Fantasy Roleplay Interest Check [System, Custom World, UN]

Started by Myrleena, November 08, 2009, 12:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrleena

Nope.  You can't buy stats off that chart.  That's for a unique new creature.  You'd have to spend the 20 points for the +1 Attribute off of page 284.  Chimera gives points that must be spent on Essential Abilities off that and the following page, and allows you to buy the powers later in the chapter.

Katina Tarask

This book doesn't seem very well-organized... lessee... Status report.

I think I have my characteristics.  I'm taking The Gift, spending two CP to pump my power to 12, and I'm grabbing a level of Superior Magic Recovery, while taking the disadvantage of Easily Possessed.  Stats currently look like this:

STR: 3 -10
DEX: 10 +15
AGI: 9 +10
CON: 8 +10
INT: 10 +15
POW: 12 +20
WP: 5 +0
PER: 5 +0

Secondary abilities, I have more or less figured out.  I'm trying to unravel primary abilities.  The combat stuff, I'm not entirely sure about; I'm thinking Attack/Dodge/Block start at a base of zero plus the appropriate ability modifier, and go up from there if you spend the development points.  I'm not sure about ki (nor do I much care about it for my character, I don't think) or weapon modules (which I might not care about, though I may want some token unarmed combat ability if I can afford it).  Wear Armor, I'm not sure on, but I plan to go unarmored anyways.

With a Power of 12, I get 160 Zeon base, +100 class, plus whatever I buy with DP (probably a lot).  I get 15 MA base, and I'm buying my multiplier up to x3 for 100 points, for 45.  I'm spending the full half my magic allocation on magic projection, for a base of 90, plus 15 for dexterity, yielding 105.

I haven't gotten to any of the summon-related stats, though I don't think I'll need to worry about them, nor have I gotten to the "Mystical Modules."

Psychic, I don't think I'm even going to look at.

Chloe Milev

I think I'm joining, and I'm planning on specializing in summoning.  Though is splitting my points among Summon, Control, Bind, and Banish good, or spreading myself thin?  Do I have to Control whatever I Summon?  Or just if it's a crazy demon that won't do what I nicely ask it to?  I'll have to look at those Tarot invocations more, but it looks like I can just summon those without having to worry about the other skills.

I think Mystic Modules is using your mundane Attack and Block abilities for your magical combat.  So if you're a Warlock, you can use your Attack and Block for physical stuff and magic, without having to buy points in Magic Projection.  At least that's how I think it works, based on the Warlock I played a little before in Muse's Anima game...
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Myrleena

Unfortunately, when they translated the book from Spanish, they didn't re-alphabetize or anything, which really irks me.  Thus the things are a little odd.  Now, for skills there are two things to remember.  On Primary skills (Attack, Dodge, Block, Magic Projection) you have to buy a minimum modifier of +5 if you decide to put points into them.  It's a minimum of +10 in Secondary abilities.  Now, if you don't have any points in a Secondary ability, you take a -30 to the roll, on top of your modifiers.  And to be quite honest, I just got my hardcopy of Anima about a week and a half ago, and the last time I went over Psionics in depth was about...3 months ago, so I can't really remember.

The thing to remember is that Ki, Magic, Summoning, and Psionics are each their own sub system, with their advantages and disadvantages.  You're automatically proficient with 1 weapon to start, and have to use Combat Modules to buy more.  Chloe is right on how the Mystical Combat Modules work as well.

Now, as for the summoning abilities...depending on what you summon, it may or may not be hostile.  Or it just might be so stupid that it'll attack anything.  This is what Control is used to bypass.  Still dangerous, but Control lets you do just about anything to a Being Between Worlds.  Which is what Chimera turns you into, I should warn.  Once summoned, a creature stays until it is Banished.  So if you want to get rid of the creature, since Control can eventually be broken, it's useful to take. (And which is why Paladins get Banish as a cheap skill.)  Bind is used for two things.  First, and most commonly, to stick a summoned creature into an object.  They're in stasis while in the object, and even your Control ability doesn't expire.  The problem is maintaining the binding.  The other thing it is used for is Binding a familiar, which can be very nice.  Sorry, I'm a little sick, so I may be a bit sporadic in posting.

Myrleena

Okay, this is my example Character Sheet.  It isn't pretty, but it has spots for everything from all the various classes.  I think.

Player Name:

Character Name:
Size:
Height & Weight:
Eyes:
Appearance:

Class:
Level:
Development Points (DP):
DP Spent:

Experience:
Next Level:

Agility:
Constitution:
Dexterity:
Strength:
Intelligence:
Perception:
Power:
Willpower:

Life Points (LP):
LP Multiple Cost:
LP Multiples:
Class LP:

Unarmed/Spell Initiative:
Weapon Initiative:

Fatigue:
Movement:

Resistances:
Presence
Physical Resistance (PhR)
Disease Resistance (DR)
Venom Resistance (VR)
Magic Resistance (MR)
Psychic Resistance (PsR)

Attack (Mult):
Block (Mult):
Dodge (Mult):
Magic Projection (Mult):
Psychic Projection (Mult):

Weapon (Attack, Defense, Base Damage, Str Damage, Presence, Speed, Primary Attack Type, Secondary Attack Type)

Secondary Abilities:

Athletics (Mult)
Acrobatics
Athleticism
Climb
Jump
Ride
Swim

Vigor (Mult)
Composure
Feats of Strength
Withstand Pain

Perception (Mult)
Notice
Search
Track

Intellectual (Mult)
Animals
Appraisal
Memorize
Herbal Lore
History
Magical Appraisal
Medicine
Navigation
Occult
Sciences

Social (Mult)
Intimidate
Leadership
Persuasion
Style

Subterfuge (Mult)
Disguise
Hide
Lock Picking
Poisons
Theft
Stealth
Trap Lore

Creative (Mult)
Art
Dance
Forging
Music
Sleight of Hand

Mystical:

Magic Accumulation:
MA Multiple:
Multiples:

Zeon:
Zeon Cost:
Class Zeon:

Maximum Magic Levels:
Magic Paths/Spells:

Summoning:

Summon (Mult)
Control (Mult)
Bind (Mult)
Banish (Mult)

Ki Abilities:

Ki Techniques:

Strength Ki:
Strength Accumulation:
Agility Ki:
Agility Accumulation:
Dexterity Ki:
Dexterity Accumulation:
Constitution Ki:
Constitution Accumulation:
Willpower Ki:
Willpower Accumulation:
Power Ki:
Power Accumulation:

Psionics:

Psychic Potential

Base Psychic Points
Free Psychic Points

Psychic Disciplines:

Mental Powers:

Modules:

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

Equipment:

Myrleena

Okay, due to RL issues, I just don't have concentration to be able to run this game after all, unfortunately.  >_<  My apologies for it, but if someone else wants to run, you're more than welcome to.  I'm also willing to help people who have questions on rules, I'm just too overwhelmed to run a game at the moment.

Katina Tarask

That's alright.  I was starting to wonder whether it was even worth it to bang my head into these rules.  Good luck with reality.

Myrleena

Not really that, it's more that I've got enough system games at the moment, RL and not, and I'm going to be starting school, and...and...and...you get the picture.  Honestly, the system isn't that bad, but familiarizing yourself with it initially is a pain.  But it took me longer to figure out the ins and outs of 3.0 D&D when I first learned about roleplaying games, so it's a wash for me.  Now that I'm decent, I can explain things to my groups in RL without much fuss.  I just wish that they could consolidate a few of their freaking charts!

Chloe Milev

I can understand that.  It's probably best not to get invested in another game myself.  Maybe another time.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas