The Love of a Reaper

Started by WeepingLiberty, June 27, 2014, 05:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeepingLiberty

Please enjoy the first little snippet of my story.  :-)

Character List
Here is the list of characters(and their inspirations) that show up throughout the story. Whenever a new, major character is introduced I will add their name and a picture(here if I get accepted or in other spoiler tags). I do not own any of the artwork and do not claim it as my own original work, they serve as a muse for the creation of my original characters.
~Lucy~ ~Leo~ ~Kora~ ~Sam~

There was something about her eyes that night, a small something that flashed behind them as the raindrops rolled down her face. It wasn't something mean or cruel as many were, or even sad as many should have been, but happy and full of hope. One could tell that she saw the joys of life despite death and despair being the only things standing before her in that moment. He couldn't be sure but he thought he saw her look at him instead of through him as everyone else did, he could have sworn that she smiled in the dark as she cried for those who were lost and for a split second, he thought he felt his heart beat.

~Lucy~

School had been in session for only a few weeks and Lucy was already wishing for summer vacation. The air was getting noticeably crisper, leaves were changing colors before breaking away, clothes getting warmer and complaints of homework assignments could be heard on every street corner. With her backpack slung over her shoulder and ear buds blasting her favorite music, the brunette senior began her march home from school. It was one of those safe neighborhoods where children ran out into the streets unattended, doors were hardly ever locked and sidewalks were always cleared and clean. Trees lined the suburban road to create a beautiful tunnel of green in the springtime and fire in the autumn sunset. Every so often Lucy breathed in the scent of spices from busy kitchens, smells that were both comforting and tantalizing. No such smells would be wafting from her kitchen window but she didn't mind all that much, she liked the smells better than the food anyway. The walk from her school to her house was so simple, Lucy could almost close her hazel eyes and continue on, often considered it too if not for the fear of falling asleep while standing.

Even over the chorus of White Rabbit, Lucy could hear her name being shouted behind her, brown curls bouncing as she swung around to face the inevitable. "What's up Kora?" She raised an eyebrow as she removed the music from her ears, staring down the pouting redhead. "Do you know how silly I look running down the road calling a name that no one is responding to?" Kora shut her bright green eyes and took a deep breath before speaking again. "So where were you headed anyway?" Lucy shrugged, pulling the headphones out of her phone and tucking them into a pocket on her backpack. "I was thinking about just heading home. Why? Do you have something better in mind?" Kora smiled widely and nodded. "Yeah, Sam and I were planning on going to that cute little diner in town. I wanted to know if you'd go with us?" Lucy looked around but she didn't see the strange, blue-haired girl anywhere. "Speaking of Sam, where is she? I don't see her." Kora flicked her hand as if to dismiss the thought of their mutual friend. "I sent her ahead to save a seat for us. So are you coming or what?" Lucy sighed with a small smile on her lips. "Yeah sure, whatever." Kora jumped up and down with a delighted squeal, directing Lucy in the direction she had come from. "Why didn't you just text me? It would have been better than running up behind me looking like an idiot." Lucy looked down at her phone screen, texting her father that she'd be home late. "If I texted you, you would probably make up some lame excuse like you have lots of homework. This way I know you'll go." Lucy shook her head. "I do have lots of homework, you know. It's not too late for me to turn around and go home." Kora responded by grabbing her wrist and yanking her forward. "Oh yes it is. You're not going anywhere until I say you can." The pair laughed as they walked side by side toward Main Street.
ONs/OFFs & Absences<---Updated 9/8

Baneare

I like this scene. Nice description of the character without being all "Here's my stats, love me!", LOL. I'd love to see where you go with this. Not many places use a "Cute little diner in town" anymore...
Apologies and Absences, some Things about me, and current posts owed: ?. Posting speed: 1-3 days.