L5R Topaz Championship-Interest Check

Started by kckolbe, January 02, 2011, 02:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

Hey all.  I am a big fan of the L5R setting and am considering a game starting with the Topaz Championship.  Ideally I would be one of two or more GMs, as I do well with the mechanics and organizing events, but not as well with plot construction.  Please post interest in being either a player or co-GM.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

lorcan

lorcan

kckolbe

Once I get more people we'll talk about what kinda timeline is most interesting, and whether they prefer a specific period or "what if" type scenario
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

lorcan

Okay sounds good to me lets hope more show up

HairyHeretic

You might want to give a bit more information, for those not so familiar with L5R. What exactly is the Topaz Championship, and what would the players be doing?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

kckolbe

Good point.  The Topaz Championship is a test/tournament held when a samurai in training is ready to demonstrate his skill.  It includes tests of knowledge, athleticism, and martial skill, and all who compete must do well enough to be deemed samurai.  In addition, the one who performs the best is named Topaz Champion, which is a great honor.

Players would be competing, though I would allow a small number of players to play evaluators (if a co-GM wished such a role).

Intro Thread