Interest Check - Pokken Academy - (All Welcome)

Started by ZephySempai, July 19, 2018, 10:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZephySempai

Important Links

Pokken Academy

Welcome, students and faculty, to the masterful Pokken Academy: home of knowledge and understanding of the Pokemon World. We are many who seek to push the bounds in our understanding of the fantastic creatures we coexist with and, for eight years, have lead the world in innovation beyond what was dared to be imagined. We hold our arms out to you -all of you- the future leaders of the Pokemon World, and share everything we have worked tirelessly to gather. We give you these gifts and two options: To protect the current world and preserve its ways, or to change its future forever to however you see fit. Though you all come from different races, backgrounds and social status, behind the walls you are all Pokken: Nothing more and nothing less. Thank you for blessing this world with your existence and we look forward to seeing what your spirits manifest.

-----------

The Setting

Pokken Academy is cradled by Pycerus Island in the center of the Great Northern Ocean: Directly south of Johto and East of Hoenn. The island itself isn’t very large. It is mostly covered by a dense forest, a few mountainous areas at the center, and sandy beaches along its coasts. There are two major metropolitan areas on the island, five smaller towns, and the Pokken Academy, which is about two miles north of the island’s most popular beach and right along the edge of the forest.

Pokemon from the surrounding regions; Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn are the most common inhabitants, but the island is not exclusive to just these types of Pokemon. The island is also a very popular tourist spot, with Trainers, Breeders, Researchers, and vacationers alike frequenting its most famous areas.

There are no Pokemon Gyms on this island, so those wishing to partake in the League only visit for short spurts of time before leaving for another region. With that said, the Island still hosts many other types of competitions to keep those eager to grow interested in the area.

---------

The Academy

Pokken Academy is a young, but respected institution of Higher learning. It has been around for almost a decade, first starting out as a research facility for the advancement of Pokemon Training and Battling techniques. After many young trainers became involved in this research, it soon turned into a local training facility which, after word got out, evolved into the academy it is today. The academy itself is composed of three main buildings, which are surrounded by the four dormitories; Hurricane, Tsunami, Fracture, and Aether, in which students live and train. Though separate and constantly competing against one-another, the students of these four dorms spend much of their time in the main buildings learning, growing, and struggling together. Even through this coexistence, the world of Pokemon is always filled with competition and the academy encourages this. Tasks and missions are constantly given out by staff to these four houses: completion of these errands awards points, which increase the rank and standing of the respective House. At the end of the year, a member of each House is granted the rank of Elite and leads the underclassmen in the coming year: The Senior Elite leading the Junior class, the Junior Elite leading the Sophomore, and the Sophomore Elite leading the Freshman class.

---------

The Plot

Players will assume the role of Freshman Students of the Pokken Academy. Each player is allowed one 1st Evolution Stage Pokemon of their choice, regardless of type, and the ability to capture more as the game progresses. Each student will be assigned a Dorm as well as a Roommate to live and rest with while not taking classes or doing assignments. The overall goal of the academy is to teach and inspire higher levels of thought and understanding revolving around the world of Pokemon. Players will spend the majority of their time doing independent study, socializing with other students, taking on missions for the school and raising their own team of Pokemon.

----------

The Battle System

Battles will take a freeform style with the GM(s) having final rule over the outcomes. Fights between Pokemon should follow standard League 1v1 - 2v2 rules with some exceptions that will be given in certain situations. Realism, however, will be a huge focus on this game. We are hear to step out of the constricted realm of the Pokemon games and immerse ourselves in real-life situations. If the time calls for the trainer to jump in and throw a few punches, or unleashing all six of their Pokemon for a massive attack, then have at it. Fair warning: all actions have consequences.

Pokemon will not have “Levels”. Their strengths and weaknesses with grow naturally and realistically through normal development. Some will start stronger than others, learn faster, and perform better. Others will not. The plot and the choices your characters make will decide the progression of your teams. Have fun!

----------

The Character Sheet

[float=left][img height=250]Appearance(What your character looks like. A picture may suffice. Please Place in Spoiler if too big)[/img][/float]

[b]Name:[/b] (Character Name)

[b]Age:[/b] (18-25)

[b]Gender:[/b] Character Gender

[b]Sexual Preference:[/b] (LGBTQ Friently)

[b]Personality:[/b] (Your Character's Personality)

[b]Home Town:[/b] (Can be Canon or Original)

[b]Starter Pokemon:[/b] (1st Tier Evolution. Not restricted to Common Starters) [spoiler][img][/img][/spoiler]

[b]Background:[/b] (Brief history of your character)

[b]Best Experience With Pokemon:[/b] (What are some of the good things your character has experienced dealing with Pokemon?)

[b]Worst Experience With Pokemon:[/b] (What are some of the bad things your character has experienced dealing with Pokemon?)

[b]Other:[/b] (Any other tidbits you'd like to add)

Appearance(What your character looks like. A picture may suffice. Please Place in Spoiler if too big)

Name: (Character Name)

Sexual Preference: (LGBTQ Friently)

Personality: (Your Character's Personality)

Home Town: (Can be Canon or Original)

Starter Pokemon: (1st Tier Evolution. Not restricted to Common Starters)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Background: (Brief history of your character)

Best Experience With Pokemon: (What are some of the good things your character has experienced dealing with Pokemon?)

Worst Experience With Pokemon: (What are some of the bad things your character has experienced dealing with Pokemon?)

Other: (Any other tidbits you'd like to add)

ZephySempai

Hey everyone!

Zephy here with some awesome news! Pokken Academy will be reopening its doors very soon.

What does that mean, you might wonder. Well it depends on who you are!

For those of you who've never heard of Pokken Academy, it is an amazing game myself and an army of others on this website put together about a year ago. Much of the main details are found int he opening post, but what's different about this particular situation is that the game will soon be coming out of its {Paralyzed} Status and will be receiving a Full Heal very soon. Continuing on in the spirit of when this game was first conceptualized, we are still accepting new students to the academy!

Now I understand that there may be a lot of hesitation about joining a game that has already started, but I assure you, it is still in its very early stages and those just tuning in will find this just as easy to enter as it would any other new game.

For those of you who've participated before, your eyes are not deceiving you. Pokken LIVES!!!! (Too excited)

Basically, we're gonna pick up right where we left off from the last time. However, this thread is going to double as preparation for that as well as a traditional recruitment thread: For all you OGs out there excited to jump back into Pokken, we'll use this thread as a diving board to plot out how we'll be making that happen. Fortunately, from the responses on the OOC thread, a good amount of you are rejoining (Fuck Yeah!). For anybody who might be stuck or frozen, we'll figure that part out. Its so easy to time-teleport you around to an open part I'm not worried about a thing.

ASLO

I have new plots and plans revolving more around the Elite Four: Those leading the four Dorms of Pokken. Originally, I didn't capitalize on them being Leaders of the students and will spend more effort doing so.

What does that mean for you, as the player? Basically just more Player/GM interactions, plotting points, and a for more Direct way for the game to teach you all the cool neat little features and uniquities (Is that a word?) Pokken has to offer! I'll be building up the four leaders and will have some posts regarding them in the coming future! Stay tuned, and feel free to treat this as an OOC for the time being while the other threads are under construction!

Snake

Gardsorm

May need to add more to the sheet, not sure. If it works out, great!

Name: Kurou, Shiki

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Personality: Shiki comes off as the amicable sort, smiling, shaking hands, bowing graciously, and often times getting pushed around and bullied. With a face like his, it's just so easy to shove or punch for the more dominant types. After all, nice guys finish last, and nerdy types would never rise beyond those with power.

Of course, Shiki has long since learned not to bare his true self to everyone around him. He has the capacity to forgive but he never forgets, amd very often those who have slighted him find revenge visited upon them down the line one way or another. Often he'll gather or fabricate enough dirty information on a given person to blackmail them into a cycle of paying for every slight against him, while he watches everything play out.

Home Town: Mahogany Town

Starter Pokemon:

Background: Up front, Shiki would say he doesn't have a very outstanding or extravagant lifestyle. A simple, modest life born in the rural Mahogany Town, he maintains he lived like anyone else from Mahogany, eventually wandering the region, going to school in one of the cities, and becoming what he is now. He faced a hard life growing up, being bullied for being nice or an intellectual, but despite that he preservered and prepared to take the next step and advance his learning in the esteemed Pokken Academy.

The truth of the matter is, Shiki is the current son of a crime boss who operates on the payrolls of many well-known villainous teams throughout the Pokemon world. Shiki is entirely aware of this fact but attempts to lead more of a normal life to not draw attention to himself. When called upon by his father, he usually manages the clients his father works with, and as a result has connections to more than several teams around the world.

His intention is to further his education and hide out at Pokken Academy, better himself as a trainer, and graduate to become a better person in society publicly. Deep down, he wonders if he's ready to continue his father's business where he plans to leave it off, or even if it's worth continuing. It did, however, teach him everything he knows right now...

Best Experience With Pokemon: Organizing a 'reacquisition of assets' using a group of Pokemon, and managing to escape the notice of the law.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Attempting to befriend his partner Murkrow and getting lost for two days in woodlands until finally making friends with the dark bird.

