News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

One on ones (or fews)

Started by Caustic, December 23, 2006, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caustic

OK-- so far, some responses, not much... I'll cast again.

How about a few game ideas... one on one, or small group, no-pressure play.  Interested?

1) RED LIGHT: Mob story of a driver and dame... a la Sin City, or Filme Noir.
Imagine a 1955 Crown Imperial... http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1955/Limo/Brochure/index.htm, streetlights and rain, cigarettes and whiskey.  He drives her every night, looks after her when he can... in that rearview mirror, he's seen her eyes, her laughter, her blood and tears.  She's been places, done things, for love and for money and for power... but when a made guy goes too far, it could put both of their lives on the line.  (freeform, best 1-1 or 1-1-1)

2) HIGH STAKES Lifestyle game where a small handful of friends get together for card night.  Debauchery ensues... UYFImagination.  But things get south really fast when one of the 'guests' turns out to be a devil in disguise, and the last hand of the night will change all of their lives.  (could use a simulator or die system).
Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Lirliel

Intrest for Red Light! I like that idea, plus I'm totally addicted to that era and Sin City just happens to park its way in my top ten favourite places :)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Caustic

Fantastic :) 

I've started a thread in NC:NF if you're game, and even written an intro post.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8213.0
Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Lirliel

Cool, return post coming up! Oh.. any wants as for the dame?
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Caustic

She's all yours, Liriel... your preference for the driver?

Lirliel

Vice Versa, you give me the reins, I return them. I hope you like Casha, I'll explain her a bit further, I usually do that *blushes* forgive me *smiles*

Caustic

Nothing to worry.  Explain what you like, I'll do the same.  *smile*  And yes, I like her already.

Silkcat

Re: High Stakes

I'm always a sucker for the gambling for clothes/penalties type device, as I think it really encourages people to get descriptive.  After all, if the payoff for the hand is the nice girl pulling off her shirt, you want to see every button and goosebump in slow motion. :)  Along those likes, I do have the caveat that I think the characters (or at least many/most of them) should be portrayed as having real hesitations about it as it gets deeper.  IMHO, it seems that sometimes all of the characters are really willing to strip off and start up the action, at which point the game was pretty pointless, you should have just jumped to the orgy.  But in real life the fun of the game is that people feel more willing to do things when "the rules" or "the game" tells them to, rather than having to make the decision themselves.  People are more willing to volunteer to do something out of their comfort zone if they think they won't have to do it after all, and better than by volunteering maybe they can get that cute guy over there to do what they want.  ;D
Ons and Offs - Story Ideas - Stories Past and Present - Apologies and Absences
---
No, the avatar image isn't me, but it is a good representation of the characters I like.

Caustic

Quote from: Silkcat on December 27, 2006, 03:01:13 PM
IMHO, it seems that sometimes all of the characters are really willing to strip off and start up the action, at which point the game was pretty pointless, you should have just jumped to the orgy.  But in real life the fun of the game is that people feel more willing to do things when "the rules" or "the game" tells them to, rather than having to make the decision themselves.  People are more willing to volunteer to do something out of their comfort zone if they think they won't have to do it after all, and better than by volunteering maybe they can get that cute guy over there to do what they want.  ;D

*blinks* And, I must say... I couldn't agree more.

It's kinda sad, but also kind of exciting, that many people need some kind of structured setting to cast off those inhibitions.  Be it a strip-poker game, truth or dare, or some other social party game, even adults CAN get a real kick out of being 'pushed' beyond their normal boundaries.  I think it's incredibly exciting, and agree that it's best to push the limits a little at a time, and to really, really savor the details of this kind of thing. 

Personally, I love writing out a LOT of sensory detail.  If anything holds me back from doing so, it's either a) that I'm worried about boring the reader, or b) that the other players in the scene just don't cooperate.  (HEY, btw, that hasn't happened here, but Liriel's the only one who'll play with me so far so  :P !!!)

Anyone else interested?

