Battletech 3145 - Recruitment (Open for recruitment)

Started by Blobbe, June 16, 2014, 07:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blobbe

OK, both the OOC thread and the Characters and Unit Roster threads are up. I'm going to work on the unit roster and an opening scene. In the meantime, feel free to post your profiles in the roster thread and natter away in the OOC one

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Paladin of Lust

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Le List of Lust (My ONs & OFFs)

Wargtass

You guys got tenacity with these BattleTech threads at least.  :P

Shoot me a PM if you open up more spots! Good luck for so long!  ;D
O/O

Blobbe

Quote from: Wargtass on June 26, 2014, 04:26:51 PM
You guys got tenacity with these BattleTech threads at least.  :P

Shoot me a PM if you open up more spots! Good luck for so long!  ;D

Thanks for that! And trust me, should a slot open up, you're top of the list

Renegade Vile

Quote from: KaylaM on June 26, 2014, 06:50:57 PM
Thanks for that! And trust me, should a slot open up, you're top of the list

There was a young lady that had posted on the previous page as well, wondering if there were any slots open.
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

Paladin of Lust

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Le List of Lust (My ONs & OFFs)

Blobbe

Recruitment is open again!

We currently have two slots open for MechWarriors in the main company roster. We're open to all weight classes, although medium and heavy 'Mechs are most wanted at the moment

Additionally, we are opening recruitment for support personnel and other characters; Technician, Spies, Scouts, Facemen, Negotiators, Local nobles or other such "plot PCs".

Alsheriam

*resists the urge to reach for his Timber Wolf configured in the style of Aidan Pryde's*
A/A

orderNchaos

Hhhmmm...somehow I imagine Aidan Pryde's Timber Wolf would be a bit out dated by this point!  Plus it wasn't his favored mech!

Alsheriam

Quote from: orderNchaos on August 04, 2014, 07:08:30 PM
Hhhmmm...somehow I imagine Aidan Pryde's Timber Wolf would be a bit out dated by this point!  Plus it wasn't his favored mech!

True, but it won't stop a wannabe pilot from imitating Aidan Pryde's final and finest sortie. ;)

The Thor II on the other hand, looks tasty.
A/A

orderNchaos

Bring it.  We could use some strength and heavies or we could really use a plot character or protagonist to mix it up a bit!

Blobbe

Landshark

Oh i love Battletech. I havent played in years though. Would it be possible to play if i dont have the books I mean how much of the system is used and to what degree. Of course thats assuming theres still an opening.

TheGlyphstone

Renegade Vile

Quote from: orderNchaos on August 04, 2014, 09:31:11 PM
Bring it.  We could use some strength and heavies or we could really use a plot character or protagonist to mix it up a bit!

Indeed, don't think you will not have things to do if you do not play a MechWarrior, or a warrior that focuses on other necessities as much as piloting a 'Mech. Plot is being built-up as we speak, and the more protagonists that fit other echelons, the more intricate it will be, I'm sure.
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

Landshark

Was thinking a mech pilot but he isnt that good in one so he has a very simple layout. Its a modifed Thug (Brute? i forget which) with a larger engine triple strength myomer, Ferro fiberous armor and a mace. He heats up and charges very gladiator style mech. Hes a free worlder from Tortuga and came by his mech umm less than legit :P He is still learning the finer points of being a pilot but has good streetsmarts as well as scavenging abilities.

Sound like something you all might be interested in?

TheGlyphstone

I don't see any canon Thugs with a mace - the only hard-and-fast rule we've got so far is that characters start with an official, canon-pattern Mech or Mech variant.

A Mjolnir, on the other hand, has both TSM and a Mace in its Prime configuration, so that could work (though at 25 tons, it's a lightweight). The No-Dachi NDA-3S also has TSM and a mace, on a 70-ton frame.

Landshark

Ah ok np i wasnt aware of the canon mech rule. Ugh i dont have the books so trying to do this from memory plus the updated timeline im not super familiar with. It looks like the long range is pretty well covered what would be most beneficial to the group? A support mech with a beagel probe and such would be useful but a short range and fast meat grinder mech would be good too.

TheGlyphstone

Wheeler97

Oh, soooo tempted. I'd be looking at a Vulture Mk III (Mad Dog to the Clans) or a Mad Cat, figuring the Mk II is more feasible for a Merc than a Mk IV given how recent the IV would have been released.

Landshark

Ok so ive looked through the wiki and found 2 i like. Ones a med mech the Violator (claw and mining drill, mrm 10's x2)
Or the Cudgel Hvy mech (9 med lasers, 1 small laser a mace and a claw)

Opinions? It says the Violator didnt prove well in open combat even though it has good armor so maybe not one to have. But it repairs easy so bonus there.

Character would have hit and run tactics at heart and a past that no doubt would catch up to him eventually. His scavenging skills would be handy as well as his streetwise for underworlds contacts and such.

TheGlyphstone

If you want hit-and-run tactics, you don't want a melee loadout. Melee weapons are for brawlers - get up in an enemy's face and stay there where you have advantage and they're struggling to keep you at range to shoot.

Of the two designs, the Cudgel is better - the -2B variant with ER lasers most of all. But neither is suitable for a skirmisher, so you should decide which you like better.

Landshark

hehe Yeah i get what your saying. I literally meant HIT though. melee weapons especially from a hvy mech can ruin most mechs. The TSM making them even worse. He would run in swat and keep moving to the next target letting smaller mechs clean up as most mechs would be slowed or crippled after a full strength hit. Smaller mech would just be smoking feet :P
and your right the variant would be better. I didnt see it when i looked it up.

Once again this is just my first preference. I wouldnt mind making a mechanic either. He would know how to drive everything just to move them around for checks and such but no real combat experience. 

TheGlyphstone

Yeah, melee is good for the 'hit' - but anything slow enough for you to land that hit on will be tough enough to take the hit - Lights and most Mediums can outrun you, Heavies and Assaults can soak it at least once before anything vital is damaged. And then you're stuck with the 'Run', giving them a juicy opening to pour fire into you unopposed while you try to build distance for another hit.

For real Hit & Run tactics, the lighter the better, and as much range as possible. Speed lets you rush in, deliver a strike, then get out before the target ranges on you...repeat as necessary. Range lets you get better targeting solutions than your prey, so you'll maintain accuracy advantage to compensate for your weaker armor.

orderNchaos

Quote from: Landshark on August 07, 2014, 02:29:30 PM
Ah ok np i wasnt aware of the canon mech rule. Ugh i dont have the books so trying to do this from memory plus the updated timeline im not super familiar with. It looks like the long range is pretty well covered what would be most beneficial to the group? A support mech with a beagel probe and such would be useful but a short range and fast meat grinder mech would be good too.

We could really use a protagonist to make things more interesting....but if you're more interested in just being a Mechwarrior, we are missing some heavy hitters and some recon.  The fast range strikers are fitted out.