The Void (space scifi, lovecraft, horror) - Accepting only back-up crew for now.

Started by wander, May 21, 2015, 01:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

Finally bought the pdf, site kept crashing.  Will go through it tonight.

EDIT:  Working on a male Investigator w/high Perseverance.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Doomsday

I've ultimately decided to pass on this one, but only due to lack of time, not lack of interest. Have fun guys!

kckolbe

Still reading more on the setting, which is a bit odd in how fast things moved.  Not entirely sure about sponsored wealth.  My starting personal wealth is 1, so I will need to roll for gear.  Basic premise is that he is a former cop who quit due to disagreements with methods/priorities, worked out on his own for a while in transport, got into legal trouble and accepted a deal to join in on the current "tour".  Open to tweaking a bit if needed.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Edward-in-Fight-Club-edward-norton-562446_1600_900.jpg

Investigator

Name:
Call Sign:
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Homeworld: Saturn: Hyperion
Height: 6 ft 1 in
Weight: 189.3 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Profession: Contractor (Investigator Template Used)
Physical Description:
Personality Traits:

Attributes:(20)
Awareness 3
Cleverness 5
Demeanor 2
Grace 3
Perseverance 5
Physique 2

Skills:(53)
Defense (G) 1/4
Handguns (A) 2/5
Reaction (G) 1/4
Investigate (A)   4/7
Liberal Arts (C)    1/6
Occult (C) 1/6
Research (C) 1/6
Athletics: Fitness (Pe) 1/6
Athletics: Speed (Ph) 1/3
Freefall (G) 2/5
Insight (A) 3/6
Notice (A) 2/5
Communications (C) 3/8
Environmental Suit (A) 2/5
Drones (A) 3/5
Stealth (G) 3/6
Unarmed Combat (G) 1/4

Surveillance (C) 3/8
Animal Handling (A)   2/5
Sensors (A) 3/6
Law (C) 4/9
Astrogation (C) 3/8
Pilot: Atmospheric (G) 2/5
Pilot: Spacecraft (A) 2/5

Qualities:(14)
Fast (2)
Gifted Metabolism (1)
Hard to Kill/3 (3)
Tough/3 (3)
Disease Resistant (1)
Empath (1)
Luck/3 (3)

Disadvantages:(9)
Annoying Traits (1)
Arrogant (1)
Enemy (1)
Fanatic (1)
Nightmares (3)
Poor (2)

Quirks:
Movie Quotes
Sports Team Knowledge

Talent:
Born in Freefall

Weapons:

Damage:
01-16: Bruised (-1 to all Actions)
17-32: Battered (-2 to all Actions)
33-48: Hurt (-4 to all Actions, Half Movement)
49-59: Incapacitated (Unconscious)
60+: Dead

Statistics:
Health 10
Speed 12 mph
Walk 10 yd/turn
Run 30 yd/turn

Special:
Fate Points: 1

Armor:
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

wander

@Ghostraven; Karasu is pretty smoking! Great pic!

As an aside to everyone else making characters, I accept both drawn and photo for face-claims and whilst they're not essential, it's great to have a visual on what they look like. :)

@kckolbe; Character looking good so far! I counted 50 skill points, so looks like you haven't added in the 3 homeworld skill points. Your character doesn't need a callsign and a quick bio is good for me rather than noting their personality traits. You pretty much already have a bio there and their quirks and skills will show me and others what else you'd need to know about him.
Basically as soon as you name him and sort his skills out, he'll be approved. :) Sponsored wealth is always 1, we'll assign gear before IC starts. I know it'll seem like your character may be underarmed, though remember the genre and also it's a missing person case going in, not a bug hunt. :)

Ghostraven

Quote from: wander on May 27, 2015, 10:53:26 PM
@Ghostraven; Karasu is pretty smoking! Great pic!

Thanks  ;D

I fixed her disadvantages too; I had nightvision listed there and under qualities.

Frelance

I will add a description or picture tomorrow once i get back from work. The basic backstory for the character is that he grew up on a few different ships in The Kuiper Belt and joined the wardens after he witnessed the aftermath of the weird events happening in the Solar System.

