Little question concerning notification emails

Started by Cthulhu, September 06, 2008, 04:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cthulhu

Okay, so I had notification emails enabled for a while. But now I'm a little more active, a few more threads, and the constant flow of emails is pissing me off.

So I went into my profile and deselected all the options in "Notifications and emails"

Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email.
Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply.
Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails.)

- are all deselected, and I pressed save settings, but I'm still getting mails!

HairyHeretic

How long ago did you make the changes? Is it possible you're still just getting the last few queued mails, and they'll finish up soon?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cthulhu

Ah, that could be it. It's less than half an hour ago I made these changes. Thank you!

Vekseid

PM notifications are set in your Personal Message Options settings. You currently have that set to 'always'

You also need to set 'nothing at all' for 'For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of' Moderation includes edits and such. So you'd be getting notifications of them.

Please leave "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." unless you -really- want it off. It does not get used often.

Cthulhu