MagicalPen

I could be interested, especially since Wife Swap Soap has seemingly died. Souds like fun, actually.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Silkcat

Caustic, for a reasonable size and posting interchange, were you thinking something like 4-6 characters playing, probably evenly split in gender?
---
No, the avatar image isn't me, but it is a good representation of the characters I like.

Caustic

Absolutely.  Anything more than 6 would be overwhelming. 

How to handle the cards?  We could use the Elliquiy dice server, and just have a high/low roll to see who wins the hands.

How about a setting... I see it being a group where there are friends and couples, but not everyone knows each other... perhaps at a travel locale, like a resort or hostel, where people can socialize in a secluded setting and really get to know each other. 

Other ideas, or thoughts?

MagicalPen

A resort would work best, or it could be a social gathering in some ones apartment. Maybe there is a new nighbor and they're throwing a small party as everyone on the floor are withing 10 - 15 years out of College...

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caustic

That's workable...

Also, Silvestine, you mentioned that "Wife Swap Soap" was dying down.  Any chance that someone might want to cross-over a couple? 

MagicalPen

Not entirely sure, to be honest. We're thinking of starting the same idea under a new thread (since the current GM has gone) and are still looking for 1 husband. Only 2 of the 4 couples have their original players.

I take it the apartment setting is what you decided on?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caustic

I kinda prefer the resort, so that most people have a reason to not know each other ahead of time... but nothing is set in stone.

If you're interested, please feel free to go ahead and  post any other ideas.  Including characters.

I, for one, would be willing to play half of a dating or married couple, if someone wants to start out that way.

Aside from that... if we get a few more interested notes, I guess we can request the thread.  This seems that it should go in Light Sexual?

And I guess nobody's up for the devil as a dealer notion... humans only ;) 

Silkcat

Well, having the dealer as the character played by whoever is in the leading/GM role would probably make sense (I'm guessing that's you, Caustic :) )

My only other suggestion is that as an avid poker player, and from one other strip-poker storygame I was in, the details of the card play can have a couple effects.  On the plus side, the natural build up of tension from the hands can contribute to the tension of the forfeit to come.  It also provides a structure people can expect.  On the negative side, non-poker players may be confused by it, or find it takes away from other interactions.  Also there's the trick of figuring out what the bets are and how that relates to poker and the forfeits.

Another option would be to make up a dice game that is simple, maybe a liar's game - like the one used in the recent Pirates of the Carribean movie.  Or an adult oriented card game that escalates at the GMs control (since they're making up all the cards).  It depends how independent you want the game to be.

We definitely need more women, as I don't know how well it will work if I'm playing the only woman. :)
---

MagicalPen

I, for one, dont know how to play Poker truth be told. I've watched a little Texas-Hold-Em on TV but wouldnt be able to be the dealer myself.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caustic

Hm.  As long as you have a grasp of the hands, I think we can handle it...

The last time I played strip poker, it went like this...  Granted, we had hit the bar pretty hard, then gone back home for a couple shots of vodka... but I digress... so let me just toss it out there.

We played simple poker games, with the winning hand getting an article "back" and the low hand stripping an article.  It progressed to truth or dare, with five naked people who eventually got a little too tipsy and called the game off. 

NOW-- That is a little too "real" for me.  I suggest that, rather than Poker, the characters have a dice game: We used to play a variant of this, which we can easily adapt... we called it "wheel of fortune".  But I think that's a dumb name, so we can change it.  I propose "Black Adder", as a tribute.  *grin*

We keep an order.  On each player's turn, they roll two dice: the result determines their action.
If they roll doubles, they do the action, then roll again.  Now, for the original game, it went like this:

If the result is:
12: Make a new rule.
7-11: Pick someone to take a drink.
3-6: Take a drink yourself.
2: Lose an article of clothing.

It sounds stupid, and doesn't work with imaginary liquor.  So I just throw this out there as an alternative. 

What we need is something good and descriptive to fill 11-3. 

ANY THOUGHTS on this one?

Silkcat

Yeah, imaginary drunkenness doesn't seem to work that well.  Maybe only in a system-based game where it actually makes an impact on play, otherwise it's too hard to turn on and off and such.