I built him using the character creation section in the book so I have used 30 points for skills.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Zaine Alassadi
Ethnicity: Canadian
Homeworld: The Kuiper Belt
Height: 6'1"
Hair: dark brown
Eyes:Green
Profession: Warden Researcher
Physical Description:
Personality Traits:

Attributes:
Awareness 4
Cleverness 5
Demeanor 2
Grace 3
Perseverance 4
Physique 2

Skills   Attribute   Rating/Pool
Computers   Clev   1/6
Cryptozoology   Clev   4/10
Defense   Grac   1/4
Drive: Wheeled   Grac   1/4
Environmental Suit   Awar   2 /6
Freefall   Grac   2/5
Guns: Assault Weapons   Grac   1/4
Guns: Handguns   Grac   3/6
Hand Weapons: Blades   Grac   1/4
Investigate   Awar   2/6
Language   Clev   1/6
Notice   Awar   2/6
Occult   Clev   3/8
Reaction   Grac   2/5
Research   Clev   3/8
Unarmed Combat   Grac   2/5
Odd Job   Var   1/*
Engineer: Basic Drive   Clev   1/6
Engineer: Electrical   Clev   2/7
Engineer: Life Support   Clev   2/7
Engineer: Power Systems   Clev   2/7
Engineer: Transit Drive   Clev   1/6
Mechanic   Clev   2/7
Deception   Dem   3/5
Persuade   Dem   2/4
Insight   Awar   3/7
Savoir Faire   Awar   2/6

Qualities:
Pros:
Ambidextrous (1)
Occult Sensitive (3)
Sixth Sense (3)
Fearless (3)
Cons:
Darkness Magnet (3)
Dark Secret (2)
-Killed the son of a wealthy keperbelt prospector.
Talents:
Black Heart

Weapons/Armor:
ACC-62 ‘Bandit’ Semi-Auto Pistol Dam 3d6 Mag 25
Warden Armor Prot 10

Damage:
01-09: Bruised (-1 to all Actions)
10-18: Battered (-2 to all Actions)
19-27: Hurt (-4 to all Actions, Half Movement)
28-36: Incapacitated (Unconscious)
37+: Dead
Statistics:
Health 9
Speed 10 mph
Walk 8 yd/turn
Run 25 yd/turn

Special:
Fate Points1

Evolution is an arms race

wander

@Frelance;
Looking good! Zaine is approved!  ;D

@Ghostraven;

Ah, nice catch! :)

I double-checked your damage counter too, as I forgot to check that before, you're golden though. :)

iridum248

Mmm, I'm very interested in playing as either a Researcher or an Investigator. (Every ship needs a medic or a talker, after all!)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8073552/bridgegirlsprison.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8073552/bridgegirl2.jpg

Now I just need to grab the PDF...

Amarlo

Appearance

This image was editted and put together by myself, please do not use or redistribute!

Name: Jay Asarde
Ethnicity: Mutt
Home world: Earth
Height: 5 ft. 5 in.
Weight: 125 Lbs
Hair: Raven Ombre
Eyes: Blue
Rank/role: Janitor – Enforcer Veteran of 12 years
Physical Description: See Image

Background: There was a reason someone of Jay’s experience and expertise was assigned to a rescue/exploration vessel as a janitor. The woman had done far too much for her service to just be thrown off like last year’s trash but she refused to retire and refused to become useless. They had thrown this job at her as a last resort hoping to get her to finally bow out and retire but much to their shock and amusement the woman actually took the job. She was just happy to do something at this point and actually fell into her role as ship’s janitor with an uncanny ease.

While the woman is known for her large list of psychological issues and eccentric conversations, she is far more skilled than any mere space maid and could just as easily break their arm as properly clean their station. She has a large amount of combat experience under her belt, much of which can be easily recognized by the multitude of scars marring her form but it is well known amongst the crew that she wasn’t in a position like say.. Captain, because she has continued to fail her psychological. This doesn’t mean she is a malicious person, nor does it mean she will crack under the pressure. She is still permitted to carry a weapon and is even known to give good advice when it comes to strategy, piloting and recon ops. Just don’t ask her for advice on personal matters unless you want a good laugh – she is just as likely to tell you to shit yourself to get rid of problematic ex as to give a box of sanitizer to your new beau for an anniversary gift.

