[Interest Check] Megatokyo Game

Started by ManyMindsManyVoices, June 07, 2011, 02:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManyMindsManyVoices

"So, right now I'm just fishing the waters to see what people think. I have an interest in creating an alternate universe MegaTokyo game, building on the idea of a Japan that exists where Kaiju, Henshin, Senshi and other such things roam free. It will play a little on the idea that one's perception has power over reality (but only to a certain degree)."

"There will only be Original Characters, and the game won't be based on the same storyline, just a very similar setting. The Tokyo Police Cataclysm Division will exist, and instead of Sega and Sony, Capcom has risen to the top. Language barriers will exist within the game, and multiple characters are acceptable, so long as a person posts well and consistently. It will help to have read MegaTokyo through Chapter 10."

"I currently have two players (and possibly a third) interested, but I run character driven games, so I want to be sure there's definite interest before committing to anything."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

Pyrkinas

I am one of the two interested. Yo.

Arktonyel

“A boy has the right to dream; there are endless possibilities stretched out before him. We must remember... all men were once boys.”

- Still Recruiting! -

Sarasham

Oh gods...I read Megatokyo religiously for YEARS.  ;D
I would be interested as well.
Would we be playing with JUST the systems set up in Megatokyo or would we be allowed to create our own as well?
Mostly I think it would be fun to have things like "Minako's Tsundere academy" and "Hokuto's Host Academy (Now offering scholarships for twins)" which could be background pieces or even player-run.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"It will be an alternate universe, convince me enough that a trope exists to support it (I dunno if Host Club is really a trope, so much as just the one anime), and I'd allow it. Though for those, my girl would probably have to take over, as I wouldn't know how to run it. I'll need more interest to run it... However, I might repost this as a non-MegaTokyo based RP, and just with a similar premise, to see if 'de-specifying' attracts more attention."

"I'll give it a couple of days, and see if a few more replies attracts more attention. If not, I'll talk a bit with those who have shown interest about opening it up a bit."

Sarasham

Yeah, Host Clubs are weird places, but I think it could be amusing to have various academies for tropes. What would you consider proof of a tropes existence? I don't have any in mind so please don't feel any pressure, I just want to know for future reference.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Well, like Senshi, I can name Pretty Sammy, Card Captor Sakura, Sailor Moon, Tokyo Mew Mew, that's a pretty good selection. For Henshin, well, the fact that Henshin generally implies a certain type of character automatically helps, but Power Rangers, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, Viewtiful Joe (a game parodying a genre of character is a pretty good indication)."

"Basically, it needs to fit in in modern Tokyo, and have at least two or three major indicators. I suppose Host Clubs are a thing, but not really an anime thing. You could presumably use one, but I would want to start with something as authentic as possible."