Hmmm... rambling here for ideas

So, possibilities for outcomes:
* steal a kiss
* steal a fondle
* require someone to remove a piece of clothing of that person's choice
* require someone to remove a piece of clothing of your choice
* personally remove a piece of clothing from someone (and fondle whatever you find on the way)

if required to lose clothing and you don't have any:
* light act (fondling self or other at direction, light spanking or the like)
* medium act (oral, use toy at direction, put on nipple clip/cock-ring, or the like)
* hard act (intercourse, harder BD toy or act)

or, instead of the second list, maybe it's one long list, but if you roll and get something you can't/won't do you, roll again with -2 on the dice, with all of the harder stuff at 2 or less.

One trick would be if you want to escalate it, then some character might get scared away from the game if it is explained to them up front that eventually they'll be fucking someone random.

Maybe "2-3" is draw a card from a deck.  The devil originally shows people cards as examples and they're pretty benign, like a light spanking.  What isn't shown is that it gets pretty hard down into that deck (which the devil might control by magic anyway), and by the time they get to it people have had more to drink, they're a little more committed to the game by peer pressure, they're horny and half-naked, etc.  Maybe after people start getting topless or so there's a card that changes the dice-roll ranges and it accelerates.

You could have an OOC thread for people to suggest forfeits on the side as people get creative as the game goes on, too.
---

Caustic

Interesting... some great ideas there... I particularly like the notion of a the card deck becoming more and more wild as the game progresses, almost without warning, as they gradually break down the inhibitions and cut loose.

The question is: are you guys willing to trust me, as the "dealer" (else, here as the GM and principal NPC player), to control that?  I won't be random, or fair, or anything of the like... I'll do what it takes to make the story interesting.

Digression (skip if you like):
As far as keeping them hooked once they're in, and it starts to get really intense... A major motivator here would be the individual character's -wants-... so when the characters are created I'll have to request that his/her key desire be decided. 
For instance, a character with esteem issues might want more than anything else to be desired by others, be it sexually, or as a partner, or as a person of respect.  That kind of person is easy to keep in the game. 
Others might really want a particular other character, out of just pure desire to be with or manipulate that person.  Again, easy to keep in the game. 
But the more reserved, less open characters, might see it as getting out-of-control and risky.  They need some other motivation... like a prize for winning, or completing, the game.  Perhaps monetary, perhaps not.  Or perhaps they're acting out of spite for someone else, like those who know their s/o is cheating and are 'getting even' by doing the things they never did with the other.
This might add another dimension.  But I might be getting ahead of myself here.

AmberMK

Hmm, now this one sounds very interesting.  If you're still in need of another female character, I'd be willing to play one.   ;)

Silkcat

I know what you mean about fair.  One reason I like system-based games when I'm the GM with more than one player is to make sure that I know that I'm keeping it fair.  With one-on-ones it's more like writing a story and less like a game and freeform works for me.  At least, that's what in my head, YMMV.

Anyway, I'm fine with the GM/dealer being unfair and just advancing the plot.  Profiles for the character/player combination about what they want and what they don't want would be good.  The GM control aspect is good for that too.  If a player says they really don't want to see their male character in an anal sex scene, then we shouldn't do that no matter what the "system" happens to put out.  And if that same players says his character secretly *wants* to be taken by a girl with a strap on, well then maybe there is a card that will require that.

I like the reward part.  Tying to the earlier poker idea, maybe there's a hook here.  All of the characters are at a resort for a poker tournament, and all have been eliminated in the first day.  There's still two full days before the tournament's over, and they're itching at being out of it and having nothing to do but watch other people play.  Then they get a little flyer, maybe handed to them by a cutie who looks like maybe he/she works there (alternate gender as appropriate for the appetite), inviting them to a little side game - a side game that has a pretty decent pot.  The pot is big enough that they could rebuy into the poker tournament on the second day at the last minute, or simply walk away with a nice chunk of money.  Besides, they're a bit horny looking at the person who handed out the flyer, and the implication that this is an "adult" game maybe tweaks a little something inside them.  Maybe the devil is playing a bit of magic on their libido, maybe its all them, maybe he's just waking something up they already felt.

There could easily be a couple amongst the players already, which would bring a certain spice, or they could be singles.  Throw them in a private little conference room with a devil for a dealer and a succubus for a waitress, lock the door, and see what happens.
---

Caustic

Quote from: Silkcat on December 28, 2006, 03:20:02 PM
I know what you mean about fair.  One reason I like system-based games when I'm the GM with more than one player is to make sure that I know that I'm keeping it fair.  With one-on-ones it's more like writing a story and less like a game and freeform works for me.  At least, that's what in my head, YMMV.

Anyway, I'm fine with the GM/dealer being unfair and just advancing the plot.  Profiles for the character/player combination about what they want and what they don't want would be good.  The GM control aspect is good for that too.  If a player says they really don't want to see their male character in an anal sex scene, then we shouldn't do that no matter what the "system" happens to put out.  And if that same players says his character secretly *wants* to be taken by a girl with a strap on, well then maybe there is a card that will require that.

Brilliantly put.

As for the poker tournament: that's a great idea.  However, I'd like to open the ranks to more than just professional card-players, but that's a DEFINITE way to hook a player, and that's what we're looking for.

Maybe an invitee is just a college-age single, on a trip to Vegas with some friends as part of Spring Break, and is more than a little overwhelmed when s/he gets 'selected' to participate in a new MTV reality special: Spring Break-- Las Vegas?

Or, perhaps there's a normal Jane/Joe white collar in town to enjoy the glamor of Vegas... to see a couple of shows, maybe play some slots... but after this incredibly gorgeous concierge "mistakenly" passes him/her an invite to the Bellagio-- possibly one of the glitziest hotels in the world-- how could s/he possibly back out?

And what about the socialite, who expects this kind of invitation wherever s/he goes, and accepts out of sheer boredom... then proceeds, alarmed and amazed, as s/he realizes that there is a streak within that deeply enjoys seeing the slow dissolution of societal norms, and that, perhaps underneath it all, s/he is really a libertine at heart?

Fantastic that some interest is starting to spark here.  If you'd like to be in, please feel free to continue, even to post a character concept or six.   

If we have at least 3 players (myself not included), I'll request a thread be created, then will link over.

Silkcat

Okay, at risk of dominating the conversation and hijacking Caustic's game, I've got something more to throw out.  Here's what I was thinking:
* the game shouldn't be obvious as a strip-and-forfeit on its face, or we can't lure in the relatively innocent.  Each player might get their own invite tailored to their desires and limits (so all of Caustic's invite ideas could be used simultaneously - well, if the college kids are in Vegas maybe).
* the game needs to not hold up on every player, like normal poker would. I played in strip poker game on RPOL, and it was painful to keep momentum going when you had to wait on every player to post, in order, just to get through a round of hands.
* the game can't be too complex, or it starts to require too much attention compared to the character interactions.
* normal poker rotates money around the players, so it's easy for someone to get ahead and then never have to pay a forfeit or even get committed to a hand, so we need some way to take money away from the players and keep them lean and needy
* We want people to choose to do naughty things at first, then be compelled a bit more as we go on

So... imagine this....

The young lady seated them around the table, her big bright smile and tight casino uniform catching many eyes: Aimee, then to her right her boyfriend Mark, then Michelle, then Dominic, then Sarah with an empty chair between Sarah and Aimee before which was piled a deck of cards and a chip rack.

"Greetings and Salutations!", a voice sounded as they sat down.  The voice was rich, charming, and perhaps a little slick.  A dark-haired man in a tuxedo swept in, his green eyes twinkling.  "Thank you for accepting our invitation to Hedon's Poker.  This is a great new game that has swept the Club Med circuit and now we're sure America will love it to."  His patter was rapid, sweeping, and immediately attention catching.  "It's a simple game with a fun twist, and I'm glad we can offer it to you.  We've even spiked the pot a bit as a thank you and are sure that after tonight that you'll spread the word to all your friends."

"The game is simple", his fingers split the deck and shuffled it effortlessly as he spoke.  "We have here a normal deck of cards plus a few special jokers.  Each of you starts with $1000 in tournament chips as you see before you.  You're playing both against each other and the house, and the last player standing at the end wins $5000 in our special game tonight.  You can rebuy into the tournament if you run out of money, but we'll worry about that when we get to it.  Let me show you how the game works."  He finished the shuffle and dealt out cards, one card face up and then two cards face down in front of each player as well as himself, his fingers flying as he continued his patter.  "It's similar to 5 card stud.  Everyone puts in an ante, and then you start with one card showing and two cards in secret."

Sarah was already thinking about the odds.  Come on, let's go she thought to herself.  She just wanted to win this thing and buy back in to the big tournament playing downstairs.  It was only bad luck she had been bounced our, and she was sure she could whip these tourists in any poker game.  She had the nine of hearts showing, and when she peeked at her down cards she saw the nine of spades and the ace of clubs.

"That's right my dear, Sarah isn't it?  Everyone look at your down cards.  Now just like the poker you know and love, you're trying to make the best five card hand.  But to stay in and get your next two cards, you have to pay another bet twice as big as the ante.  Nice and simple.  So let's just say everyone stays in."  His hands flew and two cards appeared, one face up and one face down in front of each person.  "Then we have another round, everyone either puts in a bet twice as big as the last or folds out.  The winner is the best hand that sticks it out to the end.  The house always stays to the end."

Aimee held up one of her face-down cards.  "So how does this work?"  She showed a card that looked like a joker leaning over to kiss a woman in a classic peasant outfit.

"Ah, there you have one of the jokers.  It's a wild card - it can be anything you want.  But you see there is a little bit of text at the bottom there.  Since you were dealt it face down you can choose to use it or not.  If you're dealt it face up you have to use it or immediately fold.  The one you have there, can you read the text out loud to us?"

Aimee looked, and indeed there was a careful script wrapped around the borders.  "Give the person to your right a kiss for good luck and get $250 from the house."  She smiled at her boyfriend and happily gave him a quick kiss, giggling.

"There you go folks, nice and easy.  Just because, everyone show your hands and we'll see who won our little practice round."  His smile was easy, and his voice seemed to encourage a good mood and yet also compliance with his request.  As the cards were turned up, he read them off.  "The hand rankings are the same as normal poker.  So Aimee, dear, with the joker your best hand is a pair of Kings.  Mark, I'm afraid you only have ace-high there.  Michelle, there you go with a pair of threes and a pair of jacks, a hand like that will win most rounds.  Dominic, yes, that's pretty much nothing, if it was a real hand you would have wanted to fold in the first round.  Ah, Sarah, very lucky for you - three nines.  Oh, and let's check the dealer hand - pretty much nothing queen high.  So Sarah would have brought in our first hand.  Congratulations!"

"Now, if anyone has any questions, feel free, otherwise put in your first ante of $10 and we'll get started.  Our hostess Lisa here will get anyone drinks if you'd like one."

How's that sound.  Obviously our dealer can manipulate the cards, and the implication is that the jokers are just little things.  And since the jokers also give you money, even people with a lousy hand will want to follow their instructions.  But after a bit the antes will increase, and he puts away this deck and gets out another, which has a bit stronger jokers.  He also has neglected to say what happens when the dealer gets a joker - I'm thinking that the instruction applies to everyone.  People get more involved, and someone gets eliminated.  The dealer offers the rebuy option - which would basically be a bit harder than the last of the joker-tricks - but not quite so much as to drive the person away.  And since money is also slowly slipping away to the house, starting with $1000 in chips again won't just make them immediately in danger of being eliminated.

Posting-play wise, we don't need to worry about the order of folding/betting that much since it's a fixed bet.  So we'll hold up when the dealer has to put out the next round of cards, and for the last person to announce their action (bet or fold).

How does that sound to everyone?
---