Horizon Zero Dawn (Interest Check For A Horizon Zero Dawn Rp)

Started by Norsegod1839, December 22, 2017, 11:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

Hi there! Thank you all for finding this thread and reading it! Even if you aren't interested I hope you have a great day and fantastic writing!

The Idea

So recently I finished Horizon Zero Dawn once more (well when I say finish I mean watched the video game movie version of it) I was once again reminded of how much I loved the world. Its concept, creation, and what it does within said setting. The idea behind it is great! And the way it plays with a post apocalyptic earth is really special. I have seen some interest around the thread about it as well which has lead me into thinking of a group rp for it.

The world is so big! With so many different tribes that I think a group setting could be a lot of fun! Going on hunts, navigating the world, and studying the old ones are all variable options and quest our men and women can participate in!

For not I am doing an interest check! Just to kind of see if there is any interest. I also am going to go ahead and post some pictures and information about the world. So if any of it interest you and you aren't knowledgeable on the game itself that is okay to!

So who wants to come join the world of Horizon Zero Dawn with me?

Norsegod1839

The World Of Horizon Zero Dawn

History

Here you can find a time line of the events leading into Horizon Zero Dawn! This primarily covers the Old World! And the past history of Horizon Zero Dawn!

The Old World

21st Century

DECEMBER 24 - Ted Faro is born

MARCH 11 - Elisabet Sobeck is born in Carson City, Nevada, USA

Ted Faro drops out of UCLA to found Faro Automated Solutions.

Elisabeth Sobeck enrolls in Stanford University. She later graduates with a Bachelor's of Science in Experimental Physics and Computer Science.

Elisabet Sobeck obtains her Ph.D in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Design at Carnegie-Mellon University.

Elisabet Sobeck joins Faro Automated Solutions as a Junior Scientist.

Start of the "Claw-Back" decade - Faro Automated Solutions begin marketing a series of environmentally-friendly robot systems to help environmental cleanup and detoxification efforts

Elisabet Sobeck becomes FAS' Chief Scientist at the age of 22.

The United States Air Force is mentioned by this point to be 60-70% automated. The USAF Academy at Colorado Springs was offering a 300-level class called "The Age of Human Airpower."

FAS opens its military technology branch.

Elisabet Sobeck quits FAS in protest of its move from green robotics to automated defense systems.

Elisabet Sobeck founds Miriam Technologies with an emphasis on green robotics.

Relations with Ted Faro deteriorate, and this marks the beginning of a series of lawsuits from Faro to Sobeck.

The United Kingdom's Royal Air Force decommissions all human soldiers in favor of automated combat forces.

Miriam Technologies wins the 2053 Nobel Prize for Physics for its green robots.

FAS at this point dominates the military market with its automated defense platforms

OCTOBER 31 - Ted Faro and Elisabet Sobeck meet to discuss a rapidly worsening crisis concerning the Chariot line of peacekeeper robots, which are not responding to commands

NOVEMBER 1 - Elisabet Sobeck informs Ted Faro of her analysis of the Chariot line crisis. The situation is apocalyptic. The robots have gone rogue, are exponentially multiplying, and their biomatter conversion, previously an emergency fuel supply measure, has become their default method of refueling. She projects that the swarm will strip the entire planet of life within 15 months.

NOVEMBER 3 - Elisabet strong-arms Ted Faro into funding Project Zero Dawn. She later meets with General Aaron Herres and the Joint Chiefs of Staff inside U.S. Robot Command.

Project Zero Dawn commences development.

Operation: Enduring Victory is implemented.

FEBRUARY 3 - Elisabet Sobeck tells a story to GAIA about her childhood and her mother.

MARCH 27 - During a conversation between Elisabet Sobeck and GAIA, GAIA first develops a sense of sadness regarding to the Quaternary Extinction Event.

JUNE 5 - Elisabet Sobeck and Ted Faro argue over installing a kill switch in GAIA. GAIA breaks the stalemate and voluntarily accepts it as a necessary safeguard.

JULY 15 - The Odyssey is launched away from Earth's orbit. Upon leaving the Solar System, however, the Odyssey's antimatter pulse drive explodes and destroys the colony ship.

NOVEMBER - Estimated date for the complete collapse of atmospheric oxygen, after which human soldiers require rebreather apparatuses to operate in the open and civilians will only be able to survive inside sealed structures.

JANUARY 13 - As the Faro Plague begins to wipe out the last remnants of life on Earth, GAIA comforts Elisabet Sobeck by reassuring her that Project Zero Dawn will succeed.

JANUARY 15 - General Herres informs Elisabet Sobeck that a projected collapse of the front lines at Wichita, Kansas has happened and U.S. Robotics Command will be assaulted by five Horus-class Titans in 34 hours. General Herres gives his testimonial to Sobeck to be archived in APOLLO before making his final farewell to Sobeck.

GAIA Prime facility seals itself. A malfunction at one of the hatches is detected that will allow a signal to bleed out, alerting the Faro Swarm. Elisabet Sobeck equips an armored environment suit and seals the hatch, but is stranded outside.

FEBRUARY 2 - Ted Faro's increasingly erratic behavior reaches its peak, and he locks out all GAIA Prime Alphas. Ted then purges the APOLLO database and kills all GAIA Prime personnel.

FEBRUARY - Estimated date of the annihilation of exposed human populations.

MARCH - Estimated date of the extinction of macrobiotic land organisms.

Estimated year of the extinction of marine life.

ff

I loved HZD. I might be interested.

If if makes sense to use Canon characters and no one else wants to play Aloy, I would be interested in playing Aloy specifically (but if someone else wants to call dibs on her go for it).

Otherwise I'd play maybe like a female ex-Eclipse member who also has a Focus and some of the same weapons

Norsegod1839

Welcome aboard as a first interest! I am totally fine with you playing Aloy! As it makes sense she would be still around!

PrestaDGTation

Not sure I'll be able to join up, but damn if this doesn't look interesting!  Might play a glory seeking Banuk wanderer!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Norsegod1839

I hope you do! The world of Horizon Zero Dawn has so much going for it! A lot of fun to be had!

evilnerf

Is this still happening?  I'd very much like to play a Nora gatherer/medicine woman.

Norsegod1839

evilnerf

Okay, I think I'd like to play Fia.  I know we can play OC's but Fia is pretty much the appearance and role I'd like to play.  Plus she's enough of a blank slate I can still do pretty much whatever I want.

Norsegod1839

Norsegod1839

FF and EvilNerf!

I will go ahead and get a character sheet mock up for you guys tomorrow! Which will probably help the the recruitment!

Norsegod1839

For you guys that have already expressed your interest! I am still actively recruiting and trying to get this game going! Hopefully those that want to do it still want to and our patient with me for just a bit longer!