Riverglade - freeform adventure/fantasy - 6/29 update

Started by Envious, April 09, 2018, 10:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elf

@Deathnote

You can put Ianto in as the person who's bed you placed in the pig pen. It was done with the help of his older brothers. Ianto would then have found trapping Corvus in a coffin quite an amusing way of getting back at him.

nailcrosser

To clarify - Gil's secret library is full of arcane secrets, ancient knowledge, and blasphemous ideas. I'm aiming for Gil to become a bonafide mage with rogue-ish elements as the story develops.

@Deathnote - so the trap books are in his regular home library. If Crow wanted to know the partial history of necromancy, that's a secret library book.

AntheiaS

Quote from: Deathnote on April 13, 2018, 07:27:39 PM
You can adjust the size by changing [img] into [img width=210]

Replace 210 with whatever number you want to try.

Thank you! 

Envious

@Deathnote: I think it would be fun if Lumen was the (older) girl he had a crush on. It gives them a reason to bicker =D

It looks like we've all been tweaking our characters, so I'll give them all another look-over tonight. I'm sure everyone is awesome!

Deathnote

@Elf - Okay, done!  ^_^

@nailcrosser - Okay.  Still kinda want Crow to know about the secret library, though, if that's alright with you.

@Envious - I was also considering being the one who supplied Lumen with the sack of sheep shit. :p

Elf

Quote from: Deathnote on April 13, 2018, 09:58:49 PM
@Elf - Okay, done!  ^_^

@nailcrosser - Okay.  Still kinda want Crow to know about the secret library, though, if that's alright with you.

@Envious - I was also considering being the one who supplied Lumen with the sack of sheep shit. :p

I saw. Also I think the most logical person to have rescued Crow from the boar would be Ianto.

That's some crush for him to be happy to collect the sheep shit for Lumen from her own fields.

@nailcrosser - I think Ianto, seeing as he spends so much time at the tavern both working and relaxing, would also know about the secret library and helped with it. He however would have little interest in most of the books there.

Deathnote

Ah... must’ve missed the sheep herding part of that history. :p

He just helped out, then? :p

Envious

He just really likes Lumen!

I have an OOC thread up. Please take a look! I have some character roles up for grabs.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=285887.msg14068761#msg14068761

nailcrosser

@Elf and Deathnote, okay, your guys know about the secret library. But if you want a book, it'll cost you a favor.

ITBrewer

naturally the last part of this week kicked my but, have I missed the boat?

Envious

Clicky - Profile Thread

@Whowhatwhere
@Vlexia
@Elf
@nailcrosser
@AntheiaS
@Deathnote

Please make your final edits and post your profile in the profile thread.

@ITBrewer: No! Please post a profile.

Envious

Envious

Still looking!

Easy to join. Hit me up with any questions you have.

Sagrell

Hey just wanted to submit my interest. Currently working on a character sheet, hope to have it posted in a bit. 

Envious

Sagrell

Character: Marius Vael
Sex: Male
Family: Aela [Mother], Taern [Father], Valentia [younger sister], Fayea [younger sister], Luxia [youngest sister]

Personality: Quiet - though he opens up more among his friends and family, Focused, Calm and Collected, Protective, Family-oriented, Kind

History: Marius’ family claims a long heritage in Riverglade. His father’s family settled here when the village was founded, opening a woodworking and tool making shop that at first supplied Riverglade’s miners before shifting to supplying its farmers. They also performed more decorative work, like cabinet-making and engraving on the side for some of the more well-off villagers and people in the closest town. His mother’s family was likewise village old blood, having opened a gemsmithy not long after the village was established. They intended to cut and then sell the precious stones that the miners were expected to bring back, but the failure of mining enterprise meant there was little work for them. Soon after, they closed shop and were prepared to depart town, but by that time their only child, Aela had already fallen in love with a local woodworker boy Taern, and so the family made the decision to stay in Riverglade and lend their skills to their new in-law’s business. While far from being a cash cow, Taern’s family shop did well enough to ensure a comfortable life for his wife and their four eventual children, which included Marius. Though, the nature of Taern’s work, which included trips into the woods and long hours working on commissions for people in the next town over, meant that he was frequently absent early in Marius life. 

Marius grew up as the oldest of four children and the only boy, thus from a young age he had quite a bit of responsibility as the caretaker and part-time parent for his much younger sisters, especially with his father often away from the house. Such responsibility meant Marius matured much faster than many of the other children around his age. Such maturity came with a level of reservedness around those he wasn’t familiar with, and the large time he spent with his family led to the development of a strong family-oriented and protective nature. Largely confined to the house as young boy in order to take care of his mother and sisters, Marius found some measure of pleasure and escape in the small library his father accumulated. Tales of heroes saving the innocent and of adventures using their wits to outsmart monsters captured his young imagination. A childhood dream, Marius wished he could be one those shinning heroes he read about, using his might and his mind to save people.     

As Marius’ father grew older, he begun to spend more time at home and less on his craft, allowing the then teenage Marius more time to pursue his own passions and explore. Of course the first thing he did was fall victim to one of Corvus’ pranks, finding himself stuck in a pitfall trap he failed to notice, while his mind was focused on other things. Unfortunately, this became a regular habit, much to his own annoyance. Though not one for mindless pranks, Marius decided he would pull his own trick on Corvus. Tricking a trickster proved hard work, but his effort was finally rewarded when Corvus found himself wet and hanging upside down, foot caught in one of Marius’ carefully designed hunting traps. The experience helped Marius develop a grudging respect for Corvus’ skill and though starting on rocky ground, the two eventually became friends. Through Corvus’ Marius found himself introduced to a number of other villagers about the same age that he would go on to befriend. He enjoyed the likeminded company of Ianto and Alyona, though their first conversations were so “lively” one could hear crickets chirp. Still he enjoyed hunting with Ianto and Corvus and quite enjoyed the war tales of Fabrizio when they would go to the tavern, so much so that he carved, with his father’s help, his own lance to use for hunting and practice. Then there was Lumen, his diametric opposite in terms of personality. Though Marius found himself at first put off by her brash, loud and overly-forward nature, it steadily grew on him, especially as he spent more time with her and really got to know her. He would often come by with his younger sisters to play with and dote on her young daughter, Luna. It was a situation that Marius could personally appreciate and relate to. Over the last year, that appreciation and familiarity had turned into a romantic interest in Lumen, though he’s kept his cards close to his chest as far as that’s concerned.         

If your character had a weapon, what would it be? Spear/Lance
If your character had a magical artifact, what would it do? Instantly scan and identify people and creatures

Envious

Welcome to the party, Sagrell!

Please post your profile in the character thread and feel free to join the OOC chatter and begin roleplaying.

A close summary of what has happened: Fabrizio has suggested that all who are interested in defending the town meet up at Big Mama's Tavern at sunset. The sun has just set and most people have showed up. Lumen is notably absent after her rude outburst which left the impression that she thought it was a fools errand to undertake such a thing since all of the hired heroes have failed. Niladin is a visitor who arrived with Gil and is new to the village, so she will be out of place. Jiranå has announced free food and there are mugs and pitchers at the main character table for characters to pour their own drink if they want to.

Sagrell

Thanks for the warm welcome and helpful summary. I'll get the profile posted in the right spot and hop into the OCC and RP shortly.   

Envious

Hi Saika,

I am currently only recruiting nonmagical human characters.

Envious

Update; looking for more!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Narianna

Ooo! I am very interested in this! I will gather a profile asap to post!

Envious

Can't wait to see it! If you need any help bringing your character into the fold, let us know! We'll be happy to fit you in with whatever ideas you have.

Narianna

Character: Aadya Bjorn
Sex: F
Family: Canute (Father), Brenna (Mother, deceased), Hakon (brother, 15)
Personality: Feisty, callous, jaded, earnest, hot-headed, loner
History: The Bjorn family own a small farm on the outskirts of the village, which they'd inherited from Canute's father. Canute's father had been a soldier in another town, but came to settle in Riverglade after he'd married and had Canute. Canute's father taught him everything about the sword as he got older and Canute had an affinity for weaponry. He learned all about weapons crafting and became the blacksmith of the town at a young age. Upon selling his wares in a neighboring village, Canute met a beautiful and feisty shield maiden named Brenna. Canute returned home with Brenna as his wife and soon after she gave birth to Aadya. When she turned 5, Aadya began to help her mother on the farm and began dabbling in her teachings as a shield maiden. When Aadya was 8, Hakon was born, and she garnered many more farm responsibilities as her mother had to tend to her brother. When Hakon was just 5 and Aadya the tender age of 13, Brenna caught ill and died that winter. Aadya became angry and withdrawn, though she stepped up in the farming duties, as well as raising Hakon. As an oulet for Aadya's anger, Canute began training her in the ways of the sword. She practiced day and night, whenever she got the free time. She never socialized with others and only went into the village to sell the farm's goods or to buy necessities. When she turned 20, Canute began urging Aadya to find a lover and settle down, but Aadya was wholly uninterested. When the Terror arrived, Canute gifted many of his prized items to the Hero's bounty. Aadya begged her father to let her join the fight, but he refused, telling her to let the heroes handle it! But when the day came that it was apparent no hero would be able to put an end to this beast, Aadya left a note for her father and brother, and set out on her own journey.

If your character had a weapon, what would it be? Sword and shield
If your character had a magical artifact, what would it do? Added strength and critical hits