Stats Sheet

Attributes:(20) 1-5
Awareness 4
Cleverness 3
Demeanor 1
Grace 5
Perseverance 4
Physique 3

Statistics
Health: 12 + 4(Tough) = 16
Speed: 8 – 16 mph
Walk: 13yd/m
Run: 40 yd/m

Madness Scale:[/i] Level I
   - Level I –  Dissociative Disorder NOS

Damage
Bruised: 1-16
Battered: 17-33
Hurt: 34-50
Incapacitated:  51-67
Dead: 68+

Quirks
Clean Spotlessly
Intoxicologist – aka homebrewing

Advantages:(13)
Peripheral (2)
Hard to Kill (2)
Occult Sensitive (3)
Rapid Recover (2)
Tough (1)
Sixth Sense (3)

Disadvantages: (8)
Dark Secret (3) Military Operations
Enemy (2) Military Operations
Tormented (1)
Poor (2)

Talent:
Killer instinct

Skills (53)

General (32+2*)
Armorer (C) 1/4
Computers  (C) *1/4
Cryptozoology (C) 1/4
Deception (D) 3/4
Defense* (G) 1/6
Environmental Suit* (A) 1/5
Explosives (C) 1/4
Freefall* (G) 1/6
Guns: Assault Weapons* (A) 1/5
Guns: Handguns* (A) 2/6
Guns: Longarms* (A) 2/6
Guns: Special (A) 1/5
Hand Weapons: Blades* (G) 2/7
Heavy Weapons: Launchers (A) 1/5
Intimidation (D) 3/4
Investigate (A) 1/5
Language (C) *1/4 - Mandarin
Notice (A) 2/6
Occult (C) 1/5
Reaction (G) 1/6
Stealth (G) 1/6
Survival (C) 2/5
Thrown Weapons (G) 1/6
Unarmed Combat (G) 2/6

Secondary Specialties (18)
Military Veteran (9)
Drive: Military (G) 1/6
Gunner: Mobile Weapons Platforms (A) 1/5
Heavy Weapons: Portable Artillery (A) 2/6
Mechanic (C) 1/4
Tactics: Military (C) 2/7
Tactics: Naval (C) 2/6

Checkered Past (9+1*)
Crime: High (C) 1/4
Crime: Low (G) 2/7
Impersonation (D) 1/4
Odd Job (V) 3
Streetwise (D) *1+2 3/6
*= homeworld skill

Armor:
Flak Jacket
Flak Pants

Gear:
Electro-whip Hand Weapons: Blade |1d6 + Stun|
ACC-62 ‘Bandit’ Semi-Auto Pistol |3d6 25|
Combat Knife x2 |1d6|

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Amarlo

With that put up, if anyone would like to plot with me about potential histories between our characters or really anything - please let me know! :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

wander

Quote from: iridum248 on May 28, 2015, 12:45:51 AM
Mmm, I'm very interested in playing as either a Researcher or an Investigator. (Every ship needs a medic or a talker, after all!)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8073552/bridgegirlsprison.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8073552/bridgegirl2.jpg

Now I just need to grab the PDF...

Welcome, iridium! ^^

We for sure need a Researcher, though we could have one with a bit more investigative skills if you'd like to cross them over. :)
What lovely pics you bring me btw! I loved Kangoku Senkan (Prison Battleship)...  >:)

Please do send a character sheet in!  ;D

@Amarlo;

Approved as you know.  :-)

I'll be working on an NPC to add to the crew, someone experienced backstory-wise to help out if y'all get stuck trying to do the Mission.

I'd like to put the OOC thread up today so we can do a bit of chatter and create some bonds between all your characters and move things over there. I would love to get everyone's votes in what board you'd like this to go in though.

I'm considering NC Exotic System Small Groups, though that's just to be covered. There will be combat and there will be aliens, though this won't be a tentacle-fest. If anyone else has preferences or better ideas, please let me know! ^^

Amarlo

NC Exotic System Small Groups seems pretty legit.

And yup, thank you :D I look forward to playing! I'm actually getting all impatient, feel like a kid waiting to go to disney for the first time xD It's almost maddening!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

wander

As quick as everything has gone now that people are posting up their characters and we have approved people already, I can see the IC kicking off next week for sure. Maybe even the weekend. :)

kckolbe

Wander, I wouldn't mind taking over the investigation role given my char's background.  Also, Amarlo, I'l PM you tonight with possible history ideas as our chars have some shared experiences it seems.

Intro Thread

wander

Fiver214

Hrm. Not sure if I can balance this + my current roleplays + day-to-day schedule. I think it'd be better to back out now than to possibly flake later. Sorry, wander.
Well, I'm back after more than a year!

iridum248

The system is a bit more complicated than I expected - Jesus, that skill list! - but I'll get a character sheet up by tomorrow.

Amarlo

Quote from: kckolbe on May 28, 2015, 07:35:20 AM
Wander, I wouldn't mind taking over the investigation role given my char's background.  Also, Amarlo, I'l PM you tonight with possible history ideas as our chars have some shared experiences it seems.

Fantastic :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

wander

Sorry to hear Fiver, though cheers for the heads-up now rather than later. Maybe we can do something in the future. :)

Quote from: iridum248 on May 28, 2015, 10:39:16 AM
The system is a bit more complicated than I expected - Jesus, that skill list! - but I'll get a character sheet up by tomorrow.

The skill list is silly big (I think there are some redundancies if I'm perfectly honest and it seems specialties get their own skill here) though the system when you get down to it comes down to; attribute + skill in d6s, 5+ net successes. :)
It's like a d6 world of darkness game in that way.

We sure do need more investigative skills I think, so I'll be glad to see what you bring to the table. ^^

Amarlo

Quote from: wander on May 28, 2015, 03:42:20 PM
Sorry to hear Fiver, though cheers for the heads-up now rather than later. Maybe we can do something in the future. :)

The skill list is silly big (I think there are some redundancies if I'm perfectly honest and it seems specialties get their own skill here) though the system when you get down to it comes down to; attribute + skill in d6s, 5+ net successes. :)
It's like a d6 world of darkness game in that way.

We sure do need more investigative skills I think, so I'll be glad to see what you bring to the table. ^^

Well, I did give my baby some investigative skills because she did have some leadership in her past and typically investigation is trained into those types. I didn't want to make her to extraordinary at it, though, so those meant to specialize naturally show a better knack for it. She's supposed to be a bit of a jack of all trades an master in none type for the most part. Thus why I was so excited when one of my secondary specialty choices gave her "Odd Jobs" which varies in what pool she can use with them to fit the job and fits her EXTRAORDINARILY as ships janitor =D

Also, wander, when I placed her as janitor I forgot to mention to you that I figured part of her job would be 'retainer' work - as in cleaning up after messes people leave on scenes like bodies and the like, especially when part of their work is to cover up the occult and sketchy jobs. :) I was hoping to help you facilitate that. It was also partially why I had her with skills in explosives but I think I might have removed that.. Would that be covered somewhat by the ood jobs skill, maybe? o.O

Sidenote - I totally prefer the firefly system with skills which can be a bit more complicated than this one but at the same time has more generalized overall skills that you can buy specialties in. Then again, I like firefly overall because it's pretty much the only system I'm really all that familiar with xD

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

kckolbe

So, when you say investigative skills, I have investigation, surveillance, stealth, and drones.  What else were you looking for?  Also, is there a reason you are more concerned about those than others?  For example, are piloting/mechanics going to be a factor?

Intro Thread

Amarlo

Quote from: kckolbe on May 28, 2015, 05:00:53 PM
So, when you say investigative skills, I have investigation, surveillance, stealth, and drones.  What else were you looking for?  Also, is there a reason you are more concerned about those than others?  For example, are piloting/mechanics going to be a factor?

Don't forget Occult, Research, Cryptozoology, Notice, Law

Maybe Persaude/Savior Faire

All of which I can see having some sort of factor in investigation. I could be wrong though, those are just my thoughts on it. :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

kckolbe

I have some of those.  Also, I would be willing to use Firefly as well, though I think he wants this system for the insanity.

Intro Thread

Amarlo

Quote from: kckolbe on May 28, 2015, 05:27:49 PM
I have some of those.  Also, I would be willing to use Firefly as well, though I think he wants this system for the insanity.

I actually like some of this system because it seems more simplistic in most things. I think the only thing I would have prefered is the skill system difference xD but that's just me. This setting is definitely a bit more strict on skilling up.

And Kckolbe, I eagerly await your pm :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

wander

Quote from: kckolbe on May 28, 2015, 05:00:53 PM

Okay, to clarify... I meant it'd be good to have a good spread of skills and also some facing skills, which is the other side of the Investigator... ^^

Having a second Researcher with some face skills would be really beneficial. We have combat fairly down. I know your character is an Investigator with a good spread. I'm going to make up the OOC thread and Approved characters thread presently so I keep better track on things... ^^;

I do own Firefly by Cortex, though I am looking to do that in the future and it'll be a full Firefly game with that setting. For now though I'll be running this and putting my concentration on it so I'm not spread too thin. :)