Fantasy rp [m x f]

Started by Grassy, July 19, 2017, 02:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassy

Hello everyone, I am new here and I'd like to roleplay with someone, I always enjoyed fantasy but we can do a different theme, romance or that sort of stuff is completely optional. If it gets boring for you please tell me and I will try to do something differently to your liking.

Mister Morgue

Hello! I'm always up for a good fantasy-setting RP with a bit of romance thrown in! Being new here, and as of yet unapproved, I'm just sort of browsing around and looking for possible people to post with!

What sort of setting would you be best with, or prefer? Do you already have a character in mind that you'd like to play? Let me know!

j3ll0m0nk3y

I would be down for a fantasy romance. I have a variety of characters I'd be willing to play depending on your preferences. They're linked in my signature. I'm always down for some kind of quest with a romantic subplot, I like Middle Earth / GoT-esque settings.

Mister Morgue

it seems like there's an "expired" tag on the original poster, so they may not return or are unable to return to respond to this thread. I probably should have paid attention to that earlier.

But, j3ll0m0nk3y, those settings sound like fun! I enjoy some high fantasy settings myself! Unfortunately as I am still unapproved, I cannot view your signature or RP preferences. If you'd like to see the style of my writing or give me a prompt to see if it's a style you can work with, I still have my introductory thread open and am answering questions and the like there :D Otherwise, perhaps after I am (hopefully) approved, we could chat again :)

j3ll0m0nk3y

I believe you're still allowed to post in the sandbox so if you like we can get something started there.

Here are my characters. If any jump out at you let me know and we can come up with a plot. I can send you reference pics of some of them, but I make no guarantees on the quality of my art hahaha

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Isaac
-vampire
-436 years old, looks about 30
-heterosexual
-former actor and street fencer
-current drifter
-drug abuser and alcoholic
-I am also willing to do human!Isaac AUs in fantasy settings wherein he is a bit more "heteroflexible"

Iaine
-fae
-age unknown, looks about 25
-bisexual
-physically aggressive
-nature lover
-seriously enjoys her weed
-she's one of my newer ones so if you pick her you'll get to help flesh her out

Etienne
-vampire
-596 years old, looks 19
-homosexual
-former valet/sex slave
-current human trafficker
-haute couture
-hands down my darkest character, comes with a TON of conditions that need discussing

Eira
-half elf or human, depending on setting
-homosexual
-dysfunctional upbringing
-warlock
-another of my newer ones, perhaps even less fleshed out than Iaine

Endymion
-elf
-about 1000, looks about 30
-heterosexual
-warrior prince OR disgraced war criminal, depending on your plot preferences
-lots of repressed anger
-parental neglect issues
-not necessarily the brightest, but makes up for it by being intimidating as fuck

Mister Morgue

yeah, I can still post in the public area :D

As for characters, Isaac or Endymion would probably work if you don't mind playing one of those. I'm pretty flexible with plot lines and settings and such. If you give me a setting I can probably make up a character for it. If you have reference pictures I'd love to see them! I draw my characters now and then too, but I'm an artist by trade, so I generally don't do too bad in that regard.

At any rate, just let me know ideas for what sort of storyline you'd be interested in working on! :D

j3ll0m0nk3y

Well here's Isaac:

I'm not quite done with that pic of him but you get the basic idea. I'm not super great with digital media, I traced this over a sketch I took a picture of on my phone...

And here's Endymion:

One day I will get a proper tablet instead of just a Samsung Note5 and will learn to draw properly but until then there are my doofuses (doofi?)

As far as possible plots, Isaac is a bit of a vagabond and a romantic so he would be great for those "rescue the plucky young noblewoman" plots. He also lends himself well to more gothic plots, as he is a vampire. If you wanted a Victorian setting he gleefully volunteers. In GoT I always imagined him eventually joining the Faceless Men.

Endymion, on the other hand is more lawful and pragmatic. He's a bit of an ice prince and a conqueror of foreign lands so "lovely young prisoner of war melts general's icy exterior" might work for him. He's super great for medieval and high fantasy settings, being an elf and whatnot. GoT-wise I picture him as one of the saner Targaryens.

Mister Morgue

Quote from: j3ll0m0nk3y on August 19, 2017, 11:12:32 PM
As far as possible plots, Isaac is a bit of a vagabond and a romantic so he would be great for those "rescue the plucky young noblewoman" plots. He also lends himself well to more gothic plots, as he is a vampire. If you wanted a Victorian setting he gleefully volunteers. In GoT I always imagined him eventually joining the Faceless Men.

Endymion, on the other hand is more lawful and pragmatic. He's a bit of an ice prince and a conqueror of foreign lands so "lovely young prisoner of war melts general's icy exterior" might work for him. He's super great for medieval and high fantasy settings, being an elf and whatnot. GoT-wise I picture him as one of the saner Targaryens.

Both of those give me a really great idea for what they look like, thanks for that! The picture of Endymion looks really well shaded. I'd love to see what you can do if you ever get a tablet!

Either of those settings would be absolutely lovely! Do you have a leaning toward either at present?

j3ll0m0nk3y

Why thank you! I haven't had much of a chance to work with Endymion yet if you don't mind putting up with my arrogant Elven bastard lol

Mister Morgue

haha, I don't mind at all!

So, do you want to have a elf/human sort of scenario, or perhaps he conquered another elven nation? Which do you think would work best? Like I said, I'm pretty flexible with settings and such. I have an idea for a character now, hopefully she'll work for the story. I just have to decide whether she's human or... not.

j3ll0m0nk3y

I would be fine either way, though he probably would only give a human a second glance if she were some sort of nobility or magician or exceptional in some other way. Elves he's a little less picky with.

Also he's a naval general so if you'd like we can set it near the ocean

Mister Morgue

oh! Ok, that would be nice - being by the water! Perhaps a port town of some sort? I think that my character would probably have been one of the captured fighters, perhaps? What do you think? I'll probably end up going with an Elvish lady.

j3ll0m0nk3y

Sounds perfect to me! Are you thinking the town is of strategic importance (easily defensible and whatnot) or more a chance to restock supplies? It'll affect how he moves about the town and what he focuses on.

Mister Morgue

I like the idea of a strategic port, maybe near some mountains or something like that. Where it's hard to get at from any other angle other than the water?

j3ll0m0nk3y

Ooh I like this. So he's be in extra alert for city guards who have experience defending the site

Mister Morgue

Yeah, so I figure she might be one of the city guards. I think this is a pretty good starting point! Do you want to set up a thread for us in to get started in where you can set up the scene - it could be post-seige, so that the guards are all pretty much already captured?

j3ll0m0nk3y

I can make that happen! I'm about to go to bed but I'll get a starter up tomorrow morning before work

Mister Morgue

Sounds good! I'm looking forward to it - and have a good night!

Mister Morgue

Hey, Look! I've been approved, that means when you start the thread you can start it where ever you like!

j3ll0m0nk3y

Hello! Sorry the starter took so long, I overslept this morning and had to rush out the door. Anyway, here it is: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=273400.0

Edit: Congrats on your approval by the way! Also pardon the names, I bs'ed them

Mister Morgue

ahaha, no worries! If you like, we can have PMs reserved for OOC stuff if that makes it easier. Heading over to read the thread now!

Sadies

Hello, are you still seeking RP partners? I am new, waiting to be approved, but looking for rp. I love to RP fantasy and happy to rp as either a male or female character. I have lots of fantasy peoples/creature characters. :)

It took me my demons to show me my angels.​

j3ll0m0nk3y

I'm always down for new plots. My characters are listed in one of the spoiler tags above. I'm already doing a thread with Endymion but if any of the others jump out at you let me know

Sadies

Quote from: j3ll0m0nk3y on August 21, 2017, 05:05:12 PM
I'm always down for new plots. My characters are listed in one of the spoiler tags above. I'm already doing a thread with Endymion but if any of the others jump out at you let me know

Hi, have you found some-one to rp with Etienne? He seems pretty interesting to me. I have a handful of characters that you may find interesting for him?

Yori Toshio
- Neko
- Male (No sexual preferences)
- Extremely shy/fearful. I mean to the ext ream, he rarely talks, takes a long time for him to warm up to anyone. Won't fight back if attacked despite fear of threatening behaviour.
- Had an tough childhood.
- Is a hidden genius.
- No special powers.

Ryuu Tatsu
- Half Human, Half Fire Elemental.
- Male. (Homosexual.)
- Hyperactive, flamboyant, loud, overly clingy and charismatic.
- Likes to wear woman's clothes.
- Collects random junk.
- This character is like Marmite. Either love or hate him. He can be a bit much for some people.
- Can control the fire elements and heat manipulation. 

Karasu
- Scare (Can transform into a single crow or a murder (group) of crows.)
- Male (Bisexual)
- Mysterious. Strong minded, occasionally cruel, manipulative. Needs leadership to keep him on the right path.
- The last survivor of his village.
- Sound Manipulation.

Deumas
- Wendigo
- Male (Bisexual)
- A bit of a flirt, loves to toy with the humans and hunt them.
- Was cursed as Wendigo many years ago, changes back to human. Struggles to control his other side.
- He is a new-ish character and I haven't RPed him for very long.

I have many more characters, these are the only ones I can think of off my head right now. I can make a new character if you want me too. If  anyone else interested, do let me know :)
It took me my demons to show me my angels.​