News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Adventures in Azeroth (World of warcraft)

Started by Malgriff, September 08, 2010, 01:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malgriff

Im not sure of an exact story line but I want to try group role playing again and hope it works. Essentially I would like a group of players to play the race of their choice as you would in the actual game, with even ish amounts of horde and Alliance. Some event takes place where the group is forced to come together and afer a while relationships (Not all romantic) form and grow as they progress and they decide to try and convince the horde and alliance to unite (difficulties will persist otherwise it would be boring)  to defeat the lich king. If someone wants to play the king himself feel free.  If you don't allready know here is a list of the races and classes in world of warcraft

Alliance:
Dwarf
gnome
night elf
human
Dranei

Horde:
Undead
troll
Orc
Tauren
Blood elf

Classes:
Hunter
Warrior
death knight
rouge
paladin
mage
warlock
priest
shamen

here is a map of azeroth: http://wow.stratics.com/Flash/map.php

and here is the charcter sheet:

Name:
Appearence: (Description or image if you can get one)
Race:
Class:
Weapon(s):
Companion/pet: (if applicable not necessary)
Background/History:
Trivia on your character: (Habbits, likes/dislikes if they have a craft like taloring, cooking healing fishing etc)

pendarious

how extensive does our knowledge fo wow have to be for this? i mean i have quite a bit of understanding but i don't know much of the abilities and such since i dont' really play anymore and theyve changed a whole lot of stuff in the time that i havent played. most of what i know of the current wow comes from listening to friends talk about it.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Malgriff

Not much, you don't need to know the abilities but description during battle would cover that, and would be more realistic. so for example instead of Hunter uses aimed shot it would be "He took steady aim with his bow and launched his arrow"  so as long as you know how to fight it shouldn't be a problem, and summoning you dont need to use, pets can be on your person, following you, stabled or following at a distance till called. Mounts need to be lead when not in use though, or stabled somewhere too. Anyway here is my character.

Name: Allura
Appearence:
Race: Dranei
Class: Warrior
Weapon(s): Virgin protector sword and bulwark of the royal gaurd shield.
Companion/pet:  Black stallion mount.
Background/History: Abandned in the bay of storm after a ship her and her father were sailing on she was found by a Troll who took her to Orgrimmar where he was ambushed by night elves who took her back to Darnassus where she learned to be a Warrior. Despite her age she was one of the best trained there and set out on her own to explore Azeroth when she was called upon to go to Northrend ( http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/features/northrend/worldmap.xml ) To launch an attack on the Lich king's forces in the Borean Tundra.
Trivia on your character: Although she is well trained and capable Allura is still young and can often get side tracked . She enjoys playful moments but is very serious when facing a challenge. Often found playing with runes or sparring with friends. She will often play with her hair or her tail when she is nervous, embarresed or simply deep in thought.

pendarious

ok cool. well here is the character then:

Name: Mandalgren
Appearance: Tall Brown furred, Has horns that come out straight to either side for about 5 inches and then curve out in front of his face, He has Long braided hair that comes down in front of his shoulders with one braided beard at the base of his maw, he has a golden nose ring. He wears thick leather gauntlets, shoulder pads, a long covering leather robe sort of structure. He carries with him a two handed staff.
Race: Tauren
Class: Druid
Weapon: Halion Staff of forgotten love
companion pet: Black war kodo
Background/History: Mandalgren was born the same as any tauren in the land of Mulgore and raised by the elders of Thunderbluff in the arts of his choice. He wanted to be a druid. It was his life dream to become one of the guardians of the emerald dream. He trained hard and grew strong rapidly becoming a stout and proud young Bull. He learned all he could from thunderbluffs elders and then made his trip to moonglade to become a full fledged member of the Cenerion circle (i always spell that wrong forgive me). He became one of the youngest most talented members of the circle and was asked to represent the circle in the frozen tundra's of northrend to stop the lich king.
Trivia on your character: he often acts like an old man seeing as he was raised mostly by them. He is calm and collected though tends to grouch like an old man from time to time when he believes it is neccassary to do so. He isn't above acting childish from time to time but he mostly tries to uphold the proud elderly image he learned form the druids in moonglade. He will as mentioned act like his age or younger when he is tryng to relax. he likes taking naps and hates to be disturbed during them.

i hope this works.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Malgriff

Nice characer, me too, if you know anyone who likes wow let them know please ^^
Once we get at least two more peole I will open up an ooc thread and the role play thread

pendarious

well if i find someone on this site that does like wow then i'll tell 'em but so far i don't know.

Malgriff

uoheinrich

Name: Jamerian "James" Al'Ternaid
Appearence: James is 5' 11" and has brown hair and hazel eyes that tend to change periodically. He wears shining full plate and over that a tabard showing his allegiance to the Silver Hand. He has a long scar running across his chest from his shoulder down to his hip, though few rarely ever see it.
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Weapon(s): Last Word (mace) and Bastion of Resolve (Shield)
Companion/pet: Charger (Mount)
Background/History: Once a member of the Order of the Silver Hand, He was there when Arthas murdered King Terenas. He fled immediately as the other guards were either slain or pledged their loyalty to their new King. He was hunted until he made it safely back to the Order and gave his report to Uther. Under Uther's orders James left the Order and joined Jaina Proudmoore's expedition to Kalimdor. There he fought alongside Jaina and was a useful military commander. Having been there at the Oracle where Jaina met Thrall and Cairne, he knows the importance of having a permament alliance with the Horde. He hopes throughout all this that Stormwind will realize what is needed before it is too late. He has several friends throughout the Horde, mainly blood elves and a few Forsaken that he was able to recognize. Though he believes in what the Scarlet Crusade is trying to do he does not appreciate the method in which they are doing it. Nor is he fond of the Lady Sylvannus and her attempts to kill Arthas. He still has a mistrust of the Orcs because of the shaky past with them but does hope that he will get past this.
Trivia on your character: He is very temperamental when it comes to the way that some Paladins choose to act, He tries to emulate Uther in the fact that he was always of good humor but was serious when it came down to business. He has no contact with the remnants of the Silver Hand after they joined the Crusade. He has some skills in healing and likes to do some smithing from time to time, preferring to do it when he is angry so he can pound out the metal. He absolutely loves to eat and hates it when people are picky about what they have to eat being as few have ever had army rations.
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Malgriff

pendarious

uoheinrich

I used to play WoW alot. and I owned all of the original rts warcraft games as well.
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

pendarious

ive played all the RTS's and i've had plenty of experiance with wow. but yeah your pally kicks arse.

uoheinrich

Hah. He actually a character I'm using for a DnD campaign similar to this one. And its in the WoW setting too. The only difference is that the DnD character is the Lord of Southshore.

uoheinrich

uoheinrich

Hey you guys find anyone else that was interested... I didn't....

Krayz

Malgriff

not to be rude but can you not advertise your rp in someone els's thread.

i havent found anyone but I will start the thread anyway people can come in later.

Krayz

Sorry man, I wasn't trying to cause trouble :(

Malgriff

im not having a go it's just a bit rude to avertise in someone elses space you know?

Krayz

I know, and I didn't mean it like that.

What I should have done is PM'd you the link. I just thought I'd offer, since you were interested in a Warcraft RP. Sorry, man.

Drako

Still looking for players? If you are, I think I might throw some fun into this and make a tauren dk.

uoheinrich

Drako

Name: Antinonco

Appearance: Raven black fur, icy blue eyes, forward sweeping white horns with black tips. Taller than the average tauren. Wears a mismatching pieces of armor he's either made or earned.

Race: Tauren

Class: Death Knight

Weapon: Ebon Blade of Disease (Didn't know if we were making up names for weapons or what but basically two handed sword)

Companion/Pet: Deathcharger named Dirk and a ghoul named Bonecrusher

Background/History: Antinonco was probably born in Mulgore among his Tauren brothers but he doesn't remember. All he remembers is waking up in the Acharius(sp?) with a whispering voice telling him to kill. When he woke from that nightmare, regret sat deep with him for killing so many that had never done anything to him. Once more in the service of the Horde, he uses his abilities in service of Thrall and High Chieftain Bloodhoof. If the records he found in the Hall of the Brave are correct, he was only dead and in the service of the Lich King for a couple of years, and was once a druid, which is probably why he doesn't look as pallid and decayed as some of his fellow Death Knights.

Trivia on your character: Antinonco, while normally calm, is quick to stand up for what he believes in. Often teased by other death knights because of his armor. Often talks to Bonecrusher, even if the ghoul doesn't do more than grunt in response but what do you expect from a rotting corpse. Finds fishing to be a good way to pass the day from time to time and often gives what he catches to the first people he encounters after a day of fishing. Likes Kodo jerky and mint tea.

Malgriff