News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Rawr! Interest Check: X-men RP!

Started by Wolfy, May 14, 2010, 10:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

So yeah...been feeling like doing an X-men RP..was wondering how many people would be interested...So..yeah..gather up and we can make a plot if you want or whatever..ya know...

Major Major

Wolfy

I have no idea.

Ehh...Major, you're hired to decide those kinds of things.

o-o

TheLovelyMaid

Sounds like fun! Definitely interested...

Villains as well as Heroes?

Wolfy

Quote from: TheLovelyMaid on May 14, 2010, 10:41:56 PM
Sounds like fun! Definitely interested...

Villains as well as Heroes?

Of course..how else will we have those Taboo Hero x Villain Romance subplots?

TheLovelyMaid

Major Major

Heh heh heh... I have a little idea now.

It's a few years post-M Day, when Wanda depowered 90% of all mutants. Only thing is, a whole new crop of kids are manifesting their x-genes. And these kids aren't all living in the USA by happy co-incidence; they're popping up globally, and someone has to track them down before unsavoury groups do...

Wolfy

Quote from: Major Major on May 14, 2010, 11:07:49 PM
Heh heh heh... I have a little idea now.

It's a few years post-M Day, when Wanda depowered 90% of all mutants. Only thing is, a whole new crop of kids are manifesting their x-genes. And these kids aren't all living in the USA by happy co-incidence; they're popping up globally, and someone has to track them down before unsavoury groups do...

Hmmm..Sounds interesting. :P

Major Major

Thank you. And may I also note something too:

Why the Dickens do the Marvel writers have Canada, of all places, as a Nazi analogue?

Ramael

Interested...will await further developments (and possibly read up on M-day, being as I'm only a casual x-men fan)

Major Major

Same here; but if you were wondering, M-Day was when Wanda Maximoff (The Scarlet Witch) depowered over 90% of all mutants world-wide.

Give me a minute, and I'll set up a character to act as a sample and as a template.

Major Major

SAMPLE CHARACTER

NAME: David Lamiel
SEX: Male
PLACE OF BIRTH: Auckland, New Zealand
APPEARENCE: Honey-blonde hair and grey/hazel eyes. Stands about 5'10 in bare feet, thin and ropey of build
PERSONALITY: David is a meek and mild-natured young man, who favours mental stimulation, such as crossword puzzles and checkers, over more physical activities when he relaxes.
POWER(S): David has a very unusual power, which he calls "Zed". Zed essentially causes a temporary nullification of mutant powers at his touch, and can be used as an AOE power, although it it is painful for him to do so.

Ramael

Cool. These new up n comers that are manifesting their genes...are you gonna have a "team" or maybe one powerful X tracking them down (whether to find them and nurture them, ala Xavier, unite them into an army, ala Magneto, or to destroy them ala...quite a few bad guys)? This might give some overall unity of plot and give a point of reference for the scattered new Xs (player characters).

Major Major

Oh, everyone's looking: The X-Men, the Brotherhood, MI-13, Alpha Flight, the WEAPON X people, and the usual array of nutters and Human Supremiscits(sic).

luphawk

Any development on this, because I’m interested?
current statues:  looking
my ideas / my f-list

Major Major

Well, I'd like to hear from Wolfy if he has any ideas or suggestions.

bkwidow

I'm a huge Rogue/Gambit fan... and I'd want to play Rogue if someone played Gambit, or if not, due to the depower sitatuion then a potential child of the two.

Major Major

I'll consider it; but like I said, I'll take anyone's ideas for plotlines under consideration, so, who's up first?

