News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Vampire: The Masquerade *game in creation*

Started by Aragem, January 10, 2009, 08:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

Is there a World of Darkness game on E or somewhere on the net? 

I have been fascinated with the World of Darkness the Masquerade ever since playing The Masquerade Bloodlines PC game. 

I am very familiar with the game, but not exactly the mechanics of it as I am very unfamiliar with desktop games *D&D for example*.

HairyHeretic

You're looking for Vampire specifically then? World of Darkness comprises the shared universe of Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Changeling and Hunter I believe.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Aragem

Oh crud!  I forgot it held so much.

Vampire specifically.  I'm very much more familiar with them.

HairyHeretic

And just to mess you about further, you have Old WoD with Vampire the Masquerade and New WoD with Vampire the Requiem  ;)

Never played either outside of con games and scenario testing, but I believe there are changes in the rules, so someone more familiar should speak up if its an actual system game you want.

I had an idea for a Dresden Files ish game using the nWoD, but my group never really went for it.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Aragem

Whoa. . . . I guess there is more to this world than I thought, but I am willing to take it up if given the chance.

I'll do some online research to see if there are differences between Masquerade and Requiem.

EDIT:

I took a quick glance and I'll definately have to say Masquerade.  Much more familiar with it.

RubySlippers

I would play in either I love the older game and the new one, if I can play a vampire.

HairyHeretic

Well, best of luck in finding someone to run it for you. I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with it to have a go. Plus I've probably too many games already  :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Aragem

Thanks, if you hear of anything or anyone running one, just let us know.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Vandren

Quote from: HairyHeretic on January 10, 2009, 09:35:51 AMNever played either outside of con games and scenario testing, but I believe there are changes in the rules, so someone more familiar should speak up if its an actual system game you want.

Yep, major differences, largely in things like clans, bloodlines, etc.

Anyhoo . . . I could be roped into playing in an oWoD (M:tA, V:tM, W:tA, Mummy, maybe KotE).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Aragem

For me it would have to be Vampire:  The Masquerade as I am much more familiar with it.  I've done research on the various clanes and the factions. 

I already have a few characters in mind.

Elven Sex Goddess

I might be interested in developing and helping running a old world of darkness setting in the Vampire the Masquerade.   

Through a few questions.   Are you looking to play in the intrigue of the Camarilla,  or thinking perhaps more hack and slash in the realm of Sabbat.   

I have a hankering for a full blown cam game.   Recruiting, everything, from prince to seneschal to the clan primogens and such.  Set it in a city such as Chicago.   Get players to play sabbat and of course indepentants and anarchs in addition.    Setting up the power structure.   Working up the territories held.   What will be battled over.   The nuances of the game of gamemanship in elysium.   Have the conflict that is always present with sabbat and cam vamps.   With such scenarios as an old tcmize asking for asylum from the prince.  Of course the tczime and sabbat will be livid and will do anything to get at.  Yet also bring in the play of influence,  the elders hoard it, the young covet it.   The possibilities limitless, in the drama and intrigue this will create. 

Through leave it strictly a vampire game.  So none of the other game systems in the world of darkness.  No pc as hunters, demons, mages, garou or KoE.  Plus on such a scope it would need more then one person running it.   

Aragem

I was thinking more along the line of the Camarilla. 

And yes your thoughts are very much intriguing.  I just hope we can gather enough people willing and experienced enough to RP.

Me, I'm willing to study up on what I need to know, but I'll have to be taught of the mechanics of the game.  Like dice rolling, etc. 

I already have several characters in mind:  A Venture, Toreador, even a Nosfratru. 

And may I toss my hat in inbecoming the Prince of Chicago? 

RubySlippers

I'm game for playing in the Camarilla, I have played in the oWoD a great deal in the past.

Vandren

Sounds good.  I'd be up for a Brujah, Gangrel, Nossie, or Tremere.  A revamped version of my old Brujah or Tremere primogen could be fun again.  Possibly a Gangrel neonate/ancilla.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Vandren on January 11, 2009, 08:26:18 PM
Sounds good.  I'd be up for a Brujah, Gangrel, Nossie, or Tremere.  A revamped version of my old Brujah or Tremere primogen could be fun again.  Possibly a Gangrel neonate/ancilla.

That reminds, with mention of the Gangrel.   At what time frame,  before the Gangrel withdraw from the Cam or afterward.   

Aragem

It doesn't matter to me.  I don't have any characters in mind that are Gangrel. 

Vandren

Personally, I prefer the pre-massive world cluster#$%@.  For a couple reasons: 1) Gangrel in Cam, 2) Ravnos still around (second favorite clan; wiped out because the line editor "never really liked them"), 3) Assamites still have blood curse, 4) Cammie Malkies still have Dominate not Dementation, 5) Sabbat Tremere didn't suddenly go poof.

But, I'm adaptable.  :)

Aragem

I'm very flexible too.  I'll leave it up to the more experienced players to decide the details of the world since they know more than me.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Vandren on January 11, 2009, 08:46:30 PM
Personally, I prefer the pre-massive world cluster#$%@.  For a couple reasons: 1) Gangrel in Cam, 2) Ravnos still around (second favorite clan; wiped out because the line editor "never really liked them"), 3) Assamites still have blood curse, 4) Cammie Malkies still have Dominate not Dementation, 5) Sabbat Tremere didn't suddenly go poof.

But, I'm adaptable.  :)

I would whole heartily agree, since Ravnos is my favorite.  I think the first thing is to get the ranks filled out for a cam game.  With first the cam clans.

Alright we need the hierarchy for for the camarilla  within the city.  This should be taken on by players well versed in the world.  If your new to the world.   Not a good point to start.    Starting levels of Kindred in these positions should be  Elders of 7th to 8th generation, and 9th, 10th generations of the ancillae

Prince:

Seneschal:

Primogen

Toreador:
Ventrue:
Brujah :
Nosferatu:
Malkavian:
Tremere:
Gangrel:

Sheriff:

Scourge :

Keeper of Elysium:

Harpie:

For those trying the game for the first time. Or have limited knowledge and play.   Pick a clan and make a character.   So you can be presented before the prince by your primogen.   

Aragem

I'll get started right away.   ;D

I'm definately going to put together a Toreador and a Ventrue. 

Also going to look for character sheets that I can use as an example, but don't worry.  My characters will come directly from my head.

Elven Sex Goddess

Alright, here is for those interested.  A handy character sheet to work up characters.

http://www.cs.utk.edu/~chadwell/vamp.html

Vandren

Ok, that's more massive and complete than the ones I've got floating on my harddrive.  :)

I'll work on dusting off and revamping a Brujah primogen tonight/tomorrow (working 12:00-8:00 PM, though).  Once things get going and I get a better feel for my time, I'll probably put together a Nossie or Tremere ancilla/neonate.

Elohim

Hmmm you have my interest...  would you mind me putting together a Lasombra Antitribu?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Seraph on January 11, 2009, 09:31:02 PM
Hmmm you have my interest...  would you mind me putting together a Lasombra Antitribu?

Sure.   

I also will say I am on my knees and I beg ZK to join in and help.  One of the best storytellers I worked with and played with back in the day. When we were newbies, with the world of darkness.  You be a big help.

Elohim

Also are you looking for starting points characters?  Or are you looking to hand out some bonus points to characters in positions of power?

Elven Sex Goddess

For points total, give me a day or two to work on that.  I have to pull the books out.   But yes,  those in positions of status and power will get a bonus at start.   

Aragem

They'd have to.  I mean you can be Prince and Sheriff of the city without having the power the back your claim. 

Elven Sex Goddess

Alright,  I am going off memory here.   But here is something to start with.   

Elder creation;       Approval needed. 

Elder Character Creation:
Attributes; 10-7-5
Abilities 20-12-8
10 disciplines
7 virtues
15 backgrounds
20 freebies
Starting Generation: 11th  And generation must be purchased if want lowered it is not free.

Standard;

Attributes; 7-5-3
Abilities 13-9-5
3 disciplines  / 4 for starting Ancillas
7 virtues
5 backgrounds
15 freebies / 50 freebies for Ancillas
starting generation; 13th

Ghouls;

attribues; 6-4-3
abilities 11-7-4
discipline 1 potence 1 clan
virtues 7
backgrounds 5
freebies 20

Elohim

May I suggest elders start at 11 gen and be modded accordingly with background points?

Aragem

Should I change the name of the thread? 

We're no longer looking for a WoD game, but actually creating one.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Seraph on January 11, 2009, 10:14:18 PM
May I suggest elders start at 11 gen and be modded accordingly with background points?

Yes, good idea.

Quote from: Aragem on January 11, 2009, 10:16:47 PM
Should I change the name of the thread? 

We're no longer looking for a WoD game, but actually creating one.

Sure, be a good thing. :)

Also the elders,  who ever wants to play one.  Your going to be tasked to be a storyteller.  So basically the characters will be really npc.   Through can have other characters as pc.  Just not in the same sphere of influence of the elder.    Thus as the game goes along, and characters grow, players can rise up and claim various positions of power.   

Vandren

Quote from: Asherah on January 11, 2009, 10:11:02 PMAlright,  I am going off memory here.   But here is something to start with.   

Those sounds correct from the V:tM and War of Ages books.  Ghouls depend.  From V:tM, that would be it, from Ghouls: Fatal Addiction, they get Potence and one other discipline dot ("clan" one).  Obviously, that doesn't have to be the case.  :)

Aragem

I think I'll start with a few generic vampires since this will be my first game.  Don't worry, you won't have to hold my hand too much.  I'm doing research right now, but it's a little overwhelming, the mechanics of it that is.  But don't worry, I'll hack my way through it all.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Vandren on January 11, 2009, 10:29:47 PM
Those sounds correct from the V:tM and War of Ages books.  Ghouls depend.  From V:tM, that would be it, from Ghouls: Fatal Addiction, they get Potence and one other discipline dot ("clan" one).  Obviously, that doesn't have to be the case.  :)

Thanks,  I was thinking two and I was stuck on thinking potence but what else was not sure in memory.   Through think be better if go with the fatal addiction.

RubySlippers

You missed a few clans first any Independents that decided to join the Camarilla, since they are officially the real faction that oversee all Kindred (save the Sabbat naturally) so technically a Setite or other caln could be in the camp. ANd the White Trash of the vampire world the clanless Caitiff.

Are you allowing Merits and Flaws? I never go overboard but they do add nice flavor taking a few points in each.

Vandren

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 12, 2009, 12:16:11 AMYou missed a few clans first any Independents that decided to join the Camarilla, since they are officially the real faction that oversee all Kindred (save the Sabbat naturally) so technically a Setite or other clan could be in the camp. And the White Trash of the vampire world the clanless Caitiff.

None of whom typically have any representation in Primogen councils, which is what the list of clans below was for.  Unless, of course, the city Prince is feeling notably liberal and magnanimous.  :)

Imogen

I have been part of various VtM Chronicles for the past ten years, with a strong preference for the Camarilla Clans. Toreador and Tremere are among my favorites, although I can manage each of the other clans. I've played prince, seneschal, primogen, sheriff, scourge, harpies, elders, neonates, ghouls and childer. If the Gm's like, I'd happily toss my hat in for a council member.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mia

I would love to play a ghoul... if any vampire wants me that is.
I would like to meet the woman that invented sex to see what she is working on now.

ON and OFF: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8615.0

RubySlippers

Quote from: Vandren on January 12, 2009, 07:20:50 AM
None of whom typically have any representation in Primogen councils, which is what the list of clans below was for.  Unless, of course, the city Prince is feeling notably liberal and magnanimous.  :)

Caitiff are fun and face it everyone in the clans ignore them, until they find out that little upstart actually has a power base built up and agents of her own.
:D

As for the other ones I understand nor reps on the council but remember Camrilla Law is all Kindred are under their authority ,unless Sabbat, if they like it or not. So a Setite could be in the sect just won't have any power just like a Caitiff. Actually the Setite might be treated better they at least have a proper ,if degenerate, clan.
;)

Elven Sex Goddess

It was answered before,  the clans listed are what is of the core camarilla clans prior 1999.   Since I listed the Gangrel amongst still.  Since a cam game,  the purpose is to build the camarilla and get it established and going.  Then the game can start branching out, establishing the sabbat,  indepentents and anarchs. 

A good catiff is fodder that obeys.   Just teasing,  they can be fun to play.   :)

Quote from: Mia on January 12, 2009, 08:44:44 AM
I would love to play a ghoul... if any vampire wants me that is.

Sure that be no problem.     :)

Quote from: Imogen on January 12, 2009, 07:50:07 AM
I have been part of various VtM Chronicles for the past ten years, with a strong preference for the Camarilla Clans. Toreador and Tremere are among my favorites, although I can manage each of the other clans. I've played prince, seneschal, primogen, sheriff, scourge, harpies, elders, neonates, ghouls and childer. If the Gm's like, I'd happily toss my hat in for a council member.

Great hun,  pm me what you would like to take on.  :)

Vandren

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 12, 2009, 09:44:29 AMAs for the other ones I understand nor reps on the council but remember Camrilla Law is all Kindred are under their authority ,unless Sabbat, if they like it or not. So a Setite could be in the sect just won't have any power just like a Caitiff. Actually the Setite might be treated better they at least have a proper ,if degenerate, clan.
;)

I'd respond, but since you've missed the point a few times already (that no one's disagreeing that your scenario is possible, if unlikely, but that your scenario was not the point of the initial list), it'd be a waste of my breath.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Anyhoo . . .

Due to time and whatnot, I think I'll start out with a Gangrel ancilla/neonate.  I'll use the slash there because the locals probably won't be certain which he is.  :)

Aragem

I'm working out the details of my characters, but so far I have inside my head . . ..

A female Toreador
Female Ventrue
A female Malkavian (a vampire kid with ADHD)
Male Nosferatu
Toreador and Gangrel brothers

Working on the character sheets.  Bit confusing, I never filled out a Character sheet like this before, but I am up to the challenge.

RubySlippers

Caitiff then for me, how old likely either an Ancilla or Neonate, they are not technically a Clan per se but are in the Camarilla so should be kosher. I don't really want to play an Elder proper in any case. To much responsibility and too many people in the power games trying to bite your neck open to get your assets.

Will be a new arrival but at least have the benefit of a Letter of Introduction from someone important enough in the sect to let her into the city without to much hassle, hence an Ancilla is more likely. If a Neonate will be your typical embrace that failed to properly imprint the clan trait and well has a pissed off Sire figuring what they did wrong.
;)

Muse

*Offer's his wrist to Mia to drink from*  Don't fear the reaper. 

I have multiple ideas, but would like to speak to Asku about them, since she pointed me here, and Mia as well if she'd like to be my ghoul. 

Do we have any thoughts yet on pacing?  Setting?  External sources of conflict?  if the pace will be one I can handle, I'd like to do one of the elders, though Vampire never was my favorite old world of darkness game. 

A thought, this being Elliquiy, are we going to slightly blur the vampiric physical atrophy of passion?  Or are we all satisfied with feeding as the true sexuality of the kindred? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elohim

I know admittedly I am turned on by bloodletting... so I vote that blood drinking is the epitome of kindred arousal. *giggles madly*

Mia

Quote from: Muse on January 14, 2009, 01:24:01 AM
*Offer's his wrist to Mia to drink from*  Don't fear the reaper. 

I have multiple ideas, but would like to speak to Asku about them, since she pointed me here, and Mia as well if she'd like to be my ghoul. 

Seems to me I have found myself a master :)
I would like to meet the woman that invented sex to see what she is working on now.

Beowulff

hey everyone I have about 7 years exp with vtm and love it. My favorite clan is of course the Malkavian. Who doesn't like them P:) ?
anyways I would be up to play a elder that spends his time in the network taking as many insanitys as he can. As for my initial I think I will go with halucinations paranoia and schizophrenia and mabye narcissism. Trust me I can play any insanity you want or most at the same time. :) just ask muse. I have enough exp to be a elder or mabye even the primogen. I will just wait for your approval and I will make the char. If you have any questions just PM me and we can talk.
Also how many points in flaws can we take I love having flaws they give me so much to play on. :) 
Break the chains and constraints "normal" society has placed on our souls. Show them what a gamer really is. Let them know how far from satin you are.
To gamer Freedom :)

RubySlippers

And Merits I always like taking a few points of Flaws to get a few points in brownie points in her favor, I don't like going overboard myself just to get a few extra xp's during character creation. Might I suggest 7 pts, in each with at least 1/2 the total Flaw points (rounded down) must go into Merits. And I would add limiting Supernatural Merits at least the abused ones like Unbondable, even for ghouls. That takes away one of the horrors of the game that of being a slave to another vampire in the Food Chain. Just ideas thats all.

I for one as a Caitiff will be looking for around 4 pts. in each since I'm leaning to a Neonate, less complicated and even more ignorable on the vampire food chain at the start.

Mia

(assuming I will be Muse's ghoul)

Who my character will be much depends on who Muse's character is so I wait for him to make up his mind first.

Vandren

Weighing in on Merits/Flaws:

Seven's pretty standard on Flaws (Vamp Player's Guide, 2nd ed.), if our primary ST has no problem with them and wants to go that route.

I see no point in limiting where points from flaws can be spent.  Nor do I see a point to a blanket ban/limit on Merits.  A situational, or on the basis of appearance, sure.  The same would be true of Backgrounds (for instance, probably only a handful of characters should have Resources 5+, but there's no reason for a blanket statement regarding it).  Using the Unbondable example since it's already been brought up, take into account that for Ghouls, Unbondable costs 6 points, it's a pretty major investment second only to a third dot of Disciplines (as a single item cost).  Moreover, I doubt many people who really really want to play Ghouls are likely to take it.  Sticking with Unbondable as an example, I've only seen one character with it in 13 years of playing V:tM, even without Ghouls being present (the Vamp version only costing half as much).

All that said, final word's with our primary ST and I'm happy to abide by her decision.  :)

Muse

And i was waiting for a few answers. 

While we're at it, Second Edition, or second edition, revised...? 

And I wonder if I'm crazy enough to sign up for prince...  Nah, I'd have more fun with Sheriff if i were going to do something that insane. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Aragem

Will there be a thread created for character sheets?  Or is it too soon to worry about posting character sheets at this point? 

EDIT:  Quick question, my Ventrue is about 100 years old.  Would that be considered an elder?  I think I recall reading that a Vampire would have to 300 to be considered an Elder.

Also, if being 100 would make her an elder, may I have permission? 

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Vandren on January 14, 2009, 07:19:14 AM
Weighing in on Merits/Flaws:

Seven's pretty standard on Flaws (Vamp Player's Guide, 2nd ed.), if our primary ST has no problem with them and wants to go that route.

I see no point in limiting where points from flaws can be spent.  Nor do I see a point to a blanket ban/limit on Merits.  A situational, or on the basis of appearance, sure.  The same would be true of Backgrounds (for instance, probably only a handful of characters should have Resources 5+, but there's no reason for a blanket statement regarding it).  Using the Unbondable example since it's already been brought up, take into account that for Ghouls, Unbondable costs 6 points, it's a pretty major investment second only to a third dot of Disciplines (as a single item cost).  Moreover, I doubt many people who really really want to play Ghouls are likely to take it.  Sticking with Unbondable as an example, I've only seen one character with it in 13 years of playing V:tM, even without Ghouls being present (the Vamp version only costing half as much).

All that said, final word's with our primary ST and I'm happy to abide by her decision.  :)

Agreed,  no blanket limits will be imposed.  Through common sense,  a kindred is not going to continue to give a unbondable ghoul vitae.  No he or she would want some one that they control, are secure and can trust.   Also a total number limit over all for influence is available in the city.

Quote from: Muse on January 14, 2009, 07:31:45 AM
And i was waiting for a few answers. 

While we're at it, Second Edition, or second edition, revised...? 

And I wonder if I'm crazy enough to sign up for prince...  Nah, I'd have more fun with Sheriff if i were going to do something that insane. 

Second Edition,  and the prince is open.  But what ever you want,  send me a pm. 

Quote from: Aragem on January 14, 2009, 08:55:22 AM
Will there be a thread created for character sheets?  Or is it too soon to worry about posting character sheets at this point? 

EDIT:  Quick question, my Ventrue is about 100 years old.  Would that be considered an elder?  I think I recall reading that a Vampire would have to 300 to be considered an Elder.

Also, if being 100 would make her an elder, may I have permission? 

Alright here is a guide line.  Not set in stone, but for those that would wish to base the character age. 

Under 100 years - Neonate
'Neonate' arises from 'newly born' - or simply 'new'. 100 years is roughly the span of the 'modern' or 'new' world.

Under 400 years - Ancilla
'Ancilla' arises from 'ancillary', meaning auxiliary or supplementary. The Sabbat/Camarilla split occurred just over 400 years ago - so all childer born after were supplementary to that monumentous occasion.

Under 1,850 years - Elder
The Christian Gospels were written between AD 70 and AD 100 - another event that drastically changed the face of the world. Elders are then vampires embraced in the 'Christian Age'.

Under 7,500 years - Methuselah
The best evidence places the Great Flood between 7,000 and 7,500 years ago, therefore any vampires between 1,900 and 7,500 should qualify as Methuselahs.

Over 7,500 years - Antediluvian
And given all of that - this should be self-explanatory. 'Ante-' meaning 'before', '-diluvian' meaning 'of the flood'. Antediluvians are vampires embraced before the flood.

Finally if I missed anyone's post or question.  Just pm me, and that will get my attention.  And I am sorry if I did. 

Muse

Is a gangrel roman legionarie as Sheriff, technicaly a Methusala, acceptable. 

Muse

Beolwulff and I just diced between ourselves for the position of Scourge, and I was fortunate enough to win.  (He nine, I ten, on d10.) 

Therefore I'd like to change my aplication from Sheriff to Scourge. 

Beolwulff asks me to post that he would like the post of Primogen of the Malkavians, unless whoever plays the Prince would accet a Malkavian Sheriff. 

(Now i feel somewhat guilty since i see how the roll of Scourge would be better suited to a Malkavian.) 

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Muse on January 14, 2009, 04:20:41 PM
Beolwulff and I just diced between ourselves for the position of Scourge, and I was fortunate enough to win.  (He nine, I ten, on d10.) 

Therefore I'd like to change my aplication from Sheriff to Scourge. 

Beolwulff asks me to post that he would like the post of Primogen of the Malkavians, unless whoever plays the Prince would accet a Malkavian Sheriff. 

(Now i feel somewhat guilty since i see how the roll of Scourge would be better suited to a Malkavian.) 

Scourge, Gangrel? 

Thinking on the malk as sheriff, primogen is fine.  The Prince has yet to be filled.  Which I might just assume here. 

Muse

Octavian Walker is generaly understood throughout the Kindred comunity to have been a roman soldier.  Though happy to talk about life in militaries throughout history, he doesn't usualy talk about his mortal life.  The oldest information to have gotten out about him is that other roman vampires have been heard refering to him as, "Centurion," or speaking of him as, "The Walking Death," or "Death Who Walks." 

The gangrel like him as a front man because his lecherous tendencies tend to drive him to settle down for a protfracted period every century or so, usually offering his services to a Prince, not for the day to day work of the Sheriff, but for the elite enforcer work of the Scourge, in return for being set up with a comfortable place on the outskirts of town to train his heard of worshipful amazon love slaves, only the best of the best of whom he rewards with protracted youth. 

Since the establishment of the Camarilla, this will be his third settled period.  Besides the usual array of pleasures and challenges, he is intrested in getting in touch with the rapidly expanding technologies of the modern world, particularly military and informational. 

Vandren

Brief rundown of concept (needs fleshing with city):

John, often called John the Gangrel, could have been born and Embraced anytime from the early 19th to early 20th centuries.  His background is unclear to locals, although he has been living in the city for at least a decade.  Adding to the confusion about his place is the fact that he seems to get along and be comfortable associating with both neonates and ancilla, and seems capable of holding his own with the older of the two.  Officially, he bills himself as a bodyguard or club security.  Unofficially, he does favors for nearly anyone in the city and appears to be something of a jack-of-all-trades, master of none.

Nature: Survivor (probably)
Demeanor: Varies (probably a mix of Autist and "Mr. Helpful")

(Unbeknownst to the city's denizens, John collects Influence, a little bit here and a little bit there, never a lot in one area, and he is actually more political than his public persona lets on.  He likes to have enough influence and control to survive, while staying out of the limelight.)

Elven Sex Goddess

Alright Muse, Vandren, looks good so far with the concepts.   As well as yours Ruby. 

Also address the kindred not of the pillar clans of the cam.    Each will have to find a primogen to sponsor them, to claim them under the umbrella of their reach and clan.    Which will be a good vehicle for developing story arcs.

Aragem

Margery Kayla

Ventrue

Demeanor:  Director
Nature:  Critic

Margery Kayla was once, Margerite Gibson, a proud rich lady whose husband ran a monopoly of lumber mills after the American Civil War.  What most didn't know that Margery was the one who ran business and checked the account books while her husband enjoyed the life of a rich man with drinking, gambling, and loose women.  Margery took shortcuts, she used inmate for labor instead of paying men, and took advantage of the destitution of the South, despite the fact that she had been born and raised there and left to wed her husband. 

A strange man who came to do business with her husband soon saw that Margery was the one who ran the business with a iron fist and was impressed with her sense of business and pride, he rewarded her with an Embrace.  Margery's first taste of vitae had been her husband's . . . .

For 100 years, Margery had risen in power and money.  She is the silent partner of her sire's corporation and has a rather notorious reputation for her ruthlessness and cutthroat methods.  So far, she hasn't shown an interest in politics, however, she is a Ventrue. . . .

Ivy

Toreador

Demeanor:  Bon Vivant
Nature:  Conniver

Ivy was a sculptess in the 50's when she was Embraced by a Toreador that adored her work.  Ivy is beautiful and she knows it.  She is highly opnionated and loves being the center of attention, however she's smart enough to know when to keep quiet and be a wallflower.  She doesn't concern herself with politics, instead she worries more about staying ahead of the fashions and arts of the other Toreador.

Marlowe

Toreador

Nature: Caregiver
Demeanor: Conformist

Marlowe is new the unlife of a vampire.  He was Embraced a few years ago after he impressed a Toreador manager with his singing skills.  In his unlife he has released several albums and there are hundreds of fansites dedicated to him.  However, unbeknownst to him that his brother whom he hasn't seen in years has been Embraced and is a member of the Gangrel clan.
Marlowe is a follower, he does what he is told by his sire and tends to stay out of trouble.  He is however fascinated with the concept of love and finds himself having the tendacy to develope crushes on kine and Kindred alike.

Trevor

Gangrel

Nature: Survivor
Demeanor:Rebel

Trevor enjoys living hard in nature and backpacking it through mountains.  He falls for a beautiful woman one night while hiking through the woods and while he expected to have a companion for the night, she Embraces him.  For the next several years, he travels with her, that is until he finds out that his brother has shared a similar fate.
Trevor despise being told what to do and even his own sire has some problems reining him out of trouble.  He's impatient and would rather dash down the street after his victim, instead of quietly stalking them into an alley.  He is a potential threat to the Masqueade.

Valjean

Malkavian

Demeanor: Child
Nature: Avant-Garde

No one knows her name.  It's doubtful that she knows what her name was before her Embrace.  She was a Jewish girl sent to a concentration camp during the events of WW II.  She still retains a tatoo of a 24601, thus she is named after a fellow prisoner who bore the same prison number as herself.  She bears the appearance of a 14 year old girl.  Her dementia is ADD, Attention Deficient Disorder.  Its hard to keep her attention and to keep it. 

These characters are still being developed, but just to let you know what I have in mind.  Yay or nay it if you will.  And criticism and questions are welcomed.

Elven Sex Goddess

QuoteDemeanor: Child
Nature: Avant-Garde

No one knows her name.  It's doubtful that she knows what her name was before her Embrace.  She was a Jewish girl sent to a concentration camp during the events of WW II.  She still retains a tatoo of a 24601, thus she is named after a fellow prisoner who bore the same prison number as herself.  She bears the appearance of a 14 year old girl.  Her dementia is ADD, Attention Deficient Disorder.  Its hard to keep her attention and to keep it.

You been busy, with a lot of ideas and concepts.   Got the fever with it, I can see.  :) They all look good.   

However, the last one the child like appearance of 14.   Is a big final no.   Even if it is implied age.   However, in accordance with site.  You can have her appear as a sixteen year old.   

Aragem

That's fine.  16 it is then. 

Margery Kayla is an alter ego I have floating around inside my head. 

Ivy is my idea of a snobby Toreador, her character isn't 100 percent developed yet.  But working on it.

Trevor and Marlowe were inspired by Stephen and Gabriel from Anita Blake books.  Twin brothers but Stephen is a were-wolf while Gabriel is a were-panther.  Brothers, but split apart by species of their inner animals.  I did consider making Trevor a Nosferatu since Nos is the polar opposite of a Tor, however I changed my mind and went for Gangrel.

Valjean is a character that's been living inside my head for years since I learned what Malkavians are. 

If is anyone wants their character to be related in any way to one of mine, their ghouls, sire, lovers, enemies, etc, drop me a PM.  Other than that, just feel free to stick them into whatever.  I'm pretty flexible.

EDIT:  Had to add a couple of more characters from my list.

Lieutenant Matthew Griffin

Ventrue Ghoul belong to Margery Kayla

Nature:  Martyr
Demeanor: Honest Abe

Matthew use to be a normal officer of the law until he partner was murdered while on a beat by some young punks.  Devestated, he attempted to drown his sorrows at a bar downtown when he is approached by a strange woman who was so beautiful, Officer Matthew Griffin forgot that he was in love with his wife for several moments.  She smiles at him and offers to buy him a drink if he sits with her in a private booth.

Griffen tells her that he's married man.  She tells him that wasn't what she was after at all.  Curious, he accepts her invitation for the drink and private seat.  The woman introduces herself as Margery Kayla and she has a deal to make with him.  She'll give him the leads he needs to nail the punks responsible for killing his partner, pull some strings to have him promoted, and also give him a small "allowance" a month, however in exchange, he would just simply do two little things:  Do whatever she tells him and to take a little sip from her wrist.

He was pretty drunk and the blood was ectasy.

Within that week, Matthew arrested the bag guys, got his promotion, and was now a ghoul to a rather nasty vampire bitch.  Now he is struggling to juggle his budy career, the needs of his family consisting of his wife and three kids, and the demands of a Ventrue Vampiress.  There has to be a breaking point at some point . . . .

Norbit a.ka. Toothy

Nosferatu

Nature:  jester
Demeanor:Curmudgeon

Norbit was once an average guy working an average job on an average day, until he fell down a manhole, broke both of his legs and dragged himself down a tunnel by his arms and was discovered by a Nosferatu and you can guess the rest.
Norbit has wrinkled skin, pointy ears, and large bloodshot eyes.  His teeth are broken and most have fallen out.  He only has ONE fang hence the nickname Toothy.
He has learned very much from the Nosferatu clan concerning spying and intelligence.  He's willing to father and sell information for the right price to the surface dwellers, but he is very hesitant to get involved in any mess that doesn't directly concern.   

Selenity Rose

I love OWOD and NWOD. I'm a former OWOD ST for Garou but I love Vampire as well in OWOD. Anyways, to my point, I saw in an earlier post that ya'll wanted sheets. If you don't already have the grapevine program this site is great as long as you have adobe and can edit/print sheets right away.

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/

And here's the link to Grapevine (to download it or you can click on the side bar to read more about it.)

http://www.grapevinelarp.com/download.shtml

Both of these tools  are approved by white wolf.

Aragem

OMG!!!!  These look so useful!!!  Thanks!!!!  I hope you get approved and then you can join!

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Selenity Rose on January 15, 2009, 05:32:50 AM
I love OWOD and NWOD. I'm a former OWOD ST for Garou but I love Vampire as well in OWOD. Anyways, to my point, I saw in an earlier post that ya'll wanted sheets. If you don't already have the grapevine program this site is great as long as you have adobe and can edit/print sheets right away.

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/

And here's the link to Grapevine (to download it or you can click on the side bar to read more about it.)

http://www.grapevinelarp.com/download.shtml

Both of these tools  are approved by white wolf.

Yes Grapevine, have that.  Great tool for putting together characters for larp. 

The other link is a big help.  Thanks hun, and hope you get approved soon.  ;)

RubySlippers

You have the stats for Elders and Neonates, what about those in-between the Ancillas?

I'm not sure if I'll go that route but I want to at east what the creation rules are for reference.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 15, 2009, 01:08:13 PM
You have the stats for Elders and Neonates, what about those in-between the Ancillas?

I'm not sure if I'll go that route but I want to at east what the creation rules are for reference.

Alright Ruby here is the answer.  Elder creation;       Approval needed.

Elder Character Creation:
Attributes; 10-7-5
Abilities 20-12-8
10 disciplines
7 virtues
15 backgrounds
20 freebies
Starting Generation: 11th  And generation must be purchased if want lowered it is not free.

Standard;

Attributes; 7-5-3
Abilities 13-9-5
3 disciplines  / 4 for starting Ancillas
7 virtues
5 backgrounds
15 freebies / 50 freebies for Ancillas
starting generation; 13th

Ghouls;

attribues; 6-4-3
abilities 11-7-4
discipline 1 potence 1 clan
virtues 7
backgrounds 5
freebies 20

As you can see, ancillas characters get a 4th discipline and 50 freebie points to spend.

Now I have busy working up the world.  I should be ready by the weekend to start creating the game thread and ooc.  Also some clarification.

Those creating elder characters, are taking on the role of storytellers.  So should be experienced in the world.  So can help develop a intrigue captivating game.  Only one elder character per player may be created and any additional will be standard/ghouls.

Ancillas characters are for those experience players that wish to have a more skilled and influential character.  With out being tasked to help story tell the chronicle.    However, the same applies as with the elder.  Only one such character in game.   With any other being standard/Ghoul

Standard, of neonates and ghouls.  People can have as many as they want to take on. 

RubySlippers

My character is coming along well, right now she is a relatively seasoned and well established Caitiff Ancilla that is a staunch supporter ot the six traditions and the Camarilla interpretations of said traditions, so the Elders likely won't mind her that much.

Should be overall rather good and a leader among her people, no one else seems to look out for the Caitiff in the sect in the city and if she can't get them into the Camarilla they might join the Anarchs or (gasp) the Panders of the Sabbat. So she is performing a public service to her sect.
;)

RubySlippers

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 15, 2009, 06:34:09 PM
www.geocities.com/malfisbymidnight/index.html

You all might find this a handy resource.

Thanks Ruby Slippers,  nice handy source for everyone.  :)

The caitiff is coming together nice as a concept  in what you have said.

Elven Sex Goddess

Alright, I orginally said Chicago.   However, not wanting to be tied to a setting and background that is Chicago by Night.    I decided on using the city of San Antonio.   I may be wrong, but I do not think anything in detail on the city resides in the many book within the VtM.   

Here is information on the Camarilla of the city.

Vampire the Masquerade

Chronicle

San Antonio by Night

Welcome to the chronicle of San Antonio at night.  A hidden world of darkness in the city of two million in the metropolitan area that is San Antonio.   Where, a  hidden world co-exists amongst a city rich in history.   A city controlled by the Camarilla in a bastion landscape beyond that serves the sect known as the Sabbath. 

History;  The  Alamo mission, a strong hold for the sect known as the Alamo.   Was driven out by the growing proxies of Camarilla influence.   As history is known.   In a large push of influence.  The general Santa Anita crossed the border and with his army.   Re captured the Alamo mission.  That served as a fort, that had been traded back and forth.   Through the historic site had not been re taken with arms.  The influence and proxies of the Camarilla would force Santa Anita to relinquish the Alamo.   A temporary blow to the Sabbath designs on controlling the Texas territory.   

In the human mortal, Driscoll in 1888 would restore the Alamo and La Villita.  Through the guidance of the elder leadership of the Camarilla.

Setting that is now;

*Camarilla;
  The Camarilla domain is the South town / King Williams district,  a 25-block area near downtown on the south bank of the San Antonio River.

#Brujah;  The clan Brujah domain is from  the San Antonio Central Library to the and Municipal Auditorium.  With the southern border along Pecan street.   The norther border runs along from the Library along the street running NW-SE,  Navarro ave.   Until it bends at the river south.  The northern border continues along the river to the Municipal Auditorium.   Where many a raves of passion are oratory within, amongst the passioned Brujah.   Of note, the southwest San Antonio school of art and craft.  Is contested by the Toreador clan.  As the clan lays claim as part of it's jurisdiction. 

Primogen ; filled
Whip;

#Gangrel; The clan Gangrel is spread through the metropolitan area of San Antonio.  However, the domain that is claimed with in the Camarilla proper.  Where and when the clan elders call a gathering of the clan.  Is Hemisfair Park, it is here the clan gathers.  At one time the park was a source of constant attacks by Sabbath packs.   However, since taking control of the park.  The vigilance of the Gangrel.   Has reduced this to anomalies.  That indeed are sporadic and far between. 

Primogen;  Fillled?
Whip;

#Malkavian;  The domain of the Malkavian's rests from the river to Alamo ave.  From south of Pecan street down to Houston St.  The church of St Anthony is where Malkavian's  can find refuge and safe haven.

Primogen; Filled
Whip;

#Nosferatu;  The clan domain lies outside of the Camarilla proper.  Outside of the city limits.  Within the Cascade Caverns that is off of interstate 10 to the north.  This  location through, brings a constant struggle with battling Sabbath packs and Anarchs.   In addition with in the hidden branches of caverns.   The Nosferatu share in uneasy alliance with the were rat shifters. 

Primogen;
Whip;

#Toreador;  The artist and posers, domain is the smallest.  It is the oldest district within the metropolitan area.  The La Villita historic arts village.  Located on the south bank of the San Antonio river.

With just across the southern bank and controlled by the clan.  Is the Arneson river theater.  Which is the  Elysium of the Camarilla.   Where court and Cline of the Camarilla gather to enjoy the fine arts and passions of existence.  However, the truth it is where plots and intrigues are carried out.  The Cos house just across on the south bank.  Is also an extension of the Elysium.  Of other notes,  the elders of the clan have estates within the private residential mansion district of King Williams.  Which is controlled by the Ventrue. 

Primogen;
Whip;

#Tremere;  Within the Uptown loop area, the conclave of Camarilla bastion resides in the Tremere chantry.   Which is known as the University of Incarnate Word.  This was a bastion of influence of the Sabbath sect.  Resident of the Archbishop.  The chantry is under constant attacks because of this.  However, the unified discipline strength of the warlocks.  Has had them hold push back as a pillar of strength.  A source of pride and status for any Tremere. 

Primogen;  filled
Whip;

#Ventrue;  From the Drury Inn within the river walk district.  The blue bloods  orchestrate run and control.   Through their vest network of influence and wealth.   In addition to the King Williams residential district.   Which many Toreador elders have estates.   In which the haven of the city Prince, a  Ventrue elder from Hittite and eighteen dynasty of Egypt,  Asari,  progeny of Mithras. 

Primogen;
Whip;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prince;  Ann Cohen (Asari) (Ventrue)
Seneschal;
Harpy;
Scourge;  Octavian Walker (Gangrel)
Sheriff;   Filled?
Keeper of Elysium;

Notables;
Justine Castille (Caitiff)

Rest;

Aragem

I was working on character sheets however . . . . ::)

Mom brought home a baby kitten!!!!!!  SQUEEE!!!!

So I may not have all the Character Sheets done by the time we have an Character Sheet thread open, but I will have the more important characters done or surprise myself and get them all done.

Muse

Name:      Octavian Walker: Dean of the college of History at (   ) and Professor of Classical Studies. 

Clan      Gangrel   
Generation   6th
Features:   Short with rawhide muscles, Octavian has a neatly groomed ponytain and goatee of wolf grey hair, yellow eyes, and a hirsuit body.  He also has fully developed foot pads and thickened toe nails.  All this aside, his musculature is the Roman ideal of perfection and he'd be passing fair with his unaturalgrey hairs pulucked and with a less roman (AKA brocoli like) nose. 

Nature:      Bon Viant
Demeanor:    Traditionalist

Strength   3
Dexterity   6
Stamina      4

Charisma   3
Manipulation   5
Appearence   1

Perception   4
Intelegence   3
Wits      4

TALENTS
Alertness   2
Athletics   2
Brawl      0
Dodge      2
Empathy      2
Expression   2
Intimidation   4
Leadership   0
Streetwise   2
Subterfuge   4

SKILLS
Animal Ken   0
Crafts      0
Drive      0
Etiquette   0
Firearms   0
Melee      6
Performance   0
Security   2
Stealth      0
Survival   4

Knowleges
Academics   2
Computer   0
Finance      0
Investigation   2
Law      0
Linguistics   4
Medecine   0
Occult      2
Polotics   0
Science      0

Animalisim   2
Fortitude   3
Potence      3
Protean      4

BACKGROUNDS: 
Contacts   0
Generation   4
Herd      2
Influence   3   (Scourge)
Resources   4
Retainers   1
Status      1

VIRTUES: 
Concious   2
Self Control   4
Courage      5

Humanity   6
Willpower   9

MERITS:
Eat Food/Enjoy Sex
Gift of Proteus (4)
Jack of All Trades

FLAWS: 
Dark Secret:  When he offers his services to a prince as Scourge for 101 years, he is in fact setting the pieces on the board for a game with the Sabat methusala in a nearby Sabat teritory.  The game: he aquires a collection of beautiful women as herd and ghouls, even childer, which after a few years ordecades his own rival begins trying to take away.   
Intoloerance of Gauls
Permenant Wound
Prey Exclusion: Pre Adolescents
Prey Exclusion: Wolves and Garou
Enemy:  Flavius Maximus: Lassombra Methusala, see above. 
Enemy:  Gaulish Imortal Sorceress
Curse:  During one of Nero's anti-christian pogroms, The Walking Death ran afoul of a number of christian miracle workers who enforced upon his patern certain Geas. 
   If confronted with a cross, he must roll Willpower dificulty 9 or flee. 
   An even stronger sign against him is the sign of the Icthus.  Should one who claims chistian belief focus their attention upon him and trace a fish on the ground with their toe, he must roll willpower dificulty nine and score 2 sucesses or be forced to reveal his nature. 
   The ward against the angel of death is a sure and certain way to keep The Walking Death from entering the home of a christian or jew.
   On the grounds of a Christian church or Jewish Synagog even one not sanctified by true faith, he still suffers a -2 dice pool penalty mitigated by the number of suceses on a dificulty nine willpower roll.  In a christian church with the alter on the east side, the penalty increases to -4. 

RubySlippers

Name: Justine Castille
Picture: http://fantasti.cc/user/lisette_ccile/images/image/212505
Player: Rubyslippers
Chronicle: San Antonio by Night
Nature:
Demeanor: Traditionalist
Clan: Caitiff
Generation: 11th
Haven: Large House (strong security in sleeping area well hidden, standard safe room for a wealthy Kindred)
Concept:

~ Redesign In Progress ~

Vandren

Character stats for approval.  To make things easier, I kept a record of Freebie expenditures.

John Sifridus Lederer
a.k.a. John the Gangrel

Nature: Survivor
Demeanor: Varies (Autist, Confidant)
Sire: A Walkyrige (doesn’t know her name)
Generation: 11th
Haven: Small one bedroom in the suburbs; his car
Humanity: 5, Willpower: 8, Blood Pool: 12

Attributes
Physical: Strength – 3, Dexterity – 4 (Reflexes), Stamina – 3
Social: Charisma: 3, Manipulation – 1, Appearance – 2
Mental: Perception – 3, Intelligence – 3, Wits – 2

Abilities
Talents: Alertness - 3, Brawl – 4 (Tooth & Claw)
Skills: Animal Ken – 2, Drive – 1, Firearms – 3, Melee – 3, Security – 2, Stealth – 3, Survival – 2
Knowledges: Computer – 1, Investigation – 2, Linguistics – 2 (English, German, Navaho)
Secondary: Camarilla Lore – 2, Lupine Lore - 1

Disciplines
Animalism – 1, Fortitude – 3, Protean – 3, Obfuscate 1

Virtues
Conscience – 2, Self-Control – 4, Courage – 5

Backgrounds
Allies – 2, Generation – 2, Resources – 3, Retainers – 1, Status – 2 (Ancilla), Influence – 2

Merits/Flaws (4M / 7F)
Eat Food/Enjoy Sex (1M), Eidetic Memory (2M), Gift of Proteus (1M), Hunted (4F), Phobia (Reptiles, 2F), Prey Exclusion (Students, 1F)

Freebie Usage (50 + 3 F = 53)
Abilities: Security 2, Stealth 2, Survival 2, Alertness 2, Brawl 2 (10 total)
- Camarilla Lore 2, Lupine Lore 1 (3 total)
Disciplines: Fotitude 14, Protean 7, Obfuscate 7 (28 total)
Virtues: Conscience 2 (2 total)
Backgrounds: Resources 2, Status 2, Influence 2, Retainers 1 (7 total)
Willpower: 3

Expanded Background
Allies: Martin Runningdog (Gangrel neonate biologist, John’s childe), Raphael732 (online religious nut)
Resources: Bank accounts under a few names ($50,000 in assets, $3,000/month)
Retainers: a single Ghoul
Influence: Mostly among San Antonio’s higher education and religious communities

Appearance: (To be cleaned up)
-   brown hair, hazel eyes, caucasian, Germanic, 5’10”, 130-140 lbs, male

Background: (To be expanded)
-   DoB: 5.10.1877, R.I.P. 5.30.1898

Gear/Equipment
2 Beretta 92s, 2 H&K USPs, several knives, knapsack, notebooks, some books (history, religion), 4 extra magazines per firearm, Ithaca shotgun, conceal-carry permits in ten states, licenses for the aforementioned firearms, S&W Model 57 (.41 revolver; no license), 12 silver hollowpoint .41 rounds; usual house, car, and other such things

RubySlippers

Aragem

PLEASE bear in mind that this is my FIRST Vampire Masquerade Character Sheet!  So please be gentle in criticism.

Margery Kayla was once, Margerite Gibson, a proud rich lady whose husband ran a monopoly of lumber mills after the American Civil War.  What most didn't know was that Margery was the one who ran  the business and balanced the books while her husband enjoyed the life of a rich man with drinking, gambling, and loose women.  Margery took shortcuts, she used inmate for labor instead of paying men, and took advantage of the destitution of the South, despite the fact that she had been born and raised there and left to wed her husband. 

A strange man who came to do business with her husband soon saw that Margery was the one who ran the business with a iron fist and was impressed with her sense of business and pride, he rewarded her with an Embrace.  Margery's first taste of vitae had been her husband's . . . .

For 100 years, Margery had risen in power and money.  She is the silent partner of her sire's corporation and has a rather notorious reputation for her ruthlessness and cutthroat methods.    She isn't powerful enough claim any political position, however she makes sure to make herself of value to the local council by acquiring links to the the police department and expanding her influence throughout the city. 

Margery is a constantly has her ear to the ground for any latest  news concerning the Camarilla and how it could help advance her own ambitions.

Personality:

Margery is in control, likes being in control, and will make sure that people know that she is in control.  When she isn't in the position of power, she finds out who it is and gets close to them in order to raise her further status if possible. 

Though like any Ventrue, she prefers to have others do her own dirty work, but if it came down to loosing what she wants  or going out and taking care of it herself, she'll replace her high heels for workboots and set out. 

Merits/Flaws:

Intolerance:  Margery intolerants anything that prevents her from attaining her ambitions. 

Prestigious Sire:  Her sire is well known for dealing a crushing blow to a Sabbat upstart during the American Civil War, shortly before Embracing Margery

Boon:  Margery helped an Elder hide a secret that would otherwise mar his reputation in the Camarilla.   

Vandren

The Status bit could be a problem, Aragem.  Status 5 = Prince (which won't happen with 13th gen), since it represents status within vampiric society, rather than mortal society.

Aragem

Cool, I'll reduce it to one.  Gives me more points to place elsewhere.   ;D

Vandren

:)  That's a pretty common misconception, I think I made it myself early on.

Aragem

Yeah, I finally found the core book 3rd edition of Vampire Masquerade and it has helped losts, but its a lot to retain and impliment.  It's fun adjusting the points.

RubySlippers

Might I suggest for a young Kindred like yourself drop Status (Camarilla) which is what it would be now to 1, take 1 Dot in Status (Ventrue) so the clan thinks your at least acceptable and you really do need to get Resources up right now you have no money and frankly that will not do for any Ventrue you should at least have Resources 4 to be presentable or at least own a Nightclub (2 Point merit) its unlikely your SIre would not have seen you had some way to survive even if you are lazy at being a Ventrue.

See the Ventrue have the best money machine in Kindred Society in the Camarilla and likely anywhere just to buy influence among mortals and flex that power. Even if you sat there as a Librarian in an archive they would take care of you and see your vested in the Clan with money that is easy. Even if you were not formally close to the clan in the city its unlikely you would not have some economic asset that is at least presentable.

You could drop Police Ties for Influence 2 that would free up 1 point and you can get a few by adding another flaw or so. One that might fit is Compulsion (ambitious), Compulsion (superior about blood ties - you are just preening about who your Sire was all the time), Intolerance (non-Camarilla kindred) and others to play up her bitchy nature. Just suggestions but with your clan at least try to get a Nightclub it can grow up as an asset making you more money as well during the game.
;D

Aragem

Thanks.  I'll make the corrections and repost the CS sheets in the morning.  Need my beauty sleep  ;D

Beowulff

Ok sorry I have not posted in awhile I have been very busy. So for that please accept my apologies. Now on to my character. I am going to play a malkavian possible ancile. If you need a primogin and a ancile would work I would like to do that. If not then I will make a elder. I don't have much for a concept yet, just some ideas for the characters storyline and how I will play him. You know with the narcisim I plan on taking it might be fun to play him as the prince (only of course if the ST accepts it). Give me a little time to find some spare time and I will post a concept and character sheet, though I would like to know which I will be playing (ancile/elder   primogin/prince) but once I find this out I will get a concept and character sheet posted.
As a after thought this board is getting big when will we have a game board?
O yeah sorry about the spelling but that is a ability I apparently do not have. :)
Break the chains and constraints "normal" society has placed on our souls. Show them what a gamer really is. Let them know how far from satin you are.
To gamer Freedom :)

playfullchick76

Im definately very interested in playing in this one. I followed the tv series, kindred the embraced,the masquerade. I could be a newly embraced torador, agaisnt my will by a fugitive toreador. He was found and punished accordingly, but i was spared and allowed to live.

As for who i was before, i could have been part of an arms smuggling crew. and was taken one night in an alley after celebrating a big sale, so id be tech savvy, good with weapons, and still have contacts. I would be about 23 to 25 years old.

If theres room for me, and if you want me in, im happy to play this out with you.

Aragem

Anyone who is interested in playing, but have never played a table top RPG game like this, I suggest finding the Vampire Masquerade 3rd Edition core book and giving that a quick glance.  That book has REALLY helped me out in creating my character, though I still got to make adjustments

Also it explains the rules of the game.  Its definately not like freeform and this will be my first game that isn't freeform, but after giving the 3rd edition a read through, I feel more comfortable about it, though I may make mistakes. 

Also, there are websites online, though old, that can help out too.

Vandren

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 18, 2009, 12:11:10 AM
Might I suggest for a young Kindred like yourself drop Status (Camarilla) which is what it would be now to 1, take 1 Dot in Status (Ventrue) so the clan thinks your at least acceptable and you really do need to get Resources up right now you have no money and frankly that will not do for any Ventrue you should at least have Resources 4 to be presentable

Actually, Resources isn't 100% necessary for Ventrue.  In fact, the Ventrue clanbook only has four concepts with Resources 3+, five with 2, one with 1 (Union Boss).  Not every Ventrue can be wealthy . . . take the Union Boss concept, a Union Boss with Resources 4+ is going to be investigated by the FBI really quickly.  A union boss with resources 1-3, not so much.  :)

RubySlippers

I didn't say high but the character had none, so really was a begger hardly something that is good. And the character is over one hundred fifty years old its unlikely she would have nothing. But I can get the rugged individualist concept its not bad for a Ventrue to keep their own assets and funds apart from the clan.

I would simply suggest and did in a PM they take resources to maybe a respectable 3 dots or take the Nightclub Merit (2 pts.) to have some money and the like. Influence may be more important just don't tell the Elders about your full connects you do not want to step on other Ventrue domains, at least obviously.
;)

With the character a up and coming bitchy Ventrue I would think appearances though would be important so no money would be bad.

I just was making an observation thats all.

Aragem

Taking a look at the Core book under resources.

1 Dot:  Small Savings:  A small apartment or maybe a motorcyle.   If liqudated $1,000 dollars in cash with $500 dollars a month in allowance

2 Dots:  MIddle Class:  An apartment or condominium; if liqudated you'll have $8,000; $1,200 a month

3 Dots:  Large Savings: A homeowner or someone with equaity.  If liquadated you'll have $50,000; with $3,000 a month

4 Dots:  Well off:  Member of the upperclass with a very large house or dilipidated mansion.  If liquadated you'll have $500,000 with $9,000 a month

5 Dots:  Millionaire:  Whereever your character wants to live.  If liquadated, you'll have $5,000,000 in cash and a allowance of $300,000 a month.

So at the least, I'll want my Ventrue to have 2 or 3 dots.

RubySlippers

I sent a suggested by me default spread for your Backgrounds it should cover a newer Kindred without much of a problem, keeping it simple. You can build on that easily.

In the game if you do favors for your clan Elders be sure to use the boons to your advantage, like getting stock portfolios and their aid in establishing that is the nice thing about Ventrue. The Elders at least see value in getting a youngster set-up so it helps the clan as a whole later on, abuse that.
;D

Vandren

I've made one minor modification to John, as I've considered how to revise his background to fit this game.  With ST approval, I've changed hi third language from Navaho to Mandarin.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: playfullchick76 on January 18, 2009, 06:51:39 AM
Im definately very interested in playing in this one. I followed the tv series, kindred the embraced,the masquerade. I could be a newly embraced torador, agaisnt my will by a fugitive toreador. He was found and punished accordingly, but i was spared and allowed to live.

As for who i was before, i could have been part of an arms smuggling crew. and was taken one night in an alley after celebrating a big sale, so id be tech savvy, good with weapons, and still have contacts. I would be about 23 to 25 years old.

If theres room for me, and if you want me in, im happy to play this out with you.

Your more then welcome hun,  the more the better.  So welcome, and if you need help.  Their are a lot of helpful people.  :)

Quote from: Vandren on January 18, 2009, 04:26:26 PM
I've made one minor modification to John, as I've considered how to revise his background to fit this game.  With ST approval, I've changed hi third language from Navaho to Mandarin.

No problem  :)

Aragem

I'm almost finished redoing Margery's CS.  Made some changes that'll fit better with the story. 

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Aragem on January 18, 2009, 05:09:58 PM
I'm almost finished redoing Margery's CS.  Made some changes that'll fit better with the story. 

Looking forward :) 

Aragem

OKay, this is Margery's sheet redone.  I hope it works out for our Storyteller.

Margery Kayla was once, Margerite Gibson, a proud rich lady whose husband ran a monopoly of lumber mills after the American Civil War.  What most didn't know was that Margery was the one who ran  the business and balanced the books while her husband enjoyed the life of a rich man with drinking, gambling, and loose women.  Margery took shortcuts, she used inmate for labor instead of paying men, and took advantage of the destitution of the South, despite the fact that she had been born and raised there and left to wed her husband. 

For 100 years, Margery had risen in power and money.   10 years back, she left her sire's side to make her own way.  She has done well for herself by opening a popular nightclub, Twighlight's Kiss, which provides a large percentage of her income and nightly vitae. 

Margery is often frustrated with her age.  Though she is 100 years old, she is still too young to claim elder status, and is considered part of the neonate's level.  However, though she is years away from any hope of attaining a spot on any Camarilla council, she does keep herself involved with politics and the comings and goings of the higher ups.   

Margery is a constantly has her ear to the ground for any latest  news concerning the Camarilla and how it could help advance her own ambitions.

Personality:

Margery is in control, likes being in control, and will make sure that people know that she is in control.  When she isn't in the position of power, she finds out who it is and gets close to them in order to raise her further status if possible. 

Though like any Ventrue, she prefers to have others do her own dirty work, but if it came down to loosing what she wants  or going out and taking care of it herself, she'll replace her high heels for workboots and set out. 

Merits/Flaws:

Intolerance:  Margery intolerants anything that prevents her from attaining her ambitions. 

Vandren

Quick theoretical question (considering a Tremere Primogen, possibly in the future): is the Age Background allowable for elders?  War of Ages p. 67.  And would Blood Magic be a valid book for use?

Ok, two questions.  Sue me (I got nothin' anyway, I'm an adjunct, read dept. slave).  :)

Oh, and a suggestion.  It'll take a bit more bookkeeping (which I can volunteer to do), but it works well: different Influences - ex. University, Bureaucracy, Religious - rather than a blanket Background: Influence.  So, for instance, John would have "Influence: University - 2" while someone else might have "Influence: Industry - 2 and Influence: University -1"  With, say, a maximum of 10 points available to the whole city in each area.

Aragem

Here is my question,

are all the characters already going to know of each other? 

Or are they going to meet within the game?

Paladin

Ok I have played a bit of OWOD. I'd have to dig out my book. I think Its up in the attic. That all depends on one thing. Are you guys accepting players, and if so are Assimites a Legal choice to play?

Vandren

I'll risk Asherah's displeasure and jump in on this one.

I think we're accepting (I don't think anyone's set a limit on number of players), but we're focusing on Camarilla characters for the time being.  Possibly with room to expand into the Non-aligned clans/bloodlines and Sabbat later.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Vandren on January 18, 2009, 09:47:02 PM
I'll risk Asherah's displeasure and jump in on this one.

I think we're accepting (I don't think anyone's set a limit on number of players), but we're focusing on Camarilla characters for the time being.  Possibly with room to expand into the Non-aligned clans/bloodlines and Sabbat later.

No not stepping, is more then appreciated.  :)

And your right on,  need to establish one fraction.  Then branch out from their to have any success in the game getting off.   So my suggestion is if want to play a sabbath for example.  And be a leader aside in it.  Create a standard char for the cam.   

Paladin

So Create an Elder for the Sabbat that can be used later but create a Stadard level Character for the Camarilla? Is this correct?

Elven Sex Goddess

Yes, but actually that elders players are being tasked as sub story tellers, here at creation of the game to run their respective sphere of influence in game.       So if want to take on such.  Go ahead and make an elder and take a primogen or other position in court open.     

As I will limit one to each sects.     As well if do not want to task with st.  Then go with an ancille. 

Aragem

Here's my Character sheet for my Toreador.

Marlowe Winters Bio

Marlowe and his twin brother, Trevor, were very different, despite sharing a womb for 9 months.  Whole Marlowe was practicing the piano with his mother, Trevor was off camping and learning how to hunt with their dad.

When the boys turned ten, mom and dad called it quits.  Mom took Marlowe and Dad took Trevor and the twins scarcely had any contact with each other except through phone calls at Christmas and Thanksgiving.

Marlowe grew up studying music and honing his singing.  He practiced with the school choir and then practiced with a band.  During an audition, his skill was noticed by Logan Bryant, a Toreador elder that became captivated by Marlowe's raw talent.  

He worked with Marlowe for about a year, taking him on as a student and signing a contract with him, however Logan decided that he also wanted Marlowe as a childe.  He Embraced him.  

Marlowe is still fresh, having only experienced three years of being a vampire, so he isn't that experienced with the politics of the Camarilla.  He is well guarded by his sire.

However, Marlowe is a victim of humanity.  He has fallen in love with a mortal, Colette Yorik, a half French and half American girl.  Despite his fame and status, she has no idea that he loves her for that he doesn't make himself known to her.  He watches her from afar.  He follows her when she walks home alone from her job, keeping her safe from any would be muggers or rapists, and sometimes from other Kindred.  He considers her his ward to protect.

Paladin

Quote from: Asherah on January 19, 2009, 01:07:06 AM
Yes, but actually that elders players are being tasked as sub story tellers, here at creation of the game to run their respective sphere of influence in game.       So if want to take on such.  Go ahead and make an elder and take a primogen or other position in court open.     

As I will limit one to each sects.     As well if do not want to task with st.  Then go with an ancille. 

Sub Storyteller? What would this Entail? I can run a good story but I don't know all the Mechanics.

Aragem

Is there anything I can do to help build the story other than supplying characters?

Neophyte

I would be so interested in this and would love to join!

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Aragem on January 19, 2009, 01:19:56 AM
Is there anything I can do to help build the story other than supplying characters?

QuoteSub Storyteller? What would this Entail? I can run a good story but I don't know all the Mechanics.

Should be knowledge in the system.   However more then that.   Knowledge in the setting and nuances of the game.  And for that part. run the workings and inner intrigue of clan politics.   Especially within the  clan or position took on.    I am doing this to allow adept and experience players to come in with a higher level of character.  Yet leave room for growth of the other characters.   As eventually I hope even the prince will be replaced by a character that started out at standard creation.     

Quote from: Neophyte on January 19, 2009, 01:22:52 AM
I would be so interested in this and would love to join!

Still at creation stage.   In need of more players.  So more then welcome.  :)

Paladin

Quote from: Asherah on January 19, 2009, 01:50:54 AM
Should be knowledge in the system.   However more then that.   Knowledge in the setting and nuances of the game.  And for that part. run the workings and inner intrigue of clan politics.   Especially within the  clan or position took on.    I am doing this to allow adept and experience players to come in with a higher level of character.  Yet leave room for growth of the other characters.   As eventually I hope even the prince will be replaced by a character that started out at standard creation.     

Still at creation stage.   In need of more players.  So more then welcome.  :)

Well Ok I don't think I could do an Elder then but an Ancile I cold. I have had explirence with NWOD quite a bit so I'm sure I could help out.

playfullchick76

Im not too familiar with the rulebooks, but the tv series gave me a lot of information, and i have played it freeform in the old yahoo roleplay rooms, so i know what im doing. I know my character, her background, skills,the works.

I do want to play this out with everyone here. its one of the few things in here that im passionate about, and truly feel that i can play with no problems.

RubySlippers

I'm saving my Elder slot for one of the non-Cammy spots maybe the Anarchs have a serious leader or a vicious Sabbat Warlord.
;D

Aragem

I take it that my Toreador is alright since no one says that he needs corrections.  Any criticism (Given nicely) is welcome. 

QuoteShould be knowledge in the system.   However more then that.   Knowledge in the setting and nuances of the game.  And for that part. run the workings and inner intrigue of clan politics.   Especially within the  clan or position took on.    I am doing this to allow adept and experience players to come in with a higher level of character.  Yet leave room for growth of the other characters.   As eventually I hope even the prince will be replaced by a character that started out at standard creation.

Okay, I'll do some studying.  I have the Camarilla guide and the corebook, and I could read up on Ventrue, Toreador, and definately Gangrel. 

RubySlippers

No comments on my other character like, we do not want THAT at the Elysium.

She is a performance artist by the way. I plan a rather nice show of a bit I call: Fuck the Prssy Toreador! Involving dead body parts, vomit and depictions of leading Toreador Artists of the city and prissy types. At the next major Elysium Toreador Artist exposition so she can show her craft to her adoring fans.

Vandren

Quote from: playfullchick76 on January 19, 2009, 06:04:15 AMbut the tv series gave me a lot of information

Please don't trust that Aaron Spelling abomination.  It had a lot of promise as a concept, until Spelling produced it and made it Vampire 90210.  :)  Ok, the show's so bad that it has some paradoxical draw, but has questionable basis in WoD.

QuoteI'm saving my Elder slot for one of the non-Cammy spots maybe the Anarchs have a serious leader or a vicious Sabbat Warlord

If I understood Asherah's last post on this correctly, she's going to allow one Elder and one Ancilla per player per sect.  (Please correct me if I'm mistaken, Asherah.)

Quote from: aragemI take it that my Toreador is alright since no one says that he needs corrections.  Any criticism (Given nicely) is welcome.

The only thing I see is that 14th Generation is a Flaw (2 pt.), which also disallows the Status Background (they're all under 5 years Embraced, are 90+% Caitiff, and should take the Thin Blood Flaw as well).  13th Gen. is probably what you intended, though, or at least that's my guess.  :)

RubySlippers

14th generation can be fun and they don't HAVE to take Thin-Blooded, 15th generation do but they already have lower blood pools so that flaw is built in already to a degree. But that is right status is not available at character creation at least. I was thinking of one for a third charaacter once I played the two I have for a bit.

Elven Sex Goddess

Alright to clarify. 

Camarillia        Independents[/i]       Sabbath          Anarchs
Elder                               1                               1                            1                            1
                                    or/and                      or/and                     or/and                     or/and
Ancilla                            1                                1                            1                            1

Standard, ghouls and mortal.   Unlimited, only limitation.  No ghouls that be with a sect not open for play.

Camarilla is open, limited amount of Indepentents.      In regards to Ancilla and Elders.   If want to help and take a position in Cam hierarchy and assume role of helping out.  Being the sub story teller for clan or position taken on.  Running the politics and in clan stuff.  Along with then can create an ancilla if want.  To help drive plots devised.     If want to play an elder that does not hold a position. Then cannot have a the other and vice a versa. 

The best games I have always found, is when you have a cooperative working to bring the world to life.     

Vandren

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 19, 2009, 09:52:01 AM14th generation can be fun and they don't HAVE to take Thin-Blooded

Never said they did.  Just quoted the 14th gen Flaw in V:tM Rev. ed., notice in my last post that I said should, not must.  There's a difference.  ;)

And never suggested that 14th gen couldn't be interesting/fun.  All I did was note that 14th gen is a Flaw, which the character didn't have although he was listed as 14th gen.  Therefore, I assumed a typo or some such.

RubySlippers

http://www.geocities.com/roleplayingheroes/idhampyr.htm#dhampir

How can we forget the ultimate thing to scare vampire Elders the half-vampire Dhampir. Nosferatu with Obfuscate 9 is around they can still see through it. mwhahahahaha No fooling them they can sense their natures regardless of their defense.

And their vampire blood regenerates to 10 points naturally, and they don't seem thin blooded per se just don't get any disciplines. They do get their own power though sort of a luck thing called Jos.

Who is up for a Dhampir Coterie in the game? We each make one and they are friends maybe lovers to.

playfullchick76

True, it did have only 6 clans in it, to make it simpler for people to understand i can only assume, and more sellable to a wide audience.Still, it struck a chord in me, and made my mind wander and think up characters for myself. I can only hope that im in. The San Antonio setting works for me as well.

Elven Sex Goddess

No dhampir.  I bring out my Pengalleon of yang imbalance Thrashing dragon from the southern courts.  I slice off any dangles and sew up any nasties.  Then I lope off your heads, and I go back to the simple cultured aspects of reaching enlightment.   Well not really,  I revel in the destruction of the coterie. 

And hmmm gives an idea.   :P

RubySlippers

What is wrong with Western Damphir they are technically vampires, ok not, but at least akin to Revenants with a really neat ability. Might be at least worth adding as npc at least if a vampire can find any in the game to work for them no small task.

sleepingferret

Hmmm.... after watching this post for a while and reading over things.  I'm thinking it might be just the type of game I've been looking for...I'll have to do a little reworking of his sheet, but with ST approval Tremere Primogen reporting for duty.

