Old Salem (Closed)

Started by RainbowRian, March 12, 2013, 05:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowRian

Thanks Cleo im just multitasking badly before bed.

Cleo4u2

I figured <3 I'm up way to late as is.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Ons/Offs and Info ~ Plot Ideas - Updated 6/213/16

My /Aways Updated 8/25/16

RainbowRian

Thank you ;) My wonderful GM Partner :D  We have a couple of things to discuss as well when the time comes.  Like current coven origin and such

Cleo4u2

Sleepy brain can search for pictures/maps. Sleepy brain cannot come up with coherent plot XD
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

RainbowRian

As I said. when the time comes haha not tonight ~hugs and takes GM Snapshot~

Cleo4u2

Okay, this is a rough draft and, if we keep it, it will be a work in progress. I'll update it as we get new players as everyone is free to claim a home/place of business after their characters are approved. It's going to be a bit of a study, but this is technically a large town for the town with a fair sized industry. From what I understand, anyways.

Note: any buildings in the Important Places area are either not claimed by a player (and open to such) or cannot be owned by any one person. I haven't named the streets...I have to figure out how or even if we need to.

Legend - Important Places

• Ferry Crossing - blue square
  • Mill - yellow square
    There are three in town
  • Town Hall - red star
    Also serves as the Court House
  • Salty Wind Pub - pink circle
  • General Store - pink star
  • Church - blue star
  • Jail - purple star
  • Open Air Market - orange L
    Similar to a farmer's market where both local farmers and fisherman can sell their wares
  • Mayor's Home - blue circle
  • Blacksmith - red circle

Legend - Character Owned Buildings

• Prancing Dog Inn & Tavern - green square
    Owned by Gregory Welsh
  • Doctor's Practice - purple square
    Owned by Timothy Welsh
  • Tailor - green circle
    Owned by Matthew Binx

If you are planning on owning a business, assume you live in the same place unless that would be impossible. It's generally how things were done then. Also, if I've left out any important buildings (I'm tired @_@) please let me know and I'll add them.

The Town Hall:

I hope that's what you were asking for! ...sleep now...

lenka

*grins*
sleep well guys, it was more than I was thinking Cleo :)

lenka

Name: Chloe Mistleway
Occupation:  Herbalist (herbal healer) *this is not an ability, just basic knowledge of the use for medicinal..then again she is a witch so she can use her own power to increase potency*
Sect: lone practising witch (she keeps her business her own)
Orientation: straight
Hair: red
Eyes: greeny, blue
Height: 5ft 5

Appearance: She is pale and very slim, but still has a feminine figure. Her hair is usually always down and she feels comfortable within her body. She is quiet nimble when she walks, the grace of a gymnasts shows when she climbs trees and rocky cliffs. She may look shy to anyone who meets her, but there is great courage beneath closed doors.
Abilities:  able to communicate with animals. Another skill is that she is able to read the lies from people, hearing often what is in their minds like an echo when she concentrates on an individual.
Personality: Chloe is a quiet young woman, she is independent and is known to be 'off with the fairys' at times by the town folk. Even though they believe her 'kooky' or strange, they appreciate her skills with any ailments they have. She has a kinship with mother earth, finding it easy to talk to animals as if they were humans. The use of herbs and elixirs helps her with her day to day communication with anyone...finding she has an addiction with a certain concoction she brews.

History: Born in a small town, Chloe's life was one of nurturing and tranquillity. She grew up with a gifted mother and dedicated father, both who cared for her very much. They showed her the gift in the earth around her, how to harness the energy and manipulate it for only good. It was all secrete for the town folks weren't ready for the power of this knowledge. It was a blissful life she was raised in, she was eager to learn more and follow the path of her mother...a white witch.

When she reached the age of twelve, she woke and found her father hanging from the lights in their loft, the mother was lying below his pool of blood, a line seared across her throat  as if she was smiling for her daughter. The image had never left her mind for the past eleven years..some things couldn't be wiped clean with copious amounts of herbal drugs.
She had bought the house back after many years after their death and leaving the country to study abroad. After deciding to lease a small shop so she could become the only local herbalist, she knew her future was to find out the mystery of the past.

