Darkest Dungeon keeps crashing

Started by persephone325, May 16, 2017, 12:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
OK. So I know that I need to update my graphics drivers, but none of the ones I've downloaded are working. I've been downloading ones that are for my system and everything, I just don't know what to do.

Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
       Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i3)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

Was able to finally figure out how to update them to the 2013 drivers.

I thought that would help me play Darkest Dungeon, but no such luck. I've tried every suggestion I've found, but nothing's worked.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Sprikut

Are you getting any error messages before the crash? Does the crash happen at the same time everytime?

persephone325

Quote from: Sprikut on May 19, 2017, 11:51:34 PM
Are you getting any error messages before the crash? Does the crash happen at the same time everytime?

Nothing. The game freezes, and then I press "Escape" and it brings me to the desktop. It always happens in a dungeon, though. Never had a problem in the Hamlet.

Also, I've noticed that I'm not having any problems while playing in windowed mode. At least so far.
I don't know.

Sprikut

Some quick research shows Darkest Dungeon has some issues with Direct X and OpenGL in full screen mode. Given that it happens in dungeons where the game is rendering more content I would say this lines up. Could try reinstalling Direct X for your Graphics card but if it works fine Windowed I'd say its not worth the effort.

persephone325

Quote from: Sprikut on May 21, 2017, 12:10:30 AM
Some quick research shows Darkest Dungeon has some issues with Direct X and OpenGL in full screen mode. Given that it happens in dungeons where the game is rendering more content I would say this lines up. Could try reinstalling Direct X for your Graphics card but if it works fine Windowed I'd say its not worth the effort.

Thank you! I've been trying to fix this problem for months, and it never occurred to me to try windowed mode until the other day. XD
I don't know.