D&D 3.5 Forgotten Realms Campaign (No Longer Accepting Apps)

Started by Keelan, September 09, 2010, 11:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Could you explain this in further detail? May I ask what bonuses that would come with such a change?

Kunoichi

The bonus is that you don't have to deal with level adjustment, which, for casters, is crippling. ^^; You also get all the listed Tiefling traits.  The only change is that your type changes from Outsider to Humanoid(Planetouched), and you're called a Lesser Tiefling, rather than a Tiefling.

Edit: And rolling stats for my cohort...

Rolling stats.
4d6.takeHighest(3)=11
4d6.takeHighest(3)=11
4d6.takeHighest(3)=11
4d6.takeHighest(3)=4
4d6.takeHighest(3)=18
4d6.takeHighest(3)=12

...Huh.  Everything except that 4, I'd be able to live with... ><;

Laughing Hyena

Well... It would only put me behind a single level. Thats not too horrible. This also give me more base bonuses that honestly most don't have. :-) Still thanks for the help.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on September 10, 2010, 08:44:20 PM
Meh. I'll do a tiefling anyway. It'll be fun trying to make it good at what it does. Can't find a XP chart... Dangit... Someone mind helping me with how one does this whole level adjustment with a monster class? I realize I am a level 11 sorcerer but my question is before that what are my base stats? Are they akin to an outsider template in advancement? Or does it utterly follow my sorcerer levels when I take up my first level as a sorcerer? or do all of my levels follow sorcerer guidelines?

Tieflings follow the guidelines of their class than what type they are. Treat them as any regular humanoid in that regard (they do not gain skill points or skills as most other outsiders do). Of course they can qualify for certain 'outsider only' feats and such.

Also what comes to 'lesser tiefling' there are several variants and most of them 'take away' something. One variant was reduce all resistances to 2, loose darkness and instead get some other spell (which improves to darkness if you take a 'level' as tiefling) and you loose Dex bonus from the race (but keep +2 int and -2 Cha). Also note indeed it's handicapping to become sorcerer as tiefling but it's also lots fun fidge around with it :). Anycase I recommend stick as regular tiefling as one level loss can be easily managed. Or if our GM allows you could 'buy off' your LA away. Meaning you still start as 11 char but your short XP away from 12th level (and have no LA).

sleepingferret

Race restriction (aside from those with racial HD which automatically require clearance with Keelan first) is limited to +2, although if you have any questions talk to Keelan.  However for all intents and purposes ignore the fact that you have a LA and make a 12th level character.  Thus a tiefling would have a final ECL of 13.

Kunoichi

We're allowed up to +2 free LA?  I see...

*looks for some good templates*

Zaer Darkwail

Umh, I think Keelan meant that we can take up to max +2 LA races. But LA still counts towards the levels you have. I PM'ed already charsheet to her (it has +2 LA and so made 10th level char). She accepted it nor asked 'correct' it so I assume LA still takes away your levels from 12 level. But the actual max amount of LA what you can take is +2 to avoid taking 'too much' or take too weird races.

Kunoichi

*had a feeling that was the case, but had no proof*

^^; I see.  Good thing I decided to wait and hear Keelan's official stance on things before making any changes to my character sheet, then.

Teridas

Is there still room in this? Have to brush up on my 3.5 luckily I have a crate filled with D&D books so I can look them over.
I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand;  He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.  I kill with my heart.

Kunoichi

We're already over the limit, so Keelan's just decided to let everyone apply, and then she'll pick the characters she likes best out of all the applicants.  Feel free to sign up. ^^

Laughing Hyena

Character is Complete! Meet Xagoris the Tiefling Sorcerer. Soon to be a God of Magic! ... oh wait shes still alive! Okay! I'll settle for Lesser God!!

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=7683

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, any number of peeps can apply and post sheets and then Keelan hand picks those which she likes most and then she develops the plot based on what group she gets in her hands. Example if group is good-neutral, then some good plot. Neutral party then brings in different plot and then evil-neutral party will have evil plot etc.

