Help with YIM (Yahoo Instant Messenger)- Calling all computer geeks(good way)

Started by Kimbersqk, June 08, 2015, 07:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimbersqk

i wrote this in another area but then discovered this board about "technology..." Maybe i will get a hit from here? Worth a shot... Please help!!!!!!!!

Hey y'all.

Ok.. So i have tried to get help from YIM care whatever people for the past week. Now i'm turning to my friends/hopefully geeks (not in a bad way ;) ) here on E.

YIM has not been working for me. It is working on my COMPUTER just fine. When i sign out, i have it go automatically to my phone. The messages are sent via text messages. In result, i do NOT have to be "logged into" YIM and use up internet. Good deal huh?

It IS a good deal, when it WORKS! i haven't been able to get the messages sent to my phone for over a week or two *thinks* now... Does anybody have any suggestions?

i have already:
*deleted my phone number from the site, then added it back on (twice).
*once i added my phone back again, i clicked the -send to phone automatically after signing out-

That is what the Yahoo people said to do. i have done all this. Now i think they are scratchin their heads not knowing why it isn't working. i have unlimited texting so that can't be an issue stopping them from coming.

Any ideas? Let me know!!!!
Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.
It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon half way around the world. - Chaos Theory from Butterfly Effect

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries
Kimber doing what she loves. Signing C'est La Vie by B*Witched

Kimbersqk

Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.
It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon half way around the world. - Chaos Theory from Butterfly Effect

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries

Stella

Kimbersqk

It didn't work. i just tried to uninstall then install. Not sending messages to my phone. Maybe i should just give up..?

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries

Rogue

Sometimes it worked for me. Alot of the time it doesn't. It's by far easier to have the app if you have easy access to power but.... unfortunately their text system is a bit screwy.

Kimbersqk

Nice to know it isn't "just me." :) That makes me feel a little better. Thank you Rogue.

Thank you Stella for the suggestion. Just didn't work. But, again, thank you for the suggestion. :D

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries

Drake Valentine

I would say just drop YIM, as it isn't that great of a messenger program anymore.

Maybe years and years ago, it used to be reliable; however over time I noticed there has been hiccups in its ability to send messages while during active internet back and forth. Sometimes it won't send anything regardless and offline messages have tend to just vanish as if they never happened; plus there have been problems of accessing history in it and other various technical difficutlies.

I'm sure there are other programs out there with apps, though I don't use mobile device much linked to accounts cause I don't like my phone being blown up with messages(despite unlimited.) 

The ones I know and used in prefer order of reliability; Skype > AIM > MSN > YIM

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Rogue

Hangouts is also really good and if you have an android phone, pretty low intensive on the batt. Plus if you have a Google account you're already signed up for it.

Stella

Kimbersqk

i have skype- not on my phone though....
AIM sends texts to my phone (which is a lifesaver sometimes)- Texts
Hangouts is on my phone- (internet based)
Facebook chat is on my phone... (internet based)

**Was just tryin NOT to use up internet

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries

Jarulf

Not sure if it's any help at all, but I think you can send and receive texts with Hangouts.

Kimbersqk

i think hangouts can convert texts INTO hangouts. i don't think it is the other way around...

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries

Jarulf

Quite possibly. We don't have the full set of Google's texting and call services here in Sweden, you need to have an American phone number for that, so I'm not quite sure what is possible. I do use Hangouts for both texts (sms) and chats, but apparently there are VoIP and other things you can do as well .
None of which solves your problems with YIM of course. :-(
I hope you find some sort of solution.

Rogue

As I use the services being referred to I'll explain. Hangouts in combination with Google talk can send text messages. However it does use some amount of data (similarly to group messages or pictures). Probably because it uses sms. However as I cannot track this, I'm not going to say for sure it doesn't use Internet.