Latest in video game masochism - Do you want to be the guy?

Started by Celestial Goblin, January 04, 2008, 04:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Goblin

If you thought 'Asshole' version of Mario was bad, try this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Xd21u3UDE

Anyone wants to make a bet with me? If you beat the game, I'll be your slave. If you surrender first, you're my slave.;)

Swedish Steel

Heh. I DON'T want to be the guy. Playing that game would drive me crazy.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Jefepato

Holy crap.

No bet.  I'd be at it for weeks before I ever beat even the first boss.

Lirliel

"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Celestial Goblin

Lirliel

Why the hell do you think I'd torture myself by playing that :P

Sure I'll take your bet, also, how long would you be my slave? Forever?
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Celestial Goblin

Slavery till a succesful escape, all restraints allowed, no bondage too crazy.

So, we're seriously serious? You beat the game, you win. You fail to beat the game, you lose.
We can agree to a reasonable time limit, right? Two weeks would suffice? A month?:)

Lirliel

No way man, two Weeks?! Uh-uh, 2 Months, I read the reviews, watched the videos, FUCK that shit, two months if I don't finish, you can have me. If I beat it your ass is mine.

Celestial Goblin

Wait a moment, you know how tough the game really is and you're considering giving it a go?

Just how good are you at this...?

Month and a half?

Lirliel

I beat, Mario, Mario 2 Mario 3 and several other platform games on PS, N64, NES, Sega.

I'd be willing to give this shit a go, yeah.

2 Months. Non negociable.

Lirliel

Celestial Goblin

You're on.
You've got until 5th of March 2008 to become the guy, otherwise, it's time to get used to playing games in manacles and thumb-cuffs. (oh, who am I kidding. I'll cuff all your fingers just in case).

So Liriel, have fun with spikes. Have fun with zombies. And very  importantly, have fun with Zakraid.

Sincerely, Celestial Goblin.

Lirliel

No the sixth [Expletive Deleted], I aint installed the game yet, since It's still dling !

When it's on my computer, playable, THEN the clock starts ticking got it?

Celestial Goblin

Got it.
Hey, even more fun... We count time from your first death in the game.

I mean, that's pretty much the same thing as beggining, right?:)

Lirliel

Celestial Goblin

Yeah, bet won, Liriel in chains.
Just look at her folks, she thought she could be The Guy, but gave up after the first boss.

(a big hand to her, she actually got past the first boss. that's more than most people can do without biting the computer)

schnookums

*hrms* I guess *I* should have taken this bet....after 18 hours of brutality, I am, in fact, fighting THE GUY. I'll post a link to my save file if in fact I beat THE GUY. (I'm definitely keeping it as an *if* for now, not *when*)

Lirliel

I did however destroy my mouse *Grins* threw it against the wall in frustration.. it broke strangely..

strangely made

I wouldn't say 'broke' exactly. 'twas more of a flesh wound.

Elvi

*looks around the work room*

OK..where've you got her hidden...you said you'd walked into the door!
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on January 04, 2008, 04:30:43 PM
If you thought 'Asshole' version of Mario was bad, try this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Xd21u3UDE

Anyone wants to make a bet with me? If you beat the game, I'll be your slave. If you surrender first, you're my slave.;)

can i be your slave and just not bother to play the game?  here, how's this? I surrender now! :D
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Celestial Goblin

Quote from: schnookums on January 08, 2008, 08:49:09 PM
*hrms* I guess *I* should have taken this bet....after 18 hours of brutality, I am, in fact, fighting THE GUY.
*jaw drops*
How... what?

Quote from: Elvi on January 09, 2008, 02:37:46 AM
*looks around the work room*
OK..where've you got her hidden...you said you'd walked into the door!

She's right here, inside the shackles, manacles, chastity belt, face harness, gag, special footwear, collar, latex catsuit and leather mittens.:)

Quote from: Lirliel on January 09, 2008, 12:38:17 AM
I did however destroy my mouse *Grins* threw it against the wall in frustration.. it broke strangely..
*teases* angry Liriel.

Quote from: Cherri Tart on January 09, 2008, 11:10:14 AM
can i be your slave and just not bother to play the game?  here, how's this? I surrender now! :D

Only on one condition.
That you will pay the full price for your defiance, even if you won't offer any. ;D

strangely made

You do realise that under EU regulations 6754/a2 any slaves intending to travel to Poland, first have to be quarantined in The United Kingdom, specifically North Norfolk for 12 months first.

Elvi

Yes..you're right Strangely, at the quarantine centre on the coast very near to where we are, or is that just under where we are?

Celestial Goblin

That's opression of me and my slave, thus violating my monopoly of opressing her.

Okay, I can cut you a deal. Three pounds and a chicken say you didn't see nothing, okay?

strangely made

Tell you what  give us five quid, a bottle of pop, packet of salt and vinegar crisps and we'll think about saying we didn't see anything.

BUT, if I download the demo and lose, all three of you become our slaves.

So what you say? Deal?

Celestial Goblin

If you download the demo and win?

And let's skip on the crisps. I'm already paying you money, you can buy a used packet of crisps at a pawnshop with no questions asked. Even with most crisps inside.

But that was a mis-spelling, wasn't it?

*gulp*

Wasn't it?

strangely made

No, if I download the demo and lose....or it's no deal and I've got Interpol on speed dial you know.

Elvi

*Dries out the dungeon and begins to talc the gimp suit*

Celestial Goblin

Liriel, defend me!

Uh, I chained her too much...

Strangely, I don't think you really have a chance at this game, you know? Maybe something easier? It would be a little unfair of a bet, you know...

(Liriel, distract him by falling on him while I make a run for it!)

strangely made

Ok, Celestial, just because I like you. I'll let you chose another game. I can lose any game you like :)

Same deal though, I lose and the three of you become our slaves, for...hmmmm...lets say.. 80640 hours, sound fair to you?

Elvi

I'll even play as well, double or quits and if I lose too, you stay for double time and no lunch breaks....

Celestial Goblin

strangely made

Of course we will CG. Nothing but our best effort.

How do we prove we've lost the game and won the bet though?

Celestial Goblin

(the game was advertised as 'easy', damnit. I googled for 'easy'. I tried playing and my sheep got stuck.)

Well, you need a proof of losing that game, don't you?
*grins from cheek to cheek*

Elvi

Errrrr......we may have to give you the time sometime tomorrow....he's got one stuck BEHIND the pen!....*laughs lots*

OHOHOHOH!.....2mins 28secs....but he has to do the level again....

*falls off chair laughing*

Elvi

Celestial Goblin

Not fair Strangely!
And the sheep didn't explode...!
*thinks that if Elvi is wearing a very long skirt and high heels, he might have a chance to escape... or probably not anyway...*

strangely made

I really tried to do this.*sniff*

Tell you what, to make it fair, I'll try it all night and post up my best time.

How many levels do I have to beat?

Celestial Goblin

Elvi

*snorts*
me thinks there is someone who doesn't want to 'win'....

Celestial Goblin

Vekseid

Ahem, Lirliel, I know your insult was in just, but since this is a public board I'd like to keep expletives to a minimum.  Thank you >_>

Celestial Goblin

Elvi

A post Lirliel made some time ago on the thread celestial...

Though I have to say, that when  saw vek had posted, I thought he was asking for a space in mine and Strangely's Dungeon...
It would have been a little crowded with four, but we could have fit him in.....*grins*

strangely made

Celestial Goblin

strangely made

Ok, lets say, at 12 midnight our time (12 minutes from now) my time starts.

I have to complete four levels, if I fail then you, Lirliel and Cherrie became our slaves for 56 days.

Sorry for confusing you Celestial :(

schnookums

Well, this sucks, now I'm going to have to figure out how to record a video on my computer. Why?

because I AM THE GUY.

Yup, just beat it around 5 minutes ago...after about 20 hours of playing and I'd say around 350 deaths (the record is a bit bugged since your deaths are only counted if you save after dying...if you die a bunch of times but never save then they aren't counted.

Elvi

Bugger!
You mean I have to find space for you as well Snooks?

*wonders how much a loft conversion would cost*

schnookums

I did BECOME THE GUY on medium level though...which is still an achievement of extraordinary proportions.

To prove my GUYNESS though....I'm replying the game. On Hard.

Elvi

Celestial Goblin

Keep going Strangely, show those sheep who's the shepherd!

schnookums

Hope that gimp suits fits you Elvi, I've already beaten five bosses on hard....going through the game once makes the second time much quicker, even if it is on hard mode.

strangely made

Trying Celestial, just had them all run over by a big red tractor :(

Elvi

No....you've got it all wrong snooky...if we LOSE you all become our slaves...

Celestial Goblin

What? I thought it was only Strangely, not both of you!

Elvi

Oh Ok...you can all be strangely's slaves and I'll tell strangely what I want him to get you to do, that OK?

Celestial Goblin

"I won't torment you personally, I'll just give ideas..."

Yes Elvi, it's your mind I'm afraid of!

strangely made

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on January 10, 2008, 03:33:12 PM
"I won't torment you personally, I'll just give ideas..."

Yes Elvi, it's your mind I'm afraid of!

Hey, give me some credit as well, I'm no shrinking violet.....I seem to recall a certain person and a certain gas mask with lenses mirrored on the inside. :P

Elvi

And don't forget my little green angel, on his own Strangely is dangerous, on my own I am dangerous, together we are lethal....Mwuahahahahaaaaaa....

Celestial Goblin

Quote from: strangely made on January 10, 2008, 03:36:23 PM

Hey, give me some credit as well, I'm no shrinking violet.....I seem to recall a certain person and a certain gas mask with lenses mirrored on the inside. :P

You remember...!
*melts*

strangely made

Quote from: Celestial Goblin on January 10, 2008, 03:49:07 PM
You remember...!
*melts*

Oh yes I remember Celestial :)
One of my best ideas that one.....hmmmmm wonder if I should market it....might have to go onto 'Dragons Den'  and get them to invest in the design.

Elvi

strangely made

I tried Celestial, but sorry to say I just couldn't get past level 3.

So, don't bother packing much, we'll supply every thing you'll need (which won't be much)

Level 1 .check.

Level 2 .check.

Level 3 .failed.

Elvi

Do you realise that the three of you are going to have to pay for the pain in my sides?
That lot had me laughing lots.
Unfortunately, he didn't get a screen capture, of the part, where he managed to overturn one of the sheep and it was laying on it's back waving it's legs in the air...

Celestial Goblin

*gasp*

You should have tried harder!

Quote from: strangely made on January 10, 2008, 06:46:08 PM
So, don't bother packing much, we'll supply every thing you'll need (which won't be much)

A lockpick in my boot left boot, two lockpicks in my right boot, three lockpicks and a blade inside belt, toothbrush.

Quote from: Elvi on January 10, 2008, 06:51:05 PM
Do you realise that the three of you are going to have to pay for the pain in my sides?
That lot had me laughing lots.

Would it help if I'd cinch your corset a notch or two?

strangely made

*Makes note to check for lock picks and do full body cavity search*

Hey Celestial tried my best, did say I could lose any game you picked  so ner :P
And how you going to have time to cinch  Elvis corset up a notch ot two, ot even mine for that matter ?

Elvi

Quote from: strangely made on January 11, 2008, 04:24:00 PM
*Makes note to check for lock picks and do full body cavity search*

Look.Strangely, I know you're 'off the wall' and you are known to the local Police officers, but since when have you been hiding lock picks in your 'cavities'?

And how you going to have time to cinch  Elvis corset up a notch ot two, ot even mine for that matter ?

Celestial ALWAYS finds time to cinch my corset...ALWAYS....*grins*

Celestial Goblin

schnookums

*ahem* Not that anyone seems to care anymore, but...I beat "I want to be the Guy" on hard. I've grown sick enough of it though that Very Hard is not in the works any time soon.

*sob* such fleeting fame

Celestial Goblin

strangely made

Yeah, we need to see a video so we can bask in your glory.....for about five minutes.

schnookums

hrm, that's a tough one, as I don't really have any software to take a video of the proceedings. I can post my save file so you all would know at least that I'm good enough to make it to the final boss on medium and hard.

Elvi

Well...that means Strangely has lost, so you have to join the rest in the slave pit...*cackles*

Vekseid

schnookums

Ironically Mecha Birdo was one boss that was far easier in hard then in medium...in hard mode it launches more missiles to jump on, making for an easier ride so to speak.