Vampire: The Masquerade (1-on-1; M for Any)

Started by White Wolf, March 18, 2018, 11:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Wolf

Turn off the lights, and let's swap scary stories in the dark.

Forget what you've been told, about wind-swept moors and Gothic castles; about blood-sucking villains of the night.

Let's talk about you and me. About our darkest turns of mind; about what you and I would do if we knew we could get away with it. If there was nobody who could stop us from just reaching out...and taking it.

Nobody but ourselves.

That deepest, darkest, most sick desire...

Could you trust yourself to say no?

Let's talk about waking up in the dead of night only to stare at our faces in the mirror, and not recognising the ashen face staring back at us.

Let's talk about those thoughts we don't entertain, the suspicions flirting with paranoia, the unease and discomfit that has us looking sideways at our closest friends. You know the ones I mean.

What if all those suspicions and insecurities we harboured were true?

What if.

What if today was your last day on Earth, and there was absolutely nobody you could turn to for help?

Turn out the lights. And let's tell swap scary stories. Not about vampires; about ourselves.

About monsters.

I'm looking for a story-driven, long-term writing partner to embark on a game of Vampire: The Masquerade with me. The game will be extremely character focused, built around the player's character (I'll be taking the role of Storyteller); the game will begin the night of the player's Embrace, and chart their growth from a terrified fledgling into independent neonate.

Given the laser-focus of the story, loads of the world can be fleshed out to my partner's liking and to match their character and their own personal preferences and expectations. I'm happy to have a long period of hashing things out before we start the Chronicle. Sure, it's a game, but it's also a story - and I want it to be a joint venture as much as possible :)

I'm looking for a partner interested in exploring the World of Darkness in all its pitch black bleakness and hopelessness; the crushing oppression of society, both mortal and otherwise; the incessant, maddening paranoia of the Jyhad; and the constant, ravening struggle between oneself and our inner beast.

Although this is not a sex-oriented game, given the subject matter from the outset I'd suggest that anything and everything is on the table - subject to my partner's preferences.

This game will run off the rules as found in the 20th Anniversary Edition of Vampire: The Masquerade.

If anybody is interested, please contact me by PM! :)

"And all around them, the bestiality of the night rises on tenebrous wings. The vampire's time has come."
--Stephen King, 'salem's Lot
The stars are coming right. Is this really the end?