Skull & Shackles: Pirates of the Skies [Pathfinder | Now closed]

Started by Heady Dionysus, November 29, 2017, 02:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 07, 2017, 12:02:49 AM
Yeah, it told everyone I was, being in high school and all. Still, it made me learn things about myself and more... I don't know how to feel about certain things, but I have had 14 years to move on from it.

Well, I mean...how can you move past something like that very easily, y'know? You're ok now, though, so there's that! :D
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 07, 2017, 12:11:54 AM
Well, I mean...how can you move past something like that very easily, y'know? You're ok now, though, so there's that! :D

We will say that I am and move on to game.

Captain Whitebread

Speaking of the game, we're an hour and a half past the deadline EST
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

kingmaster1

Vergil Tanner

*offers a big hug along with king*

Anywho! Yes, we are...but that's the deadline for submissions. He still has to read them and select them, and he has like...20 to pick from. :P Be patient, as hard as it is xD

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

TFcommando

Yes, selecting a party from a pool this big (biggest I’ve seen) is more of an art than a science, and you can’t rush art!
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: TFcommando on December 07, 2017, 12:34:38 AM
Yes, selecting a party from a pool this big (biggest I’ve seen) is more of an art than a science, and you can’t rush art!

Who ever is picked will be the best pirates.

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 07, 2017, 12:25:30 AM
*offers a big hug along with king*

Anywho! Yes, we are...but that's the deadline for submissions. He still has to read them and select them, and he has like...20 to pick from. :P Be patient, as hard as it is xD

*accepts hugs happily*

I feel I made it awkward and really hate I talked about it...

That aside, its so hard to be patient!

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 07, 2017, 12:23:08 AM
*Offers hug*

*happily accepts this hug as well.*

kingmaster1

Quote from: TFcommando on December 07, 2017, 12:34:38 AM

Little do we know he's just picking the biggest tits :-P

eBadger

Sometimes awkward is good.  *hugs too*

So who's GMing the leftovers Pirates?

kingmaster1

Quote from: eBadger on December 07, 2017, 12:43:09 AM
Sometimes awkward is good.  *hugs too*

So who's GMing the leftovers Pirates?
[/quote
I feel like there'll be enough leftovers for, like, 2 or 3 other games

TFcommando

On the subject of anime, pirates and big breasts, is anyone a fan of One Piece?  I’ve long had a craving to play in a sexy One Piece or OP-inspired system game (Mutants and Masterminds would be a good choice).  Possibly a setting with airships.

I should do a looking for GM post if I’m not alone in this desire.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

kingmaster1

Quote from: TFcommando on December 07, 2017, 12:46:50 AM
On the subject of anime, pirates and big breasts, is anyone a fan of One Piece?  I’ve long had a craving to play in a sexy One Piece or OP-inspired system game (Mutants and Masterminds would be a good choice).  Possibly a setting with airships.

I should do a looking for GM post if I’m not alone in this desire.

I have 3 OCs already made for one piece. I've been a fan since it first started serialization in America :-P

Captain Whitebread

To reiterate a point, we aren't pirates.

We're the victims of pirates.  We've been shanghaied.

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on December 07, 2017, 12:52:41 AM

To reiterate a point do you not want to be a pirate?

eBadger

Clearly we need to explain how press gangs work.

Saric

We're also supposed to want to be pirates or not be against the idea. It's right in the Player's Companion for this campaign. :P
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Vergil Tanner

Lol, yeah. We've been pressganged...so whether we like it or not, we're now Pirates xD

And hey! Who says we're saying that we're pirates NOW? We're saying that we WILL be pirates when we've murdered the management and taken over! :D

Also! Saric is correct; doesn't it say in the recruitment post that our characters need to want to (or at least not be against) the idea of being pirates? :P

Kathyan

Quote from: Saric on December 07, 2017, 01:02:51 AM
We're also supposed to want to be pirates or not be against the idea. It's right in the Player's Companion for this campaign. :P
Yeah and reading that in the player's guide really helped me make my character ^^

TFcommando

Started the One Piece game thread I mentioned https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279308.0

I too have been a fan since it started running in the US Shonen Jump print magazine.  Or a little before.  I have a habit of buying manga in Japanese even though I can't read the language much at all!
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on December 07, 2017, 01:03:31 AM
Lol, yeah. We've been pressganged...so whether we like it or not, we're now Pirates xD

And hey! Who says we're saying that we're pirates NOW? We're saying that we WILL be pirates when we've murdered the management and taken over! :D

Also! Saric is correct; doesn't it say in the recruitment post that our characters need to want to (or at least not be against) the idea of being pirates? :P

I'm not! I want to get a tri-corn hat that will fit with my horns! Pirate Nisha away!!

Captain Whitebread

My character is CG and a ranger.

He'd be a very reluctant pirate but he'd be one hell of a pirate hunter.

Revelation

Mine is NG, he'll be a pirate. It might involve sliding down to a less good alignment, or maybe he can just prefer to fight non lethally - either way, piracy is the name of the game, I don't think it allows for the goody two shoes types specifically due to us having to do less savory things eventually.

Zaer Darkwail

My both chars are CN, one is divine mandated to be a pirate and other is a viking (who raids and pillages anyways so jumping to pirate career would not be big splash for him).

Chulanowa

well... Emergency passed. My poor old dog - my poor, really old dog - has been having a really rough day. But things seem okay now after a trip to the vet and some fun new pain pills for the old bastard and his arthritis.

Siiiince I see the htread is still open and no calls have been made, I might as well jump in on this still!

It's just a question of which of the three do I go with between a gnome kineticist, a Human fighter or Samurai, or a Halfling rogue (because, apparently, Chulanowa just cannot not contemplate halfling rogues) Stay tuned to find out!