The Lost Legions (OOC/Discussion)

Started by Aiden, April 16, 2009, 01:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

that would be cool, I hope he sees the OOC thread and gives us a Germanic warrior side of the story, I cant pm him since he is unapproved.

Edit he is approved, but when I saw it get posted he was not.

country

Hi all.  I started following the rp, without having first seen this thread.  Hope I haven't caused to much damage, although it seems that my missus has already set it up that I don't make it back to the village.  I might have to try another warrior character.  Meanwhile, must look around for the proposed suitor of my wife's sister;  make sure he did a good job wiping out these invaders.

Aiden

Welcome to the game Country, we won't kill you since, we follow a unmentioned "no god modding" rule for the game. You might be a bit out numbered after the game progresses as the story was meant to be a "Band of brothers" tale as they live their lives after the massacre of the three legions.

So with that said, I hope you enjoy the game and if you interact with our actually PCs make sure you let us know what is going on.

country

Aiden - thanks for the welcome.  You are aware that I am a total newbie to E, so I will undoubtedly step on some toes.  I hope I'm not too much a klutz - I'm a virgin at rp so please be gentle but do let me know if I step out of line.  Without discipline I'll never get it right, and I always learn a lesson better if I do it wrong first time up.

I have followed the OOC so do sense that I may have a short part, or will need to fade out.  When I was following the story, I found that there was the opportunity to jump in as a barbarian. 

Now, does DayLilly recognize that as a young woman (probably 20) without a man to catch the odd wild boar, her life expectancy in the village may be seriously reduced, unless she can woo another to accept her and her child into his household?  Perhaps she already has plans.

The Dark Raven

CountryACT,

I have sent you a message regarding your godmodding.  In my RP experience (over a decade), what you just did...without talking to me as Eadric was someone I made up...is bad form.

Also, I am very aware of Basina's normal life expectancy if she is a widow (I have a degree in medieval history).  She is not expected to stay in the village for long.  Germanic society was such that she would have been assimilated into either Alaric's household after he married her sister, or assimilated into Eadric's brother's household if he had one.  Such was the nature of Germanic Celtic culture.  Provided the Romans would be straggling into her village, and the Romans tended to either slaughter or capture the women of villages...the outcome is easy to see.

I would appreciate that, if you are going to play a Celt, that you write your own character, and not just randomly grab one made up by someone else.  Call it stealing, plagiarizing, godmodding, what have you, but I am very protective of my characters, and didn't appreciate the hijack as I saw it.

Thank you.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Banderas

This is intriguing!

Mind if I jump in?  This would be my first RP on E, and it would be an honor.

Name: Decimus Gallus
Position: Equite Cohortes (Medium Cavalry, Possibly a mid-level NCO)

I was thinking of waking surrounded by heaps of bodies, but can hear sounds of battle in the distance.  My last memory is of my detachment being ambushed as it retreatred.  Unhorsed and seriously injured (but still packing quite a punch), I must find my way back to my cohort, if it has even survived.

Let me know if it's okay with all of you.  Thanks!

country

I have apologized privately to DayLily for jumping in and assuming one of her character names. 

I have been thinking that my character will attempt to return to the village, laden with booty, meet up with a group of still armed Romans, and depart for Valhalla.

Aiden

Quote from: Banderas on June 17, 2009, 03:11:29 PM
This is intriguing!

Mind if I jump in?  This would be my first RP on E, and it would be an honor.

Name: Decimus Gallus
Position: Equite Cohortes (Medium Cavalry, Possibly a mid-level NCO)

I was thinking of waking surrounded by heaps of bodies, but can hear sounds of battle in the distance.  My last memory is of my detachment being ambushed as it retreatred.  Unhorsed and seriously injured (but still packing quite a punch), I must find my way back to my cohort, if it has even survived.

Let me know if it's okay with all of you.  Thanks!

Welcome to the game, if you have any questions feel free to PM any of the current players or post it here in the OOC chat.

Banderas

Okay.  Made first post.  Questions and comments, both ill and good, are welcomed!

BTW, has anyone here read "Beyond the Thunder River" Conan story by RE Howard?  The similarities are striking.

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Desan

Quote from: Banderas on June 18, 2009, 08:39:10 AM
Okay.  Made first post.  Questions and comments, both ill and good, are welcomed!

BTW, has anyone here read "Beyond the Thunder River" Conan story by RE Howard?  The similarities are striking.

I haven't.
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Banderas

The long and the short of the story is: the Aquilonians (look and dress like Romans) cross into Pict (Germania) territory in order to expand their empire.

The Pictish tribes unite under a single banner and massacre the Aquilonians, driving them back across the Thunder (Rhine) River.

All the fighting takes place in the dark forests.  The Picts are the masters of their element, and the fight is very one-sided.

I'm sure Howard had this battle in mind when he wrote the story.

The Dark Raven

Sounds like he used this battle for his story

Anthea

Never tickle a sleeping dragon

my yes and no

Banderas

My mistake.  The name of the story is "Beyond the Black River".

Banderas

Just curious about posting etiquette.  I'm holding off until Aiden gets a turn at posting.  Is that okay?  Got lots of ideas swimming around but want to see how he deals with this heathen sorceress witch (hi Anthea :)) before I respond.

Aiden

I'll get a post up in a few, after this one I am gonna me MIA till Sunday since I plan on testing out just how much beer I can filter through it in a 48 hour period.

Desan

Quote from: Aiden on June 25, 2009, 08:50:28 PM
I'll get a post up in a few, after this one I am gonna me MIA till Sunday since I plan on testing out just how much beer I can filter through it in a 48 hour period.

good luck :) xD

Aiden

correction, after tonight ill be MIA

Anthea

All right, may the force be with you !  ;)
Never tickle a sleeping dragon

my yes and no

The Dark Raven

Should i be sending Basina out or am i still in the village...let me know what we're doing here?

Desan

Quote from: daylily on June 26, 2009, 03:13:57 PM
Should i be sending Basina out or am i still in the village...let me know what we're doing here?

Lily, probably be best to have basina go off into the village to look for her sister, then stumble upon my character? Sounds good?

The Dark Raven

Will do as soon as i get home tonight, before I get semi-walloped by TF2

Desan

Desan

If anyone reads this daylily is gonna be gone till the 20th. Aiden, should  I have my guy just wake up then and stagger his way forward to find Marcus?