Journey Interest Check

Started by LeSane, June 13, 2014, 11:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeSane

Story as a whole
Given by this source
Journey's story is told wordlessly through in-game and pre-rendered cutscenes. The player's character begins on a sand dune in a seemingly endless desert. In the far distance looms a large, foreboding mountain with a glowing crevice that splits its peak. As the character moves towards the mountain, they find remnants of a once-thriving civilization, eroded by sand over time. Scattered throughout the ruins at the end of each area are stones at which the traveler rests; these give the traveler the vision of meeting a larger, white robed figure in a circular room, with art on the walls describing the rise and fall of the civilization, mirroring the player's journey.

The player continues to journey deeper into the remains of a once sprawling city at the base of the mountain. Eventually making it safely to the mountain, the traveler begins to climb it, struggling as they enter the colder climates and encounter deep snow and high winds. With the crevice still a fair distance away, the traveler falls and collapses in the snow. Several of the white robed figures appear and grant the traveler new energy, allowing the player to reach the summit of the mountain and walk into and through the crevice as the screen fills with white. The player is then shown the game's credits, playing over the ending cinematic. This cinematic shows a shooting star emanating from the crevice and traversing the path the traveler took through the ruins, and shows glimpses of other robed travelers heading towards the mountain. Eventually, the star comes to rest at the sand dune where the game began.

A spin on the story

Four descends of the Rythulians have come full circle in their separate journeys towards the top of the mountain, and born anew. They have no recollection of their past venture and once again are compelled to trek against the numerous dangers in order to reach the peak; yet they are not as they last were before each has been blessed with unique cloaks giving them individuality among the those around them. Unannounced to them their transcendence has triggered things into motion that could potentially alter the world as they know it for better or worse. Awakening a being that hunted their ancestors, bandits, and other monsters that would like nothing better than to create obstacles for the travelers.

Character Sheet

Name
[Does not need to be something crazy. A simple word will suffice]
Height
Sexuality
Description/Image
As the sun rises
[If you cannot find a good picture of cloak ask and I will assist you.]
As the sun sets
[What they look like without it on.]
Journeys
[Maximum of Three/ Minimum 0-1]
Unique Ability
[Keep blank for now]
Personality
[Acts towards other, when alone, etc.]
Bio
[Of your previous travels; They will not remember them when the new one begins.]
Notes
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

PrestaDGTation

My utter love of Journey compels me to tell you that this seems cool. I'd be interested in seeing where it goes.
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

LeSane

I'm actually happy I got someone to respond to this. I kept from adding too much detail due to not knowing how the feed back was. I have the rest saved away for when other came along.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

LeSane

I created a character sheet, and I'll create an example of how it should look just to be safe.