Story idea: looking for female characters

Started by SpellboundVixen, November 13, 2010, 08:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpellboundVixen

I have a story idea in my head:

I never had a story were I was playing a real villainess . but I dont wanna be the only bad girl.

I'm looking for a few players who want to play in a dark fantasy land.. elves, succubi, that kind of place.. but the story is told from the bad guy's point of view..

I'm thinking about playing a gorgon like seductress.. I have a few ideas to make her a well balances charaecter and isnt all powerful.

any other ladies who want to be apart of the bad girls team..

need male characters too.. we need an enemy, right? ^^

any takers?

Sonya

I'm interested ^^

What would be the relationship? Mistress and student? Henchamn that has to fill the Big baddy's qouta or something? I like the idea ^^

SpellboundVixen

mmm.. thats a good question. the relationship.

I would like to see someone who is able to play a strong/wicked leader that puts her servents into place.. will the girls be henchmen or more like slaves to the leader? will they all eat along or will they be trying to take out one enought between fighting the good guys ^^

Karasu

sounds cute. I could fill the roll of male ;) because your right bad girls need an enemy XD
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: Karasu on November 14, 2010, 12:10:02 AM
sounds cute. I could fill the roll of male ;) because your right bad girls need an enemy XD

oh yes, they do.. any ideas off the top of your head what kind of male role you would like to play?

Karasu

I have two ideas:

the first: a Rival Male mage and badass.. Often mocks the females..

the second: A Shy goodie goodie, mostly there to look adorable, but as a Paladin type he has to try and fight them ^^
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: Karasu on November 14, 2010, 12:42:57 AM
I have two ideas:

the first: a Rival Male mage and badass.. Often mocks the females..

the second: A Shy goodie goodie, mostly there to look adorable, but as a Paladin type he has to try and fight them ^^

how do you think they will handle the villain's womanly charms?

ArtemisHighmore

Pardon my eavesdropping, but given the classes stated I am not sure they would be effected by womanly charm. Mages are all spells, illusions and parchment. Maybe if she resembled an ancient text of great power.

The paladin is a holy man of upstanding and solid reputation. I sincerely doubt he would wish to tarnish his standings in the eyes of whatever god he follows for the tantalizing curves of a women. But what do I know? I only play D&D. ;)

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on November 14, 2010, 01:18:28 AM
Pardon my eavesdropping, but given the classes stated I am not sure they would be effected by womanly charm. Mages are all spells, illusions and parchment. Maybe if she resembled an ancient text of great power.

The paladin is a holy man of upstanding and solid reputation. I sincerely doubt he would wish to tarnish his standings in the eyes of whatever god he follows for the tantalizing curves of a women. But what do I know? I only play D&D. ;)

::a silent giggle spilled thou her lips as she looked to the one who claims the power of a woman's charm could be easily countered by their glass::

oh, I agree. different types of people will be much harder to seduce or tempt depending on the way they were brought up.. but one simple fact reminds... they are men.. and no man is prefect [only prefect women j/k ]  I believe I could create a character who's soul propose was to make the untouchable touchable, and bring those who have lost contact with their inner mortal nature back to those pleasures they never knew they were missing.. ^^

ArtemisHighmore

Well a certainly intriguing character concept the implementation of such things would be truly amazing. Such a grand story arc as well. Would the 'hero' fall victim to the very things he had sought to rid himself of so that he could keep to the chosen path and what would he do once he has fallen. Have to like the soul searching that would take place if might say so.

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on November 14, 2010, 01:31:15 AM
Well a certainly intriguing character concept the implementation of such things would be truly amazing. Such a grand story arc as well. Would the 'hero' fall victim to the very things he had sought to rid himself of so that he could keep to the chosen path and what would he do once he has fallen. Have to like the soul searching that would take place if might say so.

^^

The story is told from the bad guy/girl point of view.. instead of the story being driven by "good guys with noble reasons for questing" we have the people who normally stand against them, for greed, lust and power.

Now I'm confused.. I think my topic thread is alittle misleading.. I wasnt meaning that this would be a female only story line.. I was just looking for people willing to play female characters.. even if the player is male.. its all about to story for me ^^

but back to your statement:
     if they were to fall, there would have to be a reason to it..like the villain of the story has her reasons for making them fail at their oaths.

ArtemisHighmore

Oh I understand the general story arc that you have planned and find it fascinating. I am in the same boat as you, driven by story, especially the interaction and development of characters, by a paper and pencil role player. As to your last sentence, she wouldn't necessarily have to have particular reasons for wanting the 'hero' to fall. Perhaps she merely enjoys causing chaos and watching the foolish mortals flailing in their own selfish gains.

PhoenixDavidov

I would be willing, Vixen, but Fantasy and Sci Fi just aren't my areas, I don't think I could pull it off.

ArtemisHighmore

Might I be so bold as to ask why you do not feel you could pull it off Phoenix?

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on November 14, 2010, 01:43:09 AM
Oh I understand the general story arc that you have planned and find it fascinating. I am in the same boat as you, driven by story, especially the interaction and development of characters, by a paper and pencil role player. As to your last sentence, she wouldn't necessarily have to have particular reasons for wanting the 'hero' to fall. Perhaps she merely enjoys causing chaos and watching the foolish mortals flailing in their own selfish gains.

true, a wick and skillful succubus who's kicks in life is merely to find holy men and "true good" men and show them what they have missing their entire lives.. enjoying seeing their reaction after they realize the darkness they allowed into themselves... willing..

