New Sword Art Online Campaign! - Seeking Players

Started by BruceTheCat, April 18, 2013, 01:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

For those who are familiar with the show and setting, I would like to start a new Sword Art Online campaign game.

Those who would like to participate would all be apart of the same group who work together on the front lines to beat the game, maybe even the same guild if we want to go with something more in the public eye of the other players. It would be set after the first year has already passed by, with the players having probably just recently cleared the 50th floor.

If you watch the show, this would assume that the last few episodes that took place in SAO never actually happened. Pending the group actually takes off we will progress past the 75th floor. I will take part as both one of the players in the group, and the Storyteller. In a perfect world I would love if everyone controlled what happens, however I haven't seen that be successful in the past so if you think that would be something you're good at let me know.

In order to add a bit to the danger of the world, and to make the RP overall a bit more interesting, I have created a very simple dice and points system for fights in the game. Each player will be given 10 points to allocate between Attack, Defense, and Health. When you attack or are attacked I will roll a d100 (100 sided dice) on my end. So, the attacker rolls a d100 and (let's say) get's a 60 in their roll. The defender makes the same roll, and receive a 50. This would mean that you take 10 points of damage. If the defender beats the attacker, then you block/dodge completely. Each point you devote will give you +10 on that given Attack or Defend roll, or just +20 Health if you decide to go in that direction. Each player will begin with 100 Health.

Anyway, please fill out the character sheet if you are interested!

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Level:[/b] Between 70 - 80
[b]Sword:[/b] A 'sword' in this game can really be any form of melee weapon.

[[spoiler][img][/img][/spoiler]

[i]Attack: [/i]
[i]Defense: [/i]
[i]Health: [/i]

[b]Primary Skills:[/b]

Please select 4 skills that you think your character is one of the best at on the server. This can be both combat based (Dual Wielding, Hammers, Sneak, etc.) or non-combat based (Smithing, Cooking, etc.)

[b]History:[/b]

This is primarily meant to be your history since starting on the server, and reaching floor 50. But you can also include your history before entering the server if you would like!

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Niki315

I'll probably just remake Skosha if that's all right.  I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten mobbed yet...

BruceTheCat

I don't have a gift for starting story posts. But hopefully if we get even a bit of comments we can keep it near the top where people look!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000