The Breakfast Club Rp: Interest Check

Started by MagicalMayham, October 17, 2013, 10:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalMayham

They Only Met Once, But It Changed Their Lives For Ever.
They were five total strangers, with nothing in common.
Meeting for the first time.
A brain, a beauty, a jock, a criminal, and a recluse.

Before the day was over, they broke rules.
Bared their souls.
And moved each other, in ways they never thought possible.

“We’re all pretty bizarre; Some of us are just better at hiding it, that’s all.”

So its pretty obvious this is a Breakfast Club RP. Really simple, my only thing is that instead of five I would like six characters.

It would start in detention on a Saturday morning, like the movie, move to them doing some pretty stupid stuff while the teacher/principal isn't watching. (Which like in the movie will be a lot).

From there, we can split off and form relationships/Friendships and continue the RP as if it is Monday morning and we will play out what the movie didn't show which is what happens when they all go back to school.

Its a pretty simple RP idea and I hope that we can have fun.

Below is six different 'cliques' in which our characters can come from but I don't really care what their stereotype is.
~Cheerleader/Prom QueenFemale
~JockMale
~Trouble MakerFemale
~Nerd/GeekMale
~LonerFemale
~Stoner
~EmoFemale

Need at least two more males.

Open to more then 6 characters, Six is the least amount to start.

Again,the stereotypes listed are just ideas...

Characters

Loner

Created By MagicalMayham
Name: Annalynn 'Lynn' Maxwell
Sterotype:Loner
Grade:Jr.
Reason in Detention: Got in a fight defending her brother.
Jenks was going out with a rather well known female soccer player, Lynn found out she was cheating on him so she told her brother. Jenks soon dumped the soccer player, the girl was pissed and started talking crap so Lynn jumped her in the hallway. Wasn't the best thought out plan because it just so happens this very same soccer player is the Principals daughter. Lynn doesn't really care, the black eyes and busted lip made her happy, oh and the fact that she paid one of the younger soccer players to put bright pink dye in her conditioner was an added benefit and that one didn't come back to Lynn of the younger girl so she was very pleased with herself.
Appearance:Small at 5'0ft and weighs barley 100lb. Has bright golden hazel eyes and rosy lips naturally.
Personality:She is kind, Loyal, Shy, and has a temper when pissed off. She loves her family and will do anything for them and doesn't back down from a fight. (Comes from having three older brothers.) She doesn't go to parties and doesn't care for large crowds of people. She is cautious but is an romantic.
Family:
Father: Thomas Maxwell, 40, Police Officer, laid back.
Mother: Marie Maxwell, 37, Deceased
Siblings:
Peter Maxwell, 21, college student, Protective. Goes by middle name, Samuel often just called Sam. Was a 'band geek' and is still rather well known in Lynn's high school.
Michael Maxwell, 19, Senior, Has Anger problems and is a typical Jock. Goes by last name like a lot of athletes.
Jenks Johnson- Maxwell, 18, Jr.,  Laid Back, Adopted. Goes by Jenks, is known as a trouble maker in school but gets away with a lot. 
Troublemaker

Created By MzHyde
Name: Jenny Cushing
Stereotype: The Troublemaker
Grade: Junior
Reason In Detention: Jenny has a constant history of problems with authority. This particular session is because the art teacher, Shannon Makell, asked Jenny to create a poster for her missing cat, Missy. Jenny turned in a poster of the TV series 'LOST' with the cat photoshopped in, claiming it would, quote, "Draw the eye." Upon being asked to re-do the poster, Jenny turned in a second rendition, this one displaying an entirely different cat. When Miss Makell complained that this was not, in fact, an image of her cat, Jenny responded with, quote, "I know, but that one is cute. As Missy has quite possibly met any one of several violent ends, it is possible you might get a better cat out of this. If anybody calls and says "I haven't seen your orange cat but I did find a black and white one with its hind legs run over by a car, do you want it?" you can politely decline and save yourself a costly veterinarian bill." At this point, Miss Makell burst out of the classroom in tears and has yet to return to teaching. Past offenses include;

-She once replaced all the principal's business cards with ones that read 'Horse Whisperer' instead of 'Principal'. She did this three months ago and the principal only noticed recently, after receiving an angry phone call from a parent.