Relationships: Chloe is now a lone witch who is trying to unravel the past and find her own way.

RainbowRian

Quote from: lenka on March 16, 2013, 07:54:04 AM

Name: Chloe Mistleway
Sect: lone practising witch (she keeps her business her own)
Orientation: White witch
Hair: red
Eyes: greeny, blue
Height: 5ft 5

Appearance: She is pale and very slim, but still has a feminine figure. Her hair is usually always down and she feels comfortable within her body. She is quiet nimble when she walks, the grace of a gymnasts shows when she climbs trees and rocky cliffs. She may look shy to anyone who meets her, but there is great courage beneath closed doors.
Abilities:  able to communicate with the energy of the earth, she feels the vibrations and of the emotions around her. She is able to read animals very well, but  is more emotional from this type of work and often desires the companionship of them rather than the community. Another skill is that she is able to read the lies from people, hearing often what is in their minds when she concentrates on an individual.
Personality: Chloe is a quiet young woman, she is independent and is known to be 'off with the fairys' at times by the town folk. Even though they believe her 'kooky' or strange, they appreciate her skills with any ailments they have. She has a kinship with mother earth, finding it easy to talk to animals as if they were humans. Feeling empathetic, she finds that she has to work on creating barriers between people within the town, taking on their energy often drains her of her own. The use of herbs and elixirs helps her with her day to day communication with anyone...finding she has an addiction with a certain concoction she brews.

History: Born in a small town, Chloe's life was one of nurturing and tranquillity. She grew up with a gifted mother and dedicated father, both who cared for her very much. They showed her the gift in the earth around her, how to harness the energy and manipulate it for only good. It was all secrete for the town folks weren't ready for the power of this knowledge. It was a blissful life she was raised in, she was eager to learn more and follow the path of her mother...a white witch.

When she reached the age of twelve, she woke and found her father hanging from the lights in their loft, the mother was lying below his pool of blood, a line seared across her throat  as if she was smiling for her daughter. The image had never left her mind for the past eleven years..some things couldn't be wiped clean with copious amounts of herbal drugs.
She had bought the house back after many years after their death and leaving the country to study abroad. After deciding to lease a small shop so she could become the only local herbalist, she knew her future was to find out the mystery of the past.

Relationships: Chloe is now a lone witch who is trying to unravel the past and find her own way.

Here are my notes. 

Orientation, She is good alignment by your comment about white witch, but the orientation spot is for sexuality :)

Abilities,  I can see three listed (If I read it correctly), though two was the limit.  And can you please be more specific, such as The feeling of the earth and emotions should be listed as "Empathy" Able to read animals would be a form of "Animal Communication"  Reading Lies in itself would be "Lie Detection" If by itself but being coupled with reading peoples thoughts would be a form of "Telepathy"  If you could just condense that down to two and we can go from there. 

Everything else looks good as far as I can tell, now just wait for Cleo to give you her say.  My current say is it needs revision but it should be no problem. :)

RainbowRian

Also a note for everyone.  When the game starts there WILL be certain limits to everyone's abilities to make sure we aren't all gods and goddesses :)

Cleo4u2

Same comments on the powers. I understand you probably didn't realize you were combining things, but it really is four abilities and not just two. Also, if she is a healer she would probably have some kind of working relationship with my Timothy since he's a doctor XD

RainbowRian

Name: Gwendolyn Warren
Sect: Coven Member
Alignment:Grey Magick
Orientation: Heterosexual
Hair: Dark Blonde
Eyes: Golden Brown
Height: 5’4”
Appearance: (See Left)
Abilities: Telekinesis: Moves things with her mind.  Psychic Electrokinesis:  Can cover her body with an electrical current. Upon physical contact while her gift is in use, depending on the power she puts into it, the person can feel as little as static shock or great enough to cause their knees to buckle and have them on their backs. 
Personality: She may seem a bit shy and conservative at first, but shes actually just taking in her surroundings and analyzing the oncoming situations.  She keeps her craft secret because it keeps her safe but she isn't frail and will protect herself and others.
History:Born to a single mother after her father was killed in a hunting accident,  She had a childhood full of hard work and sacrifice.  She moved to her current residence to be near family she heard she had after her grandmother passed away.  She doesn't know the details of this family but she has made her life and is content with her surroundings and lifestyle.  For now.
Relationships: (None Currently)

Pending Approval from Cleo.