Laughing Hyena

sleepingferret

Stat sheet only for now.... character background and such to be posted later.  But my eyes are going crazy from staring at table code for a while, so I'll edit this later.

Name: Zerchai Race: Githzerai Alignment: Lawful Neutral Patron Deity: None Homeland: Plane of Limbo/Waterdeep
Height: 6' 3" Weight: 188 lbs Gender: Male Age: 26
Class: Psychic Warrior 4/Soulknife 8 Level: 12 (ECL: 14) Current XP: 91,001 Next Level XP: 105,000
Hit Points: 86/86            Temporary Hit Points: 0/0      Hit Dice:11+7d10(50)+4d8(14)+11
Initiative: +6 = 6 DEX + 0 MISC       Speed: 30 ft (40 ft w/Speed of Thought)
Armor Class: 20 (26 w/Inertial Armor) = 10 + 0 (+6) ARMOR + 6 DEX + 1 NATURAL + 3 DEFLECT + 0 SHIELD + 0 DODGE + 0 MISC
Flat-Footed AC: 16 (22 w/Inertial Armor) = 10 + 0 (+6) ARMOR + 1 NATURAL + 3 DEFLECT + 2 MISC
Touch AC: 19 = 10 + 6 DEX + 3 DEFLECT + 0 DODGE + 0 MISC
Damage Reduction: Resist Fire 5 (Crimson Dragonhide Bracers)
Spell/Power Resistance: 17 PR
Character Type Notations: Extraplanar Medium Sized Humanoid (see Complete Psionics pg 147-148 for Githzerai reference; and see Expanded Psionics Handbook pg 184 for Psionic Creature references)
STR 16  +3 Base Attack Bonus: +9/+4                   Fortitude Save: +7 = 6 BASE + 1 CON + 0 ENHANCE + 0 MISC
DEX 19 (23) +6 Melee Attack: +12/+7                          Reflex Save: +13 = 7 BASE + 6 DEX + 0 ENHANCE + 0 MISC
CON 12  +1 Ranged Attack: +15/+10                      Will Save: +9 = 7 BASE + 2 WIS + 0 ENHANCE + 0 MISC
INT  14  +2
WIS  15  +2Psi-Like Abilities (Manifester Level: 6th; Psi-Like Abilities that can be augmented are manifested as if 6 Power Points were spent; Base Save DC 10 + Power Level + CHA)
CHA 10  +0 3/day - inertial armor (EPH pg 113), psionic daze (EPH pg 90), catfall (EPH pg 82), and concussion blast (EPH pg 85) 1/day - psionic plane shift (EPH pg 124)

Racial Abilities: 60 ft Darkvision, Naturally Psionic, Psi-Like Abilities, Power Resistance
Languages: Gith, Common, Undercommon, Draconic
Class Abilities: Simple and Martial Weapon Proficiency, Armor Proficiency (all), Shield Proficiency (except tower), Psionics (Psychic Warrior), +2 Mind Blade, Throw Mind Blade, Free Draw, Shape Mind Blade, Psychic Strike +2d8, Mind Blade Enhancement +1
Feats: Wild Talent, Speed of Thought, Weapon Focus (mind blade), Improved Unarmed Combat, Psionic Meditation, Practiced Manifester (Psychic Warrior), Two-Bladed Mind Blade, Two-Weapon Fighting, Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Skills: Listen +8 (6 ranks + 2 WIS), Spot +8 (6 ranks + 2 WIS), Search +4 (2 ranks + 2 INT), Autohypnosis +14 (10 ranks + 2 WIS + 2 SYN), Concentration +14 (13 ranks + 1 CON), Tumble +18 (10 ranks + 6 DEX + 2 SYN), Jump +13 (8 ranks + 3 STR + 2 SYN), Balance +13 (5 ranks + 6 DEX + 2 SYN), Climb +8 (5 ranks + 3 STR), Swim +7 (4 ranks + 3 STR), Knowledge: Psionics +7 (3 ranks + 2 INT + 2 SYN), Knowledge: Religion +4 (2 ranks + 2 INT)

Weapons

+2 Keen Mind Blade(short sword) +15/+10 melee (or +18 ranged; 30 ft increment) 1d6+5 (17-20x2)      Notes: Free Draw (EPH pg 28), Throw Mind Blade (EPH pg 28)
+1 Keen Mind Blade(pair of short swords) +12/+7 and +12/+7 melee (or +15/+15 ranged; 30 ft increment) 1d6+4 (17-20x2)      Notes: Shape Mind Blade (EPH pg 28), Throw Mind Blade
+1 Keen/+1 Keen Two-Bladed Mind Blade(two-bladed sword) +12/+7 and +12/+7 melee (or +17 ranged; 30 ft increment) 1d8+4 (17-20x2)      Notes: Shape Mind Blade, Two-Bladed Mind Blade feat (Complete Psionics pg 58), Throw Mind Blade

Psionic Powers - Psychic Warrior
Base Save DC: 10 + Power Level + WIS
Power Points: 13/13Manifester Level: 8thMax Power Level Known: 2ndPowers Known: 4
1st Level Powers: Detect Psionics (EPH pg 91-92),  Dissipating Touch (EPH  pg 95), Biofeedback (EPH pg 80)
2nd Level Powers: Psionic Lion's Charge (EPH pg 125)

Equipment and Wealth
210 gp in coins (200gp, 95sp, 50cp)
Boots of Agile Leaping (pg 76 MIC)
Masterwork Potion Belt of Many Pockets (pg 147 Complete Arcane and pg 96 FR: Campaign Setting)
-Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (3)
-Potion of Cure Serious Wounds (3)
-Potion of Displacement (2)
-Potion of Neutralize Poison
-Potion of Remove Disease
Gloves of Dexterity +4 (pg 257 DMG)
Ring of Protection +3 (pg 232 DMG)
Necklace of Warning (pg 118 MIC)
Crimson Dragonhide Bracers (pg 90 MIC)
Brute Ring (pg 83 MIC)
Survival Pouch (pg 173 Races of the Wild)
Cognizance Crystal (Power Points: 7/7;pg 154 MIC/pg 167 Expanded Psionics)
Shiftweave (pg 133 MIC)
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (9)
Belt Pouch
Flint and Steel
Monk's Outfit (2)
Cold Weather Outfit (2)
Winter Blanket (2)
Tindertwig (200)
Map/Scroll Case
Thunderstone (5)
Alchemist's fire (5)

Keelan

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 11, 2010, 02:44:15 AM
Umh, I think Keelan meant that we can take up to max +2 LA races. But LA still counts towards the levels you have. I PM'ed already charsheet to her (it has +2 LA and so made 10th level char). She accepted it nor asked 'correct' it so I assume LA still takes away your levels from 12 level. But the actual max amount of LA what you can take is +2 to avoid taking 'too much' or take too weird races.

Um... actually the other guy is right; I meant +2 LA free, I forgot to mention it to you when you sent me your char sheet >.<  The reason for this is that, in my opinion, at 12 level the fact that you have an extra +2, or the fact that you can cast Darkness one more time, or the fact that you have an aura of [insertnamehere] really doesn't have too big an impact at higher levels.  The only limiter was on the Racial HD, but that's because it tends to make things more complicated on my end checking through it all in the MM and sometimes the details of those with Racial HD aren't always the clearest.  That aside, I never really felt that SR on Drow, or the extra two +2s, really made a Drow the equivalent of a 14th level character, though it's certainly much stronger than a 1st level character, but power in D&D 3.5 scales unevenly as you grow in levels, so that extra 'racial bonus' means less and less unless you find something really broken, which I haven't seen any I consider so yet.

So yeah, to put it simply: Everyone make a 12th Level Character, using a Race up to but not exceeding LA2, to come up with an ECL of 14

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, my bad then! Okay, I update my char then (love new spell level and more hit point and stuff XD).