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on November 14, 2010, 01:46:52 AM
Might I be so bold as to ask why you do not feel you could pull it off Phoenix?

yea, phoenix.. what type of role playing are you used to?

ArtemisHighmore

Quote from: SpellboundVixen on November 14, 2010, 01:49:25 AM
true, a wick and skillful succubus who's kicks in life is merely to find holy men and "true good" men and show them what they have missing their entire lives.. enjoying seeing their reaction after they realize the darkness they allowed into themselves... willing..

Is that not the goal of every succubus? ;) Actually a great scene comes to mind and I am not sure if you have read the Dark Elf series by RA Salvatore.

PhoenixDavidov

Mostly because I tend to read and write realistic (not sure what the right term for this would be, feel like saying 'realistic' gives an ugly undertone, but you know what I mean) historical or modern day stuff.  With elves and sprites and orges and what have you, I feel like I'm just not verse.  I wouldn't know how to play any of those.  I guess I feel like I don't have the background knowledge.

ArtemisHighmore

I believe you are seeking the term 'contemporary' which is perfectly fine. Many writers prefer to stay in the now. The great thing about fantasy and sci fi is that you can create your own race/character within the limits of the story arc. Generally if you do not feel comfortable with traditional characters, create something that you are comfortable with and ask your writing partner(s) if they are okay with it. Chances are they will be and you can enjoy a great story within your comfort levels.

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: PhoenixDavidov on November 14, 2010, 01:53:21 AM
Mostly because I tend to read and write realistic (not sure what the right term for this would be, feel like saying 'realistic' gives an ugly undertone, but you know what I mean) historical or modern day stuff.  With elves and sprites and orges and what have you, I feel like I'm just not verse.  I wouldn't know how to play any of those.  I guess I feel like I don't have the background knowledge.

well... everybody was new at one point and time... I know its hard for me to role-play in a modern setting myself so I understand how you might feel you wont be up to par...

tell me.. if you had to play a fantasy race... what would be..
Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on November 14, 2010, 01:52:53 AM
Is that not the goal of every succubus? ;) Actually a great scene comes to mind and I am not sure if you have read the Dark Elf series by RA Salvatore.

No, never heard of them, but I'm guessing its D&D based. what scene did I remind you of?

ArtemisHighmore

Apologies Spell for hijacking your thread there for a moment. As for the scene it basically involves this noble barbarian who was captured by demons when he gave his life for the lives of his companions against a demon. He was given to a greater demon who determined that his punishment would be to lie with a succubus, who would bear his offspring before destroying them before his eyes over and over. It was quite the torment for the poor man as the tribes he came from believed highly in producing strong offspring to carry on the honor of their name.

PhoenixDavidov

@Artemis-Well I do enjoy historical rp as well.  But you're right, it's something I should try sometime, maybe when I get up the nerve to make up some race.

@Vixen-If I do some fantasy rp with you then later you can do a contemporay one with me.

As for what race, hmm.  My knowledge is limited to watching Lord of the Rings so I guess I'll chose a hobbit.

SpellboundVixen

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on November 14, 2010, 02:00:45 AM
Apologies Spell for hijacking your thread there for a moment. As for the scene it basically involves this noble barbarian who was captured by demons when he gave his life for the lives of his companions against a demon. He was given to a greater demon who determined that his punishment would be to lie with a succubus, who would bear his offspring before destroying them before his eyes over and over. It was quite the torment for the poor man as the tribes he came from believed highly in producing strong offspring to carry on the honor of their name.

no issues with you hi-jacking the threat. this is more or less an area to share ideas for the moment.  We cant start a story just yet, the noobs here cant PM eachother but its a good tool to start off trying to put together stories with people we might be playing with in the near future..

and thats a horrid fate!! wow, that writer really went on the dark side on that one, destroying his off spring over and over again.. he must have went mad.

ArtemisHighmore

Quote from: PhoenixDavidov on November 14, 2010, 02:04:53 AM
@Artemis-Well I do enjoy historical rp as well.  But you're right, it's something I should try sometime, maybe when I get up the nerve to make up some race.

As for what race, hmm.  My knowledge is limited to watching Lord of the Rings so I guess I'll chose a hobbit.

Excellent choice as historical role plays are joy of mine personally. As for creating races, don't feel limited to your experience. I find it is far more enjoyable to go with something remarkable in your head that you try to bring to life. If you are more comfortable with going by what you know, then by all means do so, but please don't feel limited.
Quote from: SpellboundVixen on November 14, 2010, 02:05:39 AM

no issues with you hi-jacking the threat. this is more or less an area to share ideas for the moment.  We cant start a story just yet, the noobs here cant PM eachother but its a good tool to start off trying to put together stories with people we might be playing with in the near future..

and thats a horrid fate!! wow, that writer really went on the dark side on that one, destroying his off spring over and over again.. he must have went mad.

True, it is hard to maintain communications but so long as all writers in agreement, I find a little occ chatter in roleplays to be just fine should the story take an odd turn. As for the story, I don't believe the writer really went all that dark. He was merely establishing the bottom from which the character would have to climb back up out of which made it all the more thrilling to continue reading, seeing the aftermath of such devastation to the human spirit.

SpellboundVixen

@ Phoenix:  sounds like a deal, since we both have weakness when it comes to playing different settings, sounds like a challenge

to Artemis:

yea.. I can see that point. still, in my mind that's pretty horrid to do to a person.. that is a clever peaice of writing thou