I really have to consider the offer!!

Started by Mister Ugly, October 29, 2016, 11:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Ugly

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/queen-offers-to-restore-british-rule-over-united-states

With the choices I have come voting day, It might not be such a bad idea to write in 'Queen Elisabeth II'. We can get William and Kate in line and can do away with all sorts of annoying things that seem to plague D.C.

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

DominantPoet

Canada came out more or less fine in the end, might not be a bad idea *laughs*

Lustful Bride

If all of the English Speaking world was united under one Empire again..... its almost a tempting idea *nods*

Restore order to the world once again, *Evil cackling*

Its a fun thought experiment at least.

Tamhansen

The UK is currently under the queen's rule. And basically things are no better here:

Brexit means brexit. Sadly no one knows what Brexit actually means.

The government introduced a law that would require companies to list foreign born employees, in an attempt to shame them into hiring British workers.

The government is paying for Vans telling non british residents of the UK not to speak up against Brexit or its consequences.

Our previous media minister publicly threatened to remove our public broadcasters funding if it kept reporting negatively on the ruling party.

There's a whole long list like this. Trust me, you'd be better off even if Orange Hitler wins.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

DominantPoet

Quote from: Tamhansen on October 31, 2016, 02:10:12 AM
The UK is currently under the queen's rule. And basically things are no better here:

Brexit means brexit. Sadly no one knows what Brexit actually means.

The government introduced a law that would require companies to list foreign born employees, in an attempt to shame them into hiring British workers.

The government is paying for Vans telling non british residents of the UK not to speak up against Brexit or its consequences.

Our previous media minister publicly threatened to remove our public broadcasters funding if it kept reporting negatively on the ruling party.

There's a whole long list like this. Trust me, you'd be better off even if Orange Hitler wins.

That all pales in comparison to what "orange hitler" would bring about/do.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Lustful Bride on October 30, 2016, 01:47:02 PM
If all of the English Speaking world was united under one Empire again..... its almost a tempting idea *nods*

Restore order to the world once again, *Evil cackling*

Its a fun thought experiment at least.

The Sea Empire strikes back.  ;)

Having one single government across twenty-four timezones might prove daunting though.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Missy

Well to be honest if anyone acts on the voter intimidation incited by Orange Hitler then he will probably not be in the oval office for very long.

The other option might just manage to be the first president to get impeached as well, frankly based on sheer ineptitude and imbecility.

Anyway I don't need no queen of England, just vote me for Empress. mwuhahaha

Orval Wintermute

They'd be the third or fourth President to be impeached depending on how you look at it:
Andrew Jackson was the first, although he eventually had the outcome overturned.
Richard Nixon had impeachment proceedings brought against him but he resigned before they came to a conclusion.
Bill Clinton was impeached for perjury after the Federal Investigator appointed to look into Whitewater didn't find anything and so went on a fishing trip.

HannibalBarca

Andrew Johnson was impeached by the House, but acquitted at trial in the Senate.  A two-thirds majority failed by a single vote, 35-19.  It was a politically expedient action regardless, over an unconstitutional law preventing him from removing one of his own cabinet members. 
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Oniya

Impeachment is the court proceedings, regardless of outcome.  As Nixon resigned, he is not deemed to have been 'impeached'.  While Jackson and Clinton were acquitted, they were still 'impeached'. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Missy

I suppose my consideration was successful, it appears the terminology is different in such a case: i.e. If you go to court and are found innocent you're not considered 'convicted', kind of odd.

Oniya

Quote from: Missy on October 31, 2016, 08:48:57 PM
I suppose my consideration was successful, it appears the terminology is different in such a case: i.e. If you go to court and are found innocent you're not considered 'convicted', kind of odd.

No, but you have been 'indicted'.  (To many laypeople, this can be a fine point - the assumption in many people's mind is that if they take you to court, there's got to be some reason for it.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17