WH40000 - what's your opinion?

Started by Beorning, August 09, 2014, 03:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonHellsing

Shadow War or just forming a Kill Team is a pretty good way to get in on the hobby. And of course you can use proxies with friends as long as they're okay with it. As of late GW has been introducing "Easy to Build" kits with 3-5 models for usually $15. However the only ones as of now deal with some Space Marine and Chaos models, so hopefully this will be expanded soon enough. You could get into Kill Team this way, but it's more intended for collecting purposes than anything.

Some armies are more expensive than others, but every one will put a dent in your wallet if you go to 1,500 points or above, not counting paint and other supplies you'll need. It usually depends on what army it is or what you're trying to do on where your money goes. I used to have Orks and most of my time and money went into my Boyz. After I sold them and picked up Flesh Tearers, however, my money was spread out among various models and units because that's how the army worked. I may have a lower model count, but those models were priced accordingly.

Of course, don't let that stop you from doing your own thing. Some armies may have more freedom with kitbashing and building from scratch (Orks, Chaos) but you can do that for any army in the game, be it for fluff reasons or just to make due with what you have. Like for my Flesh Tearers, I mix and match various marks of power armor because in my mind, the Flesh Tearers are so undermanned and under-equipped as of 8th edition and Leviathan tearing them and the Blood Angels a new one, they have to scavenge whatever they can or dig up older equipment to continue the fight.
The difference between gods and demons largely depends on perspective.

Check out my O/Os!

wander

I second that Shadow War and Kill Team are good ways to get into the hobby. I actually started off with Kill Team, very neat as it's only 200pts of models (generally around 15ish models, give or take 5 either direction) and you get a good handle on how the game handles and such. It has a different feel to 'proper' 40K, though is a nice cheap in and a fun skirmishy game.

Yet to play Shadow War, though that uses less models again than Kill Team, usually two squad boxes or sometimes even one box will cover you. My starting team for that atm is an Aspiring Champion, 2-3 CSMs and a handful of cultists. A box of CSMs and a box of cultists has me covered, basically.

One other cool game, is Age of Sigmar:Skirmish. It's again small scale, though uses the fantasy models. The book is only £6, so probably the cheapest for an in to the Geedubs games. My first starting Skirmish warband was a Nurgle Sorceror (house-ruled in by dividing it's points by 20) and 5 Chaos Marauders, which expanded out from there.

And yep, if you can get a friend who doesn't mind proxying/counts-as, you can give all kinds of models a go before you go ahead and buy (nothing worse than grabbing a box and realising you're probably never gonna field them after a game where you realise they're shit).

Also, I discovered this on 1d4chan the other night, where some neat fan-made games are good for putting together a handful of models and just having a beer and pretzels sesh over an afternoon;

https://onepagerules.com/

TheLaughingOne

Ok, so this might just be me... but...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/527430/Warhammer_40000_Inquisitor__Martyr/

Now out in early access, and to be honest, i was thrilled at the idea originally... But now i see its just some diablo clone.. I've... Lost almost all interest. Its... yeah. now im just kinda meh on the whole thing. I had hoped for some good 1st/3rd person style, maybe something like hellgate london or whatever... but the diablo style game play has always been one of the hardest for me to get into..

What about you guys? Thoughts and feelings on this?
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

HairyHeretic

https://www.lavozdehorus.com/imagenes-las-nuevas-unidades-la-guardia-la-muerte/

New Death Guard model pics. I hadn't been planning on expanding my own DG, but these could tempt me :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

wander

There's a link there to the Miniwargaming's review of the Codex. Doesn't mention the strategems or Mortarion, though there are some great new adds for sure.

Atm I run a small 500pt patrol using the Index rules, though will be bumping up to 750pts when this drops, to work up to 1000pts for league-play. I'm glad the generic Daemons of Nurgle are in there, I'm seeing a possibility of running some Nurglings to hassle gunlines to get Poxwalkers supported by Typhus, a Blightbringer and maybe a Tallyman/Plague Surgeon in a Vanguard detachment (considering a Helbrute for cheap heavy also). Depending on the new strategems, there may be some potential for Outrider also, for exploding vehicles and mortal wounds shenanigans.

As a Death Guard commander, what of the new stuff? Well now...

The Death Shroud are awesome, though apparently 75pts each, though luckily they come in units of 3. Still, very elitey... Good for high point games and they have a Look Out Sir style rule, though I think in low point games, Typhus serves really well as he has Lord stats, a mastercraft Manreaper and is a Psyker for dat Miasma and Plague Wind gold.
Depending on points, the Blightlord Termies may be a better call, as I've found the DG to be quite the elitey army... Having some extra shooting at 2+ save would be a good call. I found at 500pts that dropping off some Cultists with autopistols and ccws via Rhino into a gunline will cause some real havoc, though shooting is still pretty weak and Plague Marines aren't as hardy as one might think really.

As such, the Plague Surgeon character would be a neat add, giving that buff to reroll 1s for Disgusting Resilience. I've found that DG are tenacious, though getting hit by a multi-damage weapon is pretty much a death sentence if you need to rely on the Resilience, as you're rolling multiple dice for 5+s. Anything that helps that is pretty neat.

I'm not a fan of Bloat-Drones (though that new lawnmower loadout is awesome looking!), I feel points are better served on a Helbrute, which is why I'm a fan of the Vanguard Detachment. However, I can see potential Fast Attack using the now cheaper Plague Drone daemons, at 99pts for 3 of them, that's not too bad now. Still, I'm a fan of the Rhino, it may not be Fast Attack, though fills that slot nicely and is points-efficient (cheaper than the Drones and shooty too), with a Havoc Launcher and now with Plague Marines being 2pts cheaper each at 19pts, a combi-plasma is a nice affordable add for some more anti-tank.
Juries out on the new Fast Attack option, those beetly daemon-engine Blight-haulers. Though the models are cool and if they're not much more or a similar price to Plague Drones, they have some great buffs and awesome range potential.

I'm 'meh' on the new Plaguecrawler tank, though depending on points, it may be a pretty good option. The mortar rule of not needing line of sight and the decent range is pretty good and it has a nice mix of weapons. I was a fan before of the Predator for Heavy Support, due to the different weapons all over the Plaguecrawler I don't see it being a fair point-priced option, though I'm... intrigued.

wander

Holy double-post Kruze! ^^

Today I got the Death Guard codex. It's around 105 pages, fairly thin however it is as high quality as the core rulebook and chock full of amazing double-page spread art and the first 55 pages are filled with fluff, which is written in fairly small text, so it manages to be concise and yet fill all the stuff you'd need to figure out a really fluffy army for Nurgle's boys. There's an overview of the Legion and what sections make it up, plus a map that shows where the 7 Plague Companies that make up the legion are based across the galaxy, after some nice examples of colour schemes different warbands along with Colonies or larger Maledictums (7 colonies make up a Maledictum).

Typhus took an 11pt price bump up, which makes the Daemon Prince (now with disgusting resilience) an appealing option in comparison. I don't think taking Poxwalkers without Typhus is a too good idea. Not sure how I can counter Ork Boyz mobs without them, though we'll see. Blightlord Termies when geared to base are 45pts each, so a squad is 225pts, same as 3 Deathshrouds. I talked on comparing them in the last post. Notably, though they're the same points, Deathshrouds are 11 Power whilst Blightlords are 14 Power.

Bloat-Drones... The cheapest option is the fleshmower one (136pts kitted out), otherwise I feel they're overpriced still.
The Helbrute is better IMO, though the Blight-Hauler on the other hand are 142pts each kitted out and has for 2 less wounds though no damage track a whole bunch of buffs and debuffs. Best taken in 3s to get WS and BS 3+ rather than 4+, though maybe worth the take for one even in small games. They're very killy at decent range with the missile launcher and multi-melta and confer a cover save to those within 7", which is perfect when foot-slogging a mob of 20 Poxwalkers upfield. Bring in Typhus and cast the new Putrescent Vitality psychic power on them for S5, T5 walkers with a 6+ save, should find less die before they nom the infantry or characters then.  8-)  Then for real dickery, put with a Blightbringer for better advances and a Blightspawn's Revolting Stench rule makes sure they always go first in melee, 40 attacks and kills that make new poxwalkers (hopefully with the WS 4+ still in effect) will ruin a few Ork's days...  ;D That's not even including the Plague Surgeon that does rerolls of 1s for Disgusting Resilience. ;)

Got spare command points? Run up the walkers with a cultist meatshield, after using The Dead Walk Again strategem before moving for 1cp. When the cultists get shot and killed, they'll rise as poxwalkers, adding to the mob you have.  8-)

The Plagueburst Crawler is 150pts kitted out base, which is cheap as chips considering the mortar on it's back along with the decent anti-infantry of the heavy slugger it also comes with. Super value for it's cost, a few more than the Blight-Hauler and you'll be getting more rolled hits with it. Has a different role, pretty much being parked at the back and lobbing that Mortar at what you want, compared to the forward mover of the Blight-Hauler (the latter has a decent -2ap gnashing maw which counts as a plague weapon; reroll 1s to wound). Depends what you need with the army and what slots/holes you have to fill.

Overall, fairly pleased. The Death Guard are still elitey, though now I feel there's some decent heavy hitters filling the slots and the gaps of the index list are filled for sure.

(also their unique dice are awesome, a lil expensive, though I love 'em ^^ )

HairyHeretic

What does the fleshmower do? I presume it's just a nasty CC weapon?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: HairyHeretic on September 16, 2017, 01:10:09 PM
What does the fleshmower do? I presume it's just a nasty CC weapon?

It's like a lawnmower, but for flesh.

HairyHeretic

I seem to recall putting those on my rhinos back around 4th ed :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

wander

Melee weapon, +2 Str, -2 ap, 2 damage. It's also a plague weapon, so you can reroll to-wound rolls of 1. Also each time the Bloat-Drone fights, it can make an additional 6 attacks with it. Essentially it's like slapping two Power Scourges on the thing that have plague weapon. Pretty good if you want a melee hitter and can't afford points-wise a decent beaty Helbrute.

At full strength, the Bloat-Drone is S6 and 3 attacks, so that's nine Str 6 attacks at -2 ap. Not the best for Orks, though it'll ruin a Space Marine squad's day.

Pic (left Drone);

The Fleshmower does replace the two Plaguespitters, so you're making the drone a melee only daemon-engine, though you can also use it's Plague Probe still, which is Str user, ap-2 and damage d3 + plague weapon. Good if you want a punt against a character and need that 3 damage.

VonHellsing

As much as I found the Death Guard boring in the past, I have to say all these fluff updates are thoroughly entertaining me so far.

-Tau begin their Fourth Sphere Expansion, run face first into the Death Guard invasion force and of course get stomped.
-Typhus and Huron Blackheart duel on the world of Danasar, Typhus wins but spare Huron because "Nurgle's generosity" but shatters the poor bastard's pride.
-The Death Guard defeats the Iron Warriors to claim control of the Temple of Ascension, with the duel between Mortarion and Perturabo lasting for seven hours, meaning Perturabo's status as the galaxy's punching bag still stands.
-In the Plague Wars, as a last resort Mortarion makes a heavily corrupted Eldar Maiden World into his own personal Death Star, which eventually gets destroyed anyway by the Ultramarines.
-In the middle of his duel with Guilliman, he gets pulled back by Nurgle to defend the Scourge Stars while Ku'gath just laughs at the irony and Typhus makes some smartass comment.
-During the War in the Rift, Mortarion banishes the bloodthirster Ka'bandha back to the Warp (as a Flesh Tearers player, this makes me sad).
-Foulspawn is back, but only as a mention. Apparently he keeps eating Mortarion's men but he can kill him without upsetting Nurgle, so he just keeps him banished on the Plague Planet to avoid having to deal with him.

This whole War in the Rift kerfuffle sounds like a lot of fun, even if the Death Guard were McGuffined out of Ultramar. A Black Crusade campaign around there sounds like a whole lot of fun.
The difference between gods and demons largely depends on perspective.

Check out my O/Os!

wander

Quote-In the Plague Wars, as a last resort Mortarion makes a heavily corrupted Eldar Maiden World into his own personal Death Star, which eventually gets destroyed anyway by the Ultramarines.

That was Week 6 of the 'Fate of Konor' campaign. I missed it due to not having enough models painted for a proper good force, though I'm hoping any future campaigns will have my doods up and ready to battle in.

As my mate plays Tau, my Death Guard basically are basically a vectorium from the 7th Plague Company, which is the one of seven Death Guard forces around the galaxy, the 7th spread around the Hades Anomoly and Scourge Stars, stretching to the Eastern Fringe and stretching past Macragge to Ichar 4 and galactic south past the Black Reach.

Typhus' First Company is up by Cadia (or what remains of it) and Agripinaa where they can cross into Imperium Nihilus through the Nachmund Gauntlet. Basically to give the Militarum some trouble for trying to reclaim Cadia.

TheLaughingOne

So, i playing shadow wars with a blend of necromunda rules with friends, and... I had what i thought was a really cool idea of playing Tau as Gue'vesa infiltrators. Humans working for the tau as infiltrators in the hive, as tau are just gonna stand out. They are stated as the tau in the shadow war book... But they get the option to expand out their gear from the necromunda weapons list... cause honestly...

In shadow wars tau SUCK!!!! You only get 2 weapon choices, pulse carbines or pistols. recon armor (which is a +5, and most things have a save mod of -1 or -2, meaning you either lose your save roll, or need a 6, while most other things have the option of a save of 4, or other things to make them durable) and their stats are just.... Bad.

Standard guard troop is weapon skill: 3, Ballistic Skill 4, Strength 3, toughness 3, Wounds 1, Init 3, Attacks 1, leadership 7 and costs 60 points coming with no gear but flak armor (save of 6+) and combat knife.

Standard Tau trooper is Weapon Skill 2, Ballistic 3, strength 3, toughness 3, wounds 1, init 2, attacks 1, leadership 7 and costs 60 points with Recon armor (save of 5+) and combat knife.

So their start stats are crap compared to a similear priced guardsman. Some reason the race known for its ranged combat skills is worse then your standard guardsman. They arent great at melee.... But thats cause they are tau.

Options really blow things away. for 20 points a guard can take carapace armor, which gives them an armor save of 4+, but has a penalty of 1 on init

Tau have no armor options.

Weapons, Tau have 2 choices,
Pulse pistol, short range of 0-8, long range of 8-16, no bonuses or penalties to any range, a strength of 5, no armor save mods, and an ammo roll of 4+ and costs 30 points.
Pulse carbine, Short range of 0-9, long of 9-19, no bonuses or penalties to any range, strength of 5, an armor save mod of -2, and 4+ and costs 30 points.

So, the carbine and pistol are actually pretty badass aside from the range. This is further wiped out by most every faction (except tau) gets camo gear, which removes 4 inches from shooters max range. So now your range is 12 for pistol, and 15 for carbine.

Guards can choose
Lasrifle, Short range of 0-12, long of 12-24, +1 when shooting at short range, no bonus for long, strength 3, damage 1, no mod save, and ammo roll of 3+ for 25 pts.
But.. You can get a hotshot powerpack which ups strength to 4, and makes the ammo roll a 6 for 15pts,
Telescopic sight which doubles your ranges if you havent moved that turn for 20pts,
or a red dot sight, which gives you a +1 to hit, but if your aiming in their front 90 degree arc they get a +6 invuln save after the shot as they see the dot and can attempt to dodge, for 20pts..

Shotgun costs 20pts and has 2 fire modes you can chose when you shoot.
Solid Slug: Short of 0-4, long of 4-18, +1 to hit short, -1 to hit long, Strength 4, damage of 1, armor mod of -1, and ammo roll of 5+
Burst shot: Short of 0-4, long of 4-18, +1 to hit short, -1 to hit long, Strength 3, damage of 1, no armor mod, and ammo roll of 5+
but a hit with a burst shot also causes hits on all targets under a small blast template, and ignores cover bonuses. so while its low damage, its great for horde busting as still, even if you dont cause a wound you still pin the enemy making it so they cant really move (they can crawl 2 inches) and cant make an attack unless someone is close to help them up, and if they are close enough to help, they were hit by the blast as well.
Shotguns also have the option for red dots at 20pts.

so... theres the break down, tau kinda really suck. their weapons leave them VERY vulnerable to melee combat, and by vulnerable i mean "if it happens, you die." and their skills are crap. why are the guys that focus on ranged combat so bad at ranged?

they do get one little bonus thing of if they are close together when one is charged by an enemy the others get a free shot to try and hit the guy before he enters combat... But you have a penalty to hit cause he is running, so while their normal skill of 3 means they need a 4+ to hit, a running target requires a 5+.

some of the taus other options kinda help, you can get a drone that for all units within 3 inches get an additional 6 inches of range, and you can equip guys with markerlights, so rather then shooting you can choose to have them "light up" a target removing all of their cover bonuses, but doesnt give bonuses to your heavy or special weapons.

So why cant tau take the pulse rifle? its same stats as a carbine, but a range of 0-15 short, 15-30 long. Thats awesome! that means even with their crappy ballistic skill they can still have a chance at hitting, specially as most units are going to be under cover (even light cover means they need a +5 to hit, heavy cover is +6, and if they ran to get to that cover, a 6+ for light, and +7 for heavy (to get a 7+ on a d6 you need to roll a 6, and then roll again getting 4+. This also invites an ammo roll, but for their stats thats prety much nothing, roll a 4+ on 2d6)

You get the options for drones, like a recon drone who is 110 points.. But gets a pulse cannon,
Short, 0-9, long 9-18, no range penalty or bonus, strength 5, damage 1, save mod -2 and a substained fire of 2 dice (substained fire works by when you fire, you roll 1d3 for each die, the result is the number of shots you get afterwards) Which makes it a deadly horde fighter.. but its BS is 2. whcih means if your shooting at a guy in a field with no cover and hasnt ran, you need a 5+ to hit. It doesnt get a bonus from the pulse accelerator drone (which adds 6 inches to range) and its a heavy weapon, so you cant move and then shoot.

Pulse accelerator drone which gives all tau units using a pulse rifle, carbine, or pistol, an extra 6 inches range, costs 50 points,

And a grav inhibitor,which for 50 pts makes it so all enemies with in 6 inches lose 1 from their move speed before running or charging. which... Isnt to useful. At best you put it out front before your troops as a fire magnet, (rules state that you have to target the closest standing enemy first, so even if theres a chaos space marine with a pair of power sword screaming for khorne to give him strength to take your skull, you have to target the half dead, crippled, and unarmed except for a combat knife chaos cultist in front of him.. Because he is the closest threat.

But.. As said, we are mixing in necromunda rules which adds a TON of options. The chance to get extra types of armor, like carapace to make your troops less squishy (Now they get that nice 4+ armor save!) Access to other weapons that while not as powerful as pulse weapons, give them that MUCH needed range! Access to melee weapons so they have SOME chance in combat!

But...
with carapace you have that -1 init, which puts your troops at a 1+ to any init tests... Which includes, resisting falling off a cat walk (if your shot within 1 inch of a catalk, you test to see if you dont fall, not to common, but enough to count.) Jumping down from a ledge safely, recovering early from pinned (if you have a friendly troop that isnt pinned/broken/downed/recruit within 2 inches they are able to help the character back up to fight) your spotting range of hidden characters (1 inch for each point of initative) or awareness (double your init to spot unhidden, but obscured enemies, only useful in charging..) soo.... yeah

Why is a light scout cost as much as a MUCH better veteran guardsman? Why not give tau the option for better weapon choices, if you insist on making them short range why not give them the option for pulse blasters, the taus pulse equivalent of a shotgun, or something that makes it so they dont suck..?

it just doesnt make sny sense to me to cripple an army with that level of suck and ass. I had the idea for gue'vesa infiltrators and was excited, but now... im wishing i had paid a bit more attention to their really horrible stat line before putting bids on ebay box sets to work with..
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

wander

One issue I found with Tau when I played against them in Kill Team back in 7th edition was something you're skimming over a bit... They have s5 firearms. Most everyone has t3, so they're wounding on 2+s. Sure, they hit on a 4+, though they have wargear to help with that.

It is admittedly hard for me to feel bad after their recent OPness in 7th edition overall and being on the other end of it.

Though I also feel you for not being points efficient, I'm playing Death Guard and at 1000pts I can basically only afford a few mechanised units and need to decide between small MSUs of Plague Marines or larger mobs of Cultists, knowing they have 6+ save. If I can get them behind cover and a Blight-Hauler that goes up to 4+, though they're a glass cannon (AP 2 weapons will wipe that right back down again), sure 20 cultists is 80pts and in rapid fire range can put out 40 shots, though seeing my Plague Marines die like flies in 500pt games and they have 3+ save and Disgusting Resilience, it makes forming a list pretty hard. Plague Marines are 19pts each, so that's 95pts for five without giving them something decent like plasmaguns or blight-launchers. I'm lax to equip them up for melee and sticking them in a Rhino. Sure they can do blight grenade bombardment, though five marines with 1 wound and 1 attack each versus a mob of Ork Boyz (who can easily generate 120+ attacks for a mob of 30) is a suicide mission.

TheLaughingOne

I did mention they have an awesome weapon... But their shots suck. they need a 4+ if their target is standing out in the open and hasnt ran. If they have light cover, or have run, its a 5+, ran and cover or just heavy cover 6+, if they ran into heavy cover its a 7+. So if your playing anybody with some idea of tactics or even just how to properly use their guys your tau are going to be wasting shots trying to hit, and then most likely they are going to be VERY close to melee range at which point they be fucked. Sure, they have an awesome weapon, but whats the use if you cant hit anything with it? Only thing they have to help with shooting is markerlight, and that only removes cover bonuses at having one guy not shoot so he can designate One target. which kinda helps, as it means Everybody gets that bonus, but only against that designated target.

So the only thing they have is their armor,  5+ to save, and the charge shot, which as the guy is running, is at -1 and thus a 5+ just to hit.

So, why do they cost as much as an imperial guard vet?

Will admit i never really played 7th or such, guys i was gonna play with changed their minds after i dropped the cash for my models.. now sitting on a huge space marine army im putting together for 8th.

Something like... 15 assault marines, bunch of devastators (6 heavy bolters, 2 plasma, 2 multi-melts, 2 rockets, 2 las cannons) contemptor dreadnought, Captain on Bike, 5 reiver marines (new aquisition) and just a ton of tacticals... I really need to get my options counted..
My Ons and Offs!

TheLaughingOne

... Inventory done, of the space marines alone.

5 scouts
1 jetpack chaplin
1 contemptor dreadnought
4 jump jet marines
1 bike captain
42 open marines
2 bolter marine
2 marine bolter/chainsword
2 marine chainsword
2 marine power/relic sword
1 marine bolt pistol/chainsword
1 apothicary
1 marine plasma pistol
5 reiver marines (bolt pistol, blade, grapnel, grav chutes)
2 multimelta devastators
2 marine plasma cannons
4 rocket marines
3 lascannon marines
5 vanguard marines (dreamforge)

Bits
6 Heavy Bolters
1 multimelta
2 plasma cannons
1 rocket launcher
2 lascannons
10 mk3 torsos
49 backpacks
1 chaplin backpack
2 devastator targeter backpack
2 servo skulls
4 thunder hammers
10 power fists
1 guard powerfist
4 power claws
4 power swords/hand
2 power axes/arm
1 power sword/arm
2 power maul/hand
2 guard powerswords
1 relic sword/arm
2 guard power batons
2 guard plasma arms
4 plasma guns
1 combi-meltas
1 combi-plasma
1 variable combi (Flamer, melta, plas, Grav
3 flamers
1 grav gun
2 guard melta
6 melta guns
4 plasma pistols (arm)
3 plasma pistols (hand)
1 guard plasma pistol
16 combat knives
4 bolt pistols (arm)
3 bolt pistols (hand)
1 combat sheild/bolt pistol
8 storm bolters (hand)
1 storm bolter (arm)
8 bolter arms
30 bolters (hand)
7 tacticalbolters with arms
3 bolters (bayonet)
27 chainswords (hand)
10 chainswords (arm)
10 left arm holder (pauldron)
12 l.arm no pauldron
7 r. arm holder pauldron
10 r. arm holder nopauldron
6 r. arm nohand pauldron
13 r. arm nohand/nopauldron
4 right arm heavy bolt pistol
2 right arm grapnel
80 heads
24 left arm holder no pauldron
60 pauldrons
8 holstered pistols
11 legs
My Ons and Offs!

TheLaughingOne

Boom! And finally got my 8th list together...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Oj6ud9S-2SZXRkR2ZaUnh2WkE/view?usp=sharing

Now i just gotta get the army put together...
My Ons and Offs!

wander

Tbh, I feel Shadow War:Armageddon was a nice idea though was clearly implemented to shift overstock rather than put lists together that made sense. For example the Orks are super OP and the Eldar don't even have Rangers, which would make sense for a skirmish mission. I do still have high hopes for Forge World's Necromunda though. It looks like this edition will take bits from 8th edition and Infinity to make something pretty interesting.

Btw, your google doc file is a whole mess of coding... Which seems to be an issue Battlescribe does.
You're probably better doing the list in notepad and use your calculator app on your PC or phone to go through it. I find that Battlescribe will misprice certain things or leave out certain weapons, which can make the difference of 5pts either way for a unit or more.

As for myself... I'm hoping to have a 750pt list done tomorrow for my Death Guard and have been using notepad to plop down notes (atop of sticky-noting point costs on the corners of datafiles in the codex for quick reference).

TheLaughingOne

Oof... yeah. Lookex fine on my computer.. but on a diff machine... yeah. Maybe try and fix it later or something.. was made using index rules as well rather then codex... and a whole slew of head issues as well... soo.... yeh.

And swa isnt bad, its just they kinda messed up on tge armies, like you said, eldar guardians instead of raiders, pathfinders i stead of fire caste or kroot, just lot of bad de isions. It was originally made for only space marine scouts, guard, and orks, but when it really took off they just ki da gruntrd out the extra races and rereleased the book with the extra stuff haphazardly added in. It really shows in the editing, format, and lack of rule clarification on points.

Great concept, but lack luster execution.
My Ons and Offs!

wander

Btw, I recommend scooping up a Codex, you'll likely get reduced point costs on some things, a new load of Warlord Traits, additional Psychic Powers, unique new Stratagems and also Relics, which picking one gives a free to equip item for your warlord (unless you spend CP to get more of them).

TheLaughingOne

I made this.

cept for the art.

i didnt make that.

not really sure who did cause i just loooked at google.

but still i made it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3Tmlb
My Ons and Offs!

wander

Something I think is right up your street;

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Love_and_Krieg

I actually really love this.  ;D

HairyHeretic

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on September 29, 2017, 02:11:23 PM
I made this.

cept for the art.

i didnt make that.

not really sure who did cause i just loooked at google.

but still i made it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3Tmlb

You may also find this helpful

https://regimental-standard.com/2017/09/20/so-youve-been-shot-a-flowchart/

Cattle die, kinsmen die

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

wander

The weekly Regimental Standard blog is really amazing.  ;D

It has that old school dark humour to 40k that's been missing for the past 20 years outside the odd thing here and there.

There was however in the Imperial Guard codex (the one previous, not this new release) where they mention a tale of some Tempestus fighting Tau on a planet and getting overrun, trying to do a tactical retreat to their ship and the Commisaar aboard not letting them board and telling them to retake the planet or die... So the Tempestus trek back to the battlefield to see the Tau already left. So they can't leave the planet as they're not allowed to leave until they kill all the Tau, though they can't as they left already...  ::)

I found that story kinda funny, in a really dark way. Felt like the upper echelons of the Guard command and administration have that broken way of doing things in the style of the film 'Brazil'.