-On the first day, she told a new teacher her name was, quote, 'Valentine Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andrei Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus Georgette Doitzel Kaiser III' and told the teacher, quote, "Don't hesitate to call."

-Upon overhearing one of the teaching staff complain that he wished he'd gotten the new white iPhone, she stole his cellphone and used whiteout to paint it.

-Spent one entire History class answering any question directed at her by shaking a Magic 8 Ball and reading aloud the response.

Appearance: Jenny could be describe as tall, lanky, and loud. She has naturally black hair and brown eyes, but disguises both with vibrant hair dye and pink contacts, respectively. She has been warned numerous times for violating school dress code. Her outfits that actually do not violate the code usually consist of ratty jeans, tasteless t-shirts, and tennis shoes.

Personality: Jenny seems to detest structure and only adheres to rules when she knows she can't get out of it, or when she can't think of anything disruptive to do. Weather she acts out because she has mental problems or because she simply craves attention is unknown. To put her in a more positive light, she is extremely outgoing, sociable, and mildly popular. The school is split on Jenny. Half her peers think she's a 'freak' and the other half find her hilarious.

Family: Mother and father both deceased in a car accident roughly six years ago. Jenny lives with her grandmother, whom lives off social security and is nearly bedridden. She has next to no structure at home and comes and goes mostly as she pleases.
Emo

Created By Persephone325
Name: Takara "Kara" Sakai

Orientation: Straight, curious tendencies

Stereotype: Emo/Goth girl

Grade: Junior (Perceived young for the grade, but she skipped a grade in middle school)

Reason in Detention: Violent outburst in class due to a few other kids mocking her

Personality: Shy and withdrawn, but not necessarily a loner. She has a few close friends who she hangs out with, but likes to keep her 'clique' small and comfortable. She comes across as mean or snobby due to the fact that she doesn't really like talking to anyone who isn't a good friend of hers. But really, she's just hiding the fact that she has personal problems to deal with.

Family: Her mother is a drug addict who is a useless waste of space. Her father works multiple jobs, and is hardly around. She's an only child.
Jock

Created By Kobrakid92
Name: Joey Stevens
Orientation: Straight
Stereotype: Jock
Grade: Senor
Reason In Detention: Assaulting another student.

Appearance: (coming soon.)

Personality: Joey is confident and aggressive. He's however only social to people he hangs out with or people on the team.

Family: Joey lives with his parents. His father is a personal trainer while his mom is an editor for a famous magazine.

Nerd/Geek
Name: Aaron McKane
Orientation: Striaght
Stereotype: Nerd/Geek
Grade: Senior
Reason In Detention: Oddly enough, was caught breaking into a locker.
What the janitor hadn't realized was that it was his best friends locker and he wasn't breaking into it, he just couldn't remember the combination and was shaking it hard hoping it would pop open by its self. Not the smartest thing to do, sadly his friend was out of town and couldn't be reached for variation that Aaron was indeed allowed in the locker.
Appearance: Aaron stands 6'3ft and weighs 155lb. He often wears loose tshirts and jeans along with his glasses. He has green eyes and dark brown hair.
Personality: He is really shy and wont stand up for himself, he is very smart and can come off as rude when talking to people because he will interrupt stories and jokes to make corrections. He likes his friends and stays close to them and blushes a bright pink when talking to girls, he doesn't realize that he is attractive and does his best to stay out of the way.
Family:
Father: James McKane, 45, Lawyer, Out going and loud.
Mother: Tiffany McKane, 43, House Wife, Shy but witty.
Siblings:
Laura McKane, 21, A party girl by nature and who's reputation still lives within the halls of their High school.
Sarah McKane, 20, a shy girl who lives a couple states away going to college.
Lance McKane, 16, A reasonably loud teenager who try's to avoid contact with his older brother.
Cheerleader
Name: Lexi Samonie
Orientation: Bi Sexual
Stereotype: Cheerleader
Grade: Senior
Reason In Detention: As stupid as this sounds, she got in trouble because she punched a jock after he touched her ass after she had said no. Of course the Jock was also supposed to be in dentation but he had convinced the principle to let him do three lunch detentions because Lexi might have threatened him with a cheese grater to the balls if he was ever in the same room with her again.
Again, its a might have, she isn't confessing to that.
Appearance: Lexi is slim and willowy with short curly chestnut brown hair and silver gray eyes. Her lips are naturally red lips, she stands 5'6 and weighs a delicate 120.
Personality:She is kinda catty and very much into herself and doesn't really think about other people. She doesn't understand why people take offence to what she is saying because in her mind they should be lucky that she is talking to them and that she is giving them helpful information.
Family:
Father: Josef Samonie, 50, retired marine, strict
Mother: Judith Samonie, 45, House wife and fashion designer, Uppity and rude.
Siblings:
Carol Samonie, 24, Teacher, the 'perfect' child
Lancelot Samonie, 13, Student, soft spoken and nervous.
Rebellion against a tyrant is obedience to God. ~Benjamin Franklin
In this world its not faith that saves us but Defiance. ~Benjamin Franklin
Sex.  In America an obsession.  In other parts of the world a fact.  ~Marlene Dietrich
To hear many religious people talk, one would think God created the torso, head, legs and arms, but the devil slapped on the genitals.  ~Don Schrader
No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

MzHyde

Name: Jenny Cushing
Stereotype: The Troublemaker
Grade: Junior
Reason In Detention:
Jenny has a constant history of problems with authority. This particular session is because the art teacher, Shannon Makell, asked Jenny to create a poster for her missing cat, Missy. Jenny turned in a poster of the TV series 'LOST' with the cat photoshopped in, claiming it would, quote, "Draw the eye." Upon being asked to re-do the poster, Jenny turned in a second rendition, this one displaying an entirely different cat. When Miss Makell complained that this was not, in fact, an image of her cat, Jenny responded with, quote, "I know, but that one is cute. As Missy has quite possibly met any one of several violent ends, it is possible you might get a better cat out of this. If anybody calls and says "I haven't seen your orange cat but I did find a black and white one with its hind legs run over by a car, do you want it?" you can politely decline and save yourself a costly veterinarian bill." At this point, Miss Makell burst out of the classroom in tears and has yet to return to teaching. Past offenses include;

-She once replaced all the principal's business cards with ones that read 'Horse Whisperer' instead of 'Principal'. She did this three months ago and the principal only noticed recently, after receiving an angry phone call from a parent.

-On the first day, she told a new teacher her name was, quote, 'Valentine Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andrei Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus Georgette Doitzel Kaiser III' and told the teacher, quote, "Don't hesitate to call."

-Upon overhearing one of the teaching staff complain that he wished he'd gotten the new white iPhone, she stole his cellphone and used whiteout to paint it.

-Spent one entire History class answering any question directed at her by shaking a Magic 8 Ball and reading aloud the response.

Appearance: Jenny could be describe as tall, lanky, and loud. She has naturally black hair and brown eyes, but disguises both with vibrant hair dye and pink contacts, respectively. She has been warned numerous times for violating school dress code. Her outfits that actually do not violate the code usually consist of ratty jeans, tasteless t-shirts, and tennis shoes.

Personality: Jenny seems to detest structure and only adheres to rules when she knows she can't get out of it, or when she can't think of anything disruptive to do. Weather she acts out because she has mental problems or because she simply craves attention is unknown. To put her in a more positive light, she is extremely outgoing, sociable, and mildly popular. The school is split on Jenny. Half her peers think she's a 'freak' and the other half find her hilarious.

Family: Mother and father both deceased in a car accident roughly six years ago. Jenny lives with her grandmother, whom lives off social security and is nearly bedridden. She has next to no structure at home and comes and goes mostly as she pleases.

MagicalMayham

Sex.  In America an obsession.  In other parts of the world a fact.  ~Marlene Dietrich
To hear many religious people talk, one would think God created the torso, head, legs and arms, but the devil slapped on the genitals.  ~Don Schrader
No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.  ~Abraham Lincoln

MagicalMayham

Just a reminder, Any type of stereotype found in a highschool will work. I just put up some examples!

persephone325

I'd be interested in an emo-type character. It would be a female character, because I'm not comfortable playing males yet.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

MagicalMayham

That's fine with me, we need some guys...

kobrakid92

This looks pretty interesting. I'm a fan of the movie so I'm definitely interested. I'll get a character sheet up when I get off work.

BlackestKnight

I'm interested, I have an idea I'd like to use for a character.

kobrakid92

Before I get my character sheet up I was wanting to know what stereotypes you are going to be using BlackestKnight and Persephone. I don't want to make mine and step on anyone's toes in the process.

persephone325

Quote from: persephone325 on October 18, 2013, 03:04:27 AM
I'd be interested in an emo-type character. It would be a female character, because I'm not comfortable playing males yet.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

MagicalMayham

Yay!
As of right now we have a loner, a trouble maker, and hopefully a Emo played by Persephone325.

Hope that helps people :)

persephone325

Quote from: MagicalMayham on October 18, 2013, 04:56:23 PM
Yay!
As of right now we have a loner, a trouble maker, and hopefully a Emo played by Persephone325.

Hope that helps people :)

Indeed. :-) I'm working on her now. ^^
I don't know.

kobrakid92

I have ideas for the Jock, Nerd/Geek, and Stoner characters but I'm waiting to see what BlackestKnight goes with. After that I'll have a sheet up in no time.

MagicalMayham

Im so happy :)

Cant wait to see them, and Once we have them in we will only need one more character and we can start.

BlackestKnight

I'm on the fence, I had character in mind but I'm not sure if I'm sold on him yet. I'll think of something argh.

MagicalMayham

Hmm...If you need help im sure that anyone of us would be happy to help you.

BlackestKnight

I'm afraid I'll have to drop it's just not in me at the moment.

MzHyde

It's alright, all these fine ladies can come snuggle up to Jenny instead. C'mere, girls. Don't mind the wandering hands.

MagicalMayham

Its fine I under stand, I am thinking about making a second male character unless we get more characters...

By the way, I guess I should have asked this to begin with but what is everyones characters sexuality?
Lynn will be straight, just so everyone knows.

And who wants to be my co Gm? First person who responds to wanting to be it can have it...

persephone325

Quote from: MagicalMayham on October 18, 2013, 08:30:50 PM
Its fine I under stand, I am thinking about making a second male character unless we get more characters...

By the way, I guess I should have asked this to begin with but what is everyones characters sexuality?

And who wants to be my co Gm? First person who responds to wanting to be it can have it...

I'd be happy to help.
I don't know.

MagicalMayham

YAY!! So I have my Co-GM... Now im not alone!

So...Im stupid hyper, people can ignore my randomness...

persephone325

Quote from: MagicalMayham on October 18, 2013, 08:33:04 PM
YAY!! So I have my Co-GM... Now im not alone!

So...Im stupid hyper, people can ignore my randomness...

Haha. That's fine.

Oh, and my character; I'm planning on having her be straight. But I may change it to curious.
I don't know.

MagicalMayham

kobrakid92

Beginning work on my character sheet. He's gonna be straight.

MagicalMayham

Awesome, Sounds good.

Cant wait to see him.