Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, April 12, 2016, 04:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EloquentWizard

Oh finally a reason to play as a human in a fantasy RP. :P
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

right, I'm back, do you two guys want to post a skelly first or shall I post the first post first? (sorry, that's awful English XD

tangela

Name: Shael Tanali

Appearance: Despite being around fourteen, Shael looks quite boyish. She has short cropped reddish-brown hair and slate-grey eyes. She is skinny, and seems to take no effort in her dress or mannerisms to appear more ladylike.

From the age of five, Shael lived as one of a number of thieves in training under one of the most infamous thieves in the city, code named the Shadow Cat. In over a decade, Shael never learned much about her mistress, not even her real name.
A year and a half ago, she came into Tarnegar with her mistress on what she was told would be one of their greatest and most risky cons to date, and would give them incredible rewards. The setup was simple. Walk in, full of fury and claim to be returning the king's bastard daughter, cared for these many years. Everyone knew the king was... liberal with his favors. It seemed to be going well.
Her mistress disappeared a week into the venture, and Shael has been stuck in the city ever since. Her new "brother" seems a likable enough person, but the king is clearly insane.
When Shael finds out about the plan to leave the city, she'll do whatever it takes to join the venture to get out of the city and, hopefully, save her mistress.

OOC: character definitely subject to change as necessary if it doesn't fit with the established worldbuilding.
"There is no justice in the laws of Nature, Headmaster, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky. But they don't have to! We care! There is light in the world, and it is us!"

Lady Jenn

The only thing I could think of would be (cos the character I start with is a blacksmith with a rather personal connection to what's happening) is that should he be her actual father, think he is or just be a random guy they're staying with? I'd like to think he might not be entirely okay with the deception lol

tangela

They would probably not be super open about it being a deception. I imagine when it comes out, though, yeah. there probably will be some discontent.
"There is no justice in the laws of Nature, Headmaster, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky. But they don't have to! We care! There is light in the world, and it is us!"

Lady Jenn

Admittedly he could see it as "Actually, whatever it takes to stop Myraz", let's just saw he has at least two very personal reasons to want the man dead...

tangela

Well, if you'd rather, we can just say she came with her leader, without a gimic, and then she disappeared, trapping Shael inside the city because a young girl alone was in more danger outside the city than inside, until now when she has the opportunity to leave with a group. Whatever works best for you.

Lady Jenn

I don't mind either way :-) I should say I'm kinda like a Games Master for this story (without the trying to kill characters who annoy me thing XD ) so I have a crap ton of characters to keep track of...lol

EloquentWizard

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. So as I understand we are giving our character descriptions.

Name: Urhea Dragao

Appearance + some Background
: An unkempt 20 year old son of a scholar from the local university, I spend most of my time within books. While I lack any training with a weapon, I find my talent is in magic, but my magic isn't harmful. Most of my spells are for support. The first spell I ever learnt was to channel energy form my surroundings into me and out to anyone who needs a boost. Looks wise I am tall and lean. I usually wear a brown cloak with a hood over my usual green pants and light beige top. My features are sharp with a high cheekbone and a strong jaw line. Finally, my dad calls my Ur.

As the lady mentioned, my character is up for any changes suggested to make him fit into the world.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

Oooh, I like that character. I almost always play somewhat druidic characters. Looks like we definitely need a high damage deaer/tank soon, though. Warrior? Mage? Maybe the blacksmith character will serve that role.

EloquentWizard

I was thinking of being the son of the town's best blacksmith's son, but I don't have confidence with a warrior. I think i will be good at a socially awkward and dark character manipulating people with his magic, but also helping ones he trusts.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

One question: How does Ur fit into the story? What is his relationship to the main character and the events? In short, what's motivating him to come on this little adventure?

Right, I think Bane said he had a blacksmith character to contribute, so maybe that'll fill out our damage dealer character.

