Mass Effect: N7 Operation's (GM, seeking Mass Effect group. Need f)

Started by Prosak, May 29, 2013, 07:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shade

Prosak asked for a basic outline of my character for him to OK before filling out a full character profile. I'm waiting for his yay or nay.

Countdown0

Quote from: Wargtass on June 03, 2013, 01:11:22 PM
Technically none of us are in. If the number of applicants exceeds the number of spots Prosak will pick those that he finds holds up best. That said, I would certainly have a hard time picking out the best. But when all is said and done I think Judith and Tiverian would make a good combat pair, between the two they could blow anything up and build veritable castles out of rubble.  ;D  That and Tiverians calm demeanor might hold Judith's hothead just below boiling point and she seems rough enough that she could keep him out of Wonderland.  ::)

Not to mention Naenia. Mreow! ;D

Everyone loves the Asari :D
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Prosak

Quote from: Shade on June 03, 2013, 03:56:02 PM
If there are too many for one, maybe they could be divided into two groups?

Well, if enough people show interest I can be persuaded into making it a team of 8. Lol. But for now, there needs to be a bit more female interest, or female characters. I say this since, I am trying to make an equal basis of gender and Sexual preference. No one want's to be in the corner alone while other players get to have that romance they want for their character. And that is a issue I am trying my best to eliminate.

Countdown0

Quote from: Prosak on June 03, 2013, 07:23:03 PM
Well, if enough people show interest I can be persuaded into making it a team of 8. Lol. But for now, there needs to be a bit more female interest, or female characters. I say this since, I am trying to make an equal basis of gender and Sexual preference. No one want's to be in the corner alone while other players get to have that romance they want for their character. And that is a issue I am trying my best to eliminate.

Fair enough. :P

Maybe offer cookies to female players is they join? To show that you are serious, let's give Luvan a cookie.

(::)

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Prosak

Lol, If only it really worked like that. I guess if anyone knows anyone that is looking for a good ME rp, and is female. Give them a link via pm. :)

Wargtass

Is it really necessary for the player to be female or just the character? Just asking out of curiosity.
O/O

Countdown0

Quote from: Wargtass on June 03, 2013, 11:22:49 PM
Is it really necessary for the player to be female or just the character? Just asking out of curiosity.

I don't know if it is preferable, but given we only have 1 female player, it would certainly add a bit of diversity :P

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Prosak

Gender of player does not matter. I only mean we need one or two more female characters. One of our female characters is already played by a male. So I think that already answers the question. ^_^ So, if any one is interested. Speak now please. lol.

Lord of Shadows

If needed I can switch gender on Jess (not too much of a fuss really). Instead of his real name would be James, her's would be Jessica. Finding a new picture would be easy.

Prosak

FragarachZ

Not sure if 8 people will go smoothly. If there's that much interest it might be better to consider splitting into two squads of 4?

Also Lord of Shadows, I love the new picture on Jess! She looks almost like my first crush back in school days, haha.
O&O

Luvan95

Quote from: Countdown0 on June 03, 2013, 06:02:25 PM
Everyone loves the Asari :D
Asari are the best!  ;D

Quote from: Countdown0 on June 03, 2013, 09:05:58 PM
Fair enough. :P

Maybe offer cookies to female players is they join? To show that you are serious, let's give Luvan a cookie.

(::)
And thank you for the cookie!  ;)

I think that the six persons we have are enough, eight might get a little to messy with everyone interacting with eachother.

The new female Jess looks great, but I would advise you to change all the mentionings of the word 'He', 'His' or 'Him' to the female counterparts.  :-)
On's/Off's

Edit 24/9-21: Have been gone for a while, but now I'm back and ready to play.

Lord of Shadows

Quote from: Luvan95 on June 04, 2013, 02:58:33 AM
The new female Jess looks great, but I would advise you to change all the mentionings of the word 'He', 'His' or 'Him' to the female counterparts.  :-)

Dammit I thought I had done that.

Luvan95

On's/Off's

Countdown0

Quote from: Luvan95 on June 04, 2013, 02:58:33 AM
Asari are the best!  ;D
And thank you for the cookie!  ;)

I think that the six persons we have are enough, eight might get a little to messy with everyone interacting with eachother.

You are quite welcome, my dear.

And yeah... 6 feels like a pretty good number for something like this. Not that we couldn't make 8 work, but it seems to me that we have all the squaddies we need. More people might result in having characters that feel a bit too 'similar' in combat >.>

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Luvan95

Well now that we have a balanced group, do you feel good starting the RP gamemaster Prosak? :)
On's/Off's

Prosak

Sure! I think we are good to go. I wanted to wait, and be nice to Shade though. He has not made his sheet yet. But, rather then having to chose between who is better, I think we will just start. I apologize to you Shade, but I think I am going to start now. If a spot opens, I will send you a pm. :D

Starting post will be up within some time. For now, we should discuss some details. Such as where you all think we should keep it? As in what group type? Light exotic small group's? Or would 6 be considered a big group? And, how about some voting on our ship. Since we would be a team, that does missions. We would more then likely be on our own light class ship, more along the size of the normandy. So, maybe this? : http://www.entropiaplanets.com/w/images/5/56/Imperium_Spaceship_Concept_Art_02.jpg

two level's, with a third on the back. Level one being: Main deck, combat and information center, with cockpit. Second: Kitchen, bar, living quarter's ' each of you with their own room's.  And in the back of the ship would be the captain's quarter's. Third: Hangar bay, and equipment center fitted with locker's. With our own Kodiak Shuttle.

FragarachZ

Since it would be a military ship I assume everyone would have a rank and duties. Judith would likely be in enginering or the armor, fixing stuff. She also wouldn't pilot since she has likely the most equipment to carry and the shuttle might need repairs if it gets under fire.

Small or large group games are seperated by how many threads you open for them I think. If you don't want a seperate thread for every location I think this might still pass as a small group game, but it's your call.
O&O

Luvan95

I think Light Exotic Small Group would be the place for us, right?
And that ship looks good. :) We should decide on a name for it as well. Since it's a N7 operation I guess the ship would be and Alliance vessel, so it's gonna be the "SSV" something. Maybe "SSV Polaris"?
And do we have extra ship personel or do we fly and maitain the ship ourselfs?
On's/Off's

Lord of Shadows

Untill we get an area of our own we are very limited to number of threads so that part I think - one thread IC and one OOC... about.

Jess... well if she is to have a task on the ship that would be navigator or communicator. She is not tech and I don't see her as being trained in flying the ship. I assume there are more crew on board than just us but still we would carry our own load as well of course.

Light Exotic will keep our characters safe from rape and that is always good :)... I guess ;)

GreyAsylum

I'm kinda late but I've had my eye on this for a while. Would one more still be allowed? I had a turian female in mind who is a chemical and medical expert, but I'd completely understand if this is all filled up.

Wargtass

Quote from: GreyAsylum on June 04, 2013, 06:15:48 AM
I'm kinda late but I've had my eye on this for a while. Would one more still be allowed? I had a turian female in mind who is a chemical and medical expert, but I'd completely understand if this is all filled up.

It would be sweet to have a medic on board, not to mention another Turian.  ;D But sadly I think we are all filled up and ready to go.  :-(

Quote from: Luvan95 on June 04, 2013, 05:01:08 AM
I think Light Exotic Small Group would be the place for us, right?
And that ship looks good. :) We should decide on a name for it as well. Since it's a N7 operation I guess the ship would be and Alliance vessel, so it's gonna be the "SSV" something. Maybe "SSV Polaris"?
And do we have extra ship personel or do we fly and maitain the ship ourselfs?

Actually the naming conventions of Alliance ships a rather strict. If we are going for a Normandy sized vessel it is a frigate-class starship which means the name should be taken from places where a great battle in Earth's history took place. Normandy, Hastings, Iwo Jima and Liepzig are all existing examples. Dreadnoughts are named after big Earth mountains (Everest, Kilimanjaro, Fuji, etc.), Cruisers after great cities (Budapest, London, Seoul, etc.) and Carriers after great mind of the human race (Benjamin Davis, Einstein, Hawkins, etc.). With that in mind I would suggest SSV Thermopylae or SSV Alamo. Both were underdog battles where a small force held against impossible odds (and then lost, but that's not the point... ::) ) a rather fitting theme for an N7 vessel going up against the Reapers, don't you think?

While all Armiger Legion troops are trained in piloting assault craft, the leap between that and frigate is a bit too steep. Not to mention it would be a little risky is the Pilot went into battle with the others. So a dedicated crew for our little operation perhaps?

O/O

Luvan95

Quote from: Wargtass on June 04, 2013, 10:26:17 AM
Actually the naming conventions of Alliance ships a rather strict. If we are going for a Normandy sized vessel it is a frigate-class starship which means the name should be taken from places where a great battle in Earth's history took place. Normandy, Hastings, Iwo Jima and Liepzig are all existing examples. Dreadnoughts are named after big Earth mountains (Everest, Kilimanjaro, Fuji, etc.), Cruisers after great cities (Budapest, London, Seoul, etc.) and Carriers after great mind of the human race (Benjamin Davis, Einstein, Hawkins, etc.). With that in mind I would suggest SSV Thermopylae or SSV Alamo. Both were underdog battles where a small force held against impossible odds (and then lost, but that's not the point... ::) ) a rather fitting theme for an N7 vessel going up against the Reapers, don't you think?

I tried to find any info about the naming of the ships, but I couldn't find any. Good thing you knew about it then!  ;D
I think I will cast my vote for the SSV Alamo.
On's/Off's