I will prob add more history later.

CupidCatt

Name: Itzpa (its-pa)
Sect: independent
Alignment: dark magick
Orientation: bisexual
Hair: dark brown
Eyes: dark brown
Height: 5'6''
Appearance: (see left)
Abilities: Astral projection: she can leave her body and travel to other locations, though she cannot interact with material objects and can only communicate with people telepathically while in the astral (ie. no audible sound is produced). This power of astral projection allows her to have minor telepathic powers while still in her own body, though these are limited to "speaking" in another person's head and not actually entering their memories. She is also sensitive to the telepathic powers of others. Through her astral projections, she is able to enter into the dreams of others and communicate with them, and even influence their dreams. While in the astral her physical body is particularly vulnerable. Familiar: A pitch black deer that is always with her but only appears visibly when she allows it to be seen - it has large antlers and can be violent if Itzpa feels threatened.
Personality: She was considered something of an eccentric imbecile by the family she works for, and she did nothing but manual labour until the woman of the house realized that Itzpa had a rare talent as a seamstress. She now spends most of her day making and embroidering dresses for the rich women of Salem, going to their houses for fittings and being treated with a mixture of curiosity and pity by the people she meets - few of whom look beyond her strange ways to the alert mind beneath.
History:  Itzpa was taken from her home by the Rothsome family while still a young girl, in mysterious circumstances. She retains a foreign accent though she doesn't speak any other languages. The only things she remembers about her previous life are stories her mother told her about Itzpapalotl the terrifying Aztec goddess. She was taken by one of the Rothsome sons while he was away making a name for himself, and she has lived in their house by the North River (as an indentured servant) ever since.
Relationships: (none currently, but she is close to Cathy, youngest daughter of the Rothsome family)

submitted for approval

RainbowRian

Quote from: CupidCatt on March 18, 2013, 02:16:33 PM
Name: Itzpa (its-pa)
Sect: independent
Alignment: dark magick
Orientation: bisexual
Hair: dark brown
Eyes: dark brown
Height: 5'6''
Appearance: (see left)
Abilities: Astral projection: she can leave her body and travel to other locations, though she cannot interact with material objects and can only communicate with people telepathically while in the astral (ie. no audible sound is produced). This power of astral projection allows her to have minor telepathic powers while still in her own body, though these are limited to "speaking" in another person's head and not actually entering their memories. She is also sensitive to the telepathic powers of others. Through her astral projections, she is able to enter into the dreams of others and communicate with them, and even influence their dreams. While in the astral her physical body is particularly vulnerable. Familiar: A pitch black deer that is always with her but only appears visibly when she allows it to be seen - it has large antlers and can be violent if Itzpa feels threatened.
Personality: She was considered something of an eccentric imbecile by the family she works for, and she did nothing but manual labour until the woman of the house realized that Itzpa had a rare talent as a seamstress. She now spends most of her day making and embroidering dresses for the rich women of Salem, going to their houses for fittings and being treated with a mixture of curiosity and pity by the people she meets - few of whom look beyond her strange ways to the alert mind beneath.
History:  Itzpa was taken from her home by the Rothsome family while still a young girl, in mysterious circumstances. She retains a foreign accent though she doesn't speak any other languages. The only things she remembers about her previous life are stories her mother told her about Itzpapalotl the terrifying Aztec goddess. She was taken by one of the Rothsome sons while he was away making a name for himself, and she has lived in their house by the North River (as an indentured servant) ever since.
Relationships: (none currently, but she is close to Cathy, youngest daughter of the Rothsome family)

submitted for approval

My notes are as follows:  It looks pretty good I will let the "talking in peoples heads"bit and the "dream " part because that would be a part of the classification of astral projection, but do keep in mind it wont be as strong as people who had those specific powers just by themselves.

CupidCatt

Quote from: RainbowRian on March 18, 2013, 09:49:18 PM
My notes are as follows:  It looks pretty good I will let the "talking in peoples heads"bit and the "dream " part because that would be a part of the classification of astral projection, but do keep in mind it wont be as strong as people who had those specific powers just by themselves.

Yep, she's still fairly young and her powers are maturing - and her astral projection ability is kinda diffuse, so definitely not as strong as somebody who's a total telepath. Also she has her familiar ;)
Thanks for the notes!

lenka

Quote from: RainbowRian on March 16, 2013, 09:06:30 PM
Here are my notes. 

Orientation, She is good alignment by your comment about white witch, but the orientation spot is for sexuality :)

Abilities,  I can see three listed (If I read it correctly), though two was the limit.  And can you please be more specific, such as The feeling of the earth and emotions should be listed as "Empathy" Able to read animals would be a form of "Animal Communication"  Reading Lies in itself would be "Lie Detection" If by itself but being coupled with reading peoples thoughts would be a form of "Telepathy"  If you could just condense that down to two and we can go from there. 

Everything else looks good as far as I can tell, now just wait for Cleo to give you her say.  My current say is it needs revision but it should be no problem. :)

yup, I can see all of the above as you mentioned. :)

In regards to it I will simplify Chloe's ability's to 'animal connection' and 'lie detection'.

She is only young, but her past has made her grow more mature than her years.

Cleo4u2

Quote from: lenka on March 19, 2013, 04:34:26 PM

In regards to it I will simplify Chloe's ability's to 'animal connection' and 'lie detection'.

Sounds good to me!

RainbowRian

Quote from: lenka on March 19, 2013, 04:34:26 PM

Sounds great here as well.

Quote from: CupidCatt on March 19, 2013, 05:42:33 AM
Yep, she's still fairly young and her powers are maturing - and her astral projection ability is kinda diffuse, so definitely not as strong as somebody who's a total telepath. Also she has her familiar ;)
Thanks for the notes!

Great, just making sure you were aware.  I didn't want to get halfway through the game and upset ya :)

RainbowRian

not really. all in all the main goal is to not get caught but we will discuss rules and make changes if needed when we get there

CurvyKitten

I'm interested in playing, I have two ideas brewing and partly typed up. Hmm maybe we can get a few more guys interested, not that I'm complaining I'm good with the girlies too. hehe :P

RainbowRian

Nim

Merry Meet!  )0(

I am certainly interested in joining in with this group if there is still some room.  I've often wondered if someone might some day bring this kind of game to the table so to speak.  When even in this day and age where Witches are seemingly more prevalent at least when it comes to coven group practice they are still often very misunderstood and like in the burning days feared to some extent. 

Will most likely be playing two characters.  (I never can just play one in a group game.  LOLz)  A man and women character if that's alright.

Blessed Be

~Nim~

Cleo4u2

Anyone interested, please drop in your character sheets and we'll be more than happy to approve them. I'd like to see another two or three people before we started the RP, but it's really up to Rainbow.

RainbowRian

Merry Meet and Welcome be Nim!  There is more than enough room and you are unfortunately witches are still very misunderstood but at least we aren't burned. :)  two characters is definitely okay.
Blessed be!

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on March 23, 2013, 12:06:39 AM
Anyone interested, please drop in your character sheets and we'll be more than happy to approve them. I'd like to see another two or three people before we started the RP, but it's really up to Rainbow.
Exactly what Cleo said. post sheets and we will give notes for revision.  and I agree I'd like to have a few more people before we start. 

Also... It's as much up to her as it is me we are of equal authority :3

Cleo4u2

Not at this time of night *falls asleep* zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz