Super Smash Bros. Bangin' (Accepting Applicants)

Started by SammyGirl, May 12, 2014, 12:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdwardShane

The more, the merrier!  Write 'em up, post 'em down!  8D 

SammyGirl

Quote from: Behindthemask75 on September 19, 2014, 06:18:20 PM
Still accepting applications? I'm thinking of a few characters...
Yes, we are definitely still accepting.

We're in need of many of the original smashers, but other characters from other games that appeared on a nintendo system are welcome too! Let me know if you need anything at all

Behindthemask75

Maybe no original smashers here, but I'm close. I'll start with these two for now. When I feel like I can properly do them both justice at the same time, I may add one or two more.

Character Name: Falco Lombardi
Character Gender and Species: Male Anthropomorphic Vietnamese Pheasant
Originating Game: Star Fox (SNES), Star Fox 64 (N64)
5 words to describe Falco’s personality: Rash, brazen, impulsive, egotistical (barely), and cranky
Battle Skills and weaponry: Martial arts, and blasters.
Pokemon or other partner: None.
Brief History:

Falco was probably born around 19 years before the start of the Lylat Wars, where the evil scientist Andross attempted to take over the Lylat system. The original Star Fox team was sent to investigate the planet Venom, but was captured by Andross. Peppy Hare somehow survived the capture, and made his way back to Corneria to inform Fox McCloud that his father James had died on Venom. Fox then forms a new Star Fox team, including himself, Peppy Hare, Slippy Toad, and Falco Lombardi.

After the team vanquished Andross, Falco remained part of the team for 4 years. When on a mission, the team receives reports of surviving Venomian army units lead by Captain Shears as he attempts to resurrect Andross. Falco saves Katt Monroe and the Hot Rodders during this mission, and thus decides to leave Star Fox. He decides to “go it alone” for a while.

Falco reappears at the end of the Saurian Crisis, just in time to save Fox from the third visage of Andross. He then rejoins the team, and helps the group battle the Aparoid threat.

Character Name: Wolf O’Donnel
Character Gender and Species: Male Anthropomorphic Wolf
Originating Game: Star Fox 64 (N64)
5 Words to describe Wolf’s Personality: Brash, Impulsive, Eager, Evil, Respectful
Battle Skills and weaponry: Blaster, martial arts
Partner: None.
Brief History:

Wolf is the leader of the space pirate crew Star Wolf. Wolf’s personality leads him to living on the wrong side of the law. So when Andross offered him a sum of money to kill Fox McCloud and Star Fox, Wolf was happy to accept. His team consists of himself, Andrew Oikonny (Andross’s nephew), Leon Powalski, Pigma Dengar, and (after Pigma’s departure) Panther Caroso.

Throughout the Lylat War, Star Wolf plagued Star Fox, trying everything in their power to slow or stop the group. However, Star Wolf failed at each occasion, and Star Fox continued their march to Venom. Once Andross had been defeated, Wolf and the rest of the group returned to hiding in the Saragosa Space Zone, a zone rich with outlaws. It is here where Pigma and Andrew left the group.

Through much of the Aparoid invasion, Star Wolf keeps to the Saragosa Zone. The only exception comes when Wolf lends his help to Fox McCloud in the liberation of Corneria. The Star Wolf team then proceeds to act as a distraction to allow the Star Fox team to reach the Aparoid queen, though the team survives.

Check my O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=311723.0

If I'm not replying fast enough for you, check here first: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=214700.0

SammyGirl

Awesome! Falco and Wolf!!!
Accepted, obviously XD

I'm sure Samus will have fun with those two XD

Behindthemask75

Might I request the location of the current characters, so I can best decide where to drop Wolf and Falco? And I sure hope that more than just Samus has fun with them. I might need to keep them away from each other for a while, haha.
Check my O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=311723.0

If I'm not replying fast enough for you, check here first: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=214700.0

EdwardShane

That reminds me.....did someone say we needed more villains?  Oh, right...I did  ::)

Character Name: The Demon Skorne
Character Gender and Species: Male Greater Demon
Originating Game: Gauntlet Legends (N64)
5 words to describe personality: Hateful, cruel, cunning, power hungry
Battle Skills and weaponry: Poweful magics and much physical might
Pokemon or other partner: A plethora of minions gathered from around the Eight Realms, known as The Forsaken Province, The Mountain Kingdom, The Castle Stronghold, The Sky Dominion, The Forest Realms, The Desert Lands, The Ice Domain, and The Dream World.  His strongest eight minions are the commanders of each realm, the Lich, the Dragon, the Chimera, the Plague Fiend, the Spider Queen, the Genie, the Yeti, and the Shadow Wraith.
Brief History:

*must be read in epic announcer's voice!*

In an ancient time, the evil mage Garm, using the power of the runestones unleashed a great evil upon the lands.  This demon, Skorne, broke free of Garm's control, crushing him and imprisoning his soul in the Underworld.  Skorne then released his minions upon the lands, and scattered the runestones across the eight realms so that they might never again be assembled and used against him.  No one had dared try, until four brave souls eventually took the task upon themselves to fight back.

The heroes fought through each of the realms, taking out his commanders one by one, collecting the shards that would allow them access to his Desecrated Temple, as well as the runestones he had scattered among the realms.  When finally they came to face him in the Desecrated Temple, he laughed at their folly.  His power almost overwhelmed them all, but they managed to defeat him and banish him into the Underworld.

By collecting twelve runestones, the heroes were able to follow him there, and being better prepared than before, eliminated Skorne, killing him so that he may never again disturb the eight realms.  However, Garm's soul absorbed Skorne's power, allowing him to break free of his bonds in an ironic twist so that he might use a mighty undead army to assault the tower of Sumner, the wizard who aided the four heroes.

Once again, the heroes took up their weapons.  Once again, they cut through the armies of evil, collected the secret thirteenth runestone, and once more they eliminated the threat.  All was thought to be well, everyone believing that the evils of Garm and Skorne were gone once and for all.  They did not realize that Garm's corpse gave Skorne's power a vessel in which he could use to come back from the grave.  No one realized that the demon would, in time, come back to life......until now.

EdwardShane

Quote from: Behindthemask75 on September 19, 2014, 07:54:10 PM
Might I request the location of the current characters, so I can best decide where to drop Wolf and Falco? And I sure hope that more than just Samus has fun with them. I might need to keep them away from each other for a while, haha.

Some characters might be in multiple locations at once.  It'd be better to figure out who exactly, you want to interact with, and then figure out where they might be.  You're always welcome in the Gaming Grounds or the Trailer park, the former being for....*coughs* interesting amusement, and the latter being good for general randomness/getting used to your characters.  As for the main storyline, that's where the actual true plot is. 

Oh, and if you just wanna do some fighting, check the Stadium out.  The only one there currently, though, is a legendary reploid who might just take on a challenger...

SammyGirl

Ace Flyer

Aww, I waited too long, and now I missed out on Wolf...Oh well! ^^

I see Fox is free again though...Hmm, I'll think about it...

vysethethird

Quote from: SammyGirl on September 19, 2014, 06:00:59 PM
Wow o.o you learn something new every day.

I had no idea there was an opposum in an snes game. Now I do......
XD

Well, Sparkster is accepted!

Let me know if you ever need anything.

anthormorphic one, but think their might have been another. Just with a more cheesy title and not as good. Only thing I might need is where to start.

otherwise, going with the one from... 4-5 years ago

vysethethird

Hmm, if there is need for more villians, I can probably offer some. Besides Axel Gear (Sparksters arch nemesis), I think I might lean towards a duo from the Golden Sun games. Though which ones will take some time for me to decide.

Character name:  Axel Gear
Character Gender and Species: Male, Opossum
Originating Game: Rocket Knight Adventures
5 words to describe personality: Conniving, Traitorous, Envious, short-tempered, resilient
Battle Skills and Weaponry: Similar moves to Sparkster (See his list) Though he has some extra weaponry, from missiles, laser mines, and some shuriken like disks
Pokemon or other: None
Brief History: Another war orphan raised by Mifune Sanjulo as well, he was trained in the way, but when Sparkster was brought in did his jealously start to take hold. It turned to hatred when Sparkster seemed to be more favored by Mifune, and Axel eventually grew tired of being second to him. He eventually attempted to steal the Rocket Knight Book of Secrets, though caught by Mifune, he managed to overcome the master and gravely wound him and escaped. He managed to use the book to become more skilled, allying himself to the Black Knights, Rocket Knights who ally with those they see fit. During the ten years, he ended up clashing and killing most other Black Knights, leaving him to be the last of the Black Knights (Considering there are no other Black Knights listed, I would assume it is a ‘no honor among thieves’ type group) and to do as he pleased. Since then he allies himself with the forces in opposition to Zephyrus.

SammyGirl

Ace Flyer: Yes! Fox is indeed free!

Vyse: Characters from Golden sun would be awesome! As for Axel Gear, I assume he makes an appearance in the SNES Sparkster game?

vysethethird

Quote from: SammyGirl on September 20, 2014, 10:10:05 AM
Ace Flyer: Yes! Fox is indeed free!

Vyse: Characters from Golden sun would be awesome! As for Axel Gear, I assume he makes an appearance in the SNES Sparkster game?

He sure does. He is boss of Stage 6 in the SNES game (Music level) And in stage 7, but its more of a robot on robot match.

SammyGirl

Okie dokie. Well, we needed more villains, so he's accepted too!

Zekromnomnom

Do you need more villains for like shenanigans or more for like...whatever Shadow and Kerrigan are sleuthing about?

Cause I have ideas for shenanigan villains, or possibly more scheming ones.

SammyGirl

Yeah, we could use some shenanigans XDD
That would be so awesome.

Zekromnomnom

I actually forgot who the shenanigan villain idea was. Son of a gun.

I feel kinda dumb now.

Ace Flyer

King Deedede? Wario? Umm...Gruntilda (from Banjo-Kazooie)?

Master Hand?

All I got :p

EDIT: I didn't want to double post, so I'll put this here. In the main thread I'm going to wait for Ridley's player to have a chance to respond before I post again. I don't want to DM what happens with Shulk's invention or anything, so, I'll wait and see how he decides it works.

Zekromnomnom

I was looking at King K. Rool or however it's spelled, but I don't want to play two big reptile baddies, you know? And Wario is just...no...

I actually had one idea, but I don't really see it being as prone to shenanigans as the ones you mentioned. I was honestly considering playing Giovanni.

Although I think at some point, playing a hero might be fun.

SammyGirl

Quote from: Ace Flyer on September 21, 2014, 07:36:12 PM

EDIT: I didn't want to double post, so I'll put this here. In the main thread I'm going to wait for Ridley's player to have a chance to respond before I post again. I don't want to DM what happens with Shulk's invention or anything, so, I'll wait and see how he decides it works.

That's fine. I'll wait just a bit too so that ridley doesn't get lost in a sea of posts.

Quote from: Zekromnomnom on September 22, 2014, 06:53:36 AM
I was looking at King K. Rool or however it's spelled, but I don't want to play two big reptile baddies, you know? And Wario is just...no...

I actually had one idea, but I don't really see it being as prone to shenanigans as the ones you mentioned. I was honestly considering playing Giovanni.

Although I think at some point, playing a hero might be fun.

Yeah, Giovanni's not prone to shenanigans so much as jessie and james. The idea of King Deedede is a funny one, and you know, even if you make another villain you're always welcome to a hero.

Zekromnomnom

I have a question. Since EdwardShane is playing a Megaman character, would he, or anyone else, mind if I played a different one?

EdwardShane

My only request is that it is not Omega Zero, from MMZ3 or Megaman ZX.  I am using aspects from him for Zero's Final Smash, and it would make things weird for him to both be walking around and the explanation I have in mind for Zero's awakening...

Other than that, I have no problems at all!  Who'd you have in mind?

Zekromnomnom

Oh, no. I wasn't planning on anything to do with Zero. I was a huge fan back in the day, but he's not really my speed anymore.

I was actually thinking of Protoman.

EdwardShane

Ah, the Classic equivalent of Zero.  XD
....or are you going with the Battle Network iteration of Protoman?

Zekromnomnom

Nope. Never got very far into Battle Network. I tried, but I wasn't good enough at the later levels, so I don't know what all happens with Protoman.

So I'll just go with the Megaman's older brother kind of thing. If everyone is okay with that.