News:

Main Menu

Let's talk music!

Started by Beorning, November 29, 2014, 10:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Just what it says in the title :) Let's talk music: good songs, bad songs, interesting artists, awful artists...

To get us started: what do you think of Annie Lennox? Personally, I think she has a great voice and that she has made some good music. On the other hand, some of her past visual incarnations totally scare me. For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg

Great song, but just everything about Lennox's look here rubs me the wrong way...  :o

But as I said, great voice. I love her Love Song For A Vampire - excellent song for the best vampire movie ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhG8zC4npsE

Beorning

Soo... nobody wants to talk Lennox? Hm  ;)

How about Queen / Freddy Mercury? What do you think of him? Personally, while I'm not a big fan of Queen, I think it's hard to deny that the man had awesome talent. His vocal scale..!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTdXgK4

On another note, what do you think of John Lennon? I admit that I don't know that much about him, aside from the fact that he was in The Beatles. But I listened to his song Working Class Hero and it rubbed me the wrong way - Lennon seems to take a very arrogant, messiah-like position there... What's your opinion?

Jag

I tend to keep personal opinions of bands and artists and what not to myself. Everyone likes what they like (no matter what I think of it). I've heard people make comments about even hating Mercury. No matter how much I, or anyone, love a band or singer or how good I, or we, think they are'; there is always someone out there that will think it's trash. ^^ Heh, though I guess that is my opinion (that everyone has one and no matter what I think of a song there will always be someone who loves and hates it).

That said...my favorite bands are a short list. I very rarely get into bands. I tend to just listen to anything that's on and enjoy most of it. However there are a few that I love beyond anything else and can listen to anytime.

Gorillaz - This shouldn't surprise anyone that's known me for a while. I'm obsessed with the Gorillaz. I'm pretty sure I squealed like a little girl when I heard the news that Albarn has plans for a new Gorillaz project to be released in 2016.

Damon Albarn - Yes, he's the singer for Gorillaz, but I liked him before Gorillaz and I liked his solo album 'Everyday Robots' and bought it the day it came out. I love his voice. It's so mellow.

Daft Punk - Have loved them since I heard the 'Homework' album back in the late 90s. I love the music and the whole concept around them. I just love their emphasis on visuals and story components and their robot persona for public appearances and performances. I think my love for them is part of why I love the Gorillaz so much.

Flogging Molly - I can listen to any of their albums any time and enjoy it. It always puts me in a good mood.

Outside of those, I don't really listen to any bands. I listen to a lot of music, but most times I don't even know the name of the band and never care to find out.

Jag's favorite songs from their favorite bands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln8k6ADa-KA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjbiUj-FD-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8yEqco39T8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxziFMyRwDg
Bit of trivia with this one. The song was inspired when a child at Albarn's daughter's school brought a knife to school to show everyone. The kid didn't want to hurt anyone, he just wanted to show his friends a knife.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Beorning

Quote from: Jagerin on November 30, 2014, 10:57:32 AM
I tend to keep personal opinions of bands and artists and what not to myself. Everyone likes what they like (no matter what I think of it). I've heard people make comments about even hating Mercury. No matter how much I, or anyone, love a band or singer or how good I, or we, think they are'; there is always someone out there that will think it's trash. ^^ Heh, though I guess that is my opinion (that everyone has one and no matter what I think of a song there will always be someone who loves and hates it).

Oh, but there's nothing wrong with exchanging opinions! Let's not shy away from it :)

Anyway, thank you for your list of favourite bands. I admit I haven't heard of Flogging Molly before!

Inkidu

Lets talk about Postmodern Jukebox. I love these guys. The pianist Scott Bradlee did the piano work for the circa 1900 honky-tonk version of the Tears for Fears song Everybody Wants to rule the world. I love anachronistic stuff like this. :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CPbg9ljE4M
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

rick957

QuoteTo get us started: what do you think of Annie Lennox? Personally, I think she has a great voice and that she has made some good music. On the other hand, some of her past visual incarnations totally scare me.

Yes, but -- it's scary-cool, don't you think?  :)  Lennox pushed the limits of what women in pop could and could not do with their physical appearance at a time when that sort of thing was still very rare, and female pop stars were expected to fit narrowly into certain stereotypes (such as the "soulful diva" ala Aretha or "eye-candy pinup" ala Kylie Minogue) ... Madonna was usually a few steps behind Lennox in terms of pushing new appearance extremes in pop music, but now Madonna gets all the credit for that kind of thing.  Annie Lennox was totally "alternative" in spirit and in terms of her songwriting and social commentary -- before the alternative music thing really got rolling, and before Lilith Fair and the women connected to it.

QuoteOn another note, what do you think of John Lennon? I admit that I don't know that much about him, aside from the fact that he was in The Beatles. But I listened to his song Working Class Hero and it rubbed me the wrong way - Lennon seems to take a very arrogant, messiah-like position there... What's your opinion?

His politics and lifestyle weren't always easy to swallow, but ... I mean ... there IS no modern popular music, and certainly no rock and roll, without Lennon.  Like, none.  The Beatles were that important ... without the British Invasion of the 60s, none of the later movements could have happened at all -- punk, alternative, jam-bands, none of that.  You might be able to argue that Motown and R&B and hip-hop and electronica could maybe have happened without the Beatles, but I'd even argue against that, personally ... Popular music minus the Beatles would look like something totally different from anything that we've heard in the last fifty years. 

:)  We might all be listening to 30-second commercial jingles instead of actual songs.  (Might still happen too ...!)

Gorillaz had a few totally kick-ass songs, but I thought their first album had too much ... mediocre filler in between the great tracks.  But then again, the singles made the whole thing worth it.  Missed the other albums, unfortunately.

Jag

Quote from: rick957 on December 11, 2014, 04:52:28 PM
Gorillaz had a few totally kick-ass songs, but I thought their first album had too much ... mediocre filler in between the great tracks.  But then again, the singles made the whole thing worth it.  Missed the other albums, unfortunately.

Even the creators of Gorillaz admit that the first album was mediocre overall. One of their first big gigs was in Japan and they said it went badly. People just didn't get into the songs. So they released 'G-Sides', which was all the songs that didn't make the main album and remixes that didn't make the main album. This became a much bigger hit than their title album.

Much more thought went into their Demon Days album, which is said to be their best. It was more put together and the songs were meant to link in with the overall Gorillaz storyline. Albarn was inspired to write it while on a train from  Beijing to Mongolia. "weird, unspoken, forgotten part of China. It was basically dead trees as far as the eye can see. Dust bowls, loose earth rapidly turning into desert. There are little satellite towns in the middle of these semi deserts that are absolutely on their knees. And it's the size of Europe this area. And then you wake up in the morning with this nightmare in your head and it's blue sky and beautiful sand, which looks fantastic now but was probably something else millions of years ago. And that will happen to us in our lifetime." is what he said about it and wanted an album like that.

Hewlett, the artist for Gorillaz, said "Let's repeat the same process, but do it better. Because everyone thought it was a gimmick. If you do it again, it's no longer a gimmick, and if it works then we've proved a point." and it really shows in the album. Demon Days was beautiful. They released D-Sides for it too, which had all the cut songs and remixes (some of which I think are better than the ones on the album).

Even my husband, who does not like Gorillaz, admits that the work put into the albums and live performances is incredible. I'd love to see them live.

So if you liked the singles from the title album, Demon Days is more than worth it to listen to from beginning to end at least once. *nods*

Inkidu

Lol, no.

There would be rock and roll without John Lennon, and the Beatles. The British did not invent rock and roll. Now don't get me wrong the Beatles are a valuable contribution to the genre, but it's not like it hinged upon them. Remember we had the King. :)

EDIT: Yes I do know what you mean, but it's not accurate to assume that A.) Rock and Roll would not evolved in the absence of the British Invasion and B.) These other genres would not come out later, if differently.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Lilias

I think a lot of people didn't like the Dave Stewart part of Eurythmics, but their chemistry was such that Annie Lennox's material was never just so by herself. Can't win, really.

That said, the queen of scary-cool, who, 40 years into her career, still defies classification, is Kate Bush.

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Beorning

I admit I don't get Kate Bush. At all. I never could get into her music...

As to other matters...

1. Good point there about Annie Lennox pushing boundaries... I can agree with that. Although, personally, I can't help finding some of her incarnations as off-putting...

2. Would modern music not evolve without Lennon and the Beatles? I'm not so sure about that. Some classic bands like Genesis and Pink Floyd started not too long after the Beatles, right? And they didn't seem to be much influenced by them...

3. Postmodern Jukebox is not for me, I'm afraid :) Although I appreciate the effort to create this kind of music. Just... not my style.

Inkidu

I get that might not be for everyone, I just think it's interesting because you do get this whole other frame of context when a song is done in a radically different style.

rick957

I just happened to have time to watch some of the video links above, and I was so pleased with some of them that I wanted to comment on them, just for fun.

Eurythmics, "Sweet Dreams" -- man, that video is creepy as all ... get out.  :)  Haven't seen it in more years than I can recall!  Somehow I never managed to purchase that album ... which means it just moved much higher in my "need to buy" list, after that video.  This is the sort of thing that makes me miss MTV and the way you could run into cool stuff on it sometimes in between the thousands of commercials that used to drive me nuts ...

Postmodern Jukebox:  I wish it was a little less slick in terms of production, but the style grew on me immediately, after the initial surprise of how unconventional it all was.  Loved the weird looks the vocalist kept giving the camera.  Favorite part:  the unexpected and whimsical instrumental solo!  Fun stuff!

Gorillaz, "Clint Eastwood" (Live) -- EFFIN' AWESOME.  F***!  I forgot how cool this stuff was -- haven't heard it in a decade, I'll bet.  The dancers, the animation, the characters, the juxtapositions of live performance with video -- all super, super cool.  Does anyone know who the rappers are?  Neither looked to me like Del, the rapper on the studio track.  Does anyone know if Gorillaz uses prerecorded tracks live, or if the music is being played by actual people who aren't visible on the stage?  All points of curiosity.

You've succeeded in convincing me to find Demon Days sooner or later!

The Beatles, IMO, were much more than a "valuable contribution to the genre" of rock ... they literally created or popularized most of the enduring conventions of the artform.  Not only did they originate many characteristics of rock that everyone else picked up on, but they themselves picked up on the work of their contemporaries (Hendrix and Dylan and the Stones, especially) and helped to spread their artistic innovations throughout the world.  (I mean, they birthed entire genres of popular music; the "world music" genre, for example, which they literally kickstarted by promoting Ravi Shankar's work.  Also:  they made stereo sound into a viable popular technology that would succeed mono as the universal standard for the next several decades.)  The album format, the recording processes, the instrumental components typical of the genre, the concept of ultra-rapid evolution in style and appearance coinciding with fearless experimentation from one album to the next -- all these elements of rock and roll were either established or redefined entirely by this one band, and that list is much, much longer than what I've listed so far.  Rock would have headed in such a different direction without the Beatles that there's literally no telling what it would sound like now ... and it's not just a question of whether or not you like their music, but whether or not you realize the cultural impact the group had in a very, very broad way.  No band before or since has come remotely close to getting as much popular attention or wielding as much cultural influence, and that will not change any time in the next few decades, until and unless popular music trends allow once again for a single group to command the attention of the masses all at once in the way that was possible prior to the internet.

Sorry for the giant mouthful, but I love opinionating about music, is all.  :)  Holy "wall of text"!  It's interesting to speculate whether you could subtract the Beatles from history and still end up with similar popular music, but that's like asking if the Civil Rights Movement needed MLK Jr. in order to happen the way it did.  Anyone who studies the history long enough would conclude that the key figures were essential and irreplaceable, IMO.

Inkidu, you sound like you have an informed opinion that differs from mine on that subject -- I'd love to hear more details about your views and how you formed them.

Kate Bush video:  I LOVED the moment, after about 3 minutes, when the video went from being vaguely interesting to suddenly being incredibly f***ed up!  I was totally unprepared for that!  What fun.  The creature image reminded me of something Bernie Wrightson might have done in the comic-book "Swamp Thing," which might have been out around the same time period or a few years before that video.  What year was that, anyway?

The other thing that struck me was how much the music and video pre-figured or anticipated 90s artists, especially Tori Amos and Bjork, or at least, those were the first two that came to my mind. 

That's probably only the 3rd time I've heard solo Kate Bush, and the first time in a good 20 years, so thanks for that.  Her famous duet with Peter Gabriel on So is one of my favorite songs ever (one of hundreds, I mean, but what a great track) ... I found her voice off-putting for a while, but then I got seduced by its uniqueness.

I love hearing covers that are very different from the originals, generally speaking, so the Postmodern Jukebox track worked for me, but the style is very ... different, that's for sure!

Jag

Quote from: rick957 on December 12, 2014, 07:44:34 PM
Gorillaz, "Clint Eastwood" (Live) -- EFFIN' AWESOME.  F***!  I forgot how cool this stuff was -- haven't heard it in a decade, I'll bet.  The dancers, the animation, the characters, the juxtapositions of live performance with video -- all super, super cool.  Does anyone know who the rappers are?  Neither looked to me like Del, the rapper on the studio track.  Does anyone know if Gorillaz uses prerecorded tracks live, or if the music is being played by actual people who aren't visible on the stage?  All points of curiosity.

You've succeeded in convincing me to find Demon Days sooner or later!

Due to scheduling, the rappers for their live performances are not always the ones who recorded it. Most of the time it is, but sometimes they switch them around. For that specific Clint Eastwood showing, I believe it was Bootie Brown (who worked with them on the song Dirty Harry for Demon Days) and someone else.

As for how they perform...the raps and collaborator parts are always live. If it's a full on live show without the holograms, it's people playing live. With the holograms, much of it is prerecorded, but they rarely do a show that is full holograms because the holograms had a tendency to go on the fritz. They usually go all out for their shows and try to give reasons why Murdoc and the others aren't there. For their last tour (Plastic Beach), they showed this at various parts to explain why the holograms weren't there:

They usually say there are two bands. Gorillaz and then Live Gorillaz Band. Part of the Gorillaz story is that Murdoc is always fighting with Albarn to see who is going to play and Albarn usually wins because he's a real person.

I'm way too involved in them. >.< I mentioned before I don't like many bands...so yeah. >.>

Oniya

Quote from: Beorning on November 30, 2014, 09:14:08 AM
Soo... nobody wants to talk Lennox? Hm  ;)

How about Queen / Freddy Mercury? What do you think of him? Personally, while I'm not a big fan of Queen, I think it's hard to deny that the man had awesome talent. His vocal scale..!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTdXgK4

Queen was rock's answer to opera.  Other artists may have mastered the story aspect of melding music and theater, but Queen mastered the bombastics and the vocal range.  Somewhere, I have the sheet music for Bohemian Rhapsody, and at the point where they hit the high note in 'Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me!' there are nine notes being sung at the same time, and the top note is a few ledger-lines above the treble staff. 

Also, Brian May has a doctorate in astrophysics.  Not an honorary degree - an actual degree.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beorning

Quote from: rick957 on December 12, 2014, 07:44:34 PM
Eurythmics, "Sweet Dreams" -- man, that video is creepy as all ... get out.  :)  Haven't seen it in more years than I can recall!  Somehow I never managed to purchase that album ... which means it just moved much higher in my "need to buy" list, after that video.  This is the sort of thing that makes me miss MTV and the way you could run into cool stuff on it sometimes in between the thousands of commercials that used to drive me nuts ...

I'd say that the video in itself is interesting... until the cows appear. After that, the mood is kind of broken ;)

Quote from: Oniya on December 12, 2014, 08:03:14 PM
Queen was rock's answer to opera.  Other artists may have mastered the story aspect of melding music and theater, but Queen mastered the bombastics and the vocal range.  Somewhere, I have the sheet music for Bohemian Rhapsody, and at the point where they hit the high note in 'Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me!' there are nine notes being sung at the same time, and the top note is a few ledger-lines above the treble staff. 

Also, Brian May has a doctorate in astrophysics.  Not an honorary degree - an actual degree.

Meh. I have one of these, too ;) *ducks*

Joking! Actually, it's a very interesting thing to know. Also, that thing about Bohemian Rhapsody...

In a way, listening to those old bands makes one realize how univentive and mediocre many of the modern bands are...

And speaking of old stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwtdhWltSIg

What do you think of Losing My Religion? I used to love this song in the past... Nowadays, my tastes have changed, but I still find the video interesting. BTW. Do you know that the director is the same guy that, years later, directed that surreal thriller with Jennifer Lopez, The Cell? There's even one scene in the movie that directly references the video...

rick957

QuoteI'm way too involved in them. >.< I mentioned before I don't like many bands...so yeah. >.>

IMO every great band deserves the kind of scrutiny and devotion that you've given to that band ... I think it's better to go "deep" into a relationship with a few artists and albums and songs and form long-lasting, personal connections with the work rather than following the crowds and constantly shifting one's attention to the latest hype ... especially when the hype is following money ... instead of following heart ... or art.

Quote... at the point where they hit the high note in 'Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me!' there are nine notes being sung at the same time, and the top note is a few ledger-lines above the treble staff.

Living up to your title as a storehouse of trivia, Oniya?  :)  I think I heard the thing about Brian May somewhere before, but the musical details about that song are totally new to me and cool as hell to find out.

QuoteI'd say that the video in itself is interesting... until the cows appear. After that, the mood is kind of broken ;)

*chuckles*

QuoteWhat do you think of Losing My Religion? I used to love this song in the past... Nowadays, my tastes have changed, but I still find the video interesting. BTW. Do you know that the director is the same guy that, years later, directed that surreal thriller with Jennifer Lopez, The Cell? There's even one scene in the movie that directly references the video...

An entire generation -- perhaps two -- of later movie directors cut their teeth doing MTV videos in the 80s and especially the 90s; the list is very long and prestigious.  "Losing My Religion" has always delighted me because it's one of those very dark and mysterious, even twisted, hit songs which can be misconstrued as a straightforward love song until you pay close attention to the lyrics.

R.E.M. went from the top of the pop world to its very bottom in the space of about 20 years, so that their latter albums disappeared without a sound ... which was no reflection on the quality of the work, and don't believe anyone who claims otherwise.  The fans who stuck with them all the way through got to hear some musical masterpieces that the rest of the public still doesn't know about, and probably never will.

Oniya

Quote from: rick957 on December 13, 2014, 03:06:48 PM
Living up to your title as a storehouse of trivia, Oniya?  :)  I think I heard the thing about Brian May somewhere before, but the musical details about that song are totally new to me and cool as hell to find out.

*chuckles*

Always.  ^^

The bit about Bohemian Rhapsody comes from the fact that I used to have a subscription to Guitar for the Practicing Musician.  Every month, they had a section in the middle with official tabulature for technically interesting songs (others that I recall specifically were Silent Lucidity by Queensryche, and Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson.) 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Inkidu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMSe3f39Dhg

You've probably had exposure to this song if you've watched American Dad!. It has a very Meatloaf-esque quality to it.

Also, Eagle Seagull: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D-CRxQ5Ae8 as a twofer.

Speaking of Bohemian Rhapsody: GERSHWIN QUEEN MEDLEY! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-J_FatMnXY

Beorning

Thanks for more music, Inkidu :)

Speaking of Meat Loaf: do you guys remember I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth)? It's an fabulous, if kitschy, love song... and the video is equally amazing  :-)

Also, have you heard Sisters of Mercy's Dominion? I've always believed that this song is Doctor Doom's theme  ;D

(I've seen both of these songs on Youtube, but they seemed to have been uploaded by ordinary users, meaning they are probably pirated... Is it okay to embed such videos, then?)

Nowherewoman

This song and vidoe have inspired more RP ideas in my fevered little brain than nearly anything else:

And this has always amused:

Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Oniya

Quote from: Beorning on December 17, 2014, 01:23:33 PM
(I've seen both of these songs on Youtube, but they seemed to have been uploaded by ordinary users, meaning they are probably pirated... Is it okay to embed such videos, then?)

As long as the videos don't contain anyone under 18.  Linking to them is always permitted (put the [ url ] tag around the link to ensure non-embedding).

Beorning

Quote from: Nowherewoman on December 17, 2014, 03:06:09 PM
And this has always amused:

Ooh, I well remember when this video appeared. For a time, I really thought that Brian Molko was a woman...  ;)

Speaking of Brian Molko - years ago, I actually had a sexual crush on him in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QML71sBu1E

Somehow, he seemed quite... feminine in there. BTW. Does anyone know if the girl in that video is someone famous? She seems familiar somehow...

Quote from: Oniya on December 17, 2014, 03:16:20 PM
As long as the videos don't contain anyone under 18.  Linking to them is always permitted (put the [ url ] tag around the link to ensure non-embedding).

I see. But if these videos are on Youtube illegally, could embedding them bring RIAA or similar institutions down on us?

Oniya

In my experience, when there's a copyright infringement issue, the record company (Sony or whoever) contacts YouTube to have the video taken down.  That then causes any and all embedded videos to display the ' :-\  Sorry, this video has been removed for copyright issues ' message.

If someone were to try to store a copyrighted video on Elliquiy's servers, completely independent of YouTube's control, then there could be an issue.

gaggedLouise

Zaniest track I've heard in a long time (the vocals at about 1:50 are especially odd), but I figure this one had masses of kids jumping and dancing during the rave party boom of the early nineties . The guy is more well known for Killer, a much more emotionally weighted song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T62wvjDnKB0

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Beorning on December 17, 2014, 03:54:11 PM
Ooh, I well remember when this video appeared. For a time, I really thought that Brian Molko was a woman...  ;)

Speaking of Brian Molko - years ago, I actually had a sexual crush on him in this video:

Somehow, he seemed quite... feminine in there.

I LOVE that he's so andro.  Since my own build has frequently, depending on how I'm dressed and what I've perpetrated on my hair that month, gotten me mistaken for a teenage boy, I find Brian VERY sexy....I really should add that to my o/os, shouldn't I...

Uh anyway. Music. Another odd one I really love:

Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0