Mafia Murder Theater: Casting of Romeo and Juliet - The Thespians Win!

Started by desert ashes, July 23, 2010, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert ashes

On Stage: "Murder most foul, as in the best it is. But this most foul, strange, and unnatural." (Lynch vote.)

Cast and Crew
Rolin (1) - Goober
thirteenhearts (1) - Remiel
Xandi (1) - Imogen
Aiden
Goober
Imogen
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Remiel
risingdemon
Valerian

Still Voting: Aiden, Kyrsa, Marguerite, risingdemon, Rolin, thirteenhearts, Valerian, Xandi

Call Backed: 6 Thespians, 1 Director, 1 Stage Manager and 3 Understudies
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Autumn52

As Xandi grieved for poor Natalia she was reminded of the grief the nurse felt at Juliet's passing.....(well what she thought was her passing)

"O lamentable day!
She's dead, deceased, she's dead; alack the day!
O lamentable day!
O woe! O woful, woful, woful day!
Most lamentable day, most woful day,
That ever, ever, I did yet behold!
O day! O day! O day! O hateful day!
Never was seen so black a day as this:
O woful day, O woful day!"

After speaking the lines with true hurt and grief she looked at Imogen who had accused her of such a hateful act and said, "Natalia was the perfect Juliet, I would never destroy such an artist as her. I aspire to be as she was, but not to take the part that was surely to be hers. But to pay homage to her beauty and talent. You on the other hand were offend by her lack of interest in your sexual advances. So perhaps a lover scorned would be a more appropriate place to look for the guilty,
I believe Imogen has reason to have wanted the beautiful Natalia's death.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

thirteenhearts

"O deadly sin! O rude unthankfulness!
Thy fault our law calls death; but the kind prince,
Taking thy part, hath rush'd aside the law,
And turn'd that black word death to banishment:
This is dear mercy, and thou seest it not."

Thirteen was seated in the lobby rehearsing parts of the script when the screams and cries of prop hands, fellow actors and sound technicians echoed in the theater.  She dropped her script on the floor and raced to where she heard the commotion.  A young man who was working on the lighting whispered to her that a fellow actor was found murdered in the theater.  A ghostly chill ran through Thirteen's body; she had heard about the strange happenings and stories of hauntings in the old building.

But who could have done such a vile thing?  Earlier in the day she had seen Imogen in the restroom scrubbing at a dark stain on her shirt but paid no mind to it.  Could she have had something to do with Natalia's murder?

Valerian

Val was torn.  It was impossible to believe that Rolin, thirteen, Xandi, or Imogen would have done something so horrible, but the same could be said of everyone here.  She might not know everyone here well, but she knew them all by reputation, at least, and she couldn't imagine any of them being so ruthless.

Still, everyone was expected to speak up, and she'd have to choose someone.  If she didn't, they might think she was responsible!  She hesitated, then finally said, "Maybe risingdemon knows something.  I did hear she was even more envious of Natalia than most of us are."  She clung to her already faintly battered script, looking around at her fellow thespians.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Tharic

A single tear slipped down Rolin's right cheek, thinking back to all of the time he had spent with Natalia.  He took a deep breath, pulling his purple leg warmers up, then stood slowly. He still couldn't believe Natalia was dead.

Who could have done such a thing?

He couldn't imagine anyone doing such a thing.. He sighed again, slowly wiping the tear off of his cheek. "If it must be someone, I can only agree, perhaps it was Imogen."

Imogen

Imogen calmly shook her head. "I wasn't me. Accusing me would be a dire mistake. We are all in the dark as to who it might have been, but I strongly suggest you look elsewhere for your accusations."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

On Stage: "Murder most foul, as in the best it is. But this most foul, strange, and unnatural." (Lynch vote.)

Cast and Crew
Imogen (4) - Xandi, thirteenhearts, Rolin, Marguerite
Xandi (3) - Imogen, Kyrsa, Izu
Izu (1) - Valerian
Rolin (1) - Goober
thirteenhearts (1) - Remiel
Aiden
Goober
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Remiel
Valerian

Still Voting: Aiden

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Marguerite

Marguerite rubbed at her eyes, bleary from the party which happened in one of the booths. She only heard about the death a few minutes ago and wondered if there was a murderer trying to remove anyone who got in their way of obtaining a great part. "I can only think of voting for Imogen who looks as if a few might have Intel and not giving it around to save the rest of us."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Kye

Kyrsa paced back and forth, looking from one suspect to another with a sad shake of her head.  "How are we to know who it could be?  There's no evidence to point at any one of us that I know of..."  With a dramatic sigh her eyes stop on Xandi.  "Please don't take it personally... I simply don't know who to choose..."

Imogen

She lofted a brow at Marguerite.

"I highly doubt anyone is better informed than myself, or would be, if I had more time to review the props and see where the dagger had come from. Once again, I urge you all to accept it would be highly foolish to lay the blame on me."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Izu

Izu simply stared at one point, his face pale, eyes filled with tears, unable to believe that the lovely Natalia had been murdered. Who would do anything like this? And just for a role? For he guessed that the murderer had envied Natalia and wanted her place... So... it had to be a woman... He looked around all the women's faces, finding all of them looking suspicious (or maybe he was just a little bit paranoid (which he totally was)). Biting on his bottom lip as he tried to gather his courage to speak up, he only managed to mumbled a quiet 'Xandi'...

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Aiden

thirteenhearts
(Totally spaced on this, I didn't book mark it! >.<)

Imogen

Imogen threw her hands up in despair and rolled her eyes heavenwards. "If you want a better chance to find out who has done this, it would be a good idea to vote someone else."

No one seemed to hear any of her words, however, and so she sat down at a desk backstage, and penned a letter to her agent, detailing what should be done with the money owed to her for partaking in this play. Most of the benificiaries were charity organizations, but she did urge her agent to ensure no money was sent to acting schools or drama classes. That latter was tripple underlined.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

Although Xandi had been convinced of Imogen's guilt in the beginning she now believe that someone else was guilty. And while changing her vote would only partially help Imogen she had to try. It would also make things more harmful for her own life but she could not sentence an innocent person to die.

I believe we have all be mislead. I thought that Imogen was guilty at first too, but now I truly believe that ThirteenHearts has tricked us all. I believe that Imogen has much to offer to the success of finding the true murders. Please I beech you, help me save Imogen.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Imogen

"I too change my vote to Thirteenhearts", Imogen said quietly.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
thirteenhearts (4) - Remiel, Imogen, Xandi, Aiden
Imogen (3) - thirteenhearts, Rolin, Marguerite
Xandi (2) - Kyrsa, Izu
Izu (1) - Valerian
Rolin (1) - Goober
Aiden
Goober
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Remiel
Valerian

The fair Imogen's fate seemed doomed, indeed, as the cast and crew waited to hear a name from Aiden, when the tides of suspicion and ill will suddenly changed.  Unable to hold back those who now cast her in such a murderous light, thirteenhearts knew her time on stage had come to a rather bittersweet end.  One by one the stage lights fell to a hushed dim until only a single spotlight remained on the woman destined to be the Lady Capulet. 

"O me! This sight of death is as a bell

That warns my old age to a sepulchre."

The noose that swung down from the catwalk, seeming to fall with clever precision, came the moment the words had left her lips, ringing out clearly to the back of the theater; a moment later, the hidden floor beneath her swept down, and Lady Capulet -- to be played by the Understudy thirteenhearts -- was no more.  The Thespians could breathe a sigh of relief for they were a little more safe now going into the next act -- almost. 

One Understudy had been uncovered ... but what of the others?

The spotlight faded.

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

Imogen rubbed her neck and swallowed thickly, exchanging a glance with a Xandi. "Thanks", she said quietly, not quite able to suppress a shiver. She supported herself with one hand on the table, and stared at the empty space where thirteenhearts had been in numb shock.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

All was not quiet within the de Chantal Theater as the lights withheld their flare, the cast and crew taking shelter within the booths, each other, and knowing they were being watched, analyzed -- their fates were being held by foreign hands, whether they trusted them or not.  Unfortunately for one of the cast and crew, those hands were cut away.  With but a subtle turn of a knob, the house lights briefly flared, signaling the start of Act 2, and the curtains rose.  On stage left a lone candle flickered, its quiet light softly illuminating the wooden chair and its slumped occupant.  With an empty jug of wine in hand, Mercutio's sword at his feet, the Thespian Aiden lay cold and starved of life, his eyes bugged wide and one hand caught on the thick rope twined around his neck. 

The Understudies had struck again.

Cast and Crew
Aiden — Thespian/Mercutio, Killed, Act 1 (Night)
Goober
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Remiel
Rolin
thirteenhearts — Understudy/Lady Capulet, Lynched, Act 1 (Day)
Valerian
Xandi

Call Backed: 5 Thespians, 1 Director, 1 Stage Manager and 2 Understudies
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Autumn52

Xandi grieved for Aiden, her would be Romeo. How could anyone murder such an artist. He was handsome, talented, and wow could he KISS.

She looked around the room at the other actors and focused her attentiion on Goober. He was always jealous of Aiden. Xandi Looked at Goober and said, "Why, Why Goober? Why did you kill Aiden, he was such a fine man."

Her weeping took over and she ran off the stage.

Goober

Puzzled at Xandi's actions Goober stares at Xandi open-mouthed. Goober turned to the rest of the population gathered. "I don't know why Xandi thinks I, of all people, would want to kill Aiden. Why, I barely even know him...and would have liked to get to know him better..."

Hmm, I think the killer might be Rolin...
1. "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."- Oscar Wilde
2. "Men are like steel. when they lose their temper, they lose their worth." :-)
- Chuck Norris
3. "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
4. "A word to the wise isn't necessary."
5. And finally..."I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
- A. J. Liebling

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Goober (1) - Xandi
Rolin (1) - Goober
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Remiel
Valerian
Xandi

Still Voting: Imogen, Izu, Kyrsa, Marguerite, Remiel, Rolin, Valerian

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

Imogen listened quietly to both Goober and Xandi, and turned away, a crease of worry marring her brow. Her gaze fell to Mercutio's abandoned sword. In the play Tybalt had killed Mercutio. Had Goober not been eager to take up that part?

Coincidence?

Perhaps, but the subconscious is an odd instrument. It shows more than one is willing to reveal.

"I think Xandi might be on to something. I believe Goober killed Aiden."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Tharic

Rolin sighed softly, shaking his head at Goober's accusation of him yet again. "I'm sorry, but you are mistaken. In an attempt to divert the spotlight from you, you attempt to shine it on me. I believe it was you, Goober, who killed Aiden."

Remiel

Remiel sighed.  "I didn't know that thirteenhearts was capable of such a notorious deed, but now it makes sense.  She was always jealous of my..." and here he struck his best William Shatner-esque pose.

"...Incredible!

Acting!

... ... ...

...  Talent!"

He glanced sidelong at Imogen and Xandi.  "I have no idea what transpired between Imogen, Aiden, and Xandi, but, obviously, as they were correct about thirteenhearts, methinks I shall cast my lot in with them, for now.  Goober, I'm afraid your career with the Grand de Chantal Theatre is over."

Glancing down at the crotch of his tights he noticed that the sock had slipped a bit to the left.  He turned around, blushing, and surreptitiously adjusted it.

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Goober (4) - Xandi, Remiel, Rolin, Imogen
Rolin (1) - Goober
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Remiel
Valerian
Xandi

Still Voting: Izu, Kyrsa, Marguerite, Valerian

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin