Magic The Gathering - Anyone?

Started by Drake Valentine, July 09, 2014, 08:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

Just curios of who plays it and what formats.

I for one do casual play, though had attended tournaments for Modern and Standard decks. Few times at least, with present work schedule it is hard to make time for tournament, but I still play casual with friends.

Decks I run.
G/R fight deck with heroic creatures - {standard} (some things will be falling out soon.) Not that competitive, hit and miss.
Bant Slivers - {Standard} Very Competitive (Looking forward to the new slivers, sadly the others will be falling off, but I will just make a new deck out of m14-m15 slivers, not sure if that is called extended/constructed/or the term for it unless it is still just viewed as 'modern.') (Also slivers tend to draw a lot of aggro in group FFA casual play. >.<  This is also with other people playing modern decks, so I take it as a compliment.)
Mono Red - Land Hate {Modern} Very Competitive  (Not for casual play, since it just trolls and gets so much hate. Fails at group play, obviously since it is more of a solo lock down deck.)
Blue / Black - Discard {Modern}  Competitive  {Draws group casual hate}
Also I run a mono white enchant deck - {Standard} (Though some of the stuff is also falling off. ;( ) Hit and miss competitive.

There has been other things I ran in past, but hard to remember them all. There were; zombies, ninjas, infinity, and other things. Also there was my kill/Blood Artistry deck that just had a lot of creature hate spells and things that benefit from going to graveyard, it was W/B.

Edit: Corrected typo I saw. 'following' off. Meant falling off.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Dice

I play Legacy, Vintage and Modern.

In Legacy I can more or less build what I like and tend to switch from week to week. Lately playing Jund, Elves and Painter. I will likely run some TES soon because I am an ass and hate others having fun turns of which to play the game with.
In Modern I play Jund and Merfolk. Fish are a shockingly good deck.
In Vintage I play Shop sometimes but mostly I play Dr Edge's Laboratory. I love that deck so much. That and finishing my Shop deck is about 4 grand more than I have right now.

Drake Valentine

Yea, those former two are way out of my game and budget. >.< You can see lots of broke **** in them; of course modern has a few broken cards, but to me those other two formats take the game to an entire different level.

Merfolk are cool, never played them in a deck, but I have seen a few people in my magic group that used them from time to time. Actually, I like anything tribal, but not all my decks are tribal, only a selected few. My slivers are almost tribal, minus *cough* mimic *cough.* I may or may not make them completely tribal, not sure yet. Progenitor is actually helpful when I clone a stat boosting sliver; assuming opponents do not counter/kill it in that go. If they don't, well, they are f***ed, unless they have another trolltastic spell. 

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused}