The Salonbox -For Exploration by Discussion

Started by The Great Triangle, May 30, 2008, 12:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

Quote from: Custos Morum on June 15, 2008, 04:46:05 PM
Actually, I stumbled upon an image, extremely well faked or real, where a girl had her own chopped of arm insider of her vagina once. I've never really understood people with that pervertion since.

Keep all the great ideas for the lair coming!!

*evil smirk*

The Great Triangle

Myself, I have a slight problem with "reluctant" noncon, where the victim consents halfway through the act.  I just happen to find this a tiny bit squicky, because it doesn't really make sense.  Forced seduction I'm okay with, but it always squicks me out a little bit when a character starts enjoying being raped.  (forced orgasms don't count for this though.)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Greenthorn

Quote from: Great Triangle on June 15, 2008, 05:02:17 PM
Myself, I have a slight problem with "reluctant" noncon, where the victim consents halfway through the act.  I just happen to find this a tiny bit squicky, because it doesn't really make sense.  Forced seduction I'm okay with, but it always squicks me out a little bit when a character starts enjoying being raped.  (forced orgasms don't count for this though.)

*nods* I think rape should stay rape..I hate when my partners expect me to "join in and like it" when it's supposed to be a rape scene!!

Custos Morum

*sigh* Don't read my on's n' Off's then  :-X

Actually I think that is very sensual, I mean, when a rapevictim starts to like it. Is it even possible to have an orgasm that isn't enjoyable?

Paradox

Yes. Orgasms are often purely physiological reactions. Enough stimulation of the appropriate nerve-endings on the right part of the body, and an orgasm can be..forced..onto someone.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Paradox on June 15, 2008, 05:40:11 PM
Yes. Orgasms are often purely physiological reactions. Enough stimulation of the appropriate nerve-endings on the right part of the body, and an orgasm can be..forced..onto someone.

I'm pretty okay with this as long as the victim doesn't suddenly get an afterglow and decide that it's twoo wuv.  That's the second most annoying trope you see in romance novels.  (the most annoying being when a girl gets in touch with her feelings right in the middle of being raped but before she gets off.)

Ons and Offs

Paradox

I can't say I've ever read such novels, but it sounds like a cheap trick to pull on the reader to make it okay with the censors/the author's conscience.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

The Great Triangle

Ons and Offs

Custos Morum

Quote from: Paradox on June 15, 2008, 05:40:11 PM

Wikipedia Sez

"Orgasm is characterized by intense physical pleasure, controlled by the involuntary, or autonomic, nervous system.[1] It is accompanied by quick cycles of muscle contraction in the lower pelvic muscles, which surround the primary sexual organs and the anus. Orgasms are often associated with other involuntary actions, including muscular spasms in other areas of the body, a general euphoric sensation, and frequently, vocalizations."

My thesis is, that orgasms being based on nerve stimuli, must lead to pleasure weather the victim wants it or not. I'm just saying that it's physically impossible to not feel pleasure when having an orgasm. Getting there might be hard if you are involuntary though.

Sherona

I would also like to point out a syndrom called Stockholmes. Victims come to identify with their attackers..generally in an prolonged exposure. take my story Cheap Drunk! My character, Olivia, starts off as a shy librarian-esque character. A man she was secretly crushing on finds out, and takes her 'out' on a bet in their workplace. He gets her drunk, and ends up date raping her, and taking pictures.

He blackmails her into consenting for a month to be 'available' to him. During htis month they go on dates, and spend time not just having sex..and she gets to know him. Now she has a delimna, really the person behind the rapist wasnt really a bad guy, and he does seem to care for Olivia, and it just confuses the hell out of her so after the month he, feeling guilty as sin, allows her to go through his computers and delete the images, and she runs off to chicago to live near her twin sister.

Enter Darling, Darling is Olivia's twin sister with very few physical differences. However she is flamboyant, extroverted, and extremely dominant. She tricks BRad into getting all tangled up in her own web of deciet to pay him back, even though she knows Olivia is having issues ...perhaps because Olivia has fallen in love with her rapist more then the fact that she was raped in the first place.

