The Unfortunate Manor and The Lost Labyrinth (MUL: NC-H, NC-E, EX)

Started by Monceto, September 19, 2009, 09:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monceto

The Unfortunate Manor and The Lost Labyrinth

UPDATE:  March 20th, 2010
I'm thinking of accepting more guests into the manor, if there are any takers.

- I prefer females at this moment.
- I'll probably be a lot more aggressive against the players.  A few of the previous guests didn't like the pace, so there are going to be more immediate threats and dangers upon entering the manor grounds.  Don't expect a "warm" reception from the help like you may see if you read through the thread.
- I'm also willing to incorporate more supernatural elements and monsters into the plot.  Maybe not things like minotaurs, but if you state whether you like more human or "weird" dangers, I'll be open minded and may change things accordingly. 
- The year doesn't necessarily need to be 1919; any start date up to decades later is okay, as long as you state when you want to start.
- Though the plot continues what I've set up before, the cast and setting might have changed drastically with time. 
- I don't mind if you avoid some of the previous guests mistakes by reading their actions.

Story

Somewhere in old Europe, there is an ancient forest on the outskirts of a small town.  It does not appear on any map, but locals call it 'The Lost Woods'.  For as far back as the town records go, there have been tales of an ancient tomb deep in the sea of trees, filled with unimaginable wealth.  There are stories of adventurers exiting the woods with backpacks full of gold and jewels, packed to the brim with as much as they could carry.  Any that went back for more... never returned.

It's been centuries since anyone has exited the forest alive.  Each year, hundreds of adventurers enter.  Not a single one has ever been seen again. 

If an adventurer were to walk into the forest today, what they'd find is a manor built at its very center.  But what the adventurers won't know is that the manor itself was built over the labyrinth's entrance two-hundred-and-thirty-eight years ago.  It now extends deep underground, and has become part of the labyrinth itself. 

Wealth and more await those brave enough to enter, if they manage to evade the countless threats that fill the manor and labyrinth.  Unfortunately, it is very unlikely that any will survive long enough to tell their tales.

The Rules:

The year is 1919, and for the most part the rules and history of the world are exactly as we know them.  The Great War has ended, leaving many former soldiers and military agents without place or meaning.  There is no open magic of any kind, but some characters may have vague knowledge of the paranormal.  What goes on the forest, however, is a completely different matter entirely.  You can enter the forest with any equipment fit for the era.

The perspective for players is first-person.  I know third-person is a lot more common on this forum, but I don't like dealing with it, nor do I think having players narrating like that would fit well in this story.

The game itself is a weird mix between group and solo (one-on-one) play.  There are many players in the game, so it is technically a group game, but actions of the players within the manner will assumed to be staggered in time unless otherwise specified, so players usually won't interact with other players (only NPCs played by me).

What makes this game unique is its focus on short and brutal stories for the adventurers.  They can survive long enough to get the treasure, but it is going to be very unlikely.

Players must be okay with:
Rape
Slavery (particularly sexual)
Physical Abuse
Supernatural Elements
Death

Though the degree to which they are graphically described (and which fetishes will be focused on) will be tuned for each player, based on their preferences and turn ons/offs as they enter the game.  Be forewarned that reading the thread and other people's posts may expose you to content that won't appear in your own plot.  You should have some tolerance for reading disgusting things, even if they aren't aren't happening to your character.  Be explicit with your turnoffs, as I'm naturally inclined to make things weird and dark.

The actions of each character may change the manor, labyrinth, or their denizens.  I hope that there is some sort of communal feeling of progress as players are lost to the numerous hazards.  Any gear left behind, damage done, traps sprung, monsters or people killed, or devices activated may change how future players experience the the game.

If you want to start over as a different character after you lose, that's fine.  There is no limit as to how many people can eventually play, but I may limit the number of active adventurers loose in the manor and labyrinth at any given time to around 3~5.  It depends on how complicated this gets.

I don't intend on using actual dice or stats for anything.  Once a trap is sprung, or deactivated, I usually won't reset them.

I intend on making many of the traps and outcomes sexual in nature.  While I'd prefer female adventurers, I'll probably allow males-- it all depends on the degree of response to this post. 

I have a vague idea of the mansion and traps, but it may take a few days to hammer out the precise layout and story.  So the game likely won't start for at least a few days. 

The Game Thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=47737.0
Please okay it with me either here in PM before entering the game.

Cosmo_ac

September

Alice Bond is the only daughter of Henry Armitage Bond, the famous British archaeologist.  She spent her youth following her father to dig sites, museums and lecture halls around the world.

1917 saw him killed in an avalanche in Nepal.  Alice quickly found that - despite her quick wits, courage and lifetime of study under his genius - the chauvinist world of archaeology has been reluctant to accept her as his intellectual successor.  Now her inheritance is running out and she is desperate.

For the past two years she has been quietly completing his work in tracing a long-lost European tomb.  After a dozen fruitless trips to various spooky sites, she finds herself investigating an old forest the locals call "The Lost Wood"...

Alice enters the forest looking less glamorous in a brown leather flying jacket, a shirt, and grey trousers tucked into a pair of battered hiking boots.  She has a rucksack full of kit and is armed with a Webley revolver.
Some of my ons.

Synne

So this would be done first person? As in referring to yourself as "I" and such in the narrative?

Monceto

Devi

I'm definitely be interested in playing in this - I'll start working up a character appropriate for that timeline.

Is there any particular way you think I would best be worked into the current situation? I'm thinking of making a more amoral, femme fatale kind of girl.

Kate

Annie Weaver

Came from a peasant family that had been weavers for generations and at a young age found a collection of books on hypnotism and ventriloquism under the floorboards of the family home, although only just readable the subject matter fascinated the girl. Being the only education she had the strange symbols became her window into reading, but as she learned speaking words she saw on the pages over and over again she somehow managed an ability to include it into her normal speech.

This new found ability opened doors normally out of reach of her poverty and soon she found herself adopted by a wealthy family when her own perished from ill-health. Spending a fraction of her time in finishing school gave her some expertise in fencing, a past-time that kept her fit while most of the girls in her dorms miffed her due to her lack of nobility.

Annie bored of the talk of art and social rumor and sort to find treasures that would elevate her family among those she found herself all so jealous of.

Skills
  Hypnotism
  Ventriloquism
  Fencing

Attire
Solid Knee High boots
Fencing vest
Small Sword
Knife
Water bottle
Food
Rope
Bandages

Devi

Lillian Jacobs

Lillian is no one from nowhere as far as the world is concerned, which she has always held against it. From a poor family, she has managed to scrabble into the illusion of lower upper class affluence, through a mix of opportunism, quick thinking and a willingness to spend every cent she gets on appearances. She's had dozens of lovers - and bribed, robbed or drained the accounts of more than half. The only one's she's ever taken seriously have been a very specific upper crust of criminal, and she's proven a more than useful voice behind the man for several over the years. She's quick on her feet, fearless, and willing to kill if it comes down to it.

Her trip to the forest has been instigated by just such a man - he's sent her to scout it out, see what she can find, what kind of treasure awaits. She knows very little (not that there is much to know) apart from the rumor that riches wait somewhere in the forest, doubtless guarded by someone. Someone subject to feminine charms, she hopes. The closer she has come, the more she's heard tales of death and horror in the forest, heard that no one comes back from it's depths - she's starting to worry her lover has found out about some of her "indiscretions" and sent her on a suicide mission.

On the other hand, there's riches to be had, and if he thinks she's dead he won't come looking for them...

Equipment

Lillian didn't really pack for wilderness adventure, but she threw together a few things as she got a clearer idea of what she is in for. She has cheap trousers she picked up nearby, and a much nicer white top - the most durable of the one's she brought along. She wears hiking boots and carries a rucksack loaded with water, some extra food, a nicer outfit in case she comes across company, compass, and a Luger pistol with reloads. She carries a narrow bladed knife in her boots.

Monceto

Both of you can start whenever you're ready.   The initial setup for each of your characters is as September started, with you coming across a high stone wall in the forest.  Circling around it, you can eventually step onto the manor's front driveway. 

Kate

Did you want to create a thread in the small group's forum and link it here then ?

Devi

Biles

This might interest me as well, though it might take me some time to get used to it, but hopefully I can manage. Now I have some questions. I know that much of the world is set in a normal way, but when it comes to genders, are herms allowed? Also what kind of monster do we expect to encounter in such a labyrinth?
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

Thorn14

How much can we expect death? Its a real turn off, but the others sound great.

Monceto

Quote from: Biles on October 10, 2009, 01:06:42 PM
This might interest me as well, though it might take me some time to get used to it, but hopefully I can manage. Now I have some questions. I know that much of the world is set in a normal way, but when it comes to genders, are herms allowed? Also what kind of monster do we expect to encounter in such a labyrinth?

Though there are dangerous things lurking in the dungeons, it isn't going to be standard mythological creatures that have their way with trespassers. 

As for herms, I wouldn't know how to deal with them, so I guess not?  I don't know.

Quote from: Thorn14 on October 10, 2009, 02:22:10 PM
How much can we expect death? Its a real turn off, but the others sound great.

Being okay with death is non-negotiable for this game.  A lot of the hazards are there regardless of what your fetishes are, and I don't intend on reorganizing them for each player.

Raveled

O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Biles

Quote from: Monceto on October 11, 2009, 08:27:50 PM

As for herms, I wouldn't know how to deal with them, so I guess not?  I don't know.

By dealing with them, do you mean how monsters deal with them sexually?
[tr][td]
Denai Academy

Thorn14

Quote from: Monceto on October 11, 2009, 08:27:50 PM
Though there are dangerous things lurking in the dungeons, it isn't going to be standard mythological creatures that have their way with trespassers. 

Being okay with death is non-negotiable for this game.  A lot of the hazards are there regardless of what your fetishes are, and I don't intend on reorganizing them for each player.

Fair enough, the danger of it being there is alright with me, i was just worried if it was a huge part of it.

Monceto

Quote from: Biles on October 11, 2009, 11:27:30 PM
By dealing with them, do you mean how monsters deal with them sexually?

That, and I don't know where they'd fit into one of the central themes of the game (which I'm reluctant to discuss at this point, as I don't want to spoil it for the players).

Monceto

I'm thinking of accepting more guests into the manor, if there are any takers.

- I prefer females at this moment.
- I'll probably be a lot more aggressive against the players.  A few of the previous guests didn't like the pace, so there are going to be more immediate threats and dangers upon entering the manor grounds.  Don't expect a "warm" reception from the help like you may see if you read through the thread.
- I'm also willing to incorporate more supernatural elements and monsters into the plot.  Maybe not things like minotaurs, but if you state whether you like more human or "weird" dangers, I'll be open minded and may change things accordingly. 
- The year doesn't necessarily need to be 1919; any start date up to decades later is okay, as long as you state when you want to start.
- Though the plot continues what I've set up before, the cast and setting might have changed drastically with time. 
- I don't mind if you avoid some of the previous guests mistakes by reading their actions.

Biles

Quote from: Monceto on October 12, 2009, 06:18:05 PM
That, and I don't know where they'd fit into one of the central themes of the game (which I'm reluctant to discuss at this point, as I don't want to spoil it for the players).

I'm not sure what you mean by having to fit in the central themes, but I'm guessing the creatures lurking to satisfy their lust for sex probably comes in a variety of size and shapes and so far up to this point,  their victims is either going to be male or female given the conditions you've set up already. So a herm shouldn't be any different from the other genders, they just simply have more private parts for them to play with.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy