One Crew to Rule it All (Fantasy Gangland) - Closed for now.

Started by Revenent, August 16, 2012, 08:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MzHyde

*raises hand* Shizuru owns a bar. It is named, legally, 'a bar' because when she was filling out the paperwork she didn't care enough to come up with anything creative and so, under 'Name of Establishment:' she wrote 'a bar'. Colloquially it might be known as 'Shizuru's' or something, but it has no name as far as she's concerned. She's also old enough to know things about people, especially her customers. She's also old enough and has reputation enough to not be screwed with, so it might make a good neutral territory.

Pink Professional

They are, or will be. Yet the premise of Healer's character being the Bar owner in which the gang has a main hideout in makes her an effective part of the gang.

Revenent

(Advance apologies if I'm too brief or don't answer everybody with this reply. I'm posting from a phone at the moment.)

Actually, Pink, Lilith's Cave was owned by Marchosias (my character and the guy forming the guy, so our new folks know). It was the last bit of his property and information network that wasn't taken out by the Brothers.

I don't have a problem with it being someone else's bar or whatever that serves as the initial hideout, but it's going to have some pretty steep security demands (letting Marc secure the place with enchantments, putting Danny on guard, having Rixx around for information purposes, etc.).

Alternatively, he could just set up a small pocket realm in one of the back rooms and use that as a secret hideout.

Healergirl

Forget it.  My character conception is being directly poached by MzHyde, and I don't want to write with somebody like that.  I'm out.

Cold Heritage

Unless I missed something, MzHyde's character's been up, with the bar, hours before you posted in the thread.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Revenent

MzHyde

Um, I know you said not to discuss it, but let me just say my piece. Cold Heritage is right. I apologize if I made it sound like I was stealing ideas, but I'm not. I didn't mean for it to come across that way. I merely suggested that the meeting place be Shizuru's because she already owns a bar. You can see it mentioned right there in her bio posted in this topic. If you were in the old game and had that idea then I apologize 'cause I didn't read through all the old character profiles fully. It's just a misunderstanding, so there's no need to drop out. I hope this resolves the issue. :)

Revenent

Yeah, I thought it was about that, but since you had put that Shizuru's had a bar right in her bio, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other situation. And since Healer hasn't replied to my PM, I guess there's not.

No, MzHyde, she wasn't in the previous game, so don't worry, you're fine. Just an overreaction based on a jumped-to conclusion (not to sound too harsh toward Healer, it's just that ignoring PMs is a huge pet peeve of mine).

Anyway, approved folks, feel free to jump over to our OOC if you want to discuss ideas, as I want to keep this thread mostly contained to profile applications and questions from those interested. If you're not approved yet, but have an idea you need to discuss that's central to your character, you can jump over there as well.

Healergirl

Revenant, I have not received your PM.

And I accept that there was a misunderstanding to a degree.  But only to a degree, MzHyde's post smacks very strongly of me-tooism.

But with two players starting off on the wrong foot and her's being the older character,  it's best that I not play, I think.

MzHyde

Um, I wasn't. I was just trying to make a suggestion. No offense meant.  ???

Revenent

Healer, at first glance, I wasn't even aware your post was implying that you wanted to make the character to run such a bar; I just thought you were suggesting the sort of setting that would make a good hideout. So I can't blame Hyde for making that assumption as well and suggesting her own character, who has a bar. And since I hadn't even approved the concept of someone else's character owning the hideout, no one really has claim to that.

I really do wish you would reconsider, though. I'm sure MzHyde wouldn't mind giving your character the chance to run the hideout, and if you still feel they're too similar for your liking, there are plenty of other options for what to do with a character. This is a fantasy RP, after all.

