Does anyone speak Portuguese or Spanish?

Started by Observing Trifles, January 11, 2014, 08:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Observing Trifles

I'm a bellhop at the Tower of Terror. It's a major attraction, arguably the most popular one in our park. As such, whenever tour group season rolls around, we get hit the hardest. More often than not, the tour groups who roll through our little hotel are from Brazil, and they speak little to no English.

Getting them into their rows is the easy part. Getting them to do what I need them to do once they're seated is a little trickier because they don't understand a word I'm saying. It gets to the point that I can't send my vehicles on time, which causes a larger problem for those I work with.

If at all possible, I could use some help translating a few phrases into Portuguese. Spanish translations would be a plus, because we also have groups from Mexico and Puerto Rico, but I'll happily settle for the ones in Portuguese, as I see the Brazilian groups frequently.

Here are the phrases:

"You will be boarded one row at a time."

"Put your hands up."

"Pull the yellow strap on your seat belt."

Any help would be much appreciated. :-)
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

Deamonbane

"Vocês vão ser embarcados uma linha de cada vez."

"Ponha as mãos para cima."

"Puxe a alça amarela em seu cinto de segurança."

More or less... you can get the pronunciation on any online dictionary.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Observing Trifles

Quote from: Deamonbane on January 11, 2014, 09:08:51 PM
"Vocês vão ser embarcados uma linha de cada vez."

"Ponha as mãos para cima."

"Puxe a alça amarela em seu cinto de segurança."

More or less... you can get the pronunciation on any online dictionary.

Thank you!
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

CShades

Se entra de a una fila por vez

Levante las manos ('Levanten las manos' for plural you, 'arriba las manos' for either if you want to be funny :P)

Tire de la parte amarilla de su cinturon de seguridad (again, tiren for plural)

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

Inkidu

Quote from: CShades on January 12, 2014, 06:40:53 AM
Levante las manos ('Levanten las manos'

Can't hear that phrase now without thinking of that American Dad! episode. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Quote from: CShades on January 12, 2014, 06:40:53 AM
'arriba las manos' for either if you want to be funny :P)

Curious - is this the way that police say 'Hands up'?  I vaguely remember that 'arriba' means 'fast' or something close (damn you, Warner Brothers!)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17