Sci-fi/fantasy Fan looking for partner(s)

Started by Galatea88, July 23, 2008, 11:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galatea88

Oh, well, I'm trying to think if we can make that work in a way that makes. If we can fit in in, sure.
I am sad!!!! Westley's threat to Humperdink is too long to use as a signature!!!! Waaah!

HairyHeretic

Maybe approach it from the other side? Someone who developed the powers, learned how to use them (to some degree) but was never found and trained by the Jedi til age X. They've now been taken on as a Padawan, having some degree of jedi powers, but not the rest of the training they'd have received learning from the order.

That sound a possibility?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Galatea88

I am sad!!!! Westley's threat to Humperdink is too long to use as a signature!!!! Waaah!

HairyHeretic

Another possibility is that they were found and raised by someone who had been thrown out of / left the Jedi Order ... again, they get the force training, but not the rest. Their master then <insert suitable plot twist> and they were found and taken in by the Jedi.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 30, 2008, 06:31:39 PM
Another possibility is that they were found and raised by someone who had been thrown out of / left the Jedi Order ... again, they get the force training, but not the rest. Their master then <insert suitable plot twist> and they were found and taken in by the Jedi.
I like that one. I can work with that!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Galatea88

Ohhh....*Jumps up and down* Yay! I likey...  :D

Inkidu

Could he be found and raised on an outer rim world by a force sensitive, then found by a Jedi?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Galatea88

Which character are talking about? Hairy's character?

Inkidu

I thought he was helping me with my character  ???

Galatea88

Inkidu

I think we are. Jeez where's Hairy when you need him.

Galatea88

Inkidu

Quote from: Galatea88 on July 30, 2008, 09:58:17 PM
lol. Tell me about it.
We can get it sorted out tomorrow. I'm off to hit the hay.

Galatea88

JadeCore

*waves hand*

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page - Star Wars Wiki. Pretty extensive, though not being a really big buff, I'm not sure how much so. But pretty extensive.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Force-based_organizations - Something of note for Inkedu, a list of a lot of force-based organizations of various interests. In particular, if you want to have something that is somewhat Jedi-ish but not a traditional Jedi, the Jensaarai ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jensaarai ) might fit very well.

The Jensaarai are, essentially, a blend of Sith and Jedi teachings and practices. Originally, they were a group of Jedi who followed one that had started to become seduced by Dark Side literature. Some of which accused Jedi of being the aggressors and evil, flipping the roles of Sith and Jedi. Before the leader could be fully turned and before the followers could be fully turned and taught, the leaders were killed by Jedi and most of the material destroyed. The only leadership that arose was the wife of an apprentice who had partial knowledge of Sith and Jedi teachings, the former lacking enough in the Force aspects to prevent anything dark-side. One of their distinctive aspects is that where Jedi emphasize their lightsabre, Jensaarai (who still make and use lightsabres) place the same emphasize on their Sith-based armor. So you have a Force-user with a lightsabre wearing Sith armor balancing the light and dark side with some unique powers of their own.

Being Jensaarai would allow you to be Force-based and have that training without getting into one of the more obscure Force organizations while retaining enough Jedi-ishness that having some wouldn't cause (major) internal disruption to the group (like say, a Dark Witch would as walking around with a rancor all the time probably isn't always easy in the general SW universe) or limited capabilities/funky contrivances to balance out the differences (most Force organizations don't use anything like a lightsabre).

HairyHeretic

Hairy was in bed, asleep, given he's in the GMT timezone. I was making suggestions for Inkedu and his grey jedi. I'll be playing a normal member of the Order, either the Knight or the Master.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 31, 2008, 02:03:30 AM
Hairy was in bed, asleep, given he's in the GMT timezone. I was making suggestions for Inkedu and his grey jedi. I'll be playing a normal member of the Order, either the Knight or the Master.
That's what we figured. Thanks though.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sagittary on July 31, 2008, 12:28:53 AM
*waves hand*

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page - Star Wars Wiki. Pretty extensive, though not being a really big buff, I'm not sure how much so. But pretty extensive.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Force-based_organizations - Something of note for Inkedu, a list of a lot of force-based organizations of various interests. In particular, if you want to have something that is somewhat Jedi-ish but not a traditional Jedi, the Jensaarai ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jensaarai ) might fit very well.

The Jensaarai are, essentially, a blend of Sith and Jedi teachings and practices. Originally, they were a group of Jedi who followed one that had started to become seduced by Dark Side literature. Some of which accused Jedi of being the aggressors and evil, flipping the roles of Sith and Jedi. Before the leader could be fully turned and before the followers could be fully turned and taught, the leaders were killed by Jedi and most of the material destroyed. The only leadership that arose was the wife of an apprentice who had partial knowledge of Sith and Jedi teachings, the former lacking enough in the Force aspects to prevent anything dark-side. One of their distinctive aspects is that where Jedi emphasize their lightsabre, Jensaarai (who still make and use lightsabres) place the same emphasize on their Sith-based armor. So you have a Force-user with a lightsabre wearing Sith armor balancing the light and dark side with some unique powers of their own.

Being Jensaarai would allow you to be Force-based and have that training without getting into one of the more obscure Force organizations while retaining enough Jedi-ishness that having some wouldn't cause (major) internal disruption to the group (like say, a Dark Witch would as walking around with a rancor all the time probably isn't always easy in the general SW universe) or limited capabilities/funky contrivances to balance out the differences (most Force organizations don't use anything like a lightsabre).
I wasn't thinking along the lines of an actual organization more of a hermit deal. Because I mean there are tones of races attuned to the Force without being part of the Jedi or Sith. Iridonians (spelling unchecked.) are force sensitives but they may or may not join the Order. They'd be too herd oriented to do a hermit thing though.
Just brainstorming, thanks for the info though I'll take a look at it.

HairyHeretic

I've a copy of the old Aliens sourcebook for the d20 (non saga edition). Want me to dig you out a list of notable force sensitive alien types?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 31, 2008, 02:34:06 PM
I've a copy of the old Aliens sourcebook for the d20 (non saga edition). Want me to dig you out a list of notable force sensitive alien types?
Sure thanks.

Galatea88

Wow. Ya'll are all going all out on this. Sweetness!

HairyHeretic

Miraluka - near human, the entire race is blind, but can 'see' through the force.

Quermian - gangly humanoids, 4 arms, 2 legs, clawed feet, small bodies but 1.6 - 2.3 meters tall. Seems to have racial telepathy (doesn't extend to other species)

Arcona - cold blooded humanoids, triangular heads, large sparkly eyes, 3 taloned hands. 1.7 - 2m tall. Salt is a narcotic to them.

Bimm - Short (1 - 1.5m) humanoids, large ears. Very fond of stories, lots of jedi lore available

Elomin - Tall (1.6 - 1.9m) humanoids with 4 horns on their heads, and pointed ears. Reddish skin tone.

Ikotchi - Humanoids with 2 large downward curving horns on the sides of their heads, the entire species seems to have limited precog abilities

Kel Dorians - Orangy skinned humanoids, they wear breathing masks and eye coverings, as their atmoshpere is unique.

Zabrak - Darth Mauls species, less the sith makeup :)

Twi'leks - You should be familiar enough with those

While Jedi can come from most races, these ones seem to have them turn up more frequently (Humans also have a fair few jedi)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 31, 2008, 05:01:59 PM
Miraluka - near human, the entire race is blind, but can 'see' through the force.

Quermian - gangly humanoids, 4 arms, 2 legs, clawed feet, small bodies but 1.6 - 2.3 meters tall. Seems to have racial telepathy (doesn't extend to other species)

Arcona - cold blooded humanoids, triangular heads, large sparkly eyes, 3 taloned hands. 1.7 - 2m tall. Salt is a narcotic to them.

Bimm - Short (1 - 1.5m) humanoids, large ears. Very fond of stories, lots of jedi lore available

Elomin - Tall (1.6 - 1.9m) humanoids with 4 horns on their heads, and pointed ears. Reddish skin tone.

Ikotchi - Humanoids with 2 large downward curving horns on the sides of their heads, the entire species seems to have limited precog abilities

Kel Dorians - Orangy skinned humanoids, they wear breathing masks and eye coverings, as their atmoshpere is unique.

Zabrak - Darth Mauls species, less the sith makeup :)

Twi'leks - You should be familiar enough with those

While Jedi can come from most races, these ones seem to have them turn up more frequently (Humans also have a fair few jedi)
A Miraluka would work for his master (Going to have passed on anyway.) but (Depending on the time period. Wern't they all wiped out.

HairyHeretic

I don't see anything in the (admittedly short) description about that species being wiped out at any point. There were one or two others who got pretty nastily knocked about though.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 31, 2008, 05:40:09 PM
I don't see anything in the (admittedly short) description about that species being wiped out at any point. There were one or two others who got pretty nastily knocked about though.
I remember something in Knights of the Old Republic II about them getting wiped out, but that doesn't mean there can be a few still around. What's the time frame?