Kaisude

I'm drawing a blank on a character, but I know it has something to do with a vampire male, gang or not gang related. I just a need some sort of direction. Nevermind I got one. :P

Cold Heritage

I couldn't make a werebear work without feeling like I was stomping all over PP, so I gave this a shot. I'm not entirely happy with it, either, but it's to the point now where I feel if I work it anymore it'll just get worse, not better.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Adam Smith

Race: Masked Killer

Appearance: Adam is seven feet and four inches tall, and he weighs four hundred and twenty-seven pounds. There is none of it that is slack-bellied. He has broad shoulders and every inch of him is covered in thick, chorded musculature. His skin is very pale, and his pigmentation is fair in general. His hair is a shade of blond that no one will believe can be achieved without the aid of a bottle, and his eyes are a shade of blue so faint as to almost be colourless. Adam has high cheekbones, thin, pale pink lips, a broad jaw and wide chin. There are no obvious scars beyond the small, tiny ones a normal person accumulates during their lifetime. His hair is slicked up into a mohawk and the sides of his head are close-cropped.

Adam wears size twenty-five steel-toed boots that go up to mid-calf and are matte black in colour. He typically wears very loose cargo pants in a dark colour slung that ride just an inch below his waist. A white tank top is the top of choice for Adam, couple with a bullet-resistant vest. The colour of his top may change from day to day, but white predominates with grey as a close second. He wears black, fingerless gloves much of the time. Over his face he wears a mask. It is an off-white, almost bone colour. It is similar to an air-soft mask or an old-style goalie mask, and it is made of anti-ballistic ceramics. There is a mesh weave that hides and protects his eyes.

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Former Gang: The Brothers Fallen

Gang Position: A soldier.

Weapon of Choice: A steel rod with a rubber grip to form a handle on one end and razor wire wrapped around the business end.

Additional Skills:

-Mad Monk 2KXII: You can beat him, stab him, cut him, shoot him, blow him up, poison him, and Adam just keeps on coming. It still hurts, but that does not bother Adam that much. Along with this incredible robustness, Adam is preternaturally strong and seemingly indefatigable.

-Deathful: Even though Adam possesses an enormous resistance to damage on par with higher tier supernaturals, he can still die. He has died several times already. But he comes back. Sometimes his body will self-repair (if the damage is not too severe). Other times his body will simply disappear, and Adam will re-appear in another location (his bedroom, an alleyway, behind the people who killed him).  So far he has never resurrected anywhere outside the City limits. Hours, days, he will return. The longest thus far was seven days after being dismembered and his murderers dispersed to the four corners of the city.

Personality: Adam is a somber, introspective young man, much given to doubt. He has few moral compunctions, but these will not stop him from performing tasks he finds distasteful. The pleasures of the flesh do not motivate Adam as they do other men: food has no taste, liquor provides no escape, drugs no thrill, and the curve of a woman elicits no lust. His spirit  is unwilling, though flesh is strong and he can bring himself to violate a woman if it is asked of him, though he derives no pleasure from it. There is no spark of warmth inside Adam, no dreams for a better, kinder world. He does inflict pain because he wishes for his pain to be inflicted upon others; it is simply all he knows in this world, and has no inkling that there is anything else.

The mask is somewhat crucial to his activity. If it were destroyed, another would suffice. But without it he is listless and irresolute, unwilling to do much and without motivation.

Bio: The neighborhood that Adam was born and raised in belongs to the Brothers Fallen. As a boy, he ran messages and packages for the street-level Brothers. When he got older he took on more responsibilities, carrying a piece and getting involved in extorting protection money or petty thefts. He participated in a soul-eroding series of violent acts until he was as dead on the inside as a zombie was on the outside. The soul-stealers had no interest in the shriveled, wretched thing within Adam. He started wearing a mask at sixteen, and the one he wears now is not the one he wore then.

Adam broke away from the Brothers Fallen when he ran afoul of a necromancer who consumed the souls of underlings to fuel his longevity. Adam had no soul to steal, and took umbrage at the necromancer's presumption. The fire he set in a very sumptuous penthouse, and the fifty-odd corpses he left, made the 6 o'clock news, although Adam was no identified as the perpetrator and so his fifteen minutes of fame were ascribed to an unknown psychopath. The Brothers sent men to take revenge for this act, and they believed that it was over after Adam was tortured for 73 hours, dismembered, and his remains scattered to the four corners of the city. His killers then died over a period of four weeks after Adam died, torn apart by bare hands.

