News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Strange "help!" question

Started by persephone325, March 26, 2013, 11:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

I was going to post this in the "Help!" section, but figured it didn't fit because it's not a forum question I need help with.

It's a video game question.

If you don't already know, I LOVE the Fatal Frame games. Fatal Frame 2 was remade for the Wii last year, but wasn't released in the US. So I imported a copy from the UK. Problem is, I HATE the voice acting. I can't stand it. I was wondering, if I import a Japanese copy, would there be any way I could somehow add English subtitles? I already have to run the game through Riivolution since it's an import. That's also how I have to get Fatal Frame 4 to run. But there was an English patch made for that game, so I can check the settings through the Riivolution menu.

I'm just curious because I feel like the stupid accents really detract from the game experience. (I don't hate accents! I just think that clearly Japanese video game characters shouldn't talk with heavy non-Japanese accents. Siren did this, and it sucked.)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: persephone325 on March 26, 2013, 11:17:44 PM
I was going to post this in the "Help!" section, but figured it didn't fit because it's not a forum question I need help with.

It's a video game question.

If you don't already know, I LOVE the Fatal Frame games. Fatal Frame 2 was remade for the Wii last year, but wasn't released in the US. So I imported a copy from the UK. Problem is, I HATE the voice acting. I can't stand it. I was wondering, if I import a Japanese copy, would there be any way I could somehow add English subtitles? I already have to run the game through Riivolution since it's an import. That's also how I have to get Fatal Frame 4 to run. But there was an English patch made for that game, so I can check the settings through the Riivolution menu.

I'm just curious because I feel like the stupid accents really detract from the game experience. (I don't hate accents! I just think that clearly Japanese video game characters shouldn't talk with heavy non-Japanese accents. Siren did this, and it sucked.)

The only way I've ever seen something like this is in a fan made patch, which would be for emulating.  I'm not sure there is one, though.  I have a ps2 iso of Fatal Frame 2 on my pc and I can tweak the graphics to be sharper but cut scenes are the same.  Sorry that I am not of more help, though you could search around on emulation forums and see what you can find.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

persephone325

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 27, 2013, 12:27:01 AM
The only way I've ever seen something like this is in a fan made patch, which would be for emulating.  I'm not sure there is one, though.  I have a ps2 iso of Fatal Frame 2 on my pc and I can tweak the graphics to be sharper but cut scenes are the same.  Sorry that I am not of more help, though you could search around on emulation forums and see what you can find.

I didn't think to look there. Thank you.

I'll post again if I need more help.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."