Other: He has many dress suits, but also more oriental wear from home when he feels like getting comfortable.

He's also on the hunt for a Dusk Stone to evolve his buddy Andras.

ZephySempai

Quote from: Gardsorm on July 19, 2018, 04:00:23 PM
May need to add more to the sheet, not sure. If it works out, great!

Name: Kurou, Shiki

Personality: Shiki comes off as the amicable sort, smiling, shaking hands, bowing graciously, and often times getting pushed around and bullied. With a face like his, it's just so easy to shove or punch for the more dominant types. After all, nice guys finish last, and nerdy types would never rise beyond those with power.

Of course, Shiki has long since learned not to bare his true self to everyone around him. He has the capacity to forgive but he never forgets, amd very often those who have slighted him find revenge visited upon them down the line one way or another. Often he'll gather or fabricate enough dirty information on a given person to blackmail them into a cycle of paying for every slight against him, while he watches everything play out.

Home Town: Mahogany Town

Starter Pokemon:

Background: Up front, Shiki would say he doesn't have a very outstanding or extravagant lifestyle. A simple, modest life born in the rural Mahogany Town, he maintains he lived like anyone else from Mahogany, eventually wandering the region, going to school in one of the cities, and becoming what he is now. He faced a hard life growing up, being bullied for being nice or an intellectual, but despite that he preservered and prepared to take the next step and advance his learning in the esteemed Pokken Academy.

The truth of the matter is, Shiki is the current son of a crime boss who operates on the payrolls of many well-known villainous teams throughout the Pokemon world. Shiki is entirely aware of this fact but attempts to lead more of a normal life to not draw attention to himself. When called upon by his father, he usually manages the clients his father works with, and as a result has connections to more than several teams around the world.

His intention is to further his education and hide out at Pokken Academy, better himself as a trainer, and graduate to become a better person in society publicly. Deep down, he wonders if he's ready to continue his father's business where he plans to leave it off, or even if it's worth continuing. It did, however, teach him everything he knows right now...

Best Experience With Pokemon: Organizing a 'reacquisition of assets' using a group of Pokemon, and managing to escape the notice of the law.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Attempting to befriend his partner Murkrow and getting lost for two days in woodlands until finally making friends with the dark bird.

Other: He has many dress suits, but also more oriental wear from home when he feels like getting comfortable.

He's also on the hunt for a Dusk Stone to evolve his buddy Andras.

I love that you literally made an intellectual Gangster xD Something tells me that he has siblings that are the total opposite of him. Maybe that's just me, but I definitely feel some sibling rivalry in there. I really like his personality as well; nice and polite in your face, but sadistically enjoys watching those who've wronged him suffer: The the other side if his face hidden by your image is the crazed cackling smile xD Again, maybe I'm just crazy. Either way, he is definitely welcome aboard the team!

Quote from: Snake on July 19, 2018, 03:21:43 PM
Woot. I'll work up a new character for this!

Keep in mind the two character limit still stands. If you make a new person you'll have to take one of your original ones out.

SilkenVenom

Well, this is interesting.

A few questions:

1) Where in the timeline is this taking place? Is it recent enough that we can at lest reference regular canon characters in our character's backstories? Or is it within its own timeline?

2) The map you presented doesn't display Kalos or Alola. Would we still be able to have characters be from there if we wanted?

3) Are pseudo-legendary pokemon lines allowed as starters?

ZephySempai

Quote from: SilkenVenom on July 20, 2018, 11:17:26 PM
Well, this is interesting.

A few questions:

1) Where in the timeline is this taking place? Is it recent enough that we can at lest reference regular canon characters in our character's backstories? Or is it within its own timeline?

2) The map you presented doesn't display Kalos or Alola. Would we still be able to have characters be from there if we wanted?

3) Are pseudo-legendary pokemon lines allowed as starters?

All very good questions! I shall answer them to the best of my ability!

1) As far as the timeline, I'm sticking with the regular timeline with Pokken being towards the end. For example, if Nintendo were to release another game (After this weird Pokemon Go Add-on) it would be Pokken Academy (And I'd be stupid rich).

2) The map is a little dated, but consider those areas (Characters & Pokemon) included in this world.

3) Depends on the Pokemon. Well... scratch that. Depends on the player, I should say. Legendaries are definitely off limits for starters, however, Super Rares, (Absol & Co.) who aren't technically legendary and lack an evolutionary line can be used. Just be sure to show restraint. These are intended to be low-level Pokemon we're starting out with. Realism is a strong focus in this game and, of course, a low-level Super Rare would be at an advantage against a Low-Level... Common, but that doesn't mean your Absol (Solely example purposes) is gonna one-shot a senior student's Houndoom. Hope that makes sense o.O

I appreciate the questions :D definitely keep them coming and I hope you still find the topic interesting

SilkenVenom

Quote from: ZephySempai on July 20, 2018, 11:37:24 PM

3) Depends on the Pokemon. Well... scratch that. Depends on the player, I should say. Legendaries are definitely off limits for starters, however, Super Rares, (Absol & Co.) who aren't technically legendary and lack an evolutionary line can be used. Just be sure to show restraint. These are intended to be low-level Pokemon we're starting out with. Realism is a strong focus in this game and, of course, a low-level Super Rare would be at an advantage against a Low-Level... Common, but that doesn't mean your Absol (Solely example purposes) is gonna one-shot a senior student's Houndoom. Hope that makes sense o.O

I was technically asking about the super-powered dragon lines (Garchomp, Dragonite, Hydregion, Metang (not a dragon, but falls in the same category), etc), but this is still very useful information. Thank you.

Gardsorm

Funny enough, when I came up with the idea, the 'intellectual gangster' thing didn't occur to me. But looking at it now, I can definitely see it now... Either way, glad it checks out!

Metraxa

I'm interested in returning, with my photographer continuing his pursuit to get pictures of them all :P Should be fun

ZephySempai

Quote from: SilkenVenom on July 21, 2018, 12:01:34 AM
I was technically asking about the super-powered dragon lines (Garchomp, Dragonite, Hydregion, Metang (not a dragon, but falls in the same category), etc), but this is still very useful information. Thank you.

Oh, Pfft! Yeah they're fine! Have fun. Even though they evolve into so pretty kickass forms, their starting forms are pretty balanced. I don't have any issue with them. Look at me: Assuming the worst xD

Quote from: Gardsorm on July 21, 2018, 12:55:54 AM
Funny enough, when I came up with the idea, the 'intellectual gangster' thing didn't occur to me. But looking at it now, I can definitely see it now... Either way, glad it checks out!

That's one of my favorite archtypes, which probably explains why I picked up on it. Characters with internal strife like that are always interesting and relate able. Can't wait to see him in action!

Quote from: Metraxa on July 21, 2018, 07:25:30 PM
I'm interested in returning, with my photographer continuing his pursuit to get pictures of them all :P Should be fun

You'd freaking better! I think we all need some Skitty in our lives.

Which reminds me: I think Aiden and Skitty are currently locked in a life or death struggle against the rampaging Rattata! ACTION BABY! So that's good. I've got interesting plans for that plot to show off the weird world of Pokken.

Metraxa

Quote from: ZephySempai on July 22, 2018, 08:46:32 AM
You'd freaking better! I think we all need some Skitty in our lives.

Which reminds me: I think Aiden and Skitty are currently locked in a life or death struggle against the rampaging Rattata! ACTION BABY! So that's good. I've got interesting plans for that plot to show off the weird world of Pokken.

She demands headpats. And belly rubs. And gifts. And a warm place to rest.

Skitty are needy. :P

But yes, that was what was currently going on

ZephySempai

And fancy cakes! Gotta love fancy cakes :)

Today I'm going to be at work for *Ugh* ever... but my plans for the future are to Create a NEW Information Station with all the info you guys will need to stay informed about Pokken! The Information Station will have all the Info about Pokken Academy, The 4 Dorms, Dorm Rankings, Room assignments, and will also hold the character sheets!

For now, anyone interested in creating a new character, please post them here to be judged by ME!

He's a preview, for newcomers, what that info is going to look like (Literally just copy/paste from the old thread lol)

Setting

Pokken Academy is cradled by Pycerus Island in the center of the Great Northern Ocean: Directly south of Johto and East of Hoenn. The island itself isn’t very large. It is mostly covered by a dense forest, a few mountainous areas at the center, and sandy beaches along its coasts. There are two major metropolitan areas on the island, five smaller towns, and the Pokken Academy, which is about two miles north of the island’s most popular beach and right along the edge of the forest.

Pokemon from the surrounding regions; Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn are the most common inhabitants, but the island is not exclusive to just these types of Pokemon. The island is also a very popular tourist spot, with Trainers, Breeders, Researchers, and vacationers alike frequenting its most famous areas.

There are no Pokemon Gyms on this island, so those wishing to partake in the League only visit for short spurts of time before leaving for another region. With that said, the Island still hosts many other types of competitions to keep those eager to grow interested in the area.

Campus Information

Campus: Usually contains everything a budding trainer could need from a book store, several supply stores, a Pokemon Center and a variety of scenic rest areas.

Red Building: The Administration building as well as the main classroom building. Red Building, or Red for short is where the majority of classes will be held. This also serves as the admin building as well as the financial aid building. It is the largest building on campus.

Blue Building: The Health & Sciences building is the smallest of the three main campus buildings. Bigger than the dorms, this building is where the majority of research labs are housed and specialized classes take place. This is also where one of the two Pokemon Centers are located.

Green Building: The Recreational Center is second in size only to the Admin building. Codenamed Green, this building is where a lot of practical lessons takes place. It holds the second Pokemon Center and several Gym-like classrooms. This building also holds Pokken Academy’s main Arena where Academy Students face off against one-another.

Area Information

Pycerus: A small Island in the center of the Great Northern Ocean: Directly south of Johto and East of Hoenn. This island is home of the Pokken Academy and several small settlements.

Shamshir Beach: The main beach of Pycerus and one of the bigger tourist attractions. People come to this beach to relax and enjoy themselves. The waters and sands are full of wild Pokemon. The more dangerous parts of the beach and surrounding seas are reserved for skilled trainers. There are also several private areas of the beach reserved for Pokken Academy use only. Students and faculty are free to visit at their leisure.

Heyden Wood: Pycerus has a large forested area that makes up close to 63% of the island and is home to a variety of different Pokemon. The forests surrounds the mountainous area and contains several small lakes. Tours and nature guides are offered by the Academy to travelers, but there are some areas that are reserved for trainers only as the wild Pokemon here can prove to be dangerous.

Azanium Mountain Range: A proud section of elevated terrain that spreads throughout the forests of Pycerus. From the tallest peak, one can see over the entire island and even view the neighboring Orange Islands in the distance. Very few travel out to these mountains. For those that do seek to either conquer their terrain, or capture the Pokemon that call this place their home. The mountains also have a dense cave network rumored to connect to the Academy as well.

Academy Dormitories

--The dorms themselves holds about 200 students each of all grade levels. The rooms hold 2 - 6 students depending on size, have a full kitchen and 1 - 3 showers showers each. The smaller units have no living room space while the larger units do. Each dorm has a common area, cafeteria, and a special zone dedicated to the specific House.--

House Hurricane is on the Northwestern corner of the campus closest to the forest. This dorm is generally frequented by Avian Pokemon of all types and has a special open roof with structures designed to attract any airborne visitors. The center of the building's roof has a clear open space for residents to hold mock battles. Within this building's 3rd floor is also a student-made obstacle course designed for Flying and most other Normal-Type Pokemon.

House Tsunami
is located on the Southeastern corner of the campus closest to the road that leads towards the beach. The dorm itself is has a large indoor pool on the 2nd floor that serves recreational purposes and also has a student-operated spa. During the week, this dorm opens itself up to the public as a place to relax and have fun.

House Fracture is located on the Southwestern corner of the campus surrounded by flatland. The rear yard of the building holds a stunning rock garden created by the first graduating senior class. Students are free to come and alter the garden as they please. There is also a deep network of caves that go beneath the dorm and are said to connect to all parts of the island. These caves are always changing, however, and only the most experienced of trainers can navigate them.

House Aether is located on the Northeastern corner of the campus. It is the quietest of the four dorms and has two temples on opposite sides of the building. Students come here to heighten their psychic and spiritual senses whenever time permits. There is also a massive mansion connected to the dormitory, which used to be the original building, but has been abandoned when a powerful Ghost-Type took residence. Now, many different Pokemon call this mansion their home and, though tempting, very few students venture inside to capture these creatures.

--Each dorm has a head council, usually appointed by one of the Senior Elite Four. They oversee their respective buildings, plan events, trips and handle any disciplinary action for students under their care. Naturally, there are intense rivalries between the Elite Four and their Houses. In the past there have even been Guild Wars where the Four Houses would attack one-another for control over the campus. Such days have fizzled out due to the respect held by the current Elite Four for one-another, but history has a habit of repeating itself.

Currently, during the new term, each dorm is on equal level, however, House Hurricane has the highest renown with For consecutive years of being #1. House Fracture ties with House Tsunami with two wins under their belt while House Aether remains at the bottom of the pack with zero wins to boast about.--

Each of you, and your characters, will be sorted into one of the 4 dorms upon your character sheet being accepted. For everyone who is returning, you get to keep your dorms (Too lazy to move you around). As for any newcomers (hehehe) you will be assigned a dorm RANDOMLY depending on, honestly, how sick and twisted my mind is working at the time I put you in. As for House Points, we will operate using the same system as last time where basically each House or dorm has a main goal of accumulating as many points as possible in order to become the top house for that given year/semester. I wonder if I should do per year or per semester :P How'd Harry Potter do it?

ANYWAY!

Sticking with the main premise of Pokken, it isn't just battles that get you points, (Though they are weighted to favor the traditional route) but research, notable accomplishments, completing tasks, and otherwise just being epic! Those interested in the creative arts can submit their works to the academy and, if these works are to be featured in any way by the school, the person who submitted them gets points for their dorm. YAY!

Be creative, and don't be shy to shoot me a PM if you wanna plot something with me as well as your fellow RPers ^_^

Pokken is a community created specifically for you guys to try out ideas and concepts you aren't usually able to in the Pokeverse. I'll be hard at work creating a fun playground for your muses and ideas. Best of luck to you and get those creative juices flowing. Once the basic restructuring is done I'll be using a Full Heal on the main threads so we can start up again :D

Edit: Idlewyld sent me a PM that they're bringing Ecstasi (and a new just accepted character) back into the game! Yay new friends :D

Also, I added more information about the dorms as well!

Miss Eleanora

I think I will join, lots of my friends in this game. ^^ Is goomy a pokemon that is acceptable since it is a first stage evolution, and is soooo freaking adorable.

Idlewyld

Cool - got two characters in myself. I can't wait to start!

Metraxa

Name: Aiden Hale

Personality: Aiden is a peaceful soul who does not jump easily to conflict when faced with adversity. He would rather everyone get along with each other, even if he can understand why some people might be competitive about Pokemon. He cares deeply about his pokemon, and holds a certain fondness for those Pokemon he does not work with either. As such he finds himself more easily swayed by his Pokemon's desires, He enjoys being in nature and has a keen eye for detail, and it would not be surprising to find him lazing the day away as he takes a succession of photographs. He can be very energetic about what he cares for though, to the point of being a bit reckless in pursuit of it. But ultimately he is fun loving and doesn't want to stress too much over things that don't matter.

Home Town: Goldenrod City

Starter Pokemon: Skitty

Background: When it comes down to it Aiden was not that exceptional, or at least so he will say. The first of two siblings, he bounced around from interest to interest when he was young as he grew up in Goldenrod. Pokemon was one of those that was successful in holding his attention, but he never really seemed to be all that interested in battling. It was with the assistance of a teacher that he ended up finding his calling, expressed through initial club activities. With the financial help of his parents he was able to obtain a camera and become a photographer of Pokemon and other things that seemed to stand out to him. He devoted much of his time to that, and was eventually able to get a few pictures sold and published as well as a sign of the growth of his talents.

This was further developed thanks to his parents occasional travels, and his frequenting of some of the parks in Goldenrod. He became a presence that could be easily found there, but as time passed he found that he wasn't really improving as he might like, leaving him frustrated and unsure how to proceed. Along the way he got his Skitty, who has taken up an unofficial position as assistant for his photographic endeavors. Ultimately he was able to gain entry to Pokken Academy, where he hopes to develop his skill and get some credentials before going into official publication and adventuring for photography.

Best Experience With Pokemon: One moment really stands out to Aiden in his experience with Pokemon. Sneaking away from the house one day, he was taken completely aback to stumble upon Mew seemingly from nowhere in the woods. Though he can't remember all the details, he knows that they spent at least a bit of time together, and there is a picture remaining on his camera of Mew, as if urging him to try and find it again.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Getting chased by an angry pack of Mightyena that took offense to his presence and efforts to take a picture of one of their pups. That kinda speaks to itself.

Other: Likes candy.

SweetSerenade

Alright screw it, I'm going to post my interest. Thanks to a lot of friends talking about this. Im interested in playing someone that wants to be a Professor, much like oak. I've only got experience with the earlier games, and a large chunk of the anime(thanks to having a daughter that loves binge watching it), so I'm looking more along the lines of an Eevee - Vulpix - Alolan Vulpix - as my potential starter pokemon. (Picking one of those mind you). Got any suggestions?

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

ZephySempai

Quote from: Miss Eleanora on July 22, 2018, 11:33:01 AM
I think I will join, lots of my friends in this game. ^^ Is goomy a pokemon that is acceptable since it is a first stage evolution, and is soooo freaking adorable.

I hope I can be a new friend as well :D

As for Goomy, yes, you're more than welcome to use it as a starter. I kinda like it. It's cute to look at. Gets badass when it evolves, but that's the charm with most pokemon lol.

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 22, 2018, 12:24:38 PM
Alright screw it, I'm going to post my interest. Thanks to a lot of friends talking about this. Im interested in playing someone that wants to be a Professor, much like oak. I've only got experience with the earlier games, and a large chunk of the anime(thanks to having a daughter that loves binge watching it), so I'm looking more along the lines of an Eevee - Vulpix - Alolan Vulpix - as my potential starter pokemon. (Picking one of those mind you). Got any suggestions?

People are talking about this???

But yeah, either of those pokemon would be just fine :)

Both are always crowd favorites. I'd say go with whichever is your favorite color. That's one of the ways I settle difficult decisions xD for better or worse. Dont worry about experience level either. I picked the particular location of Pokken's island so that the original pokemon would be in abundance, but others would still be accessible:D

I'm also excited to see your character as well. I like to see characters that branch away from the traditional route: having an aspiring professor would be amazing. Cant wait to see what kinda trouble they get into with their... *ahem* experiments

SweetSerenade

Yep, friends on discord are talking up a storm about this game. XD I couldn't resist any longer. I'll see what I can throw together. The Eevee is for evolutionary research, where as the different forms of Vulpix are for location based research. What makes Alolan Vulpix ice type? How can this be applied to others? I'm going to think about this while I'm working and come up with an idea for a character. I love researcher/bookworm characters. Got any qualms with her having attended another academy growing up? Instead of being a traveling trainer? Like say...the one in Kango, or the 'Royal' one in...gods what's that region? Later pokemon game...I know it because of the anime.

ZephySempai

I've got no issue with them coming from another school. We're open to all walks of life :D

As for the Pokemon that would be a tough call as to which one to pick as a starter. Personally, I'm more interested in the icy Vulpix. Definitely would love to plot the reasoning behind its icy form. Maybe we could plot a way for your character coming into contact with/capturing one. Hell you might get lucky and somebody picks one as a starter lol

SweetSerenade

I'm open to that. If you wanna hit me up in PM, or stuff like that. I'm at work for awhile still.

JoanieSappho

And there's a question which I probably asked the first time around, but which is actually a background detail for me this time around.
Human - pokemon relations. Are they allowed, both in and out of game? Both as something actively happening, and as references to things happening/having had happened offscreen?

Miss Eleanora

Name: Emily Atkins

Personality: Emily has a bubbly and upbeat kind of personality and is a very positive person. She's the sort who upon finding out that it is raining and she has no umbrella will smile and say that at least she won't overheat on the way home. The sort who always finds the way to use the lemons to make lemonade. She likes to think of herself as being resilient and ready to take on the world, and has always pushed herself to do the very best that she can and to excel. She tends to assume the best about people, something that has burned her in the past but that she still does. Unless you really put forth an effort to convince her that she should dislike you, her instinct is to try and make friends with her fellow students and she hates to burn bridges with others.

She loves pokemon, and one of the few ways you can really earn her ire is to be mean or cruel to the cute creatures that we share the world with. She has never met a pokemon she will not hug. Yes, she hugged a muk once. And that muk was very happy too. It needed some affection!

Home Town: Pallet Town

Starter Pokemon: Goomy

Background: Emily was born and raised in Pallet town. Her life really hasn't been the most eventful all things considered, not all that much really happens in the small town. But it was home and it was a pleasant place to live. When she was 10 her family went on a vacation, and during the course of the vacation expedition Emily stumbled across the pokemon that would become her new best friend. Which is how the girl from Pallet town ended up with a goomy of all things. It didn't take much encouragement for the lonely pokemon to join up with her, well, after she picked it up, hugged it, and declared that it was adorable.

In school Emily has always been a hard worker, and was quite successful. She was normally at the top of her class in most areas, though was particularly skilled in areas where the classes were focused on pokemon. She also got pretty good at doodling cute picture of pokemon in her schoolbooks, it was a way to pass time after she inevitably finished her work early. She's looking forward to attending Pokken Academy, learning more about pokemon themselves, getting the chance to go on adventures with her bestest friend ever, and figuring out what sort of career she actually wants to pursue. Emily has put some thought into the question but so far there are too many career paths that seem interesting to her, she does know 100% that whatever her final job is, it will involve pokemon.

Best Experience With Pokemon: For a while as teenager, she had an internship at a pokemon day care. She greatly enjoyed working with the pokemon there, making friends with them. It was especially great because the group of pokemon would change frequently, letting her make new friends all the time and learn a lot about what the different pokemon liked and disliked.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Honestly, she hasn't had any really bad experiences with pokemon. The worst would probably be the time she accidentally managed to scare a bunch of caterpie as a little girl, and then got cocooned by the ensuing string shot barrage.

Other: Emily despite her appearance and her preference for adorable and cute pokemon, has actually had a significant amount of martial arts training and can kick a lot of butt if she has too.

ZephySempai

Quote from: SweetSerenade on July 22, 2018, 05:00:52 PM
I'm open to that. If you wanna hit me up in PM, or stuff like that. I'm at work for awhile still.

Definitely. I been at work ALLL day myself so :P

Quote from: JoanieSappho on July 22, 2018, 06:22:53 PM
And there's a question which I probably asked the first time around, but which is actually a background detail for me this time around.
Human - pokemon relations. Are they allowed, both in and out of game? Both as something actively happening, and as references to things happening/having had happened offscreen?

I'm going to begrudgingly say yes, as I did last time. While I'm not against it, I personally may not participate. Then again... I might. Fuck it, we'll see where this takes us. Go for it. Let's see how many people quit (Or who will be the 1st to bring in a Tangela huehuehue).

Quote from: Miss Eleanora on July 22, 2018, 08:18:15 PM
Name: Emily Atkins

Personality: Emily has a bubbly and upbeat kind of personality and is a very positive person. She's the sort who upon finding out that it is raining and she has no umbrella will smile and say that at least she won't overheat on the way home. The sort who always finds the way to use the lemons to make lemonade. She likes to think of herself as being resilient and ready to take on the world, and has always pushed herself to do the very best that she can and to excel. She tends to assume the best about people, something that has burned her in the past but that she still does. Unless you really put forth an effort to convince her that she should dislike you, her instinct is to try and make friends with her fellow students and she hates to burn bridges with others.

She loves pokemon, and one of the few ways you can really earn her ire is to be mean or cruel to the cute creatures that we share the world with. She has never met a pokemon she will not hug. Yes, she hugged a muk once. And that muk was very happy too. It needed some affection!

Home Town: Pallet Town

Starter Pokemon: Goomy

Background: Emily was born and raised in Pallet town. Her life really hasn't been the most eventful all things considered, not all that much really happens in the small town. But it was home and it was a pleasant place to live. When she was 10 her family went on a vacation, and during the course of the vacation expedition Emily stumbled across the pokemon that would become her new best friend. Which is how the girl from Pallet town ended up with a goomy of all things. It didn't take much encouragement for the lonely pokemon to join up with her, well, after she picked it up, hugged it, and declared that it was adorable.

In school Emily has always been a hard worker, and was quite successful. She was normally at the top of her class in most areas, though was particularly skilled in areas where the classes were focused on pokemon. She also got pretty good at doodling cute picture of pokemon in her schoolbooks, it was a way to pass time after she inevitably finished her work early. She's looking forward to attending Pokken Academy, learning more about pokemon themselves, getting the chance to go on adventures with her bestest friend ever, and figuring out what sort of career she actually wants to pursue. Emily has put some thought into the question but so far there are too many career paths that seem interesting to her, she does know 100% that whatever her final job is, it will involve pokemon.

Best Experience With Pokemon: For a while as teenager, she had an internship at a pokemon day care. She greatly enjoyed working with the pokemon there, making friends with them. It was especially great because the group of pokemon would change frequently, letting her make new friends all the time and learn a lot about what the different pokemon liked and disliked.

Worst Experience With Pokemon: Honestly, she hasn't had any really bad experiences with pokemon. The worst would probably be the time she accidentally managed to scare a bunch of caterpie as a little girl, and then got cocooned by the ensuing string shot barrage.

Other: Emily despite her appearance and her preference for adorable and cute pokemon, has actually had a significant amount of martial arts training and can kick a lot of butt if she has too.

OMG she's so adorable! I love it. Pretty girls that are nice and bubbly are like, the best. Even still, however, she just seems too nice. Why? Why is she so happy all the time? What is she trying to prove to herself? I wanna know what's beneath that cheery smile and the reasoning behind the hugs. Of course, that's just me personally. She could very well just be an angel. The only angels on Earth, however, are the ones who've fallen. We'll see. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this one.

As for now, congratulations on your acceptance to Pokken Academy!!

I hadn't gotten the opportunity at work today to add the Info Station so I'll be working on that for the night. I plan on having it up within the next hour (Literally copying and pasting Information) But I may one to add/change/delete things as I go, so we'll see. Also, I have Pizza coming over! Yay Pizza!

Thanks for all the support guys!

Also!

@JoanieSappho
You're bringing Shizu back, right? Please? I need my fix of thiccness

SweetSerenade

PM sent to start chatting things over, I have a couple ideas... but not sure how well they would play out and all that, but we can chat about them when you have the chance. Already selected an appearance, and will be looking for images of her pokemon, based on what we work out. :3