Interest Check: Legendary Monsters (3.5 DnD)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, November 30, 2014, 01:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Quote from: Snake on December 04, 2014, 01:33:50 PM
Paragon can also just be a flux of genetics or coincidence by description of the template in the epic level handbook. And Vampire? Perhaps she was a worshipper of the Evening Glory (in libris motris, believes in immortality through undeath for the sake of love.) but in this char's case: it didn't go the way she hoped. and basically went on a rampage.

still brainstorming.

Kunoichi: Love, plain and simple. blinded by love for a mortal that led her to give heaven the finger.

Ooh, that sounds interesting. ^^ If you picked up undead leadership, you could have your character's lover as her cohort.  And also get a nice undead army to do your bidding...

Zaer Darkwail

Indeed it can be genetics, odd faith or blessing somesort. Paragon creatures are rare either case. Rarest besides abominations (the epic book ones). Becoming gestalt though takes a deed clearly as it's achieved by gaining great power (not born with it). Your more unique as you got three paths (basically tripled normal power which infuses your legendary monstrous proportions). Your most unique monsters in entire cosmos! Think it that scale when design legends.

You can keep leadership or undead leadership (which either one got free as vampire lord as you do need fill requirements) but the fact is you have been imprisoned....think old as cosmos itself. Several prime worlds have been born and destroyed since your were sealed by overgod (may it be Ao or whatever it's called). So any followers or lovers are long gone unless they have become immortal also.

Vampire lord case lover can be a vampire who is still around. My own ruling that any cohort must not be 'crafting machine' but anything else is okay to go. Also your cohort is 12th level as yourself and you got then choice; either gestalt (two path version) or a paragon creature with single class level.

Sain

Thanks Kunoichi, that feat looks pretty strong for this. Raging is a bit risky decision with any caster gestalt. Going to have to look if I can afford those attack enhancing items after getting the basic stuff to get immunity for everything.

How do we interpret psicrystals' hit die and feats by the way?

I didn't realize we were monsters of cosmic scale :o Was thinking of going with some sort of "designer of legendary puzzles/world wonders/dungeons" for the core concept but I guess it could be turned into designer of extra-dimensional mazes and crazier places too?
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Zaer Darkwail

You could take rage mage PrC levels and able rage and cast spells same time :P. Anyways yes, your legendary monsters in planar/cosmic scale. No one else is tri-path gestalt paragon creatures (and strong monster base). So designer of cosmic planar mazes/dimensions is very possible.

However, one way or another, you all were sealed up tight by overgod because your very existence (not deeds) was too dangerous to let be. Including benevolent monsters. Overall though story starts in that you were released from the 'seal' overgod placed you in and tells reason why he releases bunch of 'super legendary monsters' loose in cosmos once more. There are still legends of your deeds, some warped, changed, diminished or even over exaggerated ones (or some weird changes to them and most folks count it mere myth, fairy tail even).

Snake

Well I'm working on the legend. though I'm not entirely sure what would be good for it.

I've made other options too like the upgrade from the drow campaign Zaer: Drow+ half-deep dragon+lolthtouched+paragon basicaly.

Why are they a legendary monster? They started taking Dragon HD (as half dragon gives you the dragon type and thus able to take it I believe. Or I have room for a bi tmore since drow is +2, Half dragon +3, Lolth touched +1CR)

Or one I've worke don that I"d need a bit of DM approval for

Draconic +Human + Lemorian (instad fo inherited it's a template that means they were transformed into a half-fiend) paragon that's got sorc levels and pact bound adept to a self-made dragon deity. That's basically an incarnation of chaos (easily filled by Tiamat.)  This char is literally meant as a world destroyer.

(that last one I really wanted to d. he's a two weapon user specializing in a spiked gauntlet and longsword. his gauntlet is unholy+anarchic+flaming blast+5)

Zaer Darkwail

As said before; if I am GM (which week for now) I do not allow adding any subtype HD unless your base creature already possess it. Want dragon HD? Make a dragon or pick other dragon base creature which has HD (like rage drake). Or which converts it (like bugbear half-dragon converts monstrous humanoid dice to dragon hit dice).

Anyways no extra room; you pick base creature, pick one inherited template + one added template. However you could be drider Lolth-touched (6 HD + 4 LA + 1 LA from lolthtouched) example.

Also remember you got 200,000gp but only half of it is spend to any single item and it must be iconic part of your legend....so in short +10 weapon is out of reach (but a +10 armor is and +5 weapon). The iconic item may grow in power later in the game but rest items do not.

Snake

Ok understood but what about that last option?

That's an inherted template + applied template? the enchantment son the item are largely a moot point. Anarchic + flaming is good enough.

I'm torn between the vamp lord one and the world annihilator chars >< it sucks cuz I generated like 3-4 chars for this in outline in like an hour.

Zaer Darkwail

What is Lemorian? Is it base creature? If so then it does not work. If it's template, is it about added on birth or added through event (like becoming lich, vampire etc).

indarkestknight

I would note that the half-dragon template does increase your HD size but doesn't alter your base attack bonus or saves. So those advanced HD would still be the same as your base type's base attack bonus and saves, and your HD size would be one larger.

I do think that the racial paragon classes, like half-dragon paragon, might make sense for the 'racial' path, but it's up to Zaer whether he'd allow you to take those as part of your core racial path instead of your physical or mystical might paths.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I allow racial paragon levels added on the third part (being monster). So you could be tiefling + dark creature + tiefling paragon. It has perks as many paragon classes give nice skill sets or feats or stat boosts.

As house rules though; half-dragon paragon gets in 3th level ability use breath multiple times like dragon does (but dmg remains same).

Snake

Lemorian is sort of a transformation template like a lich or vampire. Usually it's unwilling, like a demon or devil favors you for your power and thinks you'd be more useful as a partial demon instead of a human servitor.

Zaer Darkwail

Oh, that case it's okay. Draconic + Human + Lemorian.

Snake

So yeah I'm just torn. Between which is better.

I haven't used my Masako character in a long time and I want to (tiefling vamp) but Jean is fairlynew and I have a good story for him.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you got week time to decide or even think third concept :P. No need for sheets until GM is finalized.

Snake

Haha. Question is how much leeway do you think there'd be for hentai fun here? That might play a part in which i Pick

Zaer Darkwail

If I GM there is plenty of chances and some plots may even focus on it  ^-^

But besides that I let players decide their smut content and ideally make it occur in separated thread and keep main thread for plot and story.

Kunoichi

I suppose that this is a good point to note that this is the picture I'm thinking of using for my character's appearance. :P

indarkestknight

Sain

Lol! Way to go indar... And here I was planning on going full sphinx

Snake

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmmm, sphinx are usually female but I can allow exceptions....more so as your paragon creature so your unusual already. Anyways I allow paws work like that (sphinx front paws are more hands anyways).

Anyways nice vamp queen there also ;).

Sain

That's a female sphinx though xD At least according to the artist. I do like his take on not adding human breasts on a creature that doesn't possess a human torso.

Snake

youc ould add Tauric to it or the paragon gives yourchar a humanoid upper body unless you specifically want a fully monstrous sphinx type

Zaer Darkwail

*peers closely*

Hmmmm, the face is definitely femine. I kind of thought her like a male elf with delicate features but I can see the female in her. Sorry, my bad :P. I always think breasts = female but in sphinx it's quite good take as they do not have human torso. Albeit in official DnD art of sphinxs they do have tits. But myself would had used GENZOMAN edition