Looking for some diversity! [M for MxF/FxF pairings, writer gender irrelevant]

Started by Gremgoblin, November 14, 2019, 04:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gremgoblin

Please PM instead of responding to this thread.
Looking for MxF pairings -- writer gender irrelevant. I can play female or male.

Hi, fine folks!

Over the time spent on this fine roleplaying site I've been looking for some more diverse casts. Unfortunately thus far I have had little success, and the best way to amend this is probably to make a dedicated thread for it. I'm all for white women, but when everyone roleplay is a matchup of 'standard white guy faceclaim' opposite 'standard white girl faceclaim' I get a little visually bored. I also get little chance to play anything other than a white man (not necessarily a problem, but a little boring perhaps), so I'm using this as a chance to broaden my horizon in that regard as well.

So in short; what am I looking for?

• Characters of different races (African-American, Ashkenazi, Arab, Persian, etc)
  • Characters of different faiths (Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, etc)
  • Characters that do not fit the 'norm' in terms of what is usually played (i.e. anything but bog-standard white (wo)man faceclaims, etc)
  • A mixture of the above

What am I not looking for?

• Playing an African-American male walking-talking ghetto stereotype to your white woman
I am looking for interesting and appealing matchups, not a way to live out your BBC-fetishization.

And to put it into visuals: think this or this and not this.

In terms of pairings, there really is a lot we can do with this and they don't have to focus on the differences between the characters (if there are any). For the most part, my setting interests are not that hard to follow; I play historical and modern day roleplays. Fantasy and sci fi are fine and well but need a bit of convincing to make them work. I find that in these settings there is already plenty to work with, so I will leave the rest to your imagination -- yes yes, very lazy of me, but to be frank I am not particularly picky in terms of pairing/plot, and am willing to give anything a shot as long as it makes sense. What makes or breaks an RP to me is the partner I am writing with.

't Moedige, bloedige, woedige swaerd
    Blonck en het klonck, dat de vonken daeruijt vlogen.
    Beving en leving, opgeving der aerd,
    Wonder gedonder nu onder was nu boven;

Gremgoblin

I am currently looking to play against a character that is muslim and wears hijab or another form of muslim clothing intended to cover her. I am flexible in what I can play opposite her but would prefer to play a white man. Some ideas I had for a plot like this would be;

• Romeo and Juliet style forbidden love - neither family approves
  • A non-con scenario that turns into forced betrothal and marriage
  • Perhaps something that comes from a mutual appreciation for the others' race and religion?

Gremgoblin

I've had a few bites but nothing long term has been established as of yet so I'm opening spots again.  ;D

Gremgoblin

Similarly to before, I've had a few bites but have some spots available still. Would like something that really hits me in the enthousiasm and makes me want to start writing stuff up for you right away!