Ravenloft: Thornbriar Tales

Started by Airindel, March 05, 2007, 02:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airindel

I am posting the following game concept and information here to see if there may be a group of gamers out there who might be interested in it. It is a Ravenloft game, and since I do not wish to deal with the simplest of mathematics or combat rules, I am having it freeform based. There are several specific premade characters, and the players who take those characters must be able to closely work with the GMs (elandra and myself) at certain times. Furthermore, this game is story and plot driven, and there is a posting limit in place at a maximum of 4-5 posts per week. For further information on the characters, the game, or information regarding Ravenloft please feel free to private message me. Thank you.

Ravenloft: Thornbriar Tales

Game Information:

Thornbriar, a sleepy hollow village forever shrouded in the chilly mists of Mordent; the ancient trees of the surrounding woods, their knurled branches knit and weave together like veins against the grey sky to lock out any light, letting Thronbriar rest in constant shadow and veils.

Miles away, through the torment of the labyrinth woods, following lonely trails of abandoned manor houses and ruined cemeteries that litter the countryside, each a silently decaying testament of the noble families that once held sway but now have passed into history, stands Lewthwaite Hall.

Lewthwaite Hall, its ethereal beauty in the haunting mists, is still glorious as when it was first built decades ago. Although hallways fall silent, and wings and floors become locked, the Lewthwaite family still owns their manor home, and reigns over Thornbriar and the surrounding area.

But every family has secrets, and some are whispered aloud, and some remain silent behind locked doors.

Leaving Darkon behind them, the newly married Lady Lewthwaite travels with her twin children, Jovan and Celeste, accompanied by their trusted and younger household staff, to join her husband Lord Alastair Lewthwaite at his family estate in Mordent. They are yet to meet Lord Lewthwaite’s two grown, yet young, sons from his previous marriage.

The journey from Darkon is long and arduous, and there are some encounters one will wish to forget, but those dangers are nothing in comparison to what awaits at Lewthwaite Hall.

The Cast:

Celeste Seneca:  Physically looks like her mother in youth; strikingly beautiful. Ability wise she is quite intelligent and wise. Personality is demure, sweet young woman; 'beautiful soul'; modest and she is curious …too curious for her own good. 18years old
--Character taken--

Jovan Seneca:  Physically sexy and knows it (looks like his father). Ability wise he is cunning, clever and witty. Personality is fun-loving, adventurous/curious, silver-tongued, and wants to experience life to its fullest. 18 years old.
--Character taken--

Relationship between Celeste and Jovan: They love one another dearly, and are extremely protective of one other.

Blaine Lewthwaite: Physically handsome. Ability wise he is intelligent, knowledgeable, well learned. Personality wise, he is the perfect gentleman; condescending especially to the servants; obedient to the father for he fears him. 20 years old

Geoffrey Lewthwaite: He is a good-looking lad. Ability wise he is cunning and intelligent. Personality, he is evil, mean and cruel; condescending, hateful and smart-mouth. He is 16 years old.
--Character taken--

Relationship between Blaine and Geoffrey: Competitive, and no love lost.

Faustine Lewthwaite: She is physically beautiful. She is naive in thinking that everybody has redeeming qualities; beautiful soul; very giving and loving. Ability wise she is intelligent and artistic. 34 years old.

Alastair Lewthwaite: Physically handsome, and very charming. He is intelligent, cunning, wise and charismatic. Personality: keeps temper in check, in control, perfect husband/dote on the stepdaughter, serious and manipulative. 42 years old.

Relationship between Alastair and Faustine: Very tender and loving. He is protective of her, and is quite comfortable with letting him be the head of the house. She is the good wife. A perfect couple.

Edward:     The Butler of Lewthwaite Hall. He has known Alastair when he was yet a child, and loyally serves him. He is a perfectionist, and expects that in his staff as well as others. He is reserved, civil and extraordinarily polite, highly intelligent, manipulative and calculating.

Mrs. Bennett:    The Cook. She has served at Lewthwaite Hall for several long years. She often finds comfort in Edward’s company; she confides in him about the staff secrets/problems/situations, and he consoles her worries. Secretly, she pines for him. She is rather serious regarding her work and the running of the household staff, but she is also motherly to the young women who work for her, pleasant, and jovial.

Sebastian Ambrose:     A close childhood friend, and school mate of Blaine Lewthwaite. He is rather a wealthy individual, now owning the Ambrose Estate (Consists of a manor house, apple orchards, and a cider house [in the cider industry]). He used to be a rogue in his day, although he is a civil and polite gentleman, well educated, and physically attractive. 24 years old.
--taken--

Hugh Radcliffe:    A close school mate and friend of Alastair’s who now resides at Lewthwaite Hall, and is the tutor for Geoffrey, and had educated Blaine as well. He is extraordinarily intelligent learned man, a civil and polite gentleman although noted to be distant and cold, and distinguishably handsome. He is 42 years old.

Further needed cast:

Valet for Blaine Lewthwaite
Valet for Sebastian Ambrose
Valet for Jovan Seneca
Lady’s Maid for Lady Lewthwaite
Lady’s Maid for Celeste Lewthwaite
The Gardener
Maids/Footmen/Stablehand/Friends of the family
Lips that taste of tears, they say,
Are the best for kissing
~Dorothy Parker

Preferences

Swedish Steel

"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

King_Furby

I can tell you put alot of thought into this idea.

Airindel

Indeed, much thought has gone into this game ranging from the initial concept and plots to full character descriptions, however, for the many years I have spent roleplaying and GMing, I also know the importance of leaving room so that changes and further development can be made by the players. Game concepts/ideas/plots might be the GMs initially, but truly the story is made by the players, and I have always found it interesting to watch it unfold. …and I have always found something beautifully mesmerizing and alluring about gothic tales especially in the Ravenloft world. Everything is so helplessly bleak and tainted with corruption…
Lips that taste of tears, they say,
Are the best for kissing
~Dorothy Parker

Preferences

Rhyal

I'm interested in this but I think it might be too complex for me. I haven't rp'd in several years.... I think the character of Sebastian Ambrose sounds good but if you think i'd be better off playing the role of a lesser character I could be a stablehand. I mostly want a role that will be easy enough for me to get back into rping without hurting the game or leaving me in the dust. Just let me know what you guys think and i'll work hard at whatever you decide is best for the game.
Inexperienced and naive, would you like to change that?

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9179.0