He was recruited into the Gang some time afterwards, picked up as muscle along with a bunch of other guys who fancied themselves hard men. They are dead now - they were not as hard as they fancied themselves.

Theme Song (optional): Kick Ass Score Track 21 Big Daddy Kills
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Healergirl

Revenant,

I gave a thumbnail sketch of the character motivation and attitude in my post, but yes, I was not as clear as I should have been. 

As to what MzHyde did:  Piping up that she had a bar and her character was a logical choice for Knowing Things about people.  And not saying that she was offering a base of operations or other help for my character.  If that can't be read as an attempt to elbow someone out of a position, I'm tempted to ask you how you would write such a thingl

This is an apology to MzHyde:

Intent is the key.  And after reading your PM,  I don't think that you intended to crowd me out.  I'm sorry for that, and I should have raised my concerns with you by PM, not detonated and gone public until I was sure what you had in mind.

CarnivorousBunny

Holy cow, I am so in! Are you guys still looking for characters?

There are WAY too many possibilities! 

I'm considering making a Mananangal, which is a Filipino version of a vampire.  Like a werewolf she has two forms, her human disguise and then her true form, which is a torso with wings.  While in her true form she is stealthy, powerful and frightening, but her lower half can be stolen.  Without her lower half, she will die when exposed to the sun.  While in human form she has next to no powers, but she cannot be killed; making her a fantastic spy, assasin or scout.
But a character like this will be a full-on support character.  Compared to the profiles I've seen she will be over powered quite quickly.

Hmm is there any sort of character you guys would like to have, or need right now?  It might be easier for me to focus if I knew what the game needed right now.

third edit: Screw it, I can't wait.  I'm making a character now *___*
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

MzHyde

It's totally okay Healie. Welcome back!

I love Cold Heritage's character concept of the Voorhees-like slasher character too. That's pretty cool.

TaurusBeresford

I wouldn't mind including a character that has been a vetenarian and through some bizarre accident involving a bovine, became a living minotaur, who has been captured by one of the gangs to use his abilities on their people as a makeshift doctor. He could even have a natrual healing talent that speed healing that he is quite unaware of happening.
I would give [you] the answer if I could, but I be a simple bull, and no bull anywhere has ever given a 'straight' answer!

The Tail of the Tauren

CarnivorousBunny

There will be some editing done for sure.  I really need to go to bed right now, so I rushed the personality and the bio.  I hope you like her. :P

Dumaya
Name: Dumaya

Race: Sigbin, a shadow vampire from the East.

Appearance: Dumaya is not exceptionally tall or intimidating.  Standing at a below average height of 5'3, Dumaya seems to look up to everyone except the dwarves, and her body is very small and petite.  Despite this, there is something very unsettling about her.  Perhaps its her vacant, crazed eyes, her impish grin, or the smell of rotting blood in her breath, but not many like to stay in her presence very long.
Her skin is dark, like smokey quartz, and her hair is even darker like onyx.  Her eyes are a deep, dark brown.  She has retractable claws that can extend to about four inches, and a tail tipped with a heavy blade-like appendage that she swings around as if it was a yo-yo.
In the rare times when Dumaya is out in the day, her form seems to be more ethereal, and every now and then there seems to be a subtly, uncomfortable shifting in her very shape. While the sun does not physically hurt her, light is simply not her natural habitat and her body has a hard time adjusting to it.

Dumaya wears whatever is given to her, she does not care how she looks.  The Unleashed provided her with light and incredibly durable armor; she is not one of those beasts that can regenerate or heal at unnatural rates.

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Former Gang: The Unleashed.

Gang Position: From her very first day Dumaya established herself as thee number one drugrunner and an indispensable assassin.  Her ability to manipulate shadows makes her an incredibly capable at these jobs night.  She is sometimes used as a spy, but she's not nearly as clever as she should be to make this a regular job.

Weapon of Choice: While Dumaya's bladed whip-like tail and poison tipped claws are more than enough, she always likes to have a few aces up her sleeve.  She always has at least one concealed vial of some new drug or poison. 

Additional Skills:
Shadow Walking: Dumaya can use shadows as portals; she just has to know exactly where she is going.

Poison Gas Cloud: While not necessarily lethal (unless exposed to for long periods of time), it stinks (unbearably so!) and burns one's skin and eyes.  She claims that the source of the stench comes from the fear, anger and resentment in her victims' blood, even those from 200-300 years ago.

Invisibility: As long as it is dark, Dumaya can shroud herself completely within the darkness, disappearing from sight.

Personality: "Ignorance is bliss", and Dumaya is the living embodiment of that statement.  A little dull, and plenty ignorant, she always has a smile on her face.  Having been a familiar for more than fifty percent of her life, she has had no real goals for herself other than to have fun.  Luckily, she enjoys pleasing those she admires, and she derives perverse pleasure from killing and fighting.

Bio: Dumaya was bonded to a witch who traveled to Middle City around 50-80 years ago. It was ignorance that killed the witch as she wandered in to the territory of the Gravediggers.  Luckily the tunnels had enough shadows to allow Dayuma to escape with her life.
After weeks alone, confused and scared in a strange place, Dayuma grew weak, and eventually reverted to her animal form to conserve energy.  After that rumors spread of a strange, exotic, blood drinking animal was wandering the streets.  The killing were random, there seemed to be no connection between the victims, other than massive blood loss.  This beast was obviously unaffiliated, and dangerous.
Some gangs, such as The Striders and The Unleashed sent people to investigate.
A dead elf and several wounded warriors later, intel missions soon became hunts. 

It may have been luck or fate, but the team sent by The Unleashed had a creature from the east as well, a Tikbalang.  When they found Dumaya, the Tikbalang saw her potential use.  It was easy to catch Dumaya's attention and get her to listen; all the Tikbalang needed to do was greet her in their native tongue.  They were able to bring her back to their headquarters with everyone unharmed.

Thankful to be taken care of and of use again, Dumaya served The Unleashed with blind loyalty and fearless determination.  In only a matter of months she established herself an indispensable tool to her gang, and she cultivated and deep friendship with Sandata, the Tikbalang that found her. She was happy for half a decade, but then tragedy struck.
A year ago, Sandata was framed and killed without any proper investigation.  He was executed as an example before her eyes, and many others.  Ever since then Dumaya has been less than enthusiastic about serving The Unleashed, but she feels she doesn't have any other place to go.

Theme Song (optional): Saeed by Infected Mushrooms

Dumaya

credit for the image goes to Matoel Grande.
Animal Form

credit for the image goes to rcmtrue.
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Revenent

Adam Smith - Approved

The idea of a supernatural slasher-type character isn't something I would have come up with, Heritage. Very neat idea.

Dumaya - Approved

I like her a lot, but keep in mind she has to have some excuse to come to the recruitment of our new gang, unless you want her to stick with the Unleashed at first (keeping in mind how this would limit your interaction, probably).

Quote from: Kaisude on August 18, 2012, 01:58:55 AM
I'm drawing a blank on a character, but I know it has something to do with a vampire male, gang or not gang related. I just a need some sort of direction. Nevermind I got one. :P

Looking forward to it. ;D

Quote from: TaurusBeresford on August 18, 2012, 11:38:30 AM
I wouldn't mind including a character that has been a vetenarian and through some bizarre accident involving a bovine, became a living minotaur, who has been captured by one of the gangs to use his abilities on their people as a makeshift doctor. He could even have a natrual healing talent that speed healing that he is quite unaware of happening.

Works for me. We could always use more support-types.

Lycan Queen

I've been looking at this thread with interest, and I have a few character ideas. However, is there a gender imbalance right now? Or do you need a specific race represented? This will help me decide who I use.

TaurusBeresford

•   Name:  Taurus Beresford (since it's going to be a new character might as well use what I normally use.)
  •   Race: Formerly human, now he is some kind of crossbred Minotaur type.
  •   Appearance: He is not exceptionally skinny, as he used to work out regularly at the local gym, but he isn't overly muscle built either. He retained his dark brown hair on top of his head, though it stays quite mussed up as the shape of his head no longer supports traditional hairstyles. He gained fur over his whole body which is colored consistently with the bovine he was somehow fused with when he was a human.
  •   Sexual Preference He had been married before his accident, but having been shunned from his previous existence he is now exploring "other" options.
  •   Former gang He doesn't really have one, as he was typically allowed limited free range to do his job.
  •   Gang Position: He will be viewed as a healer of wherever he ends up being a part.
  •   Weapons He is capable, if cornered, to use his scalpels and various other instruments as precision strikes to important areas of a body when necessary.
  •   Additional Skills: He has a healing touch that, unbeknownst to himself, is capable of making wounds heal at twice the normal speed, or for that matter degrade at the same speed if technique used was for harm. He also is an expert at anatomy and knows where everything should be on most normal beings.
  •   Personality: If given a reason other than personal harm, he will generally try to help anyone who needs his services. If he feels protected by a group of people he will have a sense of loyalty to them, so long as he doesn't feel forced to do things or else. If he feels threatened, he is likely to cause an unseen harm in the person(s) he is near during the ordeal.
  •   Bio: He grew up in a rural town, and went to a college to learn all that there was about being a veterinarian. However, at some point a weird accident happened on a farm where he was vaccinating cattle. A huge explosion cause both the cow he was working on and himself to be heavily damaged, and that is when his healing ability began. The problem was that, he didn't know how to use it yet, and parts of the cow that were on him began to repair on him along with his regular body, the end result was a combined dna that over time forced his body to develop into his current state. He was shunned from his previous location because of it, and he had been a wanderer for a few years until he came accros this large city with weird creatures. He eventually tresspassed on (x) gangs land and upon inspection of his bag, they figured him to be a doctor.
  •   Theme If desired, one could probably think of the theme from House, M.D.
I would give [you] the answer if I could, but I be a simple bull, and no bull anywhere has ever given a 'straight' answer!

The Tail of the Tauren

Roxy Rocket

Quote from: Lycan Queen on August 18, 2012, 02:04:25 PM
I've been looking at this thread with interest, and I have a few character ideas. However, is there a gender imbalance right now? Or do you need a specific race represented? This will help me decide who I use.

I'm in the same boat. I know a little urban fantasy but if someone wants to make some suggestions about what's needed in the group dynamic I'm all ears and a bit of nose even.

Of course, you might be full up. Ho hum if so.

MzHyde

Revenent

Quote from: Lycan Queen on August 18, 2012, 02:04:25 PM

Gender imbalance? Not especially, though it's hard to say while I wait for the pre-reboot people to make it clear eho's still taking part (some of them have responded in PMs, but have not as of yet gone beyond that). Just make whatever you feel like, and we'll make it work. As for races, I'm pretty sure last time it was mostly demons, fairies, and elementals, though we did have an elf, a centaur, a satyr, and some others. I don't think we had much representation for the classical races like dwarves, elves, or orcs (or humans), but I don't want to stifle creativity. I would suggest just doing something you haven't seen anyone else do yet, and you'll be fine.

Quote from: Roxy Rocket on August 18, 2012, 02:56:29 PM
I'm in the same boat. I know a little urban fantasy but if someone wants to make some suggestions about what's needed in the group dynamic I'm all ears and a bit of nose even.

Of course, you might be full up. Ho hum if so.

We're not full yet. I'll keep it open a bit longer. :-)

Taurus Beresford - Approved

Huh, your character and username's last name is the name of my street. O_o Just noticed that.

TaurusBeresford

Lol, it's the name i chose when  creating my second life character. It was one of the choices i could pick from. the breed is hereford, so it was a close match.

The Tail of the Tauren