New Republic City || Unity & Prosperty - Korra/Avatar Inspired - Recruiting!

Started by la dame en noir, May 26, 2016, 09:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

la dame en noir

Hello everyone! My name is La Dame and this my recruitment thread for New Republic City || Unity & Prosperity. A legend of korra/avatar inspired group roleplay.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

If you're interested in learning more, I am working on a World building thread with more information on the roleplay! Please stop in. Its still a work in progress.

Looking for air benders and non-benders! Please join!!!

World Building Thread
OOC
Character Sheets

Year of the Dragon - 192 A.G.

It has been thirty-seven years since Republic City had been thrown into chaos by the great uniter, Kuvira. In that thirty-seven years, Korra has found peace within herself and happiness with, her now wife, Asami. Together, with the help of Bolin, Mako, and several others - Republic City has since been rebuilt into what the inhabitants now call "The New Republic City." Crime is still the same, but a breath of fresh air from the tyrants and radicals that tried to bring the downfall of not only the Avatar, but the city itself year after year.

Pro-bending is back on its feet, gathering crowds like never before. New teams have formed and events are a nightly outing. Bending schools, courtesy of Korra, help train individuals on matters of the skill, combat, and culture.

Now the citizens of New Republic City have a chance to bask, grow, and make their life their own.

• My name is la dame or Panda I will be your GM and Jugg will be my adorable co-gm. Any questions, concerns, ideas, etc will be PMed directly to me.
  • This group roleplay accepts all gender roles and sexualities. Create a character that fits your muse, there will be no judgement here.
  • All character profiles must be PM’d for official approval. When PMing your character profile please label it as your character’s name
  • Drama is not allowed in the Interest thread or OOC. Disagreements and debates are welcome, but berating, nitpicking, or otherwise being very mean to any of the players will not be tolerated.
  • I do not expect everyone to post 10 times a day, 7 days a week. I do however expect players to put a little time and dedication into the roleplay. If you’re in a scene with someone, do not leave them hanging for weeks at a time. Please be courtesy and let us all know if you have to take time away and will be back. Real life happens, shit happens – I understand.
  • This is a literate roleplay which means….I expect quality in everyone’s post. Please take the time to make at least 3 to 4 paragraphs a post, if it’s 1 paragraph or a few sentences, I will think that you’re not interested in the story or character development.
  • Backseat GMing will not be tolerated in this game. We appreciate and welcome feedback and suggestions, but anything beyond that will be swift kick in the rear. HOWEVER!!! I will be looking for a co-gm
  • One element plus a sub element will be allowed per player. I will be looking for an Avatar later on in the game
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Lustful Bride

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Vergil1989

Tentative interest, but chances are I'll sign on for this one.  I'd want to see a few more people join first though.

I will say this though, I was one of the people that voted for the sandbox variant of this lol.  I love these worlds, LoK especially holds a special place in my heart.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

la dame en noir

YAY! Well, I'll be happy to have you on board. I'm also waiting for more people to show. I'll be working on the world building thread daily - where it permits.

Thanks for voting :3
A&A | FxF |

BennyQ

Is there a template for character sheets? I can have one up tonight or tomorrow hopefully.
"With bae through thick and thin, she already thick so I'm halfway there."

Vergil1989

On the world building thread I believe.  There's a CS sheet there.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Lustful Bride

Player || Lustful Bride

Name || Emah Luki
Age || 19
Sexuality || Bisexual
Gender ||Female

Bender? || Yes.
Power || Earth Bending.

Occupation || Formerly a farmer, now a student and working to be a police officer.
Connections || None
Skills || Knows how to farm, ride an Ostrich Horse and even sow. (though she isn't very good at any one of those tasks)

Personality ||Usually happy with her friends and content with just the simple things, radio, friends etc. Growing up on the farm she didn't have that much but learned to appreciate what she had, even if she sometimes longed to be in the city. When she was younger people used to make fun her her name pronouncing 'Emah Luki as 'immah looking'. It didn't bother her at first but it led to her disliking when people get her name wrong, and so she overpronounces and spells it out for everyone.

Background || Farm Girl who wanted to do more than use her bending to move crops or make paths for animals. Emah grew up out in the country, looking upon the glistening buildings of Repoublic City and imagined how good things must be in the big city, how much better than her boring old farm where she worked to not only make ends meet with her family. Her prospects at remaining on the farm were labor, and possibly having to marry someone to keep the farm going. She wanted to do more with her life, and over time saved money every way she could, even cutting her hair and selling it to a wigmaker at one point. Soon she had enough money to move to the city and with the approval of her family, set off to persue new and better things.

Upon entering the city she saw the metal bending police in action stopping a robbery, and instantly knew what she wanted to do with her life.

Appearance || Despite the hard work she did on the farm and her enjoyment of going on long walks, just for the sake of it, Emah has retained some of her eating habits (Lots of protein for the days of hard work) from the farm and retains abit more weight than she is used to to. She has calluses on both her hands and feet, and doesn't believe in wearing make up since she mostly lived without it save for special cases. Her hair is long but still cared for, if not the shiniest or the softest.

Pet || None.
Hobbies ||-Listening to the Radio.
-Walking, even if to nowhere in particular.
-Anything to do with the 'Shadow Bender' series that has gotten popular in Republic City.
-Practicing her 'Police Voice'

O/O || Same as Player.
Theme Song ||

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

BennyQ

WORK IN PROGRESS – SUBJECT TO CHANGES

Player || BennyQ

Name || Rikkar.
Age || 26.
Sexuality || Heterosexual.
Gender || Male.

Bender? ||  Yes.
Power ||  Water Bending.

Occupation || Former Underground Battle Champion, Teacher, volunteer healer at the hospital.
Connections || Older brother to Kati.
Skills || Employing sweat/sucking vegetation of water for bending, long-distance surfing via bending, ice-bending, mud-bending & factory tradesman.

Personality || Rikkar is ambitious and proud, desiring to attain a level of mastery over water-bending on par with the Avatar as his goal in life. He maintains a detached and serious persona, choosing to display a stoic resolve to assist in his sole pursuit of knowledge and the mastery of his bending. This does not mean he is without emotion, which he carefully guards and does possess a desire to help others, which led to him becoming a water-bender teacher. He is quick to anger and slow to laugh, though he is capable of forgiveness after a time. The hurt and harm of innocent beings can move him to sadness (though he'd never admit it).

Background || Rikkar was born and raised entirely in Republic City within a middle-class family, to a water-bending father and a fire-bending mother. His parents enjoyed a storybook romance, being from two opposing spectrums that eventually overcame the barriers and obstacles inherent to their cultures. Growing up, his parents never ceased to display their tenderness with each other despite the stigma attached to their union, which resulted in Rikkar adhering away from such displays of affection as he wished to avoid the criticism of others. Because of this, he remained a solitary and quiet child growing up, attending a decent schooling within the city.

Taking after his father, a Water-Bender from the Northern Tribe who arrived in the City for work in the factories, Rikkar developed a skill for water-bending at an early age. He often employed this as a child, honing his skills not by his father or a teacher, but through various fights and bouts with fellow students in school. This led to an early suspension due to his various transgressions and repeated offenses, not to mention repeated forays into the underworld to participate in the illegal tournaments. As a response, from the age of fourteen to twenty, his father sent Rikkar to live with his relatives at the North Pole, where he was instructed quite firmly and harshly by the Water Bender masters there. Their disciplinary approach was severe and challenging, which created an environment Rikkar could thrive in despite his loss of social interactions and interpersonal skills. He excelled at his training, earning the respect of the Northern Water Tribe masters despite his less conservative demeanor towards water-bending, choosing to use it as both a weapon and a tool for healing.

With the acknowledgements of the Masters of the Northern Water Tribe under his belt, Rikkar returned to Republic City after nearly a decade away, now influenced by traditional values of his father's people, he tries to maintain a steady balance with the more modernized lifestyle in the city and his desire of martial competition, winning his first tournament in his first year back. With his father's growing afflictions and weakness with age, Rikkar however took it upon himself to abandon his martial pursuits in an attempt to maintain the family wealth. He did not desire to work in a factory such as his parents did, disdaining the cramp worked spaces and conditions. Instead, he choose to apply at the local Bending School, where he might share his vast knowledge with others, propagating his repute, while at the same time hoping to find an upcoming and worthy student that might one day rival his own skills, to which he can test his full powers and capabilities against. Rikkar now teaches Advanced Water-Bending at the school, being employed there for two years.

Dragged to Pro-Bending matches by his fangirl of a sister, Rikkar has come to admire the prowess of some of the competitors, though he refuses to participate in any way himself as he see's himself above it as a teacher. He has however a dark past of wandering into the Underworld side of Republic City, where once a competitor in the underground tournaments, now he bets on illegal fighting between benders and is even reputed to still participate himself...

Appearance || See picture. Rikkar has his mother’s long hazel hair and piercing blue eyes, with caramel hued skin. After the manner of his father’s people, Rikkar has taken to wear the Water Tribe attire, with a blue tunic lined with fur atop blue breeches tucked into fur-lined boots. He wears a belt around his waist, which carries a quick bundle of water in case it’s needed for a fight. He is quite tall, with hair reaching down to his knees.

Pet ||  Zamah. Turtle-duck (bottom left of image). Shared.
Hobbies || Watching Pro-Bending, duelling, & swimming (in icy water).

O/O ||  Vanilla sex, rough-housing, oral (giving and receiving)
Theme Song || Sacrifice.

Player || BennyQ

Name || Kati.
Age || 19.
Sexuality || Homosexual.
Gender || Female.

Bender? || Yes.
Power || Fire-Bender.

Occupation || Student.
Connections || Younger sister to Rikkar.
Skills || Harpist, can use fire-bending to create harmless, coloured smoke.

Personality || Unlike her older brother, Kati is generally easy going, though she can have a serious streak. She tends to possess more of her parent’s affections than Rikkar, almost constantly smiling and cheerful. However, she is quite spoiled, never having had to work for anything beyond house chores and being given plenty of praise and love by her parents, in lieu of their first born being a problematic child. She can rarely be offended and loves to banter, though she lacks in competition. Insulting or swearing at her can easily reduce her to tears and fright, though in defence of others she can quickly find her backbone. She is quite clumsy, being a daydreamer, always living in her head and rarely paying attention to what’s in front of her. She idolizes Pro-Benders, wishing to possess their confidence and skill.

Background || Kati was born in Republic City to a middle class family, her father being a Northern Tribe water-bender while her mother is a fire-bending immigrant from the Fire Islands. She takes after her mother, having developed fire-bending abilities from a young age. She has had some uncontrollable outbursts with her abilities, having had one near incident in her youth where in a nightmarish dream she nearly set fire to the family house. Despite it being an accident, with no blame placed upon her, Kati has long shied away from utilizing her powers, much in contrast to her brother who seeks to employ it whenever he can. For a time after this incident, she was solitary and self-exilic, confining herself indoors though she did not become guarded and emotionally aloof like her brother.

During her teenage years, she blossomed into a beautiful young woman, though still hesitant to employ her fire-bending skills or develop her sexuality. Instead she took an interest in culture and music, abandoning her fire-bending for a time to learn how to play the harp and attend music school during her formative years. This allowed her to become quite apt with her fingers, which she adores and protects as if it were gold, wearing gloves to keep them clean and free from harm or injury.

Her parents, despite her older brother’s determination to develop his powers and the trouble it brought, still encouraged her to learn bending under a proper teacher. However, her clumsiness quickly found her a pariah to most private tutors and masters, having suffered enough scorched walls, singed curtains, and near-misses with the building being burned down. She tended to lean towards less actual fire bending and more of the secondary uses of it, such as creating smoke or other playful gestures since she is too afraid to utilize a full flame. Despairing at last, her parents decided to enroll Kati in a public Bending school, hoping one of the many expert teachers would help train the clumsy girl into a disciplined user, not for combat, but for practical use. Her parents have no wish for her to become a fighter, but understand her powers and hope for her to have some measure of control over her fire-bending.

Kati on the other hand only dreams of music and finding romance in the fashion her parents did. She is disdained by her brother for this, often leading to him bullying her at times.

Appearance || See picture. Like her parents and brother, Kati is a woman of modest height, though a full head shorter than her brother Rikkar. She keeps her copper hair (a mix of her mother and father’s) short and shoulder length and has a brighter shade of sandy, olive complexion for skin. Her eyes are wide and of a bright amber hue, which stems from her mother’s side. She has an athletic build, though more of a dancer’s physique then the bulky frame her brother has developed with his martial prowess.

Pet || Zamah. Turtle-duck (see image of Rikkar, bottom-left). Shared.
Hobbies || Music (harpist), Pro-Bending, reading, watching the Movers.

O/O || Vanilla sex, oral (giving and receiving), pet-play, foreplay.
Theme Song || Marya.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: la dame en noir on May 29, 2016, 03:18:37 PM
aww shes so cute! where did you find the image?

I don't remember, I just went looking around and found her :P

la dame en noir

@BennyQ:: OMG YASSS

SHES GAYYYYY!!!

And your water bender is beautiful! :3
A&A | FxF |

BennyQ

What I did for my pictures is just google "Avatar [bender-type]" so if you want to find a water-bender, just type in "Avatar water-bender"

It'll come up with the cast of characters from the show and a few independent ones that people drew/created. All credit and love to them for the OC.

la dame en noir

I would like to ask everyones input on what we should add to New Republic City.

We have a bending school now, but I'm looking for new ideas.

I'll be making a character and ooc thread sometime tomorrow. I'm slowly working on the World Building thread now, while also joining another group game and replying to 1x1 rps.

I'm so damned happy that people are showing interest.
A&A | FxF |

Vergil1989

Well....I'm making a waterbender with certain familial connections that are hopefully believable lol.  I know, I said I wasn't going to join, but after seeing some of the profiles here, BennyQ and LB especially, I finally broke and started putting someone together lol.  Damn it you two!  If my head explodes, I blame you!  Lol joking aside, she's a pro-bender, so the bending arena and all that it entails would be a welcome sight, as would a certain estate in the Dragon Flats Boroughs.  I won't say why just yet.  :P

la dame en noir

Quote from: Vergil1989 on May 29, 2016, 07:33:21 PM
Well....I'm making a waterbender with certain familial connections that are hopefully believable lol.  I know, I said I wasn't going to join, but after seeing some of the profiles here, BennyQ and LB especially, I finally broke and started putting someone together lol.  Damn it you two!  If my head explodes, I blame you!  Lol joking aside, she's a pro-bender, so the bending arena and all that it entails would be a welcome sight, as would a certain estate in the Dragon Flats Boroughs.  I won't say why just yet.  :P

MUAHAHAHA YOUVE RETURNED!

I'm making a metal bender, as you've heard. She will be a pro-bender and very sarcastic!

can't wait to see what you come up with!
A&A | FxF |

BennyQ

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Vergil1989

Sandbox BennyQ, that's my understanding of this game of ours here.  Meaning we're not limited to one or the other.  The city at large is our playground.  ;D

BennyQ

Awesome! I guess my characters can be spectators and maybe future competitors then.

la dame en noir

YESS

I wanted it all in the Rp, which is why i decided to go this route. This way, players have more choices.
A&A | FxF |

Vercile

Interested, love to put my CS in Asap.

Edit: Are all Benders applicable?