Medieval intrigue [ UN ]

Started by Hemingway, October 15, 2009, 05:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

Just as the title suggests, I'm looking for something with a medieval setting ( fantasy or otherwise ), with tons of intrigue, scheming and power-mongering. I would love to have an older, dominant female character ( details below ), though that doesn't mean my character would be a pushover. Incest, or some other illicit affair would be more or less mandatory, but beyond that, I'm open to most twists and turns.

Now for some pairings and vague plot ideas, to get the imagination going. In order of preference.

Younger brother x Older brother's betrothed: For this one, the older, dominant female is essential. Our characters would be the youngest son of one noble family, and the oldest daughter of another. Jealousy on one side, and a desire for greater power on the other could lead to a potentially fatal situation for one brother, at the hands of the other.

Queen x Son: I hardly think this needs any more explanation, but a plot quite like the previous one, substituting the older brother with the king, would not be out of the question.

Princess x Brother: Unlike the previous two, this one does not necessarily call for a dominant female character, or an older one for that matter. In keeping with the theme of intrigue, it's likely to have a darker side to it, but possibly toned down a touch.

There you have my ideas, now feel free to throw your own my way, play around with the ones I have, or simply pick one.

Here's hoping somebody will take interest.