The point of this long post was i think that here are certain instances where victims will come to have feelings for their attackers...but certainly not in the middle of the first rape....that kind of irks me as well...if your character is going to enjoy being raped then atleast build up to WHY they are...which is really a hell of a hard thing to do as there are very very few reasons why someone will enjoy.

Now I am not talking about physical enjoyment, I am talking about the lovey dovey stuff..I imagine forcd orgasms when one is truly being raped would be an entirely different hell to go through.

Paradox

I can assue you that they are possible and they are hell to go through.

I apologize for leaving in the middle of it, but this discussion has reached a point that's become too personal for me, given past experiences. I'll come back when it's over.

Sherona

Quote from: Paradox on June 15, 2008, 06:27:04 PM
I can assue you that they are possible and they are hell to go through.

I apologize for leaving in the middle of it, but this discussion has reached a point that's become too personal for me, given past experiences. I'll come back when it's over.

I know they are possible.

Ok topic change.

We have discussed trust being a core thing in a real life BDSM relationship (though yes I know S/m does not go hand in hand). The thing I am curious in is, how do people go about discussing these turn ons with their SO for the first time. I know due to real life issues I have and that hubby was well aware of it took him some time to even come to me with the possibility of dabbling. It was quite unexpected as we were just cuddling after wards one night and he mentioned a pair of handcuffs he had...and the rest as they say, is history.

Cherri Tart

wow... really good question Sher.  My current SO started as a friend and sometimes lover, whom i shared some of my tastes with but not the really extreme.  The first time was very scary.  A lot of crying was involved, to be honest - it was so emotional, fearing that she'd think me a freak.  It started out as a weekend where i shared a side of me i don't share with many, spurred mostly by my involvment on E, funnily enough, letting her dominate me entirely, spurring her on to a place that we'd never gone before.   

I have a journal, well, several of them, really, that relates only to sex.  fantasies, solo experiments, stories.  We sat down later that night and i let her read thru them while i was there to explain and answer questions and just talk about everything.  It was terrifying, to be honest, and yet, we'd already laid a foundation of trust down to where i could do it.  Fortunately, at the time, we'd already played in some light bondage with her the dominant partner and spankings and such, so it wasn't completely out of the blue...  We still keep the communications open about it, too.  We talk a lot about things we do, want to do, don't feel comfortable doing, what makes us wet and what doesn't.  If you're not talking about it, you're doing something wrong and it's not going to work, in my opinion. 

Something else that has come up from time to time in our relationship, by the way, is that while it was easy to talk about it and for her to accept some of my... well, needs, desires, kinks, what have yous, the reality is often a little harder to deal with and it's has lead to slowing down, stopping, reversing, etc, more then once when something comes out that she is not quite prepared to deal with. 

i hope this is coherant enough as an answer?  *smiles*  i really don't want to go into ALL the details...
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Greenthorn

General Question:

Anyone have a blog or belong to other forums?

(oh yes, there is a reason I am asking!)

Paradox

I guess not, greeny.

Alternate Question, unless it's already been asked:

Do you read the posts of games you aren't involved in?

If so, which games and why?

(You don't have to answer the 'which games' part, if it'd embarrass you)

Sherona

Quote from: Greenthorn on June 17, 2008, 06:28:11 AM
General Question:

Anyone have a blog or belong to other forums?

(oh yes, there is a reason I am asking!)

I blog on Elliquiy *points to Home link and hit Blog* :)Otherwise no.

Custos Morum

Quote from: Paradox on June 20, 2008, 08:27:11 AM
I guess not, greeny.

Ooh, yes, and I often follow themes straight from the players wanted. There is very skilled writers on this site, and I love to read what they do. *Shudders*

The Great Triangle

Parallel Question:

For those of you who like lactation, did you breast feed as a child?

I find lactation quite creepy.  I breast fed as an infant.  I even have memories of doing so.  Somehow, reading about lactation just creeps me out and turns me off, even if it's not in a sexual context. 

Ons and Offs

Greenthorn

Quote from: Paradox on June 20, 2008, 08:27:11 AM
I guess not, greeny.

I think it has been asked, but I'll answer again haha.

I do not read anyone else's game.  It's a quirk I have...only stick with my own.  If I am trying to choose a writing partner I look at post length, but that's about it!  I do know at least 4 of my own stories are read faithfully by some as they have commented on them.  And it's no surprise that The Lair does have a small group who keep up with it.

Sherona

Quote from: Green Triangle on June 20, 2008, 10:42:58 AM
Parallel Question:

For those of you who like lactation, did you breast feed as a child?

I find lactation quite creepy.  I breast fed as an infant.  I even have memories of doing so.  Somehow, reading about lactation just creeps me out and turns me off, even if it's not in a sexual context. 

I breastfed all 3 of my children. It created quite a bond that I can not explain. Though I did forbid husband from doing the same while i was lactating because In Real Life that just kind of squicked me..It doesnt squick me to think of /other/ couples doing it, and I have no problems writing stories about sexualization of Lactation but for it to be done on me ...yeah it squicked me simply I think because of the bond I created with my children while i was breastfeeding.

But DAMN I wish that the breasts were not so effected by multiple breastfeeding *grins*

Paradox

Greenthorn-

Way to debunk that whole "size doesn't matter" myth.

Green Triangle/Sherona-

I wasn't breast fed as a child; consequently, I wouldn't have any problems with Lactation being sexualized in a story, but I don't find it arousing at all.

Sherona

Quote from: Paradox on June 20, 2008, 12:12:49 PM
Greenthorn-

Way to debunk that whole "size doesn't matter" myth.

Green Triangle/Sherona-

I wasn't breast fed as a child; consequently, I wouldn't have any problems with Lactation being sexualized in a story, but I don't find it arousing at all.

I doubt being breastfed as a child has anything to do with arousal of lactation. However I just equate it to the bond I forged with my children so I have a hard time getting past that..it was not a good 2 years (split up between the children) for husband ;)

Kathadon

Honestly? I find the concept of lactating is only sexy on your pregnant woman. When my SO was pregnant with our kids, I found her sexy as hell when we took showers and she leaked. The thought of just some random woman milking herself or just squirting for no good reason is weird to me. Not a turn on but not a major turn off either. It does jar me abit though, taking me out of the moment.

Maybe it is just the cave man in me? *shrugs*If I made the lady pregnant then yeah. If not then why bother adding that?

And Sherona I feel your husband's pain. I wasn't allowed to do more than touch, gently, until she was done breastfeeding all together.
My ON'S and OFF'S:

I'll do whatever pleases but I'll bleed 'em in the end.

My BDSM test results.

Sherona

Quote from: Kathadon on June 21, 2008, 09:17:14 AM
Honestly? I find the concept of lactating is only sexy on your pregnant woman. When my SO was pregnant with our kids, I found her sexy as hell when we took showers and she leaked. The thought of just some random woman milking herself or just squirting for no good reason is weird to me. Not a turn on but not a major turn off either. It does jar me abit though, taking me out of the moment.

Maybe it is just the cave man in me? *shrugs*If I made the lady pregnant then yeah. If not then why bother adding that?

And Sherona I feel your husband's pain. I wasn't allowed to do more than touch, gently, until she was done breastfeeding all together.

Ah so I am not the only one who was a bit weird about it? Hubby is pretty much the same as you btw, in that he loves pregnant woman, but only if was the impregnator..lol

Elohim

I was in fact breast fed as a child,  though I would doubt that it would have much of an affect on my oppinion but who knows.  I like the idea of building the connection with a lover through something so maternal and nurturing,  I think it is powerfully erotic,  but its not what I would called "hot."  Something rather soft and beautiful...  I donno that's just me.