RubySlippers

I'd consider being a mutant with a really stupid minor power and a kind of odd look. Come on everyone runs the big ones but what about the ones that have powers like ,oh, breath water or form claws and toenails that help in climbing but not suitable for weapons or glows in the dark. ;)

elliedark

I'd definitely be interested in this.  I have an idea for a character who's not really a mutant, but rather she's abnormally smart, and she made a suit for herself to enhance her physical abilities and then some. However, when she built it, she overlooked a small detail and she can't take it off because her body would go into shock (connected on a nerve level). Eventually, she managed to remove it, but she found herself physically dependent on it and weakened without it. It's based off an old City of heroes character I played, one I spent way to much time on, so I have a ton of detail I can go into. :3

Plotlines: I do like the post M-day and looking for mutants, something she could do for any team really. I see her as more of a young, naive merc. Someone hires her to find the new mutants springing up all over the world, so she does just that. However, while she herself has good morals and intentions, she doesn't question the morals of those who hire her. That can be a plot hook in itself, but another could easily be about her suit. It's a highly advanced piece of tech that enhances people's physical abilities exponentially, despite still being a prototype and in the wrong hands would be bad.
All that is and never was joining hands just because.
Ellie's O/O

LimitlessNikkie

This sounds like so much fun!!! I have a great idea for a charactor too. do you want us to fill out the template? (sorry kinda new at this.)

Major Major

LimitlessNikkie

NAME: Alex
SEX: Female
PLACE OF BIRTH: San Fransisco, California
APPEARENCE: Long slender build, flawless cream colored skin, large bright green eyes, full red lips, and pixie cut short black hair.
PERSONALITY: Fearless is one word that describes Alex. She loves testing the limits and pushing herself. She acts as though she thinks she's invincible. She is spunky and cute, loves to laugh, joke and play. She is confident and never backs down. She lives for her own pleasure, is extremely self indulgent and selfish. She has a few close friends but for the most part lives for herself. She has no care for right and wrong or laws, she lives by her own rules and her rules are if it doesn't serve her it serves no use. 
POWER(S): Alex is a jumper. She can move to any place she's seen in person instantaneously. She can only take up to two people with her at a time without causing backlash like head aches.

elliedark

I suppose I should do one as well.

NAME: Jessica Reiner (Renegade)
PLACE OF BIRTH: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
APPEARANCE: Dark red hair falls just below her dark blue eyes hidden behind a pair of black frames, accented by pale skin. Her suit looks like an extension of her body, streamlined and metallic in varying shades of black and gray.
PERSONALITY:  Jess is a very observant person who is meticulous about her work, be it in the shop or on a job. She generally has good morals and intentions, though she doesn't question the morals of those who hire her.
POWER(S): Renegade does not have any powers per-se, but she is very intelligent. Incredibly so in fact with an IQ of 274. She has a suit she designed with her father, Jack Reiner, that exponentially increases her physical abilities. It constantly provides her with nourishment removing her need to sleep or eat, fights off diseases and sickness, recycles waste, and makes her very resilient. She can throw a car, jump on top of a building, or chase a train just as easily as she could perform surgery or pet a cat because it is linked almost directly to her nerves by an NPL or Nerve Proxy Link. However, she was trapped in her suit because of a design flaw for years before finally finding a way to remove the suit without going into a shock that would kill her. This has caused her body has become dependent on the suit, and Without it her skin is deathly pale, she has trouble keeping the simplest foods down, she suffers from chronic insomnia, and is incredibly weak. However the special hormones provided by the suit has left her immune system incredibly resilient and she is immune to any sort of disease.
All that is and never was joining hands just because.
Ellie's O/O

RubySlippers

NAME: Carlita "Kitty" Rodriguez
PLACE OF BIRTH: Tujuana Mexico
APPEARENCE: Is 5'6". fit with black and whie hair and catlike features.
PERSONALITY:
POWER(S): Carlita has cat powers think a typical how cat she can create claws on her hands and feet to help her climbon suitable surfaces, see at night, has good hearing, sense of smell is keen, can talk to cats and is above the norm in agility and reflexes. She combines this with training as a burglar, expert skill with a bullwhip and freestyle martial arts mostly streetfighting and some martial arts classes.

[Ok I love catwoman why not a mutant version of her when young?]