Zaer Darkwail

Nice stuff; one sorc level gave me good area effect spell for imbue arrow (fireburst) and allowed me to replace burning hands with color spray (not that offensive tool but if I want knock out several low level mobs that is handy spell). If there is better spell for first level I am open to suggestions (I thinked shock and awe or combat readiness or some buff spell or other utility spell). Arrow Mind also visited in my thought but as archer I plan avoid melee anyways. 12th level feat; Woodland sniper (races of wild). So I am now officially sniper ranger now :P. One the benefits I can mimic with guided shot (and guided shot being superior also for same task) but two others are nice (miss and get bonus next shot and also allow move while sniping; both priceless).

Kunoichi

Quote from: Keelan on September 11, 2010, 10:43:54 AM
Um... actually the other guy is right; I meant +2 LA free, I forgot to mention it to you when you sent me your char sheet >.<  The reason for this is that, in my opinion, at 12 level the fact that you have an extra +2, or the fact that you can cast Darkness one more time, or the fact that you have an aura of [insertnamehere] really doesn't have too big an impact at higher levels.  The only limiter was on the Racial HD, but that's because it tends to make things more complicated on my end checking through it all in the MM and sometimes the details of those with Racial HD aren't always the clearest.  That aside, I never really felt that SR on Drow, or the extra two +2s, really made a Drow the equivalent of a 14th level character, though it's certainly much stronger than a 1st level character, but power in D&D 3.5 scales unevenly as you grow in levels, so that extra 'racial bonus' means less and less unless you find something really broken, which I haven't seen any I consider so yet.

So yeah, to put it simply: Everyone make a 12th Level Character, using a Race up to but not exceeding LA2, to come up with an ECL of 14

Alright then. ^^

*takes the Fire-Souled template for her Tibbit*

Hmm.  And do I want my cohort to be an Aasimar, or a Half-Nymph...?

Keelan

Quote from: Kunoichi on September 11, 2010, 03:15:02 PM
Alright then. ^^

*takes the Fire-Souled template for her Tibbit*

Hmm.  And do I want my cohort to be an Aasimar, or a Half-Nymph...?
Go with Aasimar, in my opinion.  It's a cohort, after all, and half-nymphs make better PCs in my opinion (plus I was considering making a half-nymph :P)

Kunoichi

*just got done applying the Half-Fey template from Fiend Folio to a Lesser Aasimar base race*

^^; Well, between the sparklies, the butterfly wings, and the nun outfit, I'd say this is going to be either an absolutely hilarious character, or one who isn't very funny at all...  Though I'd say she's at least likely to be rather sexy, at any rate.

Both character sheets are pretty much done now, by the way.  Should I put them up here, or send them to you?

Keelan

Whichever you'd prefer, and a half-fey Aasimar... boggles my mind a bit to be honest, but she'll doubtlessly be lovely ^_^

Kunoichi

Well, all it really requires is for a noble aasimar paladin to have been travelling through some fair dryad's forest, and then a little romance.  The fey aren't always known for being caring parents, so said child could then have been left on the steps to a temple of Sharess, and...

QuoteExp: --

Things to remember:

"Bauble", 12 HD PSICRYSTAL
Diminutive Construct
Hit Dice: 12d12 (31)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), climb 30 ft.*, Fly 60 feet (poor)*
Armor Class: 21 (+4 size, +2 Dex*, +5 natural), touch 16, flatfooted 19
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/-8
Attack: --
Full Attack: --
Space/Reach: 1 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: --
Special Qualities: Construct traits, hardness 8, psicrystal granted abilities (Improved Evasion, Liar Personality, Self-Propulsion, Share Powers, Sighted, Telepathic Link, Deliver Touch Powers, Telepathic Speech, Flight, Power Resistance 17)
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +10
Abilities: Str 1*, Dex 15*, Con --, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 12
Skills: Bluff +16, Climb +14*, Concentration +15, Diplomacy +20, Knowledge (Psionics) +12, Listen +4, Move Silently +6, Psicraft +11, Search +4, Sense Motive +15, Spot +4
Feats: Communicator (1/day Arcane Mark, Comprehend Languages, Message), Spell Hand (1/day Mage Hand, Open/Close, Tenser's Floating Disk), Improved Flight
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Name: Pumiro
Race: Fire-Souled Tibbit
Height: 2'8"
Weight: 32 lbs
Class: Psion (Telepath) 5/Thrallherd 7
Languages: Common, Feline, any 3 others
Melee/Ranged BAB: +4/+5
AC/Touch AC: 11(+0 Dex; +0 Armor, +1 Size)/11
HP: 62 (-0)
Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 10 (+0)
Constitution: 16 (+3)
Intelligence: 19/25 (+7)
Wisdom: 13 (+1)
Charisma: 19 (+4)

Fort: +11 (3+3+5)
Ref: +8 (3+0+5)
Will: +15 (9+1+5)

Focused: Yes
Power Points: 144 (-0)

Powers Known:
1st
Attraction(A)
Charm, Psionic(A)
Entangling Ectoplasm(A)
Inertial Armor(A)
Mindlink(A)
Vigor(A)
2nd
Crystalstorm(A)(CPsi)
Ego Whip(A)
Read Thoughts
Share Pain
Suggestion, Psionic(A)
3rd
Dispel Psionics(A)
Energy Wall
Time Hop(A)
4th
Dimension Door, Psionic
Dominate, Psionic(A)
Freedom of Movement, Psionic
Mindwipe(A)
Telekinetic Maneuver(A)
5th
Cranial Deluge(A)(CPsi)
Mind Probe
Shatter Mind Blank
True Seeing, Psionic
6th
Overland Flight, Psionic

Race and Class Features:
Small Monstrous Humanoid (Fire, Shapechanger)
Base Land Speed 20 ft
Darkvision 60 ft.
Feline Transformation: See Dragon Compendium p.25 (AC 13, Ref +9)
+2 racial to Spot, Jump and Escape Artist.
Immune to Stunning and Daze
Overwhelming Passion - By touching an opponent with a melee or touch attack, the opponent loses on Special Attack whose save is based on Charisma (Will Negates, DC is Charisma-Based).  The lost ability is chosen by the Fire-Souled creature as long as he'she has seen it used and is lost for (Charisma modifier) rounds.  Usable once per day per 2 HD (minimum 1).
Inspiring - All allies within 10' receive a +1 Morale bonus on all attacks and skill checks -and- receive a +2 Morale bonus on saves vs. Charm and Fear effects.  Active when the creature is awake.
Bonus Feat (Psicrystal Affinity)
Discipline (Telepath)
Telepathic Communication (Replaces 5th level bonus feat; Telepathy 5 ft/Manifester level)
Thrallherd (Leadership Score 23; 1 Thrall 16th-level; Believers 90 1st-level, 9 2nd-level, 5 3rd-level, 3 4th-level, 2 5th-level, 1 6th-level)
Psionic Charm
Psionic Dominate
Greater Dominate

Skills: (80 points)
Bluff – 19 (12+4+3)
Concentration – 23 (15+3+5)
Diplomacy – 21 (15+4+2+2)
Knowledge (Psionics) – 19 (12+7)
Psicraft – 20 (11+7+2)
Sense Motive – 20 (15+2)

Feats:
(B)Psicrystal Affinity (Liar)
1.) Inquisitor
3.) Extend Power
6.) Mindsight
9.) Shape Soulmeld (Charming Veil - 1+Essentia invested to Save DCs of Charm and Compulsion Powers and PLAs.)
12)Bonus Essentia (2 Essentia)

Equipment: 88,000 gp - 88,000 = 0 gp
+6 Headband of Intellect -36,000
+5 Cloak of Resistance -25,000
Collar of Perpetual Attendance -2,000
Ring of Sustenance -2,500
Ring of Mind Shielding -8,000
Tunic of Steady Spellcasting -2,500
Belt of Battle -12,000

QuoteExp: --

Things to remember:

Name: Sherry
Race: Half-Fey Lesser Aasimar
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 133 lbs
Class: Cloistered Cleric 11
Languages: Common, Celestial,
Melee/Ranged BAB: +5/+5
AC/Touch AC: 10(+0 Dex; +0 Armor)/10
HP: 0 (-0) (+2 Dex, -2 Con, +4 Wis, +6 Cha)
Strength: 11 (+0)
Dexterity: 13 (+1)
Constitution: 10 (+0)
Intelligence: 10 (+0)
Wisdom: 22/26 (+8)
Charisma: 18 (+4)

Fort: +10 (7+0+3)
Ref: +7 (3+1+3)
Will: +18 (7+8+3)

Spells Prepared:
0th
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
1st
D-Disguise Self
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
2nd
D-Lastai's Caress
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
3rd
D-Heart's Ease
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
4th
D-Remove Fatigue
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
5th
D-Eagle's Splendor, Mass
[ ] Extended Greater Luminous Armor
[ ]
[ ]
6th
D-Mislead
[ ]
[ ]

Race and Class Features:
Medium Fey (Planetouched)
Base Land Speed 30 ft
Fly Speed 60 ft (Good maneuverability)
Low-Light Vision
Darkvision 60 ft.
Damage Reduction 5/Cold Iron
Resistance to Acid 5, Cold 5, and Electricity 5
Immune to Enchantment spells and effects
Daylight (Sp) - 1/day, CL 11
Spell-like Abilities, CL equals level:
Charm Person at will, Hypnotism 1/day, Faerie Fire or Glitterdust 1/day
Detect Law 3/day, Sleep or Enthrall 1/day
Protection from Law 3/day, Tasha's Hideous Laughter or Suggestion 1/day
Confusion or Emotion 1/day
Eyebite or Lesser Geas 1/day
Dominate Person or Hold Monster 1/day
Turn Undead (Su) - 11 times per day
Knowledge Domain (All Knowledge skills as class skills)
Pleasure Domain (Immune to Charisma damage and drain)
Trickery Domain (Add Bluff, Disguise and Hide as class skills)
Domain Spontaneity (Trickery Domain)
Lore (Ex) - As Bardic Knowledge
Spellcasting (Add 0th-Message; 1st-Erase, Identify, Unseen Servant; 2nd-Fox's Cunning; 3rd-Illusory Script, Secret Page, Tongues (3rd level, rather than 4th); 4th-Detect Scrying; 6th-Analyze Dweomer; 7th-Sequester; 9th-Vision)

Skills: (84 points)
Bluff – 17 (12+2+3)
Concentration – 23 (15+3+5)
Diplomacy – 19 (15+2+2+2)
Knowledge (Religion) – 19 (12+7)
Spellcraft – 20 (11+7+2)
Sense Motive – 20 (15+2)

Feats:
1.) Extra Turning
3.) Extend Spell
6.) Persistent Spell
9.) Divine Metamagic (Persistent Spell)

Equipment: 33,000 gp - 33,000 = 0 gp
+4 Periapt of Wisdom -16,000
+3 Vest of Resistance -9,000
CL 1 Wand of Lesser Vigor x8 -6,000
Heward's Handy Haversack -2,000

Voila. ;D

Zaer Darkwail

I thought link this, this is closest pic what I had ever find about what Tibbit looks like; http://farm1.static.flickr.com/155/421541865_3e1eebf275.jpg

Now seriously tough; what tibbit looks when their in 'humanoid' form? Or what is the form what they transform into cat?

Kunoichi

Pumiro in humanoid form looks much like a halfling, merely with pointed ears, cat-like eyes, and hair reminiscent of her cat form's fur.  In her cat form, she looks like any other ordinary housecat, though her gear changes shape to suit that form.  So, she's a cat with a headband, a collar, a tunic, a cloak, two little anklets, and a belt...