I've yet to figure out how to do those pic sigs...

Started by Talra Di Deliren, January 29, 2014, 11:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talra Di Deliren

I see a lot of profile sigs that have pictures that lead to their threads such as O/Os. I know how to do picture links but it won't work on the sig whenever I try to update it. If I am supposed to use the wiki, then you got me lost. I dunno how to use that no matter how many times I try. I'm not completely net friendly and it did take me a while to get used to this code way of writing things. Not that I am complaining, it's actually fun ^_^
"Sometimes we let people treat us wrongly because we want to be loved and accepted so badly that we'd do anything for it. It hurts to know that no matter how much you try, how much you want it, they can't love or accept you as you are. Then you hate all that time you wasted trying to please them and wonder what it is about you that is so awful that they can't at least pretend to love you."
-Bride - Night Play - Dark Hunter series-
*Please always check the last posts of my A/As before messaging or never responding back*

Beguile's Mistress

consortium11

You do have to use the wiki, but it's a lot simpler than it sounds.

Download the image you want to use, click on the Wiki tab, scroll down to the "upload file" link on the left, click on it, upload the image (all self-explanatory). The use the now uploaded image's URL to do a standard picture link in your sig as you would anywhere else.

Dovel

What BeMi and consortium11 suggested should be helpful, but if you are still stuck on the code or how to upload the image just send me a PM and I can walk you through it.
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Talra Di Deliren

Hmm...anyone know where I can download a good photoshop app that doesn't come with stupid other things I don't want on my PC?

BTW Thank you all for the tips, trying out how these things work lol.
"Sometimes we let people treat us wrongly because we want to be loved and accepted so badly that we'd do anything for it. It hurts to know that no matter how much you try, how much you want it, they can't love or accept you as you are. Then you hate all that time you wasted trying to please them and wonder what it is about you that is so awful that they can't at least pretend to love you."
*Please always check the last posts of my A/As before messaging or never responding back*

Beguile's Mistress

If you need it for resizing and cropping images lots of us use photobucket.com.

Talra Di Deliren

Well more like how Krysia did hers.... I dunno where she got her adobe photoshop at and I'd very much like to use that.

Kythia

GIMP is, to the best of my understanding, effectively a free version of photoshop.  You can find it easily enough on Google - even easier if you turn on safe search ;D

Caeli

I've used Pixlr Editor (a free online editor) to great effect many times.  Photoshop has a lot of bells and whistles that you really don't need, and can accomplish with the same or similar tools on other programs.

http://pixlr.com/
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

consortium11

Quote from: Talra Di Deliren on January 29, 2014, 04:41:47 PM
Hmm...anyone know where I can download a good photoshop app that doesn't come with stupid other things I don't want on my PC?

BTW Thank you all for the tips, trying out how these things work lol.

Photoshop you unfortunately have to pay for (and a fairly significant amount) but there are good other options:

GIMP is likely the most powerful free image editor. It's got a bit of a learning curve but you can do some great stuff with it; pretty much everything Photoshop offers.

Paint.net can do all the basic stuff really well but isn't quite as powerful as GIMP. That said, it's really easy to use and if you're just doing basic image editing it will do everything you want.

If all you want are the very basics (resizing, adding basic text etc) then there are a lot of free online picture editors that can use. The Pixlr Editor Caeli linked to is actually pretty powerful for an online program so may be a good option if you don't want to download anything.

Oniya

If you want to do fancy stuff like transparent edges (so you can make funky shaped pictures without having a white box show up around them), then I'd also recommend GiMP.  I've used Photoshop before, and honestly picked up GiMP pretty quickly.

And, of course, free!

(Adobe = $$$$)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Talra Di Deliren

YAY! I made me my sig! Looks nice with what I got but I wished it could be better... Thank you all for your help in understanding this ^_^ very much appreciated.

Beguile's Mistress

I like it and now that you have it done you get to play with it, tweak it, and do all sorts of things to it! ;D

Dovel

Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Talra Di Deliren

I'm gonna try other things and make it look better ^_^ Thanks all.