EloquentWizard

One night while returning from a tiring adventure in the university's library, I enter my house to find there is something wrong. Normally my father drinks in his study but I find his study is locked and there is another man having a heated fight conversation with my father. I try to listen to their words but for some reason I can't hear much, I recognize an enchantment around the area, basically holding sound in. Curious, I resist trying to poke a hole in the enchantment but I feel it is suddenly lifted and all I heard was the mention of the adventure. Suddenly the door is unlocked and there is no one inside. My father disappeared into thin air along with the other man. I find a parchment on his desk, it's empty but I recognize the spell cast upon the parchment. I try to lift the spell but I am not strong enough. All I see is the word stormrider and then mention of some quest. I research a bit more for about a week and learn of the quest and decide o join into the quest, desperate to learn about my father's disappearance perhaps more excited about a real adventure, like the ones I read in the books.

P.S. how are we playing this? on here? Or some chatroom? As you guys can tell I am pretty excited. What timings are you guys thinkin of...
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

Presumably once  everything's established, Bane will start a thread in the actual nonadult roleplay forum. Any idea how we'll do ooc group discussion on things once they actually get rolling? Are group pm's a thing, or do we get an ooc thread, or?...

EloquentWizard

I am sorry, I am new to online RP so what is ooc? Oh and any suggestions for my character?BTW I like your character.. rogue/thief with swift maneuvers. You could be our damage dealer right. The warriors normally are Tanks anyway.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

tangela

OOC stands for out of character, meaning the players talk out of character about events in the plot. Its not required, but I find it helps coordinate things. And, not really. Thieves are able to do a fair amount of damage, provided they're not seen. They're kind of chaos agents. But in melee? No training. If she gets exposed, she's going to be squished. I've been toying with the idea of having her unconsciously use magic to conceal herself as a function of being paranoid, but will have to find out from Bane whether that seems okay for the world. So yeah, stealth, not actual battle ability is more where Shael's strength lies.

EloquentWizard

Yea, so we need a tank basically. Someone who can trigger the enemies and keep them focused on the tank, while you can sneak up and wreck havoc. And I agree about the ooc, we should have one i think.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

I'd be happy to do OOC in here, cos it's basically an OOC thread anyway lol, but if you guys want a separate OOC thread I'm happy to do that :)

I like your character description Eloquent, as for magic that's fine, magic definitely exists in this world (heck, the big villain is using a dragon artefact to extend his life unnaturally, any magic goes...within reason anyway lol)

Do you guys want a description of at least the blacksmith? would do all the potential NPCs straight away but there'd be a crapton of spoilers if I did that...

EloquentWizard

Yea I would like the blacksmith. Like we mentioned, we need a tank. If no tank, the quest will be very short.
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

I suppose I could change the plan for him to just start the quest, the first potential recruit you guys might meet is more than capable a fighter but not exactly what I'd describe as a tank XD

Name: Vennar
Appearance: At least 6 foot 5, Vennar is built like a tank, short tousled black hair barely disguising his heavily wrinkled face. His body is covered in muscles and he is most often seen in a plain brown tunic, his blacksmith's apron draped over his neck. While he keeps one of his own swords to hand his favourite weapon is the heavy blacksmith's hammer as capable of breaking skulls as it is hammering metal into shape.
Bio: Vennar has lived his entire life in the city of his birth, so has first hand experience of the terror Myraz has released. He has his own reason to hate the king however: his wife died because of the king, and now his brother has suddenly vanished. Although he doubts he has the strength to travel north he has decided he no longer has an option to sit by and do nothing. He will try to stop the king, even if the effort kills him.

EloquentWizard

Sounds like he will be a fine addition. How will the three of our characters meet?
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

Well my first post was going to be in his forge, so if you two can find an excuse to get you two to the forge we can go from there (although equally could change it if it's easier to go for a different start)

EloquentWizard

I can get him in. What about Shael? Also, are we playing on this thread?
The unseen storm

Available for RP

Lady Jenn

I'll give her some time to respond, don't want to force her to adapt lol

Was going to start the thread in the roleplay section once everything's sorted, so if Shael says okay then I'll go and form the thread

Also, was thinking we should do a consecutive post thing (e.g. me, you, Shael or some variation) so no-one gets stranded because everyone else gets too far ahead

EloquentWizard

I agree. Also, I will be playing in first person. As in, when playing as Ur, I will be talking as "I". Is that ok? Any preferences? Oh and by the way any changes for my character?
The unseen storm

Available for RP