Sex, Survival and Zombies?

Started by kasen03, April 25, 2006, 01:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasen03

Greets all!

I'm looking for a partner for this particular one-on-one idea that's been sortof seeded by another (who unfortunatly is spread too thin to take me up on the offer)

The idea will be the typical survival-horror theme with the typical zombies taking over the world.. accidental couples who are thrust together to survive..and all that jazz :)

Of course..I'm very flexible on where to go.. etc etc.. just drop a PM or a note here and we can discuss it.  If anyone wishes references to my play styles look up the following games:

BaTL ->Scolastic Servatude (a one on one with Cindy1)
NCES Fun N games -> SF: Future Awakenings (a long-running one on one with Lyria)

I look forward to hearing from you.. (I'm also availible for any other one on one games that people are curious about..just drop a line)

Nothing

Sounds interesting, possibly..
I do love zombies..

Mistiq

I am actucally considering this one, it would be something new for me.

kasen03

*smiles with the responses*

I've received one PM..but nothing really has been settled yet.  I've had a bad experience with group plots..but maybe if there is interest..maybe we could consider that?  Just a small group tho..nothing huge or out of hand.  Would people be interested alittle more in the whole setup I have envisioned so far?

Wrathie

I've always been partial to a good... or rather, bad, in a good way... zombie movie. Are we talking Dawn Of The Dead fast-running zombies, or Shaun Of The Dead shambling masses?
It's not paranoia when they are out to get you.
On's and Off's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4535

kasen03

To me.. zombies have always classically been the shambling horde.. their horror is that it seems in possiible that one never can truely escape.

And with the speed of the 'zombie virus' through a populated centre, combined with the typical slow reaction of organized goverment to react.. it wouldn't take long for a large urban center to fall.. other urban centers would be warned and could take precautions..but it's not like the zombies have anything to lose..and it only takes one to get through the 'barrier' to start infecting a new city.

I did sortof see the game focusing more on the characters themselves..not on the zombies.  Sortof a mixture of zombie movie, and the theme of the old movies like "The Quiet Earth" where the people find themselves the 'last people left' on the planet.. not like those horrors where there are sea's of zombies and it's just a matter of time before the PC's are pulled down.

Wrathie

I have to say I agree, I much prefer the shambling horde, slow but unstoppably steady in their advance (unless you are a dab hand with a shotgun, of course :P)

Anyway, either way I'm interested :)
It's not paranoia when they are out to get you.
On's and Off's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4535

kasen03

*smiles*

I still don't think this wouldn't work well as a group roleplay.  It /could/ work..but it wouldn't take on the intimate play that a 1 on 1 would, but rather would turn into one of those tabletop games that is much more conflict based then emotional character development based.

I was looking for the game to be more of a story about the two primary characters being forced together under these circumstances and falling for each other..not being about fighting the zombies.  That's why I don't think a group game would work. *heh heh..one big poligymous group??  they gotta re-populate the world? winks*

Fuzzy Dragon

I actually happen to have a book about zombies.  The Zombie Survival Guide.  It's a cool thing that seems to be very logical regarding zombies, how the act, methods of dealing with them, everything.  Even the virus that creates them, dubbed the Solanum virus.  If you need any information, just give me a ring and I'll tell you everything that I can.
If it's broke, fix it.
If it's not broke, break it.

ON/OFF: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5174.0

ZK

Heh, funny about such a thing, I've tried a few zombie games on here and they didn't go anywhere. Only straight to the archive. :/
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

kasen03

Well..I've gotten a player..although this one won't be a group game..just a one on one..

I hope I have better luck Z.K.

Unfortunatly every group game I've been in here has not worked out.. but my one on ones..that's a different story :) *beams*

King_Furby

Zombies can be scary unless you know how to kill them. Bullet in the head always works.

ZK

Or for the lucid pervert zombie, shoot them in the crotch. *laughs*
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Mistiq

Quote from: Z.K. on April 28, 2006, 11:59:53 PM
Or for the lucid pervert zombie, shoot them in the crotch. *laughs*
;D You're funny ZK..

Moondazed

If you don't mind, I'd like to know the title of your story when you start writing it because I'd like to read it :)  And add it to the story index https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/index.php?title=List_of_Games I created on Elluiki to keep track of stories by category (this will be the only entry in the zombie category!).
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

kasen03

Hey..sure...no problem.

I've started the game already.. I'll go post the link to the section.

Also.. I'm looking at starting a group game..not zombies but Sci Fi this time..look above :)  So far I think we only have one solid player

Mistiq

That's something I am sure I could do justice. Note to self, remember to check back here.

Where am supposed to be looking?

kasen03

I'll link it here too..just for those interested in peering along.  I had never been to elliwiki before and had to make an account there *grins*

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5206.new;topicseen#new