1st Level 3.5 FR Setting Waterdeep Bard Looking for GM [Solo, Human Light]

Started by RubySlippers, September 03, 2014, 01:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Ripe, young, virgin 18 year old bard looking for social adventuring and light adventuring (think with a big caravan or other travel in a position of security) but she is not a mighty adventurer she is an Artist and social lass, pulling out her rapier should be a rare.  I'm still under construction but seem pretty well constructed.  ;D

KATNISS O'WATERDEEP

Human
1st Level Bard
Neutral
6 Hit Points
Patron Deity is Sune

ABILITY SCORES
Str 12  +1
Dex 15  +2
Con 12  +1
Int 14  +2
Wis 12  +1
Cha 14  +2

FEATS
[human bonus]  Artist
[1st level]  Weapon Finesse

TRAITS
1. Quick
You are fast, but less sturdy than average members of your race.
Benefit
Your base land speed increases by 10 feet (if you don't have a land speed, apply the benefit to whichever of your speeds is highest).
Drawback
Subtract 1 from your hit points gained at each level, including 1st (a result of 0 is possible).
Special
You must have a Constitution of 4 or higher to select this trait.
2.  Specialized
You have a knack for one kind of work or study, but other tasks are harder for you to accomplish.
Benefit
Choose one specific Craft, Knowledge, or Profession skill. You gain a +1 bonus on checks using the specified skill.
Drawback
You take a -2 penalty on all other checks using the same skill (Craft, Knowledge, or Profession, based on the skill chosen).

BARD CLASS ABILITIES
Bardic Music feat modifier included 4x/Day
Bardic Knowledge +3
Countersong
Fascinate
Inspire Courage +1
Spells
DC = +2
Spells per Day
Level 0 = 2
Spells Known
Level 0 = Mage Hand, Mending, Message & Prestidigitation

SKILLS
Appraise (Int)  4 Ranks + 2 Int = +6
Concentration (Con)  4 Ranks + 1 Con = +5
Craft Jewelry (Int)  4 Ranks + 2 Int + 2 Feat + 1 Trait + 2 Masterwork Item = +11
Diplomacy (Cha)  4 Ranks + 2 Cha = +6
Knowledge Waterdeep (Int)  4 Ranks + 2 Int = +6
Perform Singing (Cha)  4 Ranks + 2 Cha + 2 Feat = +8
Perform Stringed instruments (Cha)  4 Ranks + 2 Cha + 2 Feat + 2 Masterwork Item = +10
Profession Masseuse (Wis)  4 Ranks + 2 Cha = +6
Spellcraft (Int)  4 Ranks + 2 Int = +6

COMBAT
Initiative +2
Base Attack Bonus +0
Melee BAB +1
Ranged BAB +2
Armor
Leather: Armor Bonus +2, Maximum Dex Bonus +6, Armor Check Penalty 0, Arcane Spell Failure n/a, Speed 40 ft., Special: Custom Fitted (paid +50% extra)
Armor Class: 14 (flat-footed 12, touch 12)
Weapons
Dagger:  Attack Bonus +2, Damage 1d4+1, Critical 19-20/x2, Range Increment 10 ft., Weight 1 lb., Type Puncture or Slashing, Special- n/a
Rapier: Attack Bonus +1, Damage 1d6+1, Critical 18-20/x2, Range Increment n/a, Weight 3 lbs., Type Puncture, Special- Basket Hilt

SAVES
Fort  +1
Ref  +4
Will  +3

WEALTH
Gold Pieces = 400 average for class plus regional item choice +300 gold

EQUIPMENT
Leather Armor  -15gp
Daggers x 2  -4gp
Rapier with Basket Hilt  -20gp
Masterwork Psaltry with Case, Extra Strings, Cleaning Kit  -80gp
Masterwork Jewelry Tool Kit  -55gp

Cythieus

I remember you! I've never actually run a solo game before long term. It might be interesting if you're still looking.

RubySlippers

Yes I'm still interested, I likely will make her armor lighter but she is just starting out in life.

Cythieus

Quote from: RubySlippers on September 30, 2014, 12:20:06 PM
Yes I'm still interested, I likely will make her armor lighter but she is just starting out in life.

I would have to look over the 3.5 rules, I haven't seen a 3.5 game in a while.

Besides the caravan thing, did you have any other ideas about what you want?

RubySlippers

Romance, passion, being educated in the sexual arts, working on her craft of music and magic, learn new skills, make jewelry for women she admires as gifts she is not in the guild so selling them would be improper and the like. I'm not opposed to the odd fight but she is not a master of combat, but capable for basic defense of her life.

Cythieus

Never really tried anything like this, but what the Hell. We can give it a whirl. I never could pass up a good game with a redhead.

RubySlippers

I also am using the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. I based her off Charlie Bradbury from Supernatural but when young and virginal.  O:)

Cythieus

Sorry for the absence. I was ill for a while. I am going to have to read up on Forgotten Realms a little bit, but I can totally do this. It looks like from your O&O's you're only interested in female characters.

Light adventure means less rolling and the like, so something like this just boils down to story telling and that's not hard for me at all.

RubySlippers

What would you possibly do with a red headed, virgin, Sunite following bard?  ;)

Cythieus

Oh I could think of a lot of things I wanted to do. But I'm not sure how comfortable she'd be with some of them.

RubySlippers

And she might not mind being with a man once if older and part of a couple where the wife is involved in her initial education, after all she should try a man out to be sure she is into women after all she needs to be sure.  ;)

By the way her background will be modest her father in the City Guard and mother a Jewelry maker with a small shop working in silver, things for more common people. And have some siblings in various apprenticeships I'm thinking of some things there.

Cythieus

One of my big questions about this game is what do you expect in terms of the established characters from the novels and such. If it's alright with you I would prefer not to have them make an appearance or really any large effect on this game at all.

For the story here's what I am thinking:

There's a diva, of sorts, leaving from Waterdeep to travel on a tour to sing in a distant city. She's on edge because of some recent threats she's received and has hired security.

RubySlippers

Her ,security, maybe in a couple levels but she is an Artist, at least to start. But she could be a useful practice partner and companion en route.  ;D

She might make some money if in a caravan selling some common metal jewelry, not make a living, but make some extra coin. Nicely crafted silver items might sell for some nice coin.

Cythieus

Quote from: RubySlippers on October 14, 2014, 12:25:00 AM
Her ,security, maybe in a couple levels but she is an Artist, at least to start. But she could be a useful practice partner and companion en route.  ;D

She might make some money if in a caravan selling some common metal jewelry, not make a living, but make some extra coin. Nicely crafted silver items might sell for some nice coin.

That angle works too, she's traveling with them to sell things and I would imagine that the food and stuff is provided on the trip.

RubySlippers

She is a Bard she is able to play an instrument and sing, and is trained as a masseuse. So has ways to make coin honestly.

She likely won't ask for pay so much as a chance to learn from the Diva, but will be happy to make a living on the road using her skills.

Cythieus