European Renaissance-themed game [ M for F ]

Started by Hemingway, August 30, 2014, 05:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

If you've come this far, you've probably already guessed what I'm looking for. Hopefully, you clicked the thread because you were interested. If so, hello and welcome! If you're not interested, and only clicked because you can't stand the sight of unread threads - hello and good bye! ( Or, read on, in case you decide it's interesting after all! )

I recently started watching Borgia, a series set in Rome starting in 1492, centered around feuds between the Italian city-states - and their dominant families. A Song of Ice and Fire was compared to it in one review, so if you're not familiar with the series, just think Game of Thrones in renaissance Italy. It has all the murder, adultery and intrigue, along with a healthy dose of religion and ridiculous hats. Or think of Assassin's Creed 2, with fewer death-defying leaps. Or read a history book. Or use your imagination!

Whichever you decide on, we'll be able to work something out. Historical accuracy takes a backseat to lust and intrigue.

You now have a general idea of what I'm looking for. More specifically, though, what do I want? It's really quite open, but basically I would like to play a noble son of some family or another, paired with a lady from another family - or his own, if that's your cup of tea. Just as long as the eventual affair between those two characters is somehow taboo and illicit. I would prefer for them to be either of roughly the same age, or for her to be older. Within that framework, anything goes. If this gives you any ideas, feel free to pitch them to me. If it doesn't give you any ideas, but you're still interested - let me know. I have enough rough ideas to get the ball rolling.

That's really all I have to say about the setting, plot and themes.

Anyone currently considering writing to me, is encouraged to do so. You should be aware before messaging me, however, that I currently don't have as much time for writing as I might have liked. Postgraduate education, it turns out, can be time-consuming. I will not - at least as a general thing - have time for long daily posts. Weekly, or a few times a week, is more realistic. For the same reason, I really only want to start one game at the moment. And, as you will no doubt understand, I want to be sure we have a good idea going before actually committing to a game.

With that said, I hope no one who's interested feels discouraged by this. If you're interested, message me - if it works out, hopefully it'll work out well. If not, well, we tried!