I'll have his concept, background, and sheet up in a day...two at most unless an emergency comes up at work.

Edit:  Forgot to mention, I started playing oWoD/V:tM in like 8th grade.... been sort of sporadic over the past few years, but my books are still around and the system is still mostly in my head.  I can have most of the quirky mechanics back with a "refresher" re-read of the books.  As for the requirement for Elder types to assist in the story, mechanics, and political aspects of the Camarilla I have no problems with that.  The political power play and moody whims of the Elders are what makes things go "bump in the night" after all.  Without that, the neonates would probably just be killed off by every fool who thought themselves to be the next Van Helsing or "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". :P     

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: sleepingferret on January 20, 2009, 05:44:12 PM
Hmmm.... after watching this post for a while and reading over things.  I'm thinking it might be just the type of game I've been looking for...I'll have to do a little reworking of his sheet, but with ST approval Tremere Primogen reporting for duty.

I'll have his concept, background, and sheet up in a day...two at most unless an emergency comes up at work.

Edit:  Forgot to mention, I started playing oWoD/V:tM in like 8th grade.... been sort of sporadic over the past few years, but my books are still around and the system is still mostly in my head.  I can have most of the quirky mechanics back with a "refresher" re-read of the books.  As for the requirement for Elder types to assist in the story, mechanics, and political aspects of the Camarilla I have no problems with that.  The political power play and moody whims of the Elders are what makes things go "bump in the night" after all.  Without that, the neonates would probably just be killed off by every fool who thought themselves to be the next Van Helsing or "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". :P    

Welcome warlock.   

Cuffs

I hate to ask for extra assistance, and if no one has the resources I need on hand in quick fashion, I'll continue to research, but I'm currently on a ship in the middle of the ocean, with limited bandwidth.  I have played before, have a Torie rockabilly type in my head already, and a Nos computer/surveillance type nerd, but I don't have a book out here with the info I'd need, and I can't download any programs that would help me out.  Any ideas, or links to the books?  I think either my ex wound up with my vtm books, or they're in a box somewhere.
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)

RubySlippers

Try this it has most of what you need.

http://www.geocities.com/malfisbymidnight/index.html Character Creation

http://wuzzle.org/~vampire/disc.html Disciplines Descriptions but Its Not Official In a Few

http://www.angelfire.com/de2/createvtm/merits2.html Merits/Flaws and Covers Some Information in the Other Two Sites

All should be printable if needed and other than that you need a character sheet for reference I can't help there.

sleepingferret

The above is probably the best idea, pdf scans of books even in black and white and file size reduced by a person like a graphic artist friend of mine who knows his way around Adobe stuff; the file sizes are going to be rather large for people with limited bandwidth.

Edit: But I can probably find pdf scans of the books if really needed, might take a while (or take a while to scan mine)... of all the things to kill a hard drive...a corrupted file wiped out my external drive's partition table while I was trying to help a friend transfer some files to a new computer.

Elven Sex Goddess

Thanks Rubyslippers and Sleepingferret for help with Adan request. 

Liliana

I'm definitely interested in joining this, in fact an oWoD game was something I was hoping to find when joining Elliquiy. I've been playing the system over a decade now on IRC and IRL so I know it fairly well. I could use one of my old characters, probably not the Tremere ex Primogen of New Orleans (she was Primogen until she accidentally got tossed 80 years into the future), but maybe my unusual Gangrel would work. In fact she may be an interesting though very unusual choice for Harpy. Keeper of Elysium would also be a possibility, but I'm happy with just playing her as a normal character as well. This would be my first RP here and some of the first forum based I've done so if no one minds that I'm game.

Also, I thought since some one ask I'd share this link, it has most everything you need to play Vampire

http://www.mirroruniverse.com/arcane/links.html

RubySlippers

I was thinking do we want to play all the other factions in the game the Sabbat would be better enemies run by the ST, and we could lump the Anarchs and Independents into one group to keep this simple. Just an idea.

Aragem

It's up to the Storyteller, it'll be a lot of keep up with. 

As I said, I'm studying up.  Especially on things that refer to my characters so I am well prepared.  And I'll do whatever I can to get this game running smoothly.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 21, 2009, 05:01:50 PM
I was thinking do we want to play all the other factions in the game the Sabbat would be better enemies run by the ST, and we could lump the Anarchs and Independents into one group to keep this simple. Just an idea.

Agree with the Indies and anarchs.    Right now Sabbath is closed as pc and sole province of ST.  As well as the occassion other supernatural type that may show up.  An indies are limited,   as the emphasis is to get  the cam off the ground. 

Quote from: Liliana on January 21, 2009, 04:32:13 PM
I'm definitely interested in joining this, in fact an oWoD game was something I was hoping to find when joining Elliquiy. I've been playing the system over a decade now on IRC and IRL so I know it fairly well. I could use one of my old characters, probably not the Tremere ex Primogen of New Orleans (she was Primogen until she accidentally got tossed 80 years into the future), but maybe my unusual Gangrel would work. In fact she may be an interesting though very unusual choice for Harpy. Keeper of Elysium would also be a possibility, but I'm happy with just playing her as a normal character as well. This would be my first RP here and some of the first forum based I've done so if no one minds that I'm game.

Also, I thought since some one ask I'd share this link, it has most everything you need to play Vampire

http://www.mirroruniverse.com/arcane/links.html

Welcome  :)

RubySlippers

Well as I see it for me I will have my active Ancilla, my Elder who is going to be a handful for the Prince and the rest of you as a NPC/Semi-PC and a Nosferatu I will bring out when I just want to have fun disgusting everyone silly. She is going to be occassionally active unless she is sought out. Go into her section of sewer at your peril however her Scaly Friend is rather protective unless she handles him. He doesn't mind eating vampires. They taste kind of like chicken.
;)

I plan a Setite Ancilla though later on following the Path of Ecstacy, after what fun is being among the so-called Damned if one can't have REAL fun.
;D

Aragem

A few questions:

Can the vampires of WoD have sex?  Though it isn't as enjoyable as drinking blood?  They aren't like Anne Rice vampires where it is all in the bite.

If not, since this is an E game, will we tweak it to allow them to have sex?

I honestly don't care, but I was curious all the same.

RubySlippers

Well they can feel pain so I would guess they could enjoy sexual things and there is the Merit most of us have in the game Eat Food/Enjoy Sex so just buy that I think its 1 Pt. At least I assumed so.

My Nos didn't take it but who the hell would want to fuck her anyway?  :D

Liliana

Once you go Nosferatu you never go back ;)

As for normal sex, a rule I've always heard, for males at least, is that they have to spend a blood point to "get it up" so to speak, directing their blood consciously to flow there. Some have said females spend a point too but I've never come up with a good reason for it, so I never had my Sabbat vampire that is sexually active bother. (she likes to "reward" her ghoul)

RubySlippers

Or you can buy that merit and go to town with Baby Face. But as far as I can tell any vampire on a path usually doesn't bother much in the regular rules but we are a bunch of pervs here.
:-*

Vandren

That's something addressed in the Ghouls book.  The implication there is that, regardless of whether Vamps can or cannot engage in sexual activity, they lack the hormonal drive.  Ghouls, on the other hand, have majorly enhanced hormones.  But, something like the modified "Eat Food" merit could cancel that out for Vamps.

RubySlippers

Yes but can it be enjoyable they may not orgasm per se if a vampire but it could feel good, like being on a stainy bed or a nice session of massage - they can feel pain I assume so pleasure should be possible.

Vandren

Here we go, the "official" word (Ghouls: The Fatal Addiction, p. 65):

"Unfortunately, though vampires may be sensual creatures, they are far from being sexual creatures, and ghouls want more than quick kisses or emotionless romps in the coffin [. . .] Vampires, no longer understanding sexuality but abstractly realizing its usefulness as a carrot/stick, often use sex as a motivator [. . .] Although vampires don't enjoy intercourse, many find that beating and whipping their ghouls into shape is an excellent catharsis for the Beast, and sexually submissive ghouls experience the orgasms of their lives when their domitors "punish" them for pleasure."  (emphasis mine)

Usually, for games of an adult nature, it's best to just throw this passage out, or get around it with Baby Face/Eat Food.

RubySlippers

I say toss out the fucking official rule and add Eat Food/Have sex or one can channel vitae. I take it Baby Face helps since the vampire body is "naturally" warmer than a corpse even if still cool.

Elven Sex Goddess

Hmmm, Selene seem to have no problem getting aroused and wet in Underworld Evolution.   Since this is a adult game, I will concur. 

To be able to orgasms the following merits will be needed:

* Baby face 

* Vitae fertility Chronicle Merit of San Antonio cost 4 pts male 2 pts female.  This merit taken with Baby Face merit.   In which the kindred vitae mimics to  such a degree.  Male kindred can impregnant mortals and female kindred of likewise.  While the female kindred can indeed become pregnant. This is not something that is turned on and off.  It is always on, so inherent dangers.  Especially since birth controls male or female do not work.  Of course you can be aroused, now.  This also has another connotation to game aesthetics.   Male or female now able to feel the mortal emotions of lust and arousal.  Which goes along with the hunger of blood.  A -2 is placed upon resists to seduction rolls against.   

Upon complication of a pregnancy as result of kindred in which inseminated or now is impregnated.  Especially in terms of the female.   One additional blood expenditure a night shall commence during the pregnancy. 

*Eat food  If this merit has been purchased by the female kindred.  The the complication of one additional blood a night.  Will be reduced to one addition blood every three days. 

The cost discrepancy for vitae fertility for male to female.  Is to counter, the inherent negatives for the female.   For if she does become pregnant.   A penalty of blood cost is assessed.    Where the male just walks away.    Plus to offset the cost of such blood expenditure.  The female can/have taken eat food merit.   Where such a feat for the male is not required. 

Alright folks what do you think?

RubySlippers

What if you are not fertile and female, my character just like getting funky with women - principle food source. Orgasm is kind of secondary in fact if it feels good in other ways that would be nice I take it that should be easier.

And what about 15th Generation Kindred they already can make babies and all?

Elven Sex Goddess

And they shall, through they do not need the merits.     I see it as a way for higher gens to be able to.  But do not want it abused.  If you want a character to feel.   It comes with all the traits described.    But then if your not into men.  That why should one worry.  That is unless you get caught.  :)   

RubySlippers

Your system has two huge problems vampires unless they are 15th Generation should not have babies. And more importantly the costs for that new merit which has little game value at all is utterly insanely high. You do know what merits fall in the 5 pt. range Jack of All Trades, a Boon so high the prince will grovel at your feet for holding it  if you add but 1 Merit Point, over their heads and almost enough for True Faith. As in really majorly advantageous merits.

I would keep this simple if you want erotic vampires they would need Baby Face 2 pts., Eat Food/Have Sex 1 pt. and burn a blood point to get the good feelings for a scene. Simple and reaonably priced with a small in-game cost.

Aragem

Gonna blow my mind with these merits!!!!   ;)

LOL, just kidding.

RubySlippers

Just a notice I'm dropping my Brujah Elder and Nosferatu, and utterly redesigning my Caitiff from the ground up.

Aragem

The Nosferatu "artist" with the bed gator?  Why?  I thought she was interesting.

RubySlippers

I have her stored away in a file, I feel one character for now is enough thats all.

sleepingferret

"Here's the records you requested.  But I don't think you're prepared for this Roberts."

"The son of bitch killed my brother and could have taken my sister, just give me the damn file."

Historical Record
Name: Lance VanZant
Born: February 13, 1708
Embraced: Exact Date not on File; Estimated in the early 1740s
Sire: Not on file

Not much is known of his mortal life, except that his family was the owner of successful wineries, breweries, and silk importing businesses.  The family businesses have evolved, changed, and expanded into several different interests in present day but they still exist.

Lance has seen three centuries of events pass by, from the formation of powers in Europe, the American Revolution, the American Civil War, both World Wars, to present day conflicts.  Interesting enough for someone born in the early 18th century, especially into an upper class society...he seems to have developed an affinity and interest over the years for evolving technology.  Particularly the evolution of the firearm...which is an curious note for a vampire.  While we have observed that the vampires have adopted to evolving ways, they seem to do so slowly and usually with resistance.  Lance on the other hand, seems to "keep up" with the times.

While we have no inside information on vampire society, it would seem that by best observations that over the years like his mortal family once did, he has risen to some sort of power.  While he spent most of the 19th century in the United States, he moved back to Europe and was found to have been in Italy for the better part of the 20th century.  It was only towards the later part of the 20th century that he was spotted in Los Angelos, California.  And now, there are unconfirmed rumors that he is in San Antonio.

Confirmed Hunters KIA
Nicole Anderson - February 6, 1930
Yavin Mihailov - December 15, 1998
Nick Roberts - July 27, 2000

These are the only ones we can confirm, with over three centuries of existence and his reputation there is bound to be more.  However, since the invention of the M1911 Colt pistol, Lance has rarely been seen without one.   The three confirmed kills were by M1911s or competitor models with similar ballistic characteristics.

--- End of File ---

"That's all we have?"

"That's it Sam, I know it isn't much...but I still say you shouldn't do this.  It was 8 years ago, and since then the Agency has had a strict policy about trying to go after this guy.  Nick was one of the best, I don't have to remind you of that."

Sam sighs, "I'm not going to loose my little sister.  Nick was my big brother and he believed in his cause.  I could have just grabbed his stuff I found at the house, but instead I called and am asking for your help."

--- Kindred Profile ---
Lance VanZant
Nature: Rogue
Demeanor: Competitor
Generation: 6th
Clan: Tremere

Humanity 6
Willpower 10
Blood Pool 30/30
BP Per Turn 6

--- Attributes ---

Strength - 3
Dexterity - 6
Stamina - 5

Perception - 3
Intelligence - 4
Wits - 3

Charisma - 2
Manipulation - 3
Appearance - 3

--- Abilities ---

Talents
Alertness - 3
Athletics - 2
Brawl - 3
Dodge - 3
Intimidate - 3
Leadership - 3
Streetwise - 3

Skills
Drive 2
Etiquette 3
Firearms 5

Knowledges
Academics 2
Computer 2
Finance 3
Occult 4
Politics 2

---Disciplines---
Auspex 2
Dominate 1
Thaumaturgy 7
- The Lure of Flames (primary path) 5
- The Path of Conjuring 3
Fortitude 1
Celerity 1

---Thaumaturgy Rituals---
Lvl 1
Defense of the Sacred Haven
Deflection of Wooden Doom
Devil's Touch
Rite of Introduction
Lvl 2
Blood Walk
Mourning Life Curse
Ward Versus Ghouls
Lvl 3
Noncorporeal Passage
Ward Versus Lupines
Lvl 4
Binding the Beast
Ward Versus Kindred
Lvl 5
Escape to a True Friend
Lvl 6
Ritual of Holding

---Virtues---
Self-Control 4
Conscience 2
Courage 5

---Background---
Age 2
Generation 5
Status (Camarilla) 4
Resources 7
Contacts 2
Retainers 1 (a mortal, well paid, well treated; the day time "CEO" of Lance's legal business interests)

---Merits/Flaws---
Prey Exclusion (1pt flaw) - children and elderly
Hunted (4pt flaw) - hey what can I say, I killed his brother and oops, are those fang marks on his sister's neck...but damn was she hot

Ambidexterity (1pt)
Acute Vision (1pt)
Corporation CEO (5pt)
Baby Face (2pt)
Vitae Fertility(4pt)
Eat Food(1pt)

---Freebies (20-9+55=70)---
Merits/Flaws -9
Age +55
Attributes: Dex 5
Abilities: Firearms 4, Occult 2
Disciplines: Fortitude 7, Celerity 7, Paths 7
Backgrounds: Resources 3, Contacts 2, Retainers 1

Humanity 20
Willpower 6
Courage 2

---Carried Equipment---
Customized Springfield Armory M1911A1 pistols (2)
6 spare magazines .45 ACP (3 silver, 3 AP incendiary)

Lance has permits for the M1911s well at least one pair; not all of his spares have registered permits.  He also conceal and carry permits for several states, although he carries regardless of state law.

---Other Notes---

As a multi-millionaire and owner of a corporation with its hands in everything from simple luggage manufacturing to weapons development he has access to anything within reason and somethings many would consider "out of reach".  His less than or completely illegal dealings not tied to his corporations..at least not by any paper trails also allow him access to both information and material things beyond the normal.

---Background Information the Tremere possess (as well as some notable/knowledgeable Camarilla Elders)---

Lance's sire was a rather rebellious, often moody, dangerous, yet still in her own way loyal to both the clan and the Camarilla.  Sarah Patterson, a fiery haired temptress some say, others say she was as wicked and scornful as the destruction she was capable of leaving in her wake.  On that fateful night for Lance, Sarah had been spending several weeks, just watching him....as she had been seeking a companion to spend eternity with, or so the stories say.  What followed that fated night of the Embrace, was several decades of an inseparable and unstoppable pair that could if they so desired by the end of their time together burn entire cities to the ground if they wanted.  They of course never did, but that isn't to say they didn't leave a trail of destruction behind.  However, most of it was at the request of orders passed down from the Seven or the Prince of whatever city they happened to be in at the time....most of it.  Some of it however, was their own doing...however necessary or not.

That was nearly two hundred something years ago though, and the world has changed.  As has Lance...well to some degree anyways.  He still has a bit of a rebellious air about him, but it seems more in control than Sarah's ever was; perhaps it's because of his mortal life to which he still has ties too and still uses to his advantage.  Or perhaps it's because Lance is just different in nature than Sarah...he's more cold and calculating, than outright wild.

As for Sarah, rumor has it shortly after the pair split up to avoid being caught by hunters around the turn of the 19th century, she slipped into torpor somewhere in Eastern Europe.  Lance of course has mostly been in the United States, since being Embraced...except for the 20th century where we can only guess he was searching or investigating rumors of Sarah.

Cuffs

Thanks indeed for the help, guys!  I'll be working on a char this weekend.  I've noticed several people mentioning Torie's, so if I have to make something different, I will, but this is a char I've had on paper, never go to actually play him, and I think he could be spifftacular.  I'll draw up the Nos, too, but I may only play one until he's really established...we'll see.  Thanks again!
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)

sleepingferret

I know we're trying to get the Camarilla setup and everything.  But at some point I would like it if someone would be interested in actually taking up the role of Sam Roberts.  A "newbie" hunter hell-bent on revenge for the loss of his brother and for the knowledge that his sister was "taken" advantage of.  Of course the sister role would be open as well, I suppose...although in my mind I haven't decided how twisted I wanted to be with it.  Should I push Sam completely over the edge so to speak and play it out so that the two fall in love and Lance turns her.  Or should she just be a scared young woman, that Sam is wanting to protect?

By newbie hunter, I mean that Sam is basically an everyday guy...that when he finds out how his brother was killed, what his brother did, and finds out about the whole "secret" world of vampires, werewolves, and such...he vows revenge and to take up his brother's cause.  First and foremost to kill Lance...which is impossible at first because well, he's a newbie and he's hunting down an Elder.  He's been told that in so many words, but he doesn't exactly get it...perhaps the two will have a few scraps in which neither really reveal much, except for the fact that "oh it's another hunter trying to kill me", Lance might try to teach Sam a lesson by leaving him alive and hurt with a warning just to leave him alone.  Perhaps puzzling Sam or perhaps angering him and driving him more.

Vandren

Hmm . . . I've been thinking and, if this actually takes off into IC posting at some point, I'll put in a bid for the Nosferatu Primogen.  Roughly 12-13 years oWoD experience under my belt, V:tM being the first WoD system I ever played.  :)

sleepingferret

Speaking of actual IC posting, any idea of an eta?  Sounds like we have a considerable interest base.... several people willing, able, and ready to go.

playfullchick76

I have the interest, but the points system, thats a bit beyond me, to be honest.

RubySlippers

Its not that hard if your new do a Neonate, the points are fewer and take a player as a Mentor, I suggest a clanless vampire a Caitiff since I'm willing to Mentor your character in the game. And they have the least crap to worry about. Since they are outside the Clan system fewer people are there to boss you around your more of a free agent.

I can help.

playfullchick76

If you are referring to me rubyslippers, id like that a lot, thank you. A clanless vampire,the character ive always had in mind was a newly embraced toreador, embraced against my will by a rogue one.He was punished but i was spared.Perhaps thats how it could work with me as a neonate.

If that works, then i would welcome any help that you could give me.

Elven Sex Goddess

RubySlippers

Quote from: playfullchick76 on January 25, 2009, 06:40:08 PM
If you are referring to me rubyslippers, id like that a lot, thank you. A clanless vampire,the character ive always had in mind was a newly embraced toreador, embraced against my will by a rogue one.He was punished but i was spared.Perhaps thats how it could work with me as a neonate.

If that works, then i would welcome any help that you could give me.

No problem you should consider the Flaw Infameous Sire a rogue scoundrel that would demand you look outside the clan for support for at least some time. I'll make my character available as your mentor if you buy that background for 1 dot. Ancillas are cheap that way. Well that would fit her background as no legitimate Toreador would brazenly rape your character is not from the Camarilla. (takes of rose colored sunglasses after saying that)

playfullchick76

Ok Ruby, i accept your kind offer, thank you. Bought for one dot, thank you.if thats how its done. Should i put my character description in the board.

RubySlippers

Well Mentors are important for a new Kindred, even if a streetwise Ancilla.

You can post it there lets see what you have already and we can work on your character.

For the Prelude aka Background she might have found you after your well rape and taken you in until we figured out what Clan you were. Are you going to be an Artist or a Poseur (a walking piece of art as in in the clan for your looks and social skills)? What concept?

playfullchick76

Ok, i'll put my characters background in the board.As to what to be, i could be an artist, having some skills, but not much interest in develloping it, but after my forced embrace, it rises up.

RubySlippers

You need a character sheet hon, I sent a spot to get the rules in a link and will assist. And I did a Toreador a gamer, yes a collectible game playing, role-playing, video/computer gaming and former game designer Neonate that is disabled and ,er, very nice to look at. So she can have a clan friend as well.
;)

Muse

Hi folks, i'm back for the nonce.  Have i been lost in the scramble? 

"Looks around for Mia."  Is my favorite ghoul still here? 

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Muse on January 31, 2009, 02:16:54 AM
Hi folks, i'm back for the nonce.  Have i been lost in the scramble? 

"Looks around for Mia."  Is my favorite ghoul still here? 

Welcome back.   An your ghoul has been quiet. 

The following is links.

Quote from: Asherah on January 25, 2009, 11:15:13 PM
Game boards up,  Character board,  OOC and Chronicle Rules.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=28832.0

